dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Scene with Josy's new hearstyle takes place in her room in HOT's, while last preview with "default" Josy hearstyle (ponytail) most probably takes place at the party. Even if it's not a party, then what would stop her from using different hairstyles from day to day? In S2 she often switched from ponytail to buns and back to ponytail.

What the hell does Lily have to do with it? In EP5 hangout Josy with her "default" ponytail hair...

That particular choice even don't change RP or anything else, fuck, it's even don't set any variable. If MC decide to draw on her - you get +1RP before you choice what you will draw. Just a few renders with her face and 2 dialogue lines, that's all. While Maya's RP changing, depending of what you signed on her hand:

View attachment 2737980 View attachment 2737981

heart - is a symbol of love, she will respond to it "you're sweet...", dick - is a joke, no symbolism. If you painted dicks on Steve photo, she will mention that, if not - he will just say MC "... Ok."

Who told you that a "good" Josy is a Chick Josy or vice versa? She is very kind inside, but a bit dare outside. Not a "DIK" like Quinn or Sarah, etc, but she likes humor and when MC doing something daring from time to time. While Josy always was of this type, Maya is moving from her total "Chick" behaviours to more and more dare. She finds her voice, she takes initiative at dorm party and at Halloween party, etc. This is why Neutral aff run would be optimal for J&M branch. MC is not an asshole, but not a sissy at the same time. Josy won't flash her boobs to a Chick MC.

That blue-eyes girl appears in scene at the Derek's closet/bar only in the Others branch. She is there to make MC to suffer a bit and to reassure him later, by asking him about his love life. In that scene we see a flashback with MC, texting all "available" SGs, because he feels lonely and bored. What sense and what relation does that unknown girl have to Josy? Who is Lisa?

MC asks Josy "it is Josephine Taylor and only Josephine Taylor?" because Sage is using 2 last names and prefers to use her birth last name on public. That's why MC fucked up and was confused. MC just wanted to be sure that Josy's Taylor last name is only Taylor. OMG o_O
I just.... I can't see how you connected heart attack, blue-eyed unknown girl and hang out with a dick or heart painting on Josy hand... it's something else, man.

You suppose that BADIK is about to turn into a Twin Peaks or a some kind of mystic thriller or what?

p.s. when Josy first and last time listened to MC playing on guitar:

View attachment 2738121
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Read through this and think about what DPC himself wrote. In the red highlighted DPC writes so that attentive players understand what he, DPC, wants and that on the basis of a picture or sentence. There is nothing about variables or RPs.

"I'm immensely grateful for the success, even though I still battle with handling it. Seeing people chat daily about something I created and how a community has come from it is very humbling. I'm sad I can't be a part of the community in the same way as players, but I do love reading reactions and theories. It often surprises me how attentive players can be; they get what I am going for based on a single sentence or picture. I think it's because they understand the characters very well by now and can relate to their problems and stories."

There was someone, it wasn't me, who connected the red sneakers in Troy's room in EP1 to Chad's red sneaker and theorized so far before EP8 for Chad and Troy to be a gay couple. There must have been a variable for that, right? (Sarcasm). Cut the variable crap because we don't know what variables DPC will write in the future.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I never understood why Sage stopped being available if player chose DIK path, why would she stop having fun with him if neither of them has a partener.
In case everyone's sassy responses weren't clear, Sage has no preference for Dik or Chik MC. Everyone else generally prefers Chik though.

Edit: Also, what exactly is the Josy debate regarding? I'm having trouble deciphering the point.

Last edited:

Lexa81sd

Jun 30, 2023
In case everyone's sassy responses weren't clear, Sage has no preference for Dik or Chik MC. Everyone else generally prefers Chik though.

Edit: Also, what exactly is the Josy debate regarding? I'm having trouble deciphering the point.
Why do they break up if tremolo picks other girls(DIK path), that's my question.

honkyfifteen

Jan 14, 2020
Why do they break up if tremolo picks other girls(DIK path), that's my question.
Maybe she wants to take a step back to think about stuff. She almost made her mind to be in a relationship with a guy, who didnt want to be a rebound guy, but later on says he is not ready for a relationship yet. That sort of thing ought to fuck your mind and make you question your decisions :D
Possibly later on she might be an option again, if MC stays single.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

Mostly it is around the latest Josy preview

Reactions: Scopelophila
Dec 21, 2021
That's an easy one: they spend more time together and don't have Tremolo as a buffer so they begin to bicker and argue more. Tremolo's presence is what is keeping them together.

EDIT: I thought this was about Josy & Maya; didn't see you were talking about Sage,

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021
That isn't meant to be taken literally. She is noticing that Tremolo has gotten better at going down on her (obviously from doing it to her so much) and teases him about a girl that he could be practicing with that she thinks has a crush on him.

There is no Lisa out there secretly watching the MC.

Lexa81sd

Jun 30, 2023
Maybe she wants to take a step back to think about stuff. She almost made her mind to be in a relationship with a guy, who didnt want to be a rebound guy, but later on says he is not ready for a relationship yet. That sort of thing ought to fuck your mind and make you question your decisions :D
Possibly later on she might be an option again, if MC stays single.
She never said she wanted to take step back if she doesn't become his girlfriend, that came out of nowhere, she wanted to fuck all the time.

Then suddenly she wants girlfriend status, otherwise no more fucking. Tremolo was the one who wanted love, not her. She should still be available on other girls route.

Dec 21, 2021
She never said she wanted to take step back if she doesn't become his girlfriend, that came out of nowhere, she wanted to fuck all the time.
At the end of Episode 8 she says that they should take a break from FWB status for a little bit if you choose the Others path. I wouldn't expect it to be permanent.

Lexa81sd

Jun 30, 2023
At the end of Episode 8 she says that they should take a break from FWB status for a little bit if you choose the Others path. I wouldn't expect it to be permanent.
Yeah, I just don't get it.

It feels weird cause she's always horny and wants her last year to be fun, why the need for a break?

It feels random and just for mechanics sake, ruins the immersion imo.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020

Then suddenly she wants girlfriend status, otherwise no more fucking. Tremolo was the one who wanted love, not her. She should still be available on other girls route.
Story wise, what you propose may make sense. But with the branching system as DPC has designed it, the Others' route means no main girls for Fuckface, and Sage is one of the main girls, so...

Lexa81sd

Jun 30, 2023
Story wise, what you propose may make sense. But with the branching system as DPC has designed it, the Others' route means no main girls for Fuckface, and Sage is one of the main girls, so...
She was better off as a temptress, same as her mother, her being a main girl is off. I get it cause she's hot, but still.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Yeah, I just don't get it.

It feels weird cause she's always horny and wants her last year to be fun, why the need for a break?

It feels random and just for mechanics sake, ruins the immersion imo.
Because if you could still fuck her on the "others" route then why would anyone choose the Sage route?

The episode 8 decision was forced because DPC had experimented with gradual branching (helping Sage when she's sick pushed you off the Jill path, Cathy took her panties off to give Fuckface a blowjob pushing you off the Bella path) but realised that the decisions made little sense (Jill as presented would understand Fuckface helping Sage, having that as a cutoff point reflected very badly on Jill, there was no reason for Cathy to take her panties off to give a blowjob and even less reason for her to forget she wasn't wearing them as she got out of the car). Because of the problems with the branching as he started with them he decided on a straight branch off point at the end of the second season.

The problem is that the relationships are at different points, as you say Sage seemed happy with FWB and wasn't about to make Fuckface go exclusive with her anytime soon, Bella has her own demons to deal with (as well as possible issues with school rules) so wasn't about to push Fuckface into a decision. The throuple may have been further down the road in the relationship than Sage or Bella but I don't think it had reached the point where they were about to tell Fuckface to stop dating other girls. Jill was the only one at that point emotionally.

The problem is with his gradual branching not working the only other workable solution for DPC would have been each MG making Fuckface choose between a relationship with them or keeping his options open. Jill probably would have given him the ultimatum in ep 8, how many players on a single run with all relationship options open would choose Jill over every other girl at that point? The throuple would have been next, probably ep 10 or 11, more players would have taken that branch over Bella, Sage and the side girls than would have taken the Jill branch, however a fair proportion of single run players would have chosen the keep their options open. Bella would have been next but probably not until ep 13 or 14. And then Sage wouldn't have made Fuckface choose between her and the side girls until she was leaving college in ep 16. So DPC would have a problem of not many of the single run players taking the Jill route and also have a problem with the completionists being able to do every side girl route while staying on the Sage route limiting the amount of replayability for the game.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Ok, so I've just finished the Others route, and it seems like there's going to be options for settling down with certain side girls, so I want a dedicated save for each. just in case. Who do we think will be the "Main Girls" of the side girls?
  • Quinn's and Zoey are the obvious ones, due to their place in the plot.
  • That discussion about relationships with Rio makes it seems like she going to one too
  • Lily and Nicole's branching ending makes me thing they will be too
  • Sarah and Melanie are a maybe, but I suspect they're just going to be the faces of the manwhore route
That... actually seems about the right amount already actually, so maybe this question is redundant. Regardless, any thoughts?

Speaking of Lily, all this time, I've been fairly "meh" on her, but I really took a liking to her in this playthrough. I like the idea of becoming each others non romantic Ride or Die (that still fuck). The whole "don't fall in love with me" is also very intriguing. Dark backstory, or aromantic, I wonder?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes