Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
I 100% agree, it would make her a total piece of shit. But what about now ? Everyone believe the MC's grandparents, Lynette's parents, are total pieces of shits who drove their poor daughter away from home and never cared for their grandson.

What if they never knew he existed ? What if that's the happy part of that story, that the MC gets reunited with that part of his family ?
Maybe but honestly it be pretty strange if they don't know about fuckface. [The inheritance kind of kills this theory]

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Told you its whacked :D

But it didn't come from nothing.

1. Neil - How many 23 year old guys you know, who know a girl for less than a year, the girl dies and then 19 years later they still start balling their eyes out whenever she is mentioned ? It's not sadness, it's guilt having to lie to his son over and over.

2. The MC has zero contact to anyone from his maternal side of the family.

3. The "inheritance". Now I don't know what was going on there, but the MC sure as shit didn't inherit anything 2 weeks shy of being 19, send in a box.

4. It's the only time in the entire game where DPC goes into the past again and again to the same spot, for a character that has no more story to tell as far as the MC is concerned. Not how he usually allocates ressources.
You're not the only one who has speculated about that. I did it yesterday. :p While I doubt it's the case, you never know with DPC.
I do however wonder why the MC keep thinking about his mom as naked or sexy. :ROFLMAO:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
We don't know the timeframe of when she was knocked up and every woman shows at a different time, that's not conclusive.

I don't think that Neil has the ressources to hide from someone as rich as Lynette's family.
The time frame of the impregnation doesn't matter in your theory because your theory is based on Lynette wanting to live her life and leaving Neil for that reason. She would not have gone back to Neil then, whether she was pregnant or not.
Did this theory already exist? I've seen a theory about Agnes being the MC's grandmother and not the great-grandmother.
Yes, the theory has been around for, like, a year. But nice to read so someone else has come up with it.(y)

Reactions: DMNOV3R

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Maybe but honestly it be pretty strange if they don't know about fuckface. [The inheritance kind of kills this theory]
But that's just it, that was NOT an inheritance. I made a real technical post about it a while ago, lemme find and quote it for you.

For any speculation you first have to make up your mind if there was a will or not. Now if you go by probability, an 18 year old girl, that ran away from home is not very likely to already have a will in play, however if they were super loaded, it could've been custom for the family to have all children make a will as soon as they hit 18.

Without a will, the order of inheritance is as follows

1. Spouse and Children, and to keep this super simple, for most cases 50% to each party, meaning even 5 Children would together only inherit 50% with the other 50% going to the spouse.

If the deceased has no spouse or children it's

2. Parents and Silblings.

So as you can see, without a will, the MC ( assuming he is the only child of his mother, which seems very likely ) given the fact that Neil and Lynette were not married would have inherited 100%.

As far as inheritance prodedure goes, nobody gets a box with a 5k$ check, some old clothes, a diary and a letter from a lawyer 2 weeks before they turn 19. So whatever the fuck happened there, the MC didn't inherit shit, either someone send him a box with all the stuff and the "who" is the million dollar question or Neil had it all the time.

That box didn't even belong to any lawyer to begin with, you don't inherit when you reach legal age, you inherit when a person dies, a guardian would have been appointed to manage those assets, and in like all but 2 states that would have defaulted to Neil (assuming he is the MC's biologial father and of course still under the assumption that there is no off setting will.)

And even if Neil would'nt have qualified, he would have known right there and then who was appointed as the guardian. And don't even get me started on the requirements the guardian would have to meet upon accepting guardianship to "act in the best interest of the benefactor" because that sure as shit doesn't mean you throw a 5k check into a box and then seal the box, he/she would have to deposit the money and have the benefactor collect the interests.

It would be a real bummer if DPC just willed that stupid box into existence so the MC has the diary to read and some money to splash. I seriously hope the "who" is relevant and by that i mean BOOM-relevant to the story, otherwise it's a fucked up mess and a cheap tug at the heartstrings.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
The time frame of the impregnation doesn't matter in your theory because your theory is based on Lynette wanting to live her life and leaving Neil for that reason. She would not have gone back to Neil then, whether she was pregnant or not.
Dude she HAD TO get away from her parents if she plans to be dead to her kid for the rest of her life, otherwise her parents would know and her friends would know. You cannot fake an entire pregnancy.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
I hate preppies. I can't wait to troll Jill's mom when the two are introduced. Especially if Jill and the MC are friends. I will do whatever I can to treat Jill's mother in a way that reminds her of Jill's dead sister. :ROFLMAO:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Something occurred to me in this regard. What if Lynette's father hid from the family so that Lynette would have a son. He has hidden the crucial diary from the family in his safe. But is deceased and through inheritance the diary has fallen into the hands of the other family members. They read the diary and learn that Lynette was pregnant by Neil. The last entry in diary is then on the day shortly before the birth.

It is strange that shortly after the MC left for college, the hotel was renovated.
I believe the diary will have significance in the present and one way could be, just as we both said, that it reconnects the MC with the maternal side of his family.

And IF I'm right and Lynette really is alive then I REALLY hope we are given the chance to say "Go fuck yourself!!!" to her, as the MC's turns around and leaves her standing whereever.

Reactions: dalli_x

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Something occurred to me in this regard. What if Lynette's father hid from the family so that Lynette would have a son. He has hidden the crucial diary from the family in his safe. But is deceased and through inheritance the diary has fallen into the hands of the other family members. They read the diary and learn that Lynette was pregnant by Neil. The last entry in diary is then on the day shortly before the birth.

It is strange that shortly after the MC left for college, the hotel was renovated.
But in this theory the MC's grandfather is dead. I wanted to see the MC meet at least his grandfather before the game ends. He doesn't seem to have a living grandmother. If he doesn't have a living grandfather either, will he know who in Lynn's family? :unsure:

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
And IF I'm right and Lynette really is alive then I REALLY hope we are given the chance to say "Go fuck yourself!!!" to her, as the MC's turns around and leaves her standing whereever.
As a fan of Bella and a loyal follower of her route, I'd rather see James alive than Lynn. Please, just don't. It would be horrible if she was alive. :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: TimHawk

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
I believe the diary will have significance in the present and one way could be, just as we both said, that it reconnects the MC with the maternal side of his family.
I think the MC will only meet Lynn's friends if he has a romance with Jill. Bianca is Miranda's daughter, isn't she? If the MC doesn't have a romance with Jill he will only know his grandfather.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I think the MC will only meet Lynn's friends if he has a romance with Jill. Bianca is Miranda's daughter, isn't she? If the MC doesn't have a romance with Jill he will only know his grandfather.
He always reads the diary and he always meets Bianca at the Halloween party, so he always has all the info he needs. To be honest its so frustrating that the MC didn't put one and one together. Bianca and the woman in that picture from his diary look like clones !

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
He always reads the diary and he always meets Bianca at the Halloween party, so he always has all the info he needs. To be honest its so frustrating that the MC didn't put one and one together. Bianca and the woman in that picture from his diary look like clones !
I can't imagine how Miranda or Viv will be introduced to the MC if he isn't Jill's boyfriend. I'm having a hard time imagining how Jill is going to introduce the MC to her mom when they're just friends. :unsure:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I can't imagine how Miranda or Viv will be introduced to the MC if he isn't Jill's boyfriend. I'm having a hard time imagining how Jill is going to introduce the MC to her mom when they're just friends. :unsure:
You can still be friends with Jill and the MC only needs her to connect Bianca with him. The rest should be on autopilot.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DMNOV3R

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
You can still be friends with Jill and the MC only needs her to connect Bianca with him. The rest should be on autopilot.
The problem is that there is a possibility that Jill and the MC are not even friends (if he has a romance with Jill and Bella and chooses Bella and doesn't kiss Jill on the bench). In this scenario, there is no chance that Jill will introduce these people to the MC.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
The problem is that there is a possibility that Jill and the MC are not even friends (if he has a romance with Jill and Bella and chooses Bella and doesn't kiss Jill on the bench). In this scenario, there is no chance that Jill will introduce these people to the MC.
It's true that that specific path could be problematic, but when the MC would explain what it's about, Jill, with her heart of gold, would not deny him that simple favor.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
It's likely Fuckface will go to Jill's house at some point. He vaguely recognises the house from Lynette's photo when on Jill's route but he doesn't remember where he saw it.

The question is the circumstances of him going to Jill's house. If it's to meet her parents as a couple then it'd only happen on Jill's route. However it could be that Jill plans a fundraiser for her campaign for Lana and invites Fuckface, that invitation could be as a friend or a boyfriend. Likewise Jill could arrange Maya's meeting with the Royce's lawyer to be at the Royce house and Fuckface could link her house to Lynette on any route through that too.

I personally lean towards the second option simply because it would also bring Bianca back in on any route as she'd be at the fundraiser too. I don't think DPC would hide a possible hookup (I definitely think there'll be a chance to fuck Bianca) behind a path that requires cheating on an LI, so Fuckface has to get linked to Bianca on the others route again at some time especially as he now knows her boyfriend is cheating on her.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JJ1960 and DMNOV3R
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes