KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
The fact is MC is not the center of the universe in this game. Look at the script. There are storylines where MC is just an observer/doesn’t even know anything about what’s happening. And this is a good move, the world looks more alive.
Maya's story and her loan, is MC the savior here? No, he's just an observer and can't do anything. We can't change anything, we just giving her moral support. MC present at Burke meeting don't change anything.
Drug conspiracy, he doesn't even know anything about what's going on. We influence the game world a little, as if leaving waves on the water after a thrown stone at certain moments - MC is not the messiah or the chosen one, he is an ordinary guy who was involved in a series of events.
And it would be simply stupid in the finale to show girls whoich you didn't choose to be eternal singles because of the crowd of screaming idiots. People find someone else, that's life. I'm not saying that the game should completely replicate real life, otherwise it won't be interesting to anyone. But the creator’s task is to make the player believe in the realism of what is happening.
He is certainly the center of the story though, that is a role of a main character in a video game, despite scripts and whatnot, we talk about general rules.

Not everything revolves around him but the idea of a main character is that he influences the actions of others around him and the world he's in, he doesn't define the world itself but he has the power to influence it, more exactly the player has, he is different than others for being controlled by the player therefore, his importance is also bigger than others.

You don't know if he can change anything or not since the game is not finished and the story is still going on, it's hard to tell what will be what so soon, seems like you undermine the role of a main character.

Seems like MC barely started to be aware of this whole shady business with drugs and other things, remember his first interaction with Vinny, personally i believe he will play an important role in this otherwise it would be a pointless huge plot device that the player will not have access to and it will be a pretty big disappointment for many players.

Probably it will also depend to some degree on the choices you make if you will get involved in this, especially when comes to Quinn path, but i'm pretty sure one way or another, Tremolo will get involved.

The girls who end up not hooking with MC would probably be involved in other parts of the story, doesn't mean it has to be necessarily about romance, the ones who will matter the most will be the ones which path every player has taken and the others wouldn't be as noticeable if you didn't interact with them too much in the first place.

Basically they could become lesser characters with less screen time and given more chances to hook with MC later in the story if they get involved, but otherwise i don't see the point of interacting very much with the girls you don't even choose, they could just vanish out of the story and make small appearances for the stake of the story telling which involved MC also in this part of the game.

For example i never did Maya and Josy path because i don't really see MC getting involved in their relationship, i seen it as a one time thing and it remained at the level of friendship and their role will remain strictly important to the main story.

Like i said after all it's a video game and everything is fictional, it doesn't have to portray reality to the very point because it really wouldn't feel like a video game in the end.

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
You know guys if that was me & Maya in that bench scene
I would probably cry too.

I know you are shocked to hear this.

Dec 19, 2019

Long post incoming. TLDR if you don't want to read about the polishing process is that I'm currently playing and polishing Episode 10, and animations are rendering. Skip to the last section of the text if you want to read about bug fixes from v0.9.1.

My polishing process
Today, I figured I would describe my workflow during the polishing phase a little more in-depth than before. And I'll also exemplify how I've worked this past week. I've spent the better part of this week playing the game and taking detailed notes of what must be polished.

Until now, while I have worked with every part of the episode and completed all scenes, I haven't played more than a few playthroughs. There are several scenes I haven't even seen in-game yet.

In this phase of the development - the polishing phase - I play the episode and sometimes prior episodes repeatedly to improve the new content in as many areas as possible.

I play and polish in many different ways, focusing on different things each time. In some playthroughs, I focus solely on the visuals, inspecting every render and animation - spotting if something needs to be changed/fixed/improved/removed/added. I write notes in my code and then go back to fix it after I have racked up a decent list of to-dos.

In other playthroughs, I focus on the story, dialogue, grammar, and continuity and stop caring about other aspects of the game. Similar playthroughs happen for sound/music/mini-games/features/phone content, and more.

And when I'm near the end of this process, I play, trying to take it all in at once and absorb the entire experience.

My first week of polishing Episode 10
This week, I started polishing by playing some branches and looking at them with no particular focus. I tried to enjoy the episode and spot things to fix. My first playthrough was on the Jill branch with mini-games enabled. It took me roughly 15 hours to get through episode 10 while playing in a particularly meticulous way.

While playing, I actively made notes and fixed minor things, but I never rolled back to test fixes and always moved forward in the episode.

As a whole, her branch and content felt very good. Things I found that needed to be fixed after this first pass were:

• Mini-games and their tutorials
  • Music and SFX
  • Choices
  • Details in renders
  • Dialogue
  • Some canon content
This is an example of a render to fix, and errors I find can be as small as this or something bigger.

This is just a reflection error on a bottle that caught my eye.

My second run clocked in at ~13 hours. It was an Others branch game where I saw many exclusive scenes yet missed some of them.

In this playthrough, I got to test a couple of lewd scenes for the first time - scenes that I posed back in January/February but had yet to play. On this pass, I found more things to fix:

• More mini-game bugs
  • Bad dialogue
  • DIK affinity sections that were off
  • Missing music
  • A missing animation
  • Code that crashed a lewd scene
I made a few more playthroughs, and the to-do list grew longer with each of them. I started fixing the issues I found so I could create a new build. It's easier to spot mistakes in a build where it's a clean slate with no known issues. And that's what I'm working on right now.

The to-do list was pretty long, with minor to major things that must be fixed. After I have fixed everything, I will continue playing more with other types of branches and combinations. Rinse and repeat the process in different ways.

My thoughts on this process
And this is what my polishing process is all about and how I've done it for years. At first, the episode will feel very rough, but with each pass, it improves.

The funny and sad part about this is that even though I do this phase countless times for different branches and combinations, I will still miss things. Eventually, my brain grows accustomed to errors, and I can't spot what's wrong within a scene until it gets pointed out to me by someone else. Even something you would say is a glaring issue/error might slip through. But at some point, I will feel I've done what I could to polish the episode. And when I reach that point, and all art has been rendered, I use my team of testers and proofreader for the extra polishing step.

Even after all of that, the release will still have bugs, typos, and occasional errors, but it will be in a state where it's good enough to be released to Patrons and have considerably fewer bugs than it would have if I skipped the polishing phase.

I carry out this meticulous polishing process because I don't want players to be the game's beta testers. I don't think it's fair to put out an episode that hasn't been properly tested after all this time and causes big game-breaking bugs.

It might still happen, and I will kick myself for every single bug that slips through, but at least I can rest well knowing I and my team of testers did the best we could.

This is what I'll do in the upcoming weeks, and I'll try my best to report how it's coming along and what areas I've been working on.

List of fixed bugs
If there is a bug in the Interlude or Episode 9 (v0.9.1) that you are aware of but don't see on the list below, please report it on my Discord server in the bug-reports room, and I'll fix it for this upcoming release.

These are the bugs that have been reported and fixed for v0.10.0 so far, any other bugs you know of, I am unaware of:

• Fixed a bug where the CHICK response on Elena's cluck would subtract one from the total number of CHICK actions instead of adding one.
  • Fixed a bug with the Below Budget perk, which increased the starting budget of the Halloween party by $5.
  • Fixed an issue with Sarah's and Melanie's optional event in the final free-roam event.
  • Fixed an issue with Sarah's optional event in the second free-roam event.
  • Fixed an issue with the timer hampering performance during the drawing mini-game in the Interlude.
  • Fixed an issue where a scene with Becky could happen after the first party activity. Now, it only triggers before this activity as intended.
  • Fixed a bug where save names sometimes reverted to old save file names.
  • Fixed a bug with the Wallpaper setting in the Settings app during the end of the Interlude that caused a crash.
  • Fixed an issue where Maya's lewd scene was stored incorrectly.
  • Fixed a bug with the truth or dare game that caused an omission of truth when asked how many you've slept with.
  • Fixed an issue with Lily's gallery scene, causing an emote to misalign the text chat.
  • Fixed an issue with Lily's lewd scene where her tattoos were missing.
  • Updated the description of the Multiplier Madness perk. It worked as intended, but its description was off.
  • Corrected typos
Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
mpa71 right now
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Exactly. Maya and Josy are just fine paired off together without the MC’s cock literally up in their business. If any of the girls he doesn’t choose, decide to go find other guys without him, he should be cool with it instead of pining for the road not traveled.

Though that brings up one thing that bugs me a bit. Out of curiosity I tried pursuing Jill while on the DIK route. Clicked the whole “Fight for Jill” deal and everything. And then, in the game, Tremolo himself states that maybe Jill isn’t right for him, even as I’m trying to steer him into her. In real life sometimes you’re interested in someone but they’re not into you—same as when you “try for something more” with Maya and Josy, but you haven’t tried racked up enough Maya points, so it doesn’t happen—and that sucks, but it’s life. But the game had to rationalize Trey and Jill not getting together as something Trey wanted, even though I was steering him to not want it.

Ah well; Jill wouldn’t have been happy anyway. Just so long that she doesn’t fly into the arms of that watermelon-fucker Tybalt. Otherwise Bella and Trey’ll have to get him on the racquetball court and see how many teeth and testicles they can smash.
DIK MC and Jill just aren't right for each other and this branch really isn't written well. Indeed, when you run through the game for the first time on the Jill branch and don’t know the necessary conditions, you don’t have a guide, you don’t understand what went wrong. The first hint that you have the wrong affinity is a meeting in the mansion, after which Jill says “something is wrong here” and there will be no scene. That's it, the route is closed.
Maya and Josy are most likely doomed without MC, he is the stabilizing factor in Throuple. They constantly have some kind of quarrels and tension.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

Blueray

Aug 27, 2020
at the very end of this update how come thy did not show wats gonna Happend in the 10th Update ?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
He is certainly the center of the story though, that is a role of a main character in a video game, despite scripts and whatnot, we talk about general rules.

Not everything revolves around him but the idea of a main character is that he influences the actions of others around him and the world he's in, he doesn't define the world itself but he has the power to influence it, more exactly the player has, he is different than others for being controlled by the player therefore, his importance is also bigger than others.

You don't know if he can change anything or not since the game is not finished and the story is still going on, it's hard to tell what will be what so soon, seems like you undermine the role of a main character.

Seems like MC barely started to be aware of this whole shady business with drugs and other things, remember his first interaction with Vinny, personally i believe he will play an important role in this otherwise it would be a pointless huge plot device that the player will not have access to and it will be a pretty big disappointment for many players.

Probably it will also depend to some degree on the choices you make if you will get involved in this, especially when comes to Quinn path, but i'm pretty sure one way or another, Tremolo will get involved.

The girls who end up not hooking with MC would probably be involved in other parts of the story, doesn't mean it has to be necessarily about romance, the ones who will matter the most will be the ones which path every player has taken and the others wouldn't be as noticeable if you didn't interact with them too much in the first place.

Basically they could become lesser characters with less screen time and given more chances to hook with MC later in the story if they get involved, but otherwise i don't see the point of interacting very much with the girls you don't even choose, they could just vanish out of the story and make small appearances for the stake of the story telling which involved MC also in this part of the game.

For example i never did Maya and Josy path because i don't really see MC getting involved in their relationship, i seen it as a one time thing and it remained at the level of friendship and their role will remain strictly important to the main story.

Like i said after all it's a video game and everything is fictional, it doesn't have to portray reality to the very point because it really wouldn't feel like a video game in the end.
He is the protagonist, but in history I see him as a connecting link, which at certain moments can influence reality, correcting it.. As a protagonist, our MC can influence events.. but not everything. Let's remember the scenes in which MC doesn't participate - there are a lot of them, especially in the second season. While MC is doing something there, we see Jade quarreling with Stephen, Lily making deals with Quinn, Derek looking for Ashley and Riona complaining to Camila about Quinn. DPC expands on the background and shows us the lives of other characters. And it so happened that we, the players, know much more than MC - he is blind compared to us.

Murgus

May 17, 2018
DIK MC and Jill just aren't right for each other and this branch really isn't written well. Indeed, when you run through the game for the first time on the Jill branch and don’t know the necessary conditions, you don’t have a guide, you don’t understand what went wrong. The first hint that you have the wrong affinity is a meeting in the mansion, after which Jill says “something is wrong here” and there will be no scene. That's it, the route is closed.
Maya and Josy are most likely doomed without MC, he is the stabilizing factor in Throuple. They constantly have some kind of quarrels and tension.
How is he a stabilizing factor? They worked out their issues without him in s2 and nothing changes in their relationship if you are in a relationship with them or if they are just friends. Maya rejects his inheritance, Sage supports her either way, the scavenger hunt is completed without a problem or Quinn involvement. Their relationship becomes rocky because of Maya's dad but you can talk to him and help them even as friends.

I could buy that he is a potential unstabilizing factor if he decides to start a relationship in episode 4 then rejects them in episode 9. Josy looked absolutely devastated which probably doesn't bode well for her and Maya.

Jamez999

Jun 30, 2021
You know guys if that was me & Maya in that bench scene
I would probably cry too.

I know you are shocked to hear this.
Honestly, I'm not shocked anymore. I see Joshy's post and I just expect a love declaration about Maya, or how much bitchy she makes you feel. The reality is that you're a rapist pervert, and you're chasing Maya because nobody wants her, and she's an easy target.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
How is he a stabilizing factor? They worked out their issues without him in s2 and nothing changes in their relationship if you are in a relationship with them or if they are just friends. Maya rejects his inheritance, Sage supports her either way, the scavenger hunt is completed without a problem or Quinn involvement. Their relationship becomes rocky because of Maya's dad but you can talk to him and help them even as friends.

I could buy that he is a potential unstabilizing factor if he decides to start a relationship in episode 4 then rejects them in episode 9. Josy looked absolutely devastated which probably doesn't bode well for her and Maya.
Walkthrough for Episode 9. Josy/Maya relationship points are the most unstable in Ep.9. To maintain a good relationship with both girls in their route, you need to give equal attention to both girls after starting their route in Ep.4. You must have an equal number of scenes with both, otherwise the girl you neglected will not like it.

Josy’s & Maya’s branch
Go to the Upper main area and click Josy and Maya to end the free roam event.
Enjoy the lewd scene that follows the free roam event.
After the lewd scene, the girls start comparing how many times you’ve been sexual with them. If you’ve favored Josy over Maya you get +3 RP Josy and -3 RP
Maya. If you’ve favored Maya over Josy you get +3 RP Maya and -3 RP Josy. If you’ve been with both of them a similar amount of times you get +3 RP Maya and +3 RP Josy.
<Nothing> It's all about opportunity: <Nothing>
Bad to keep count: + RP Maya and + RP Josy

As we see, the MC can stabilize Throuple and make it work, or come to unforeseen consequences.

The relationship between Maya and Josy is constant quarrels, stress and problems. Patrick is a very serious problem for them, but it's not just him. Girls have very different personalities and want different things. They had tension because Josy wants to be a part of HOTs no matter what and ignores Maya's interests here. They even had tension over choosing a Halloween costume!

7658789678567.JPG

Besides, Josy doesn't seem to know what she wants. Not on their route, she continues to think that she made a mistake and thinks what would have happened if she had chosen MC. She continues to be in love with him and in her thoughts once again chooses not Maya. There are enough hints that Josy and Maya have relationship problems.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Honestly, I'm not shocked anymore. I see Joshy's post and I just expect a love declaration about Maya, or how much bitchy she makes you feel. The reality is that you're a rapist pervert, and you're chasing Maya because nobody wants her, and she's an easy target.
Bro, I think every guy in the world would want Maya
Heck, every lesbian probably would as well
She is basically a living angel

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

If it weren't for him, Josy probably would have left Chapter 1, which is what she was planning to do when she lost faith in both Maya and the possibility of getting into B&R:) But then MC showed up and gave her a reason to stay for a while. And then B&R had a place for rejects like her, and the party began.

Reactions: chuck69

Murgus

May 17, 2018
Walkthrough for Episode 9. Josy/Maya relationship points are the most unstable in Ep.9. To maintain a good relationship with both girls in their route, you need to give equal attention to both girls after starting their route in Ep.4. You must have an equal number of scenes with both, otherwise the girl you neglected will not like it.

Josy’s & Maya’s branch
Go to the Upper main area and click Josy and Maya to end the free roam event.
Enjoy the lewd scene that follows the free roam event.
After the lewd scene, the girls start comparing how many times you’ve been sexual with them. If you’ve favored Josy over Maya you get +3 RP Josy and -3 RP
Maya. If you’ve favored Maya over Josy you get +3 RP Maya and -3 RP Josy. If you’ve been with both of them a similar amount of times you get +3 RP Maya and +3 RP Josy.
<Nothing> It's all about opportunity: <Nothing>
Bad to keep count: + RP Maya and + RP Josy

As we see, the MC can stabilize Throuple and make it work, or come to unforeseen consequences.

The relationship between Maya and Josy is constant quarrels, stress and problems. Patrick is a very serious problem for them, but it's not just him. Girls have very different personalities and want different things. They had tension because Josy wants to be a part of HOTs no matter what and ignores Maya's interests here. They even had tension over choosing a Halloween costume!

View attachment 2984386

Besides, Josy doesn't seem to know what she wants. Not on their route, she continues to think that she made a mistake and thinks what would have happened if she had chosen MC. She continues to be in love with him and in her thoughts once again chooses not Maya. There are enough hints that Josy and Maya have relationship problems.
I know Josy has doubts about choosing Maya if they reject you, but does that mean they will break up unless the MC is with them? It seems Josy is a bit like the MC in some ways. Not knowing what she wants and having multiple relationships, so the throuple is great for her since she doesn't have to decide (unlike poor MC in episode 8).

It's a shame if their relationship will be ruined just because the MC doesn't bang them

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
I know Josy has doubts about choosing Maya if they reject you, but does that mean they will break up unless the MC is with them? It seems Josy is a bit like the MC in some ways. Not knowing what she wants and having multiple relationships, so the throuple is great for her since she doesn't have to decide (unlike poor MC in episode 8).

It's a shame if their relationship will be ruined just because the MC doesn't bang them
I don't believe it'll be ruined if the MC doesn't bang them just because people don't want them to be in a relationship unless MC is with them. They've just grown apart and both Josy an Maya fell in love with the MC. Maya and Josy are just two pretty different people and they argue quite a bit by the hints we see if you don't join the throuple. That and several times by both that they still have feelings for the MC, etc which is just telling you already that their relationship is rocky when they are together again. Granted, Maya's father, etc being an issue causes major problems in their relationship, but still.

Realistically, I wouldn't see Maya and Josy being a couple for too much longer regardless if the MC just stayed as friends with them. I don't think it's so much just because the MC isn't in their relationship.

Reactions: Ekzou

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
View attachment 2980613

View attachment 2980631

DPC chose to make a very bad scene for MC and Jill.
Bathtub sex is very bad choice. nobody likes this

A. Sex in Bathtub
-
may seem romantic and exciting but it is not. it is Not as much fun as it sounds.
- Tubs are really cramped and uncomfortable, and it is far too easy to hurt yourself.
- If you want to do it safely in a tub/shower, you have to spend so much attention on not hurting yourself or your partner that it really spoils the fun.
- Meanwhile, the bed is nice and soft and a lot less likely to hurt you. You can actually concentrate on sex rather than trying oy make yourself comfortable.

B. Sex in the bathtub:
- is usually a rather gymnastic and uncomfortable exchange, and a strangely dry affair.
- Wet surfaces can be slippery so it is more of confining experience rather than enjoyable.
- thus slippery surfaces, potential irritation, and the need to be cautious about safety, can indeed contribute to a less comfortable experience. as it is very tedious to always mind the slippery surfaces rather than enjoying the sex, so very uncomfortable. especially if there is little soap or shampoo there, you might be looking at serious injury.
- This can irritate the delicate tissue, making it more irritating and tiresome.

C. Sex in the bathtub:
- Sex in a bathtub is kind of like sex on a moonlit beach: it sounds all fun and romantic, but the reality is awkward and uncomfortable.
- Standard bathtubs are a little too small for two people to move around that it hinders mobility in comfortably. They're really hard, so it can be painful.
- Water is the 'anti-lubricant', so its difficult to do penetration. Water washes away any natural lubrication, which increases the level of friction during penetration.
- Unlike the movies, it's not that easy or safe. You need to be really aware of your surroundings before you even think of attempting. that makes it opposite of fun and make it really suck.
- Doggy: very unstable, you could risk the girl breaking her face if the basin falls.
- Carrying her: there's still a chance you slip in the heat of it and both fall onto something, if not the floor.

D. Sex in the bathtub:
- May look good in Movies but it is incredibly awkward.
- there are so many limitations. can not think of any kind of sex that would be enjoyed in the bathtub.
> Sex in Bathtub: sucks, STRONGLY recommend against it. You’re already overheated; adding vigorous exercise, and water that washes away natural lube, is bad idea.
- You can START in the tub, but at least get on the bed before going too far.
> Use the hot tub for mutual massage and oral sex, and save the vaginal sex for after you're out.
> So many more things can be done in bed, so few things can be done in shower.

- would only be disappointed at the end

Bathtub sex less than 1/10
Nobody asked you to do it instead of MC, so calm down bro.

Reactions: Fess1998 and Bleiu
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes