Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I love Artemis and Intertwined. But they are entirely different games. Sure Artemis has far better aesthetics.. It is more artsy and that's cool. Has a great story too. MC is a bit of a pansy but hey, can't have everything. Intertwined is engaging and, to be honest, Alexi is the hottest LI I have ever seen in any AVN. But then again her whole look is my thing so it is subjective etc. Both games have their hooks and deserve exposure and success.

But better than Being a Dik? No. BaD has more content. Is continually evolving and far more technical. Every episode is pretty much an improvement over the previous in most regards. You just can't ignore that.

I don't know why I am arguing with a reddit post here. Clearly I am insane and need some coffee.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
View attachment 2936474

Reddit periodically goes through a round of whining and complaining. I understand their frustration, but they ( and you) don't have some solution to help shorten the development time. Hiring new staff is just bullshit, it does nothing to speed up development time knowing how toxic DPС is and his zero teamwork skills.
The new animations are what makes DPС stand out from other games. A lot of other games do cinematic inserts too, but they don't have the kind of staging that DPС has. DPС apparently wants to get better with each episode and so the number of animations will increase.
Anything it could do, it has done. Branching doesn't imply shorter development time, quite the opposite.
Just think back to episode 9. In it, the player could 1) choose who would win the costume contest( that's 4-5 separate scenes) 2) the people around you reacted to whether you called Zoey an ex-girlfriend or not( that's also separate renders) 3) you could organize Halloween contests with different content( that's also renders).
Now the game just reacts to any action of the player. Theoretically, if the player sneezes, the game will remember it and react with a replica of the girl or someone else.
This is actually very cool, such immersive games are few, but it affects the development time. It is clear that 90% of players will not notice this difference and details, but it is there and it is nice.
Another disgruntled Josy fan ?
And why I'm not surprised...

Lethal Flourish

Oct 8, 2021
Endings of BaDIK

Quinn: MC Visits her in Prison, Fucks her one Last Time before she gets Killed

Josy: Red Roses, happiness ... Later a Picture of a Dead MC on an Bed with Black Roses all over the Place

Maya: MC visits her Home and get Killed by her Dad & Derreck when they learn that Maya is preg

Bella: Bella is sitting too long on MC's Face and he couldn't breath anymore.

Sage: Sage is out of reach and they will find the MC hang around a Tree.

Game Over for MC.

:unsure::ROFLMAO:
Also a Ending where sage kills everyone in the HOTS house , covers it up with a fire/gas explosion and pretends to be the only Survivor

• Wow
Reactions: TemIIx

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
As you said - being part of Quinn's life...
Who can be unhappy in paradise ?
As Phil Collins once said "Just another day, for you and me, in Paradise"! Though totally ignoring the sarcastic message of the song, naturally. Because loving Quinn is life. Man, I gotta get back to posting memes and gifs. I am starting to waver!

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Until recently, I was surprised by the reaction of Josy fans to my harmless posts. Because I never said anything bad about Josy. On the contrary, I admit that she is a very beautiful and sweet girl. I just express my admiration for the one I consider the best, the most beautiful, in a word - Divine. I mean Divine Quinn. Yes, for me she is. I'm not saying that everyone should share my opinion, although it would not be bad. But Josy fans don't just express admiration for their Goddess, they don't miss the opportunity to bad mouth the other girls. Yes, most often Quinn, but others also get .
For a long time I could not understand the reason for such defiant behavior. I decided to analyze the activities of Josy's fans, and noticed that the content of most of their publications is usually either praise for Josy or abuse of one of the girls. Nothing more. Of course, the exception to this company is Dalli_x, whose posts are traditionally filled with various information, but we cannot call him a Josy fan, he is more of a fan of the Josy-Maya couple. But let's get back to the main thing, why are most of the publications of Josy fans not rich in content?! And I realized that Josy herself is actually not very meaningful. Her fans simply have nothing to discuss. They can repeat it a million times - "Alady"... But it won't make her any more interesting
To be honest, as I always do, we will find that Josy is one of the most boring characters in the game. I don't mean anything bad, don't get me wrong, but it's just a fact. Most of the characters in the game have their own story, filled to one degree or another with secrets, intrigue, or simply curious details. Bella, Sage, Quinn, Lily, Jill, even Sarah and Mell have story. But Josy has no story. There is no story. This character is always “attached” to someone. It's either Maya or Tommy. Josy character has no value to the story on its own. This character has nothing but a seductive appearance. She even gets into "Hots" only because she is Tommy's sister.
If you imagine that, due to some circumstances, Josy will drop out of the story, this will not affect the course of the story itself. Everything will go on as usual, as if nothing happened. What does this tell us? Well, the character is probably not written well enough. What could be the reason for this? DPC laziness? He can hardly be accused of laziness. Maybe he doesn't see Josy as a valuable character. Maybe it is so. It's sad to say this. I don't want to hurt the feelings of Josy fans in any way, these nice people. But I'm just looking at things soberly. No more.

Last edited:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Until recently, I was surprised by the reaction of Josy fans to my harmless posts. Because I never said anything bad about Josy. On the contrary, I admit that she is a very beautiful and sweet girl. I just express my admiration for the one I consider the best, the most beautiful, in a word - Divine. I mean Divine Quinn. Yes, for me she is. I'm not saying that everyone should share my opinion, although it would not be bad. But Josy fans don't just express admiration for their Goddess, they don't miss the opportunity to bad mouth the other girls. Yes, most often Quinn, but others also get .
For a long time I could not understand the reason for such defiant behavior. I decided to analyze the activities of Josie's fans, and noticed that the content of most of their publications is usually either praise for Josy or abuse of one of the girls. Nothing more. Of course, the exception to this company is Dalli_x, whose posts are traditionally filled with various information, but we cannot call him a Josie fan, he is more of a fan of the Josy-Maya couple. But let's get back to the main thing, why are most of the publications of Josy fans not rich in content?! And I realized that Josy herself is actually not very meaningful. Her fans simply have nothing to discuss.
To be honest, as I always do, we will find that Josy is one of the most boring characters in the game. I don't mean anything bad, don't get me wrong, but it's just a fact. Most of the characters in the game have their own story, filled to one degree or another with secrets, intrigue, or simply curious details. Bella, Sage, Quinn, Lily, Jill, even Sarah and Mell have story. But Josie has no story. There is no story. This character is always “attached” to someone. It's either Maya or Tommy. Josy character has no value to the story on its own. This character has nothing but a seductive appearance. She even gets into "Hots" only because she is Tommy's sister.
If you imagine that, due to some circumstances, Josy will drop out of the story, this will not affect the course of the story itself. Everything will go on as usual, as if nothing happened. What does this tell us? Well, the character is probably not written well enough. What could be the reason for this? DPC laziness? He can hardly be accused of laziness. Maybe he doesn't see Josy as a valuable character. Maybe it is so. It's sad to say this. I don't want to hurt the feelings of Josy fans in any way, these nice people. But I'm just looking at things soberly. No more.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
View attachment 2936474

Reddit periodically goes through a round of whining and complaining. I understand their frustration, but they ( and you) don't have some solution to help shorten the development time. Hiring new staff is just bullshit, it does nothing to speed up development time knowing how toxic DPС is and his zero teamwork skills.
The new animations are what makes DPС stand out from other games. A lot of other games do cinematic inserts too, but they don't have the kind of staging that DPС has. DPС apparently wants to get better with each episode and so the number of animations will increase.
Anything it could do, it has done. Branching doesn't imply shorter development time, quite the opposite.
Just think back to episode 9. In it, the player could 1) choose who would win the costume contest( that's 4-5 separate scenes) 2) the people around you reacted to whether you called Zoey an ex-girlfriend or not( that's also separate renders) 3) you could organize Halloween contests with different content( that's also renders).
Now the game just reacts to any action of the player. Theoretically, if the player sneezes, the game will remember it and react with a replica of the girl or someone else.
This is actually very cool, such immersive games are few, but it affects the development time. It is clear that 90% of players will not notice this difference and details, but it is there and it is nice.
it doesn't seem to me that the size of the episode and the possible degree of branching (some quite supreflue) are an antidote to the loss of interest.

in a month or two the new chapter will arrive, why should I rush to download it? what should I expect to happen that is 'unmissable'?

little comes to mind for me today, the usual plot points that are always being put off and which, if you wait for them, will be resolved one day (or should we say one year). but apart from the faint hope of finding out what happened to James, that Sage will notice what Quinn is doing behind his back, thar Maya solves her loan problem... I see nothing

Reactions: SomboSteel

rj677

May 30, 2020
View attachment 2936474

Someone mentioning Intertwined in the same breath as Artemis and Being a DIK should be permanently banned from playing AVNs ever again :FacePalm: :FacePalm:. Even if I happened to agree with a thing or 2 that he said, they just get buried by how many stupid things he said in between :HideThePain:.

Sure its frustrating how much time we have to wait, but BaD is the only AVN Im willing to wait for this long because it still has one of if not THE best ratio between content and waiting time between releases :geek:

But I guess we cant ask a lot from a rediter after all :KEK:

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
Someone mentioning Intertwined in the same breath as Artemis and Being a DIK should be permanently banned from playing AVNs ever again :FacePalm: :FacePalm:. Even if I happened to agree with a thing or 2 that he said, they just get buried by how many stupid things he said in between :HideThePain:.

Sure its frustrating how much time we have to wait, but BaD is the only AVN Im willing to wait for this long because it still has one of if not THE best ratio between content and waiting time between releases :geek:

But I guess we cant ask a lot from a rediter after all :KEK:
Pretty sure that guy it's gonna be among the first ones to download the new episode here (but he's gonna claim to have bought it from Patreon like the typical Reddit white knight you find in that sub :BootyTime:) despite his post about "losing interest in the game".

Last edited:

hsaIV

Nov 7, 2020
Is the pic of Sally running to the MC & him picking her up as she kisses his chest in the game? Or is it a jebait?

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
I remember how much people whined about Assassin's Creed games being the same every single time. Now we've got people whining that Assassin's Creed games are Warrior Creed games and are too RPG and nothing like they used to be.

Nowadays, people whine and complain a lot about some stuff regarding BaDIK, its development, and DPC. But now I kinda wonder... would a new complaining crowd arise because fans would get a lot shorter episodes every 3 months, or would the quality of basically everything drop after DPC hired someone to help him?

Like some smart person once said, you can't please everyone, so try to please at least someone and do it your way if you are able.

That smart person was me, thank you.

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
View attachment 2936474

Complaints like this come from people who have no conception of game development. AAA games take years to develop with teams of hundreds of people. Adding people to a project does not immediately speed up game time. For one you have to have a proper infrastructure for teams across a project to communicate, which means more meetings and more bureaucracy. Development cycles are long and games typically come out as a buggy mess because the people who set release dates are the guys in marketing rather than the programming or QA teams. Ideas and features get cut in order to meet deadlines.

A game from a solo dev will take years but they get the satisfaction of putting out the quality they want. Stardew Valley and Terraria took years to complete and those are simplistic when it comes to graphics/sound.

I suppose I'm just sick of bitching by people who have no concept of the time it takes to do anything creative.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes