felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What are the other 4 retarded storylines? :LOL: Jill being blackmailed into dating Tybalt?
View attachment 3041346
In no particular order.

- The Loan
- The blackmail is another one
- MC doesn't know anyone's family names, especially his own mother. He never asked questions or even checked the legal documents from inheritance. Everyone knows there are no names on legal documents. (My favourite one)
- MC, in general, seems to be retarded. He doesn't ask questions. "Bella, I would like to know the situation with your husband? Is he in prison for murder? What's the deal? I'd prefer not to have my head bashed in when I leave your house."
- The Maya/Josy situation: The Campus: Drug use, underage drinking, smoke cigs, engaging in prostitution, violence, Guns, assault, beating each other up, stealing, burglary, cheating, having unprotected sex, engaging in threesomes, engaging in orgies, breaking into people's homes, vandalizing, blackmail, but we draw the line at lesbians....... because we have morals here.....
- Dawe assaults a teacher and nothing happens

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. I would have to replay the game again.
in chronological order:

MC dropping out of college because he has a mean roommate. MC who was suspended at school for beating up people who insulted him and who will become moral leader of the Diks

Josy who runs away to college for fighting with her parents.

Jill's entire reaction during Thybalt's blackmail.

Bella who stays over at the DIKs' in MC's room, same day after Cathy's scandal.

Maya who knows Patrick has a key to her room but lives there peacefully for a week with Josy

I would say that these 5 are aces of some weight

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Yes, in the game she says "I co-signed for the loan" What normal bank would allow someone with no money, assets, etc... co-sign for anyone?
You're forgetting something. Maya has something to show for her future that could convince a bank so that the bank can get her money back. The bank doesn't care when, because the longer it takes to repay, the more money the bank earns. Interest charges.

You don't have to have a degree to be a used car dealer. Patrick applies for a dedicated personal loan. The purpose is to finance his daughter Maya's studies. Because Maya graduated from high school magna cum laude, Maya is definitely eligible to be a co-signer.

Therefore, I assume that Patrick has control over the money, but the money was used to purchase high-value vehicles for his used car dealership. He pays Maya College fees from year to year. That's actually enough time to sell the high-quality vehicles and thus pay Maya's college fees and at the same time make the bank loan cheaper through the profits from the sold vehicles.

To me it seems like this. Maya said that she thought that her father had cooled down because of the relationship with Josy. Only then did Patrick take out the loan and have Maya co-sign it. He misappropriated funds from the loan, in Quinn's words, to expand. But he couldn't resell the high-quality used cars as quickly as he thought and so came under pressure. In order not to have to tell his daughter Maya the truth, Patrick gave Maya the ultimatum with Josy. Patrick made a mistake with his lie and it could cost him dearly. The Royce lawyer will probably be called in and he will recognize that the earmarked personal loan was not used for its actual purpose. The co-signer, Maya, agreed to the purpose. Ergo, Maya can get out of the loan as a co-signer and take out a normal student loan.

• Hey there
Reactions: Ray_D

iggy.

Mar 24, 2022
I don't think loan storyline will end soon, and I know this is unpopular opinion. I expect Patrick to play much bigger role in the upcoming episodes and he is going to be main antagonist in Maya and Josy plot. We are not going to see much conflict in episode 10, but I think things will pick up in episode 11. This plot will go on for long long time, I am talking years. You think waiting 3 years to bang Jill was long ? Lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Ray_D and RK - Milf
Aug 29, 2023
You're forgetting something. Maya has something to show for her future that could convince a bank so that the bank can get her money back. The bank doesn't care when, because the longer it takes to repay, the more money the bank earns. Interest charges.
Banks do care when. Because when you don’t make your regular loan payments—when you “default”—they get to repossess whatever it is you put up against your loan; usually whatever you purchased with your loan. It makes them way more money than interest charges. But if you purchased something intangible, like a college education, there’s nothing to repossess. Which is why any such loan would be made with something else as collateral—like Patrick’s auto dealership or home. The bank goes after both co-signers, but since Maya has nothing to repossess, Patrick would be on the hook, entirely.

Because Maya graduated from high school magna cum laude, Maya is definitely eligible to be a co-signer.
Nah; the bank wouldn’t give a shit. They don’t care that you graduated magna cum laude (a title they tend not to use in my state, because AP classes can grant you a GPA above 4.0), or that you’re really smart, or might get a really good job someday. You have to have a really good job now. And a decent credit score. They want something tangible. Try taking out a bank loan sometime and you’ll see exactly what I mean.

Like I said, Maya has nothing. No job, no credit; if she had credit cards but her dad pays them, that’s his credit. She’d never be able to take out such a loan herself—unless it’s a federal student loan, under which the rules are different.

Therefore, I assume that Patrick has control over the money, but the money was used to purchase high-value vehicles for his used car dealership. He pays Maya College fees from year to year. That's actually enough time to sell the high-quality vehicles and thus pay Maya's college fees and at the same time make the bank loan cheaper through the profits from the sold vehicles.
There’d be no point in Patrick doing this. If he couldn’t take out a loan for high-value cars, he’d be even less able to take out a loan for the same amount for his twins’ college tuition. Banks can repossess fancy cars; they can’t repo classes!

Collateral against Patrick’s loan would be his dealership, his home, or any other real estate he owns. The bank truly wouldn’t give a shit what he did with the money so long as they got paid on time. Miss a payment and they come for the collateral, tho.

Unless of course it’s a federally subsidized loan, which banks administer to provide disaster relief, support business through a pandemic, encourage home ownership among the poor, and the like. Because those loans don’t require collateral—the feds guarantee them instead of your collateral—banks won’t turn you down, but the feds might. And you apply for these loans through the feds. Banks will promote them, but they only grant them when the feds agree to them. And the feds do care what you do with them. If Patrick uses a federal loan for anything other than what the feds require, he faces prison time for fraud. Maya doesn’t, even as a co-signer; she didn’t misappropriate the money.

As I’ve said earlier, if the federally subsidized loan is a student loan, Patrick’s definitely doing prison if he gets his hands on it. Which he shouldn’t cuz it goes straight to B&R.

Hence my earlier statement that he’s bluffing so he can keep Maya away from Josy, and every lawyer (and even non-lawyers like me) will call bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: ProxyGist

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Hence my earlier statement that he’s bluffing so he can keep Maya away from Josy, and every lawyer (and even non-lawyers like me) will call bullshit.
Maybe that's the point. Maya doesn't know about it and when Jill's lawyer tells her that Patrick has no power over her the situation is resolved.
Or it won't. Maybe Jill's lawyer will say more crap.

Aug 29, 2023
Maybe that's the point. Maya doesn't know about it and when Jill's lawyer tells her that Patrick has no power over her the situation is resolved.
Hope so. It’d be fun to watch her tell her dad off. And, to add insult to injury, sloppily make out with Josy right in front of him. (And Tremolo. Simultaneously.)

Yep. Heavens forbid a lawyer resolve a situation quickly without milking it for $ first. Kinda like game designers on Patreon, really . . .
Depends. My boss’s lawyers are on salary and don’t get paid, and might get fired, for wasting company time. Pro bono lawyers and public defenders are the same way.

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
It's quite ironic that B&R is apparently renowned for his economic/business program, yet apparently no one calls bs...like duh, every teacher/professor there should be able to tell her that this loan sounds more than a bit fishy and she should bring a copy of the loan documents to have a look at it.

And well, i don't know how it is in the states, but usually you have people in the university which can help you with things like student-loans, or at the very least, can tell you where you can get help from, including consultation and legal help for students.

I really hope that this crap story will be finished asap, it has long overstayed it's welcome...but yeah i have my doubts Maya will even meet the lawyer in the comming ep.

Aug 29, 2023
It's quite ironic that B&R is apparently renowned for his economic/business program, yet apparently no one calls bs...like duh, every teacher/professor there should be able to tell her that this loan sounds more than a bit fishy and she should bring a copy of the loan documents to have a look at it.
The smartest guy in a novel is only as smart as the author. If DPC hasn’t a clue how American loans work, of course his characters don’t either.

And well, i don't know how it is in the states, but usually you have people in the university which can help you with things like student-loans, or at the very least, can tell you where you can get help from, including consultation and legal help for students.
Yes you do. Student financial aid departments will tell you everything I just told you. State unis and colleges have legal aid departments, with lawyers on staff, who regularly help students out. B&R is a private college, so it stands to reason they don’t, but if their students get federal student aid, their department should know how it works.

Now there is the possibility the school gets no federal student aid. Unaccredited schools, or schools which are racist, sexist, homophobic, exclusionary to other religions, and the like, aren’t eligible for federal help whatsoever. But B&R doesn’t look at all like Bob Jones University. Although there is a lot of homophobia.

Whiskeyjackle

Aug 5, 2017
Hey!
Haven't been here for quite some time and just realised it's been like 10 months since the last update.

Any news about an update release date?

Thanks in advance :)

Aug 29, 2023
Not completely true. BYU does. Which is a Mormon uni. Which probably means other relgious universities receive it also.
Plenty of religious schools get federal funds, and how they get around the rules is by not being exclusionary. You don’t have to be Mormon to attend BYU. You only have to abide by the fact it’s a Mormon school, with Mormon rules and expectations for all students, Mormons and “gentiles” alike. Since that’s the case, non-Mormons likely won’t want to attend BYU… but if they want to attend anyway, they can. And since that technically doesn’t violate the free exercise of religion (much), the feds shrug and give BYU money.

Reactions: peasantkristoph
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes