felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
  • DPC is obsessed with animations; the longer the better. And we're not even talking lewd animations. Just any animation. Some random dudes walking past a building - why do a single render when a 1 minute, 60fps animation can tell a better story! :rolleyes:
I would like to believe that the intention of these animations was really to better tell the story...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: sampow

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
  • DPC is obsessed with animations; the longer the better. And we're not even talking lewd animations. Just any animation. Some random dudes walking past a building - why do a single render when a 1 minute, 60fps animation can tell a better story! :rolleyes:
random dudes walking would still be better than ep.9 intro with a minute of just a camera movement in an empty room. at least something would be happening

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I don't mind sfw animation when they emphasize something the statics can't effectively do, but wheels spinning in a render where the motion of MC dragging Zoey on the skateboard is perfectly conveyed in a single render, or the preps walking by its not it. Is not that sfw are inherently pointless, is that every time DPC uses them seems redundant.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Punching Tybalt can be seen in 1 render too, but the entire swing animation and the slow-mo face distortion makes it that much more satisfying. Its the culmination of his arc of him being such a nuisance to everyone and finally getting his comeuppance. That is an effective use of an animation, both the emotional aspect and the physical superiority of the MC are emphasized by using an animation vs a single render.

Too bad the majority of them have no narrative purpose, its just the dev trying to show off...

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
I would like to believe that the intention of these animations was really to better tell the story...
With the massive amount of time it takes for a single few seconds animation, you can tell a better story by using a few more lines of dialogues and static images. And still save some development time.

Imagine what could have been with no animations and more interactions with the girls at the Halloween party, a few more sex scenes, more funny moments, deeper dialogues. For example, you practically ignore Jill if you are not in her path, even if you pursued her, does it make any sense? And I don't even like her but it felt badly done.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
With the massive amount of time it takes for a single few seconds animation, you can tell a better story by using a few more lines of dialogues and static images. And still save some development time.
and with static backgrounds and character sprites the game could've been finished back in 2020 but you barely see AVNs using them anymore :unsure:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Imagine what could have been with no animations and more interactions with the girls at the Halloween party, a few more sex scenes, more funny moments, deeper dialogues. For example, you practically ignore Jill if you are not in her path, even if you pursued her, does it make any sense? And I don't even like her but it felt badly done.
I don't want to generalise too much. For example, the animation about zoey's visit to Neil works, it creates expectation, surprise, it narrates better than a conventional narrative would have done. Or the aforementioned one of the punch to Tybalt nevertheless excites

But unfortunately these are the minority, many are simple hedonism of DPC, and some are even ugly and annoying (the ones in Water Park for example...).

Reactions: Gunizz and sampow

BoomDaBoom

Apr 29, 2017
Being a DIK - Video enhancement mod

This mod overwrites the native 30fps animations of the game with interpolated 60fps animations.

how ? Thanks to deep-learning processes, trained predictive models can interpolate one "fake" frames next to each native frame.

The result gives a smooth effect on each animations.

Here are some previews of what you can expect ( )

Download links
Season 1 + 2 (1287 animations) : Mega ;
Season 3 Interlude + episode 9 (382 animations) : Mega ;

I didn't inspect each animation in depth , so feel free to report any flaws you find (bugs, video artifacts...)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope this hasn't been addressed already, but during Season 1 in Maya's last sex scene in the classroom at the dorm party there are multiple glitch-like artifacts that pop in for a few frames of certain videos. Don't remember these in the vanilla animations and they're pretty noticeable. If you could, maybe take a look and check it out?

franzapa14

Jan 29, 2021
Custom Renders
I planned to assemble all of the custom renders I could find. This is by no means an exhaustive list; these are only the ones I could discover. As compared to the existing disconnected and dispersed structure, this should make it easier for others to locate.
The Brave Souls - ChipLecsap, OFT, dashxp4k, casmyr and The Krogan Dude! There are definitely more; this collection dates from when I was lurking and didn't keep track of who I saved them from.
Some custom renders are already included in the game so there may be some you have already seen.
TY REALLY REALLY TY SO MUCH SR ELECTRONIC, I'M LITERALLY AN OBSESSED FAN OF JOSY WELL, JUST PURE JOSY

• Thinking Face
Reactions: VOYEUR and Orgitas

sampow

May 14, 2023
random dudes walking would still be better than ep.9 intro with a minute of just a camera movement in an empty room. at least something would be happening
I don't mind sfw animation when they emphasize something the statics can't effectively do, but wheels spinning in a render where the motion of MC dragging Zoey on the skateboard is perfectly conveyed in a single render, or the preps walking by its not it. Is not that sfw are inherently pointless, is that every time DPC uses them seems redundant.
Punching Tybalt can be seen in 1 render too, but the entire swing animation and the slow-mo face distortion makes it that much more satisfying. Its the culmination of his arc of him being such a nuisance to everyone and finally getting his comeuppance. That is an effective use of an animation, both the emotional aspect and the physical superiority of the MC are emphasized by using an animation vs a single render.

Too bad the majority of them have no narrative purpose, its just the dev trying to show off...

Non-lewd animations (some were awesome, some were fucking bullshit):
  • Episode 1:
    • Had no non-lewd animations... Ah the good ol' days.
  • Episode 2:
    • No non-lewd.
  • Episode 3:
    • Can you believe it, still no non-lewd animations.
  • Episode 4:
    • Ok, the unnecessary trend of non-lewd animations started here, with none other than Jill in her tennis outfit waving like a fucking idiot...
    • But! The first cool non-lewd animation happened here too. We didn't need it, but it was done well and suited the music and scene well: The mc tripping out on the roof with Quinn!
  • Episode 5:
    • Now this one could be a divider, I know people reacted to it at the time, but I call Ant's dancing a fucking useless waste of frames!
    • Was Vinny tipping over the bookcase required to be animated? I would't say it was awesome... Nah, we didn't need it.
    • We didn't need the entire pancake flip game, so I'm going with the pancake flip animation was uncalled for (and considering there were three animations depending on how well cooked the pancake was... wtf!?)
    • Ok, here's where the non-lewd animations started getting totally BS. The fucking drone flying around the mansion?! Did anyone get excited about that? I think not!
    • And yet, episode 5 brought us one of the most important non-lewd animations in the game. When the mc put on his fucking DIK jacket! It took 5 episodes to get there. It earned its right to exist!
    • And of course, as already mentioned, the Tybalt punch. It was beautiful. I'd be shocked if anyone didn't hit the replay button at least once!
    • The Tybalt punch was followed up by a flying egg. Don't think those frames were warranted.
  • Episode 6:
    • There was a 10 second face pan of Quinn's at the beginning of the episode. Can't even remember the context, that proves how unimportant it was...
    • There are some really simply animations that worked, like when Bella was helping the mc clean his room and he was looking at her body, then he looks up and she's clearly aware he's ogling her. Could it have been done with a single frame and a sharp scene transition? Yes, it could have been.
  • Episode 7:
    • A 15 second pan from baby Jill looking down the balcony and the camera panning up her not-yet-dead sister's body and her putting her finger over her mouth. GTFO!
    • So there was that one animation where Bella is stalking Tybalt and Jill and she's hiding behind a newspaper, she lowers it and we see her scowl (like her normal face basically). It's a cliche, it's associated with one of the worst plotlines in the game, we could have done without it.
    • Bella lifts the mc's gaze up with her hand to meet her eyes in the library. It was actually a nice touch. Maybe it falls into the lewd category?
    • Bella rubbing her thumb on the mc's arm in the library. Nah fuck off, we already had the animated gaze above, this was nothing.
    • Bella takes her ring off and looks at her bare hand. OK, this was a big symbol, it deserved an animation.
    • A zoom in of Bella glaring at Tybalt during the tennis match. Nah, a single render with her final angry face would have achieved the same outcome.
    • The pan of the mc's new room as he slept in his bed. I'm gonna say this was a good one. This was a "Yes!" moment. The mc finally had his own room and it was sorted. He was sleeping like a king! (On a second hand bed, but whatever).
    • There's a 4 second animation of Madame Rose just looking at the mc and she blinks... I don't even wanna write about it!
    • Near the end of the episode, we get a pan away from Maya towards her HOTs outfit sitting on the desk. Nah, it was lame, bitch doesn't even deserve to be a HOT!
    • About the middle of the episode when the mc is taking stock of shit that's happened, we catch him jogging along the sidewalk. It was kinda cool, really set the mood for that scene. I'm gonna pay it (plus it was only a 1 second animation on loop).
    • The mc serving the ball in the tennis game? Nah.
    • The ball smacking Tybalt in the face and balls? Yes.
    • A pan across the lineup of the new HOTs. Yet, it was cool. It was kinda lewd (because their HOT outfit is... hot), but the bit that was cool was when the camera rests on Josy, her very subtle smile was just nice.
    • That zoom in on Riona's eyes? I don't even know why it happened, but fuck it, it was Riona, we didn't know we needed it until it happened!
    • Sage standing there about to spar with the mc, swaying ever so slightly. The animation added nothing to the scene.
  • Episode 8:
    • The basket ball game? Fuck, we didn't even need the game.
    • At the end we had an 8 second animation with a leaf falling and a swan on the lake. Why did we have that DPC? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    • The Zoey pan at the ending doesn't count as lewd. It was her re-introduction into the story. It was fucking awesome, and if you didn't like it, you may need to have a word with AchedCroissant!
    • The 23 second animation at the end of the DIKs house decked out for Halloween told us we were in for a pointless animation fest in the next episode. It didn't lie!
    • Neil hammering a wall. Yeah totally needed that, except we fucking didn't! So DPC added another animation with him hammering it again. OMFG stop already!
    • There's a 7 second animation that focuses on the mc and Jill's hands as they hold hands and then pans up into the mc's window and then blurs out. Now technically this is a lewd scene because you can see one of Jill's tits when the pan begins, but I just brough it up because of how fucking pointless it was. Now if you could see the moon at the end, that'd be some Jill symbolism, but you can't, so it was just BS!
    • Josy Lifting weights. Yeah, fuck it, watching Josy lift weights sounds good. But then, we couldn't even see her face. That makes it a fail!
    • Lily making the sign that her lips are sealed (to Quinn I think). Nope. BS.
    • Zooming into Nora's face as she's bench pressing. Who the fuck wants this shit!? (I'm gonna say the rest of the animations with Nora working out are lewd...)
    • A paper airplane flying through the library and landing at Bella's feet. Come on DPC, this is just getting embarassing now!
    • The waterpark animations were kinda lame, so they probably shouldn't have existed...
  • Interlude:
    • All of them are shit. A spinning bike spoke, the Vixens standing there wagging a finger, Zoey tapping a finger on her skateboard, a 20-second pan around the tattoo shop mostly looking at tattoos in frames on the walls, a 16-second animation of Zoey sitting on a train, Zoey spinning on her chair, Zoey writing at a desk with the mc strumming on a guitar, Zoey turning her head on a train, 15-seconds of people hanging out at the tattoo parlour. I mean what the actual flying fuck?
  • Episode 9:
    • Tommy flipping his coin...I believe we had a coin flip earlier in the story. It didn't need to be animated then, it doesn't need to be animated now!
    • Cammy's mom's eyes when she had sleep paralysis in her horror story. It was a pretty good animation, but it didn't really add jack shit to the game. There were also two other animations in Cammy's story that were pointless as animations.
    • And then we have the two minutes long fucking intro animations. You're forced to watch them the first time, but after that the persistent file logs that you've seen them. You can skip them from then on. Thank god!
    • The animation when the mc reaches for the door handle and Zombie Penny grabs him. It was pretty funny, but it could have been three frames with a shaking transition to achieve the exact same outcome.
    • There's a 3 second animation of Heather just standing there... and then she blinks... WTF?
    • Jamie pulling his middle finger out of his hat. Nope.
    • There's an animation of Nora just looking at her phone for 2 seconds. Why on earth was that included?
    • There's a pan of Leon wearing his Lily outfit from behind... No. Just no!
    • A 1 second animation of it raining (in the DIK's backyard I think). Yeah, this enhanced my enjoyment of the game immensely... not!
    • The 1-and-a-half--minute long animation of a bunch of random things happening at the Halloween party. Some of it was kinda cool actually, like Bianca on the phone and then looking down sadly, Vinny putting on the mask, Sally's costume malfunction, but none of it needed to be animated.
So there you have it, in over 50 non-lewd animations in the game, only 11 added much impact, and I was being generous with some of those!

DPC'd be halfway to episode 11 right now if he backed off this pointless shit!

Anyway, keep up the good work DPC, love your game! :p

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Not lazy, efficient. But a well done video will look better & play smoother.
Lazy, since you don't have to bother with arguably the most important things in renders, lighting and shadows and can reuse the same sprites you made in 0.1 the entire game. :cautious:

Reactions: Orgitas

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Lazy, since you don't have to bother with arguably the most important things in renders, lighting and shadows and can reuse the same sprites you made in 0.1 the entire game. :cautious:
that's kind of the point. the entire first season could be just one episode

• Episode 1:
  • Episode 2:
    • No non-lewd.
  • Episode 3:
  • Episode 4:
    • Ok, the unnecessary trend of non-lewd animations started here, with none other than Jill in her tennis outfit waving like a fucking idiot...
    • But! The first cool non-lewd animation happened here too. We didn't need it, but it was done well and suited the music and scene well: The mc tripping out on the roof with Quinn!
  • Episode 5:
    • Now this one could be a divider, I know people reacted to it at the time, but I call Ant's dancing a fucking useless waste of frames!
    • Was Vinny tipping over the bookcase required to be animated? I would't say it was awesome... Nah, we didn't need it.
    • We didn't need the entire pancake flip game, so I'm going with the pancake flip animation was uncalled for (and considering there were three animations depending on how well cooked the pancake was... wtf!?)
    • Ok, here's where the non-lewd animations started getting totally BS. The fucking drone flying around the mansion?! Did anyone get excited about that? I think not!
    • And yet, episode 5 brought us one of the most important non-lewd animations in the game. When the mc put on his fucking DIK jacket! It took 5 episodes to get there. It earned its right to exist!
    • And of course, as already mentioned, the Tybalt punch. It was beautiful. I'd be shocked if anyone didn't hit the replay button at least once!
    • The Tybalt punch was followed up by a flying egg. Don't think those frames were warranted.
  • Episode 6:
    • There was a 10 second face pan of Quinn's at the beginning of the episode. Can't even remember the context, that proves how unimportant it was...
    • There are some really simply animations that worked, like when Bella was helping the mc clean his room and he was looking at her body, then he looks up and she's clearly aware he's ogling her. Could it have been done with a single frame and a sharp scene transition? Yes, it could have been.
  • Episode 7:
    • A 15 second pan from baby Jill looking down the balcony and the camera panning up her not-yet-dead sister's body and her putting her finger over her mouth. GTFO!
    • So there was that one animation where Bella is stalking Tybalt and Jill and she's hiding behind a newspaper, she lowers it and we see her scowl (like her normal face basically). It's a cliche, it's associated with one of the worst plotlines in the game, we could have done without it.
    • Bella lifts the mc's gaze up with her hand to meet her eyes in the library. It was actually a nice touch. Maybe it falls into the lewd category?
    • Bella rubbing her thumb on the mc's arm in the library. Nah fuck off, we already had the animated gaze above, this was nothing.
    • Bella takes her ring off and looks at her bare hand. OK, this was a big symbol, it deserved an animation.
    • A zoom in of Bella glaring at Tybalt during the tennis match. Nah, a single render with her final angry face would have achieved the same outcome.
    • The pan of the mc's new room as he slept in his bed. I'm gonna say this was a good one. This was a "Yes!" moment. The mc finally had his own room and it was sorted. He was sleeping like a king! (On a second hand bed, but whatever).
    • There's a 4 second animation of Madame Rose just looking at the mc and she blinks... I don't even wanna write about it!
    • Near the end of the episode, we get a pan away from Maya towards her HOTs outfit sitting on the desk. Nah, it was lame, bitch doesn't even deserve to be a HOT!
    • About the middle of the episode when the mc is taking stock of shit that's happened, we catch him jogging along the sidewalk. It was kinda cool, really set the mood for that scene. I'm gonna pay it (plus it was only a 1 second animation on loop).
    • A pan across the lineup of the new HOTs. Yet, it was cool. It was kinda lewd (because their HOT outfit is... hot), but the bit that was cool was when the camera rests on Josy, her very subtle smile was just nice.
    • That zoom in on Riona's eyes? I don't even know why it happened, but fuck it, it was Riona, we didn't know we needed it until it happened!
    • Sage standing there about to spar with the mc, swaying ever so slightly. The animation added nothing to the scene.
  • Episode 8:
    • At the end we had an 8 second animation with a leaf falling and a swan on the lake. Why did we have that DPC? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    • The Zoey pan at the ending doesn't count as lewd. It was her re-introduction into the story. It was fucking awesome, and if you didn't like it, you may need to have a word with AchedCroissant!
    • The 23 second animation at the end of the DIKs house decked out for Halloween told us we were in for a pointless animation fest in the next episode. It didn't lie!
    • Neil hammering a wall. Yeah totally needed that, except we fucking didn't! So DPC added another animation with him hammering it again. OMFG stop already!
    • There's a 7 second animation that focuses on the mc and Jill's hands as they hold hands and then pans up into the mc's window and then blurs out. Now technically this is a lewd scene because you can see one of Jill's tits when the pan begins, but I just brough it up because of how fucking pointless it was. Now if you could see the moon at the end, that'd be some Jill symbolism, but you can't, so it was just BS!
    • Josy Lifting weights. Yeah, fuck it, watching Josy lift weights sounds good. But then, we couldn't even see her face. That makes it a fail!
    • Zooming into Nora's face as she's bench pressing. Who the fuck wants this shit!? (I'm gonna say the rest of the animations with Nora working out are lewd...)
    • A paper airplane flying through the library and landing at Bella's feet. Come on DPC, this is just getting embarassing now!
    • The waterpark animations were kinda lame, so they probably shouldn't have existed...
  • Interlude:
    • All of them are shit. A spinning bike spoke, the Vixens standing their wagging a finger, Zoey tapping a finger on her skateboard, a 20-second pan around the tattoo shop mostly looking at tattoos in frames on the walls, a 16-second animation of Zoey sitting on a train, Zoey spinning on her chair, Zoey writing at a desk with the mc strumming on a guitar, Zoey turning her head on a train, 15-seconds of people hanging out at the tattoo parlour. I mean what the actual flying fuck?
  • Episode 9:
    • Tommy flipping his coin...I believe we had a coin flip earlier in the story. It didn't need to be animated then, it doesn't need to be animated now!
    • Cammy's mom's eyes when she had sleep paralysis in her horror story. It was a pretty good animation, but it didn't really add jack shit to the game. There were also two other animations in Cammy's story that were pointless as animations.
    • And then we have the two minutes long fucking intro animations. You're forced to watch them the first time, but after that the persistent file logs that you've seen them. You can skip them from then on. Thank god!
    • The animation when the mc reaches for the door handle and Zombie Penny grabs him. It was pretty funny, but it could have been three frames with a shaking transition to achieve the exact same outcome.
    • There's a 3 second animation of Heather just standing there... and then she blinks... WTF?
    • There's an animation of Nora just looking at her phone for 2 seconds. Why on earth was that included?
    • A 1 second animation of it raining (in the DIK's backyard I think). Yeah, this enhanced my enjoyment of the game immensely... not!
    • The 1-and-a-half--minute long animation of a bunch of random things happening at the Halloween party. Some of it was kinda cool actually, like Bianca on the phone and then looking down sadly, Vinny putting on the mask, Sally's costume malfunction, but none of it needed to be animated.
So there you have it, in over 50 non-lewd animations in the game, only 11 added much impact, and I was being generous with some of those!

Finally I'm not risking a ban because I don't agree with most of your list. But I also like when things move on the screen fast enough to trigger epileptic seizures so maybe people shouldn't listen to me. The part I agree are slow camera pans with nothing happening fucking why do they even exist?

Reactions: sampow

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
  • Episode 1:
  • Episode 2:
    • No non-lewd.
  • Episode 3:
  • Episode 4:
  • Episode 5:
  • Episode 6:
  • Episode 7:
  • Episode 8:
  • Interlude:
    • All of them are shit. A spinning bike spoke, the Vixens standing there wagging a finger, Zoey tapping a finger on her skateboard, a 20-second pan around the tattoo shop mostly looking at tattoos in frames on the walls, a 16-second animation of Zoey sitting on a train, Zoey spinning on her chair, Zoey writing at a desk with the mc strumming on a guitar, Zoey turning her head on a train, 15-seconds of people hanging out at the tattoo parlour. I mean what the actual flying fuck?
  • Episode 9:

There's a shit ton more pan animations in the game that I would consider non-lewd and absolutely useless e.g

He could still do it like he did in earlier episodes with still renders (see below), save a ton of time and resources in the process, it would have the exact same effect and anyone who disagrees with me can fight me, I will die on this hill!

4bae11720b.gif

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes