LizaS

Jan 20, 2022

All right, here we go. It's time for the final status update for episode 10.

Special Announcement
Today, I'm pleased to announce a collaboration with a punk rock band named Dirty Toy Company.

Dirty Toy Company has graciously provided songs for Being a DIK, and their song "Over the Horizon" will be the title song of Being a DIK - Season 3 going forward.

With a punk rock sound, full of heavy and melodic riffs with attitude, I'm proud to shine a spotlight on them in the game and have them elevate it with their music.

On top of "Over the Horizon", you will also hear their songs "Stand and Fight" and "Burn You Down" in the game - starting Episode 10.

Please show our new Maggot brothers a warm welcome to the DIK family.

You can support them by giving them a follow or stream on Spotify - all their social media links can be found .

Beta testing
Beta testing started this week. Testers and proofreader are hard at work.

Bugs and typos are being found and fixed, and they have an extensive checklist of things to test.

It's too early to say how things are going, as they've only had their hands on the episode for a couple of days and have just scratched the surface.

Patch information
The full game .zip file (v0.10.0) will be roughly 12 GB and the patch hovers around 5 GB.

The patch will only work on v0.9.0/v0.9.1 releases - meaning that if you only have episode Interlude, you must download the full version.

If you don't know how to patch or if this will be your first Patreon release, I'd recommend downloading the full version, with episode 10, when it releases.

If you are patching, make backup copies of your game before patching. Never patch Season 1 & 2 with Season 3 files. Doing this will corrupt your game. Treat Season 3 as a separate game, and you will avoid these problems.

Preliminary Changelog v0.10.0
I only listed the new content in this section. The full changelog will be included in the release.

-- Changelog v0.10.0 --

Added Episode 10 that includes

5868 renders

335 animations

8 2D-art pieces

4 2D-art animations

31 songs

65 sound effects

Regarding the release date announcement
As this was the final status update for episode 10, my next communication with you will be the release date announcement. It will be a December release, and I will be able to announce the date sometime this month, so stay tuned for it.

Thanks for your tremendous support and interest during this development cycle!

Big or small donations, you guys who stick with me throughout these development cycles are the MVPs.

I hope you will enjoy the upcoming episode.

Love

Dr PinkCake

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I think to myself so that Tommy's biological father is a huge asshole. He will not have treated Tommy and his mother well. In Pete, Monica will have found a good husband and Tommy a good stepfather. Tommy doesn't want to lose that and he will like it too so that his mother is happy.

Tommy is Tommy and I think to myself that he's overdoing the big brother role because he doesn't want to lose this new family. His mother is happy and Tommy will also be happy with his stepfather Pete. But there was that nail polish incident that triggered everything.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Damn bro, no matter how elaborate your theories can be, I always enjoy reading them. You keep giving me awesome material for my own project. lol (y)

But I think Tommy and Josy's relationship is much simpler than all that. But before this, I'd just like to examine one particular point. I do not think that Josy had lost her father's attention. What I got from her story in ep4 when MC visits her before she runs away. Josy mentions how Monica always defended Tommy over Josy, she doesn't feel like Monica feels anything for her because of this. It is Josy that has a problem with her father and not the other way around. Also Josy chose to live with her father over her natural mother. But she's feeling conflicted and misinterprets her fathers position with apathy. When we find out later on that is not even close to being true with the scene during the prep party in the parking lot with Peter.

And that is my main reason why I dislike Josy, she's just as impulsive with her jumping to conclusions without merits. Even though she takes mature actions (by making the choice to just go to college without telling anyone) she's still very immature morally and emotionally. When you think that her emotional baggage only stem from her mother having cheated on Peter. She hasn't suffered any other emotional traumas to speak of. She comes across as "daddy's little princess spoiled brat" that needs all the attention for herself from daddy and anyone be damned!

I don't think Josy has any more depth than just that. She's quite shallow in fact. With the MC in her life she is discovering emotional maturity and will grow from there. But her character is mostly superficial. In this aspect, even though I'd gladly push Maya off a speeding train, Maya has more depth than Josy.

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017

Special Announcement
Today, I'm pleased to announce a collaboration with a punk rock band named Dirty Toy Company.

Dirty Toy Company has graciously provided songs for Being a DIK, and their song "Over the Horizon" will be the title song of Being a DIK - Season 3 going forward.

With a punk rock sound, full of heavy and melodic riffs with attitude, I'm proud to shine a spotlight on them in the game and have them elevate it with their music.

On top of "Over the Horizon", you will also hear their songs "Stand and Fight" and "Burn You Down" in the game - starting Episode 10.

You can support them by giving them a follow or stream on Spotify - all their social media links can be found .

Beta testing

Bugs and typos are being found and fixed, and they have an extensive checklist of things to test.

It's too early to say how things are going, as they've only had their hands on the episode for a couple of days and have just scratched the surface.

Patch information
The full game .zip file (v0.10.0) will be roughly 12 GB and the patch hovers around 5 GB.

The patch will only work on v0.9.0/v0.9.1 releases - meaning that if you only have episode Interlude, you must download the full version.

If you don't know how to patch or if this will be your first Patreon release, I'd recommend downloading the full version, with episode 10, when it releases.

If you are patching, make backup copies of your game before patching. Never patch Season 1 & 2 with Season 3 files. Doing this will corrupt your game. Treat Season 3 as a separate game, and you will avoid these problems.

I only listed the new content in this section. The full changelog will be included in the release.

-- Changelog v0.10.0 --

5868 renders

335 animations

8 2D-art pieces

4 2D-art animations

31 songs

65 sound effects

As this was the final status update for episode 10, my next communication with you will be the release date announcement. It will be a December release, and I will be able to announce the date sometime this month, so stay tuned for it.

Big or small donations, you guys who stick with me throughout these development cycles are the MVPs.

Love

Dr PinkCake
For the love of everything sacred please let this be a 01/12 release.

As expected the animations were all rendered a few days ago and beta testing has already started,

Lets all hope it goes smootly.

Either way we are almost there brothers, this is going to be awesome!

DarkShadows12

Mar 22, 2023

Special Announcement

Beta testing

Patch information

-- Changelog v0.10.0 --

5868 renders

335 animations

8 2D-art pieces

4 2D-art animations

31 songs

65 sound effects

Love

Dr PinkCake
New Music WooHoo!

Reactions: VOYEUR

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
If DPC says it will be a December release and doesn't want to give the exact date even now, two weeks away from month's end, it means that it probably won't release on December 1st, unfortunately. I'd say that December 7th is the most probable date.

19Castiel23

Jul 25, 2017
Dude...

Look again at the numbers.

5868 renders

335 animations

8 2D-art pieces

4 2D-art animations

31 songs

65 sound effects

Its a shit ton of content, it's worth the download size.

I really hope you are wrong lol
I will definitely download and play the episode. If the file size is like this from the 10th episode, it will be around 40-45 GB by the end of the season. :D :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: Ray_D

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020

Special Announcement

Love

Dr PinkCake
I am surprised he didn't say "It's the best one yet" Like the last episode.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Special Announcement

Beta testing

Patch information

-- Changelog v0.10.0 --

5868 renders

335 animations

8 2D-art pieces

4 2D-art animations

31 songs

65 sound effects

Love

Dr PinkCake
It turns out that December 01/08 will be a release.

New music is just dope.
New main title theme:

Two other songs:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
For the love of everything sacred please let this be a 01/12 release.

As expected the animations were all rendered a few days ago and beta testing has already started,

Lets all hope it goes smootly.

Either way we are almost there brothers, this is going to be awesome!
I thought you were going to say "I'm optimistic for a november release!" once again.

:KEK:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes