ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Sorry, but I beg to differ... First, Daz is not that old compared to other programs, and, second, being old doesn't make something bad -- Photoshop is quite old and it's still the industry standard for photo editing, just to give an example. Daz is quite good for what it was created which is posing -- it started as a Poser competitor. And it's also good for character creation, because, even if software like ZBrush is, in theory, superior, it's a digital sculpting tool (besides being also a texturizer) that needs real talent to make something good (as in real-life sculpting) while, I bet, most of us can create better characters using dials than trying to sculpt something. It's like those softwares for drawing with tablets (those with a pen a not the tablets that look like a big cell phone) that the program can be amazing but, if you don't know how to draw you'll suck big time and it'll be useless for you. Moreover, the fact that a software isn't complete, doesn't mean it sucks; it's like saying ZBrush or Photoshop suck on animation -- indeed! They were not made for that!

About the polygons, in fact, I have to confirm the exact numbers, but they've been lowering because you have subdivision, that has been around for a while but, with better graphic boards, you can properly use it. It takes a toll on your graphic board, but, having the right equipment, you can subdivide a lot in Daz. On the other hand, people create figures in ZBrush with loads of polygons but, unless they're from Hollywood rendering on supercomputers, they export a lower mesh and bake the details on normal and displacemente maps, because polygons also take a toll on your graphic board memory. Also, unless you're doing closeups, most of the time, the polygons of a genesis figure with a subdivision of 1 or 2 will be good enough and no one will notice a difference (there are even plugins to adjust the subdivision of every object according to the distance from the camera).

About the textures, right now, 4k is standard (the 8k they were advertising is just for the micro details normals), which, by the way, is relative -- what matters is the size of the texture proportional to the object rendered, thus, even if all materials are 4k, the face has a better resolution than the torso, because the face is smaller. But that's not the main topic here, but the fact there's no technical limitation in Daz, and, if you don't like the 4k textures, you can create your own the size you want. Again, most of the time it won't matter unless you're doing closeups, but you can do it. But, also, the size of the textures takes a toll on your graphic board memory... So everything has to be managed... And even DPC with his top-notch computers probably considers the size of his scenes because, as you add characters, clothes, environments, props, hair, and everything else (in case I'm forgetting something) it increases rendering time...

But, yeah... There's one thing that Daz sucks which is animations... It's not that it is that bad, but, since it uses the posing logic and not a physical simulation one, you have to pose everything while in other physics-based software, it will take care of some of those details for you (mostly, the part of collision and the effects of gravity). Again, it's something you can do -- and I think DPC is doing it fairly well (he's one of my top 3 animators along with the guy from Betrayed, and the guy from the Beauty and the Thug -- those using Daz; the guy from Mist is very good, but he uses Blender) --, but it takes a lot of work because it's like doing those stop-motion animations with real puppets wherein you have to pose, film a frame, pose, filme a frame, and so on, with the difference you pose everything and, then, render, but the grind of posing is almost the same.

So, my conclusion, is DPC doesn't need to change anything in his framework, at least, for this game. The characters are already done and, even if could there be some improvement, it would be very weird to see a different Sage, Maya, Jill, and so on. His characters may not be entirely original but they have personality; and even if he uses many out-of-the-box models, at least, he's smart enough to choose ones that were not used before (or, at least, not overused). So, when we see P3D Imogen in another game, we think "Oh! Look! It's Jill!"; when we see Kayleyss's Aurore, we think "Oh! It's Quinn"; when we see iST Hyuna, we think "Oh! It's Rionna!"
What a great post. I don't like to write long posts so I will answer briefly.
I hate DAZ. I used to work in it and literally cursed every minute in it. It's too slow, slow viewport, no hotkeys, no normal render engine, no full ability to customize materials, bad lighting, terrible interface, etc.
When you talk about posing, you're probably right. But you still won't be able to do a complex pose. The animation tools are probably fine for some simple animations, but you won't be able to do a complex animation like a bird flying or dancing.
My main point was that DPC can't do what it wants to do because of the technical limitation of DAZ. That's true. He can't do smoke simulation and he has to draw smoke manually in After Effects or other video editor. He can't make a simulation of bubbles in the bathtub and he has to draw them manually in photoshop. All of this takes time. He talks about artistic vision, but it was initially limited when he decided to work at DAZ.
When we talk about DPC we don't mean graphics. That's not his strongest part. The graphics in his game are average, but in terms of animations, minigame quality, branching he's probably the best. DPC isn't perfect and if he wanted to be the best in all areas one episode would have been in development for 2 or 3 years.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Also "fuck you" to everybody who said the tits on my Sage were too big. I'm a fucking amateur when it comes to DPC in this way, as well.
All the boobs on all the girls are just fine. I prefer small, but I take all sizes. Buuuuuut asses are a different story.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Well guys, I made 12 different saves at the end ep. 9:

- Others Lily
- Others MC's bed, neutral path
- Others Mel & Sarah
- Sage, dick path screwing around everybody
- Others Mc's bed, dick path
- Jill, chick path having dated Jill only
- Sage, dick path having dated and fucked Sage only
- Bella, chick path having dated Jill too
- chosen Jill but rejected by her
- Josy&Maya, having dated only them and favoured Maya over Josy
- Josy&Maya, having dated only them and favoured Josy over Maya
- Sage, chick path having dated and fucked Sage only

1 year wait is 1 year wait. Damn
That's what I need you for.
I need a save of the man-whore on the path of the Others before ep 9.
Can you share it with me?

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
What a great post. I don't like to write long posts so I will answer briefly.
I hate DAZ. I used to work in it and literally cursed every minute in it. It's too slow, slow viewport, no hotkeys, no normal render engine, no full ability to customize materials, bad lighting, terrible interface, etc.
When you talk about posing, you're probably right. But you still won't be able to do a complex pose. The animation tools are probably fine for some simple animations, but you won't be able to do a complex animation like a bird flying or dancing.
My main point was that DPC can't do what it wants to do because of the technical limitation of DAZ. That's true. He can't do smoke simulation and he has to draw smoke manually in After Effects or other video editor. He can't make a simulation of bubbles in the bathtub and he has to draw them manually in photoshop. All of this takes time. He talks about artistic vision, but it was initially limited when he decided to work at DAZ.
When we talk about DPC we don't mean graphics. That's not his strongest part. The graphics in his game are average, but in terms of animations, minigame quality, branching he's probably the best. DPC isn't perfect and if he wanted to be the best in all areas one episode would have been in development for 2 or 3 years.
I think most of your complaints are BS. Daz has particle effects now and your claim about fully customizing materials is vague but strange when the app supports custom shaders. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to do a dancing animation, just open up the timeline and start moving limbs - no sane person would start doing it in a game based primarily on still render, though (which of course means that DPC will do it for season 11).

It's a poorly documented and definitely, in its core, aging piece of software, but it is surprisingly robust when you start working with it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I hate Riona's new shorter hair, tough.
did Riona also have a change in her hairstyle? i hadn't noticed that to be honest. from chapter 7 onward (apart from the scene where with Quinn they catch Sage and MC) she seemed greatly improved in her face and expressiveness, before she had always seemed rather "basic" to me

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Interesting - first models were good but kinda basic, then he hit the mark around episode 4/5 and then ... he kept changing them.
Is this that thing with artists where they need to adjust and improve things into the ground because they're never happy with their work?

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
I think most of your complaints are BS. Daz has particle effects now and your claim about fully customizing materials is vague but strange when the app supports custom shaders. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to do a dancing animation, just open up the timeline and start moving limbs - no sane person would start doing it in a game based primarily on still render, though (which of course means that DPC will do it for season 11).

It's a poorly documented and definitely, in its core, aging piece of software, but it is surprisingly robust when you start working with it.
:unsure:

Are you sure you want me to keep going?
DAZ sucks and it will lose to any 3D program.

I don't understand why you would react the way you did. DAZ is probably a good program for a narrow set of tasks like simple posing, but that's where its advantages end. And besides, where did I say anything wrong? Well, by the way, I didn't know that DAZ has particles, but it doesn't change anything because in any program simulations are more complex and progressive.
Besides, it's obvious to everyone that the program is not evolving. Blender every year adds a lot of new features and capabilities, there is an opportunity to add quality addons that simplify the development process, but none of this is in DAZ. This program lives thanks to a huge store.

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
did Riona also have a change in her hairstyle? i hadn't noticed that to be honest. from chapter 7 onward (apart from the scene where with Quinn they catch Sage and MC) she seemed greatly improved in her face and expressiveness, before she had always seemed rather "basic" to me
Ok bro, let's play nostradamus. Which of the 4 things will happen in Episode 10.

1. Tommy finds out about the MC & Josy.
2. Maya's Tuition storyline finishes.
3. Quinn will say "I really like you" to the MC.
4. Bella gets in trouble for dating the MC.

Im gonna go nuts and predict.

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No

PereFourreAss

Sep 30, 2020
Ok bro, let's play nostradamus. Which of the 4 things will happen in Episode 10.

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
Have I missed something or 1. already happened ?

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
1. Yes. If you're on her path.
2. No. Probably ep12 for that.
3. No. If on her path she'll say some dumb shit like: "You know how I feel, so fuck off."
4. No. Dpc will stretch that out until ep14. :ROFLMAO:

I'm not Nostradamus and don't hold me to any of these predictions, even if I'm right. :ROFLMAO:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Have I missed something or 1. already happened ?
Are you referring to the "cliffhanger" with Maya and Josy coming out of the hallway that leads to the MC's room ?

If yes, then maybe you missed that Tommy asked the MC at the start of the party to look after Josy, so DPC disarmed that bomb right at the start. Tommy also doesn't know that Josy and Maya are an item and so far none of the cliffhangers have lead to something big happening (Jade being Sage's mom, Chad being gay and so on and on).

It's why I don't believe anything will happen, it's a twofer, not only would Tommy find out about the MC banging Josy, Josy and Maya would also come out as being bi.

If something does come of it, I would be a) surprised and b) impressed that DPC upped his cliffhanger game.

• Angry
Reactions: Derek's Brother
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes