fifo5310

Feb 25, 2018
16 Animations down from the report from 2 weeks ago.

Not a great number, but not terrible either, at this speed DPC needs 6,5 weeks to render everything plus a bit more for beta testing.

Nevermind, this is bad news, at this rate the update will drop in 08/12. Well beyond even my pessimitic date on the 24/11.

Not that I had much hope left, but still I cant help but feel bad, specially knowing the real reason for this delay...
unless those were longer animations and now shorter remain? then it could be faster

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
16 Animations down from the report from 2 weeks ago.

Not a great number, but not terrible either, at this speed DPC needs 6,5 weeks to render everything plus a bit more for beta testing.

Nevermind, this is bad news, at this rate the update will drop in 08/12. Well beyond even my pessimitic date on the 24/11.

Not that I had much hope left, but still I cant help but feel bad, specially knowing the real reason for this delay...
22 animations down. It was 68 two weeks ago, but:
". I posed new renders and around six new SFW animation files that were needed"

So 52 animations left including this new 6 animations. Actually, good rendering speed.

HumperDoo

Apr 18, 2020

This is a short update on the progress for this week.

I've mainly worked on fixing everything on the to-do list I wrote while playing the first initial runs. I posed new renders and around six new SFW animation files that were needed. When writing this, the render queue is down to 52 animation files.

I've also worked a great deal on music and sound effects by adding new sounds and calls in the code. The free-roam events needed polishing, and I worked on minor things like money/special render placements and bigger things like scene variations and phone chats/Rooster.

After completing the list of to-dos, I played a couple of extra playthroughs on Sage's and Isabella's branches and started writing a new to-do list.

I needed a small break from that kind of work and started fixing dialogue by parsing all the text of episode 10 instead. Dialogue, phone content, mini-game content - everything written was parsed and polished, which took me nearly three days using software as an aid. Parsing dialogue helps the upcoming proofreading process. I usually do this once per episode, and now it's done for episode 10.

Now, I'm back to playing the game again, and my focus next week will be looking into choices, consequences, affinities, and variations of scenes. I'll specifically look into extending and altering scenes that need it and ensuring that variations can be reached based on previous choices. I'll be playing a bit of every branch to cover as much ground as possible with this focus in regard.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
if your reading this ill recommend listening to Ace "how long has this been going on" while reading this status update :ROFLMAO:

Mar 2, 2022
TLDR: Earliest:1/12/2023 Including 2 weeks testing
For the preceding two weeks, DPC averaged 11 animations each week.
The only other time he attained a similar rate was in week 6 with 12 animations. This is encouraging!

Using Animation Count With Current Pace
We're looking at 17th of November with the remaining 52 Animations if we continue with the current production pace. (11 animations per week)

Here is a graph that shows the evolution of animation development.
1697203834466.png

Using Average Animation Pace for Episode 10
Using the average animation rate for episode 10, we raise our estimated release date.
With this strategy, we anticipate that animation will be completed on December 15, 2023.
This is seen in the following table:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Using Average Animation Duration From Episode 9
Average animation duration for episode 9: 00:05.

Animation Duration left to develop (Using 5 sec average): 04:23

Peak animation duration developed during vacation: 00:05 seconds per day

To complete the 05:44 minutes of animation at the peak speed of 00:05 it will take 57.7 days. We are looking at 25/11/2023 for the animations to finish.

Using Average Lewd Animation Duration From Episode 9
From DPCs status updates it's implied the remain animations will be lewd. So we can refine our estimate slightly.
Average lewd animation duration for episode 9: 00:04.

Animation Duration left to develop (Using 4 sec average): 03:48

Peak animation duration developed during vacation: 00:05 seconds per day

To complete the 03:48 minutes of animation at the peak speed of 00:05 it will take 50.1 days. We are looking at 18/11/2023 for the animations to finish.

Conclusion
Throughout this piece, I refer to 52 as the number of remaining animations and 343 as the total animation count. This is unquestionably the inappropriate measure to employ. DPC has been combining animations into a single animation, resulting in an incorrect animation count. As a result, duration is a far more effective metric. Unfortunately, we do not have access to that, therefore 52/343 will have to suffice for our guesses. Based off this, assume the estimate will be earlier then what I have stated.

I have included the additional 6 animations into the render queue. Assuming this is also what DPC has done, he achieved a pace of 11 animations per week for last week and this week. This increased the weekly animation rate to 6.77.

Another thing to keep in mind is that even once the animations are finished, testing will take two weeks.
Take this all with a grain of salt!

Last edited:

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

This is a short update on the progress for this week.

I've mainly worked on fixing everything on the to-do list I wrote while playing the first initial runs. I posed new renders and around six new SFW animation files that were needed. When writing this, the render queue is down to 52 animation files.

I've also worked a great deal on music and sound effects by adding new sounds and calls in the code. The free-roam events needed polishing, and I worked on minor things like money/special render placements and bigger things like scene variations and phone chats/Rooster.

After completing the list of to-dos, I played a couple of extra playthroughs on Sage's and Isabella's branches and started writing a new to-do list.

I needed a small break from that kind of work and started fixing dialogue by parsing all the text of episode 10 instead. Dialogue, phone content, mini-game content - everything written was parsed and polished, which took me nearly three days using software as an aid. Parsing dialogue helps the upcoming proofreading process. I usually do this once per episode, and now it's done for episode 10.

Now, I'm back to playing the game again, and my focus next week will be looking into choices, consequences, affinities, and variations of scenes. I'll specifically look into extending and altering scenes that need it and ensuring that variations can be reached based on previous choices. I'll be playing a bit of every branch to cover as much ground as possible with this focus in regard.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake

So now we are a bit smarter about a Release... Last numbers we heard were 68 animations left, now its 52... so he got 16 animations done in 2 weeks... thats... BAD.

He more or less doubled the performance of his PCs. But instead of using this power to speed things up, he went for the 60 FPS animations which nobody will care for (or even notice). So we are nearly at the same render speed as before upgrading his PCs (before that he got about 6 animations done per week). But my predictions were right... i said that i think he can do about 7-8 animatiosn a week in 60 fps. Before he updated the PCs his render speed were slightly lower. But if he would still do 30 fps animations he could do 16 animations per week... It makes me angry that we have to wait that long for 60 fps animations... they are pointless. 30 fps animations are more than enough for a renpy game. And his animations (especially in episode 8 and 9) were smooth already, no need for 60 fps. And most players will not even notice the change. Most cinematics in AAA games are 30 fps too, and nobody cares. But noooo DPCs wants 60 fps animations in a visual novel renpy game, thats outright ridiculous, really.

i think he likes that the animations are slowing down everything, cause this gives him more relaxing time for himself and a easier workflow. I remember that he was nearly burned out after episode 8. Cause he pushed ep 6, 7 and 8 way faster than he did with ep 9... after ep 8 he changed his workflow i think, to make things easier for him but slower at the same time. Well i guess, maybe its a bit healthier too for him and he doesnt burn out doing things this way... so its still better to get a episode every 11-12 months instead of seeing an abandoned tag like for so many other games...

And he will still be the one DEV putting out more content than any other around here... even artemis is on a 12 months shedule now. Which was the only other game putting nearly the same amount of content out per episode like being a dik. But the fact that DPC could deliver episodes in 7-8 months if he wouldnt do so much unnecessary things, drives me crazy... i get it that he wants to do minigames and all that, not a problem... but 60 fps animations are really no gain at all. 30 fps would take half of the time, and we would already play since september. And yeah i know that he still has to do other things to wrap things up. But he just postponed those things cause he already knew that the animations would take a long time. So why rush other things? Thats it...

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
22 animations down. It was 68 two weeks ago, but:
". I posed new renders and around six new SFW animation files that were needed"

So 52 animations left including this new 6 animations. Actually, good rendering speed.
Hm i always thaught those posed animations were included in the 68. If its right what you said... yeah it would mean 11 animations per week, which is a good number, but considered he could do double the amount if he would do them in 30 fps is just.... argh.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Hm i always thaught those posed animations were included in the 68. If its right what you said... yeah it would mean 11 animations per week, which is a good number, but considered he could do double the amount if he would do them in 30 fps is just.... argh.
once they are posed they are included, in queue numbers mean the ones he finished posing and are waiting rendering.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Even if we are optimistic and say that the 6 animations are added to the queue so he is going at 11 animations a week that still means that beta testing can't start until mid-late November. 2 week beta testing will still mean December release.

Jamez999

Jun 30, 2021
Good rendering speed...But the situation is crap. If "Mr. Great Artist" listened at least a little to criticism, he would not make absurd decisions with 60FPS and we already play the update in week-two.
If he had 1 PC, we can say that it's a good rendering speed, but I think that he runs 9 warriors PC... If only 4 of them are doing the animations rendering and let's say it takes 2 days / animation, it will be 3*2*4 = 24 animations per 6 days.

We don't have all the information, but something is obviously wrong.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
If he had 1 PC, we can say that it's a good rendering speed, but I think that he runs 9 warriors PC... If only 4 of them are doing the animations rendering and let's say it takes 2 days / animation, it will be 3*2*4 = 24 animations per 6 days.

We don't have all the information, but something is obviously wrong.
I don't know the count of his pcs, he used to have 4 PCs with 2x3090, but since you can't add 2x 4090, when he said 'I upgraded my systems' I just assumed he means he now has 4x4090, maybe one extra when he started talking about the 'Isabella' system? IDk, did he mention the total number of PCs lately? :unsure:

Reactions: Mr. Mayhem

Jamez999

Jun 30, 2021
I don't know the count of his pcs, he used to have 4 PCs with 2x3090, but since you can't add 2x 4090, when he said 'I upgraded my systems' I just assumed he means he now has 4x4090, maybe one extra when he started talking about the 'Isabella' system? IDk, did he mention the total number of PCs lately? :unsure:
It's what I did read here, many posts before. Even if he has, 4x4090 only. The numbers that he gives are ridiculous, we're talking about the best machines in the world of informatics and takes all this time to render 4s animations ? It's like he's inceasing the waiting time intentionally.

• Angry
Reactions: Lightaces
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes