ProxyGist

May 8, 2023

All right, here we go. It's time for the final status update for episode 10.

Special Announcement
Today, I'm pleased to announce a collaboration with a punk rock band named Dirty Toy Company.

Dirty Toy Company has graciously provided songs for Being a DIK, and their song "Over the Horizon" will be the title song of Being a DIK - Season 3 going forward.

With a punk rock sound, full of heavy and melodic riffs with attitude, I'm proud to shine a spotlight on them in the game and have them elevate it with their music.

On top of "Over the Horizon", you will also hear their songs "Stand and Fight" and "Burn You Down" in the game - starting Episode 10.

Please show our new Maggot brothers a warm welcome to the DIK family.

You can support them by giving them a follow or stream on Spotify - all their social media links can be found .

Beta testing
Beta testing started this week. Testers and proofreader are hard at work.

Bugs and typos are being found and fixed, and they have an extensive checklist of things to test.

It's too early to say how things are going, as they've only had their hands on the episode for a couple of days and have just scratched the surface.

Patch information
The full game .zip file (v0.10.0) will be roughly 12 GB and the patch hovers around 5 GB.

The patch will only work on v0.9.0/v0.9.1 releases - meaning that if you only have episode Interlude, you must download the full version.

If you don't know how to patch or if this will be your first Patreon release, I'd recommend downloading the full version, with episode 10, when it releases.

If you are patching, make backup copies of your game before patching. Never patch Season 1 & 2 with Season 3 files. Doing this will corrupt your game. Treat Season 3 as a separate game, and you will avoid these problems.

Preliminary Changelog v0.10.0
I only listed the new content in this section. The full changelog will be included in the release.

-- Changelog v0.10.0 --

Added Episode 10 that includes

5868 renders

335 animations

8 2D-art pieces

4 2D-art animations

31 songs

65 sound effects

Regarding the release date announcement
As this was the final status update for episode 10, my next communication with you will be the release date announcement. It will be a December release, and I will be able to announce the date sometime this month, so stay tuned for it.

Thanks for your tremendous support and interest during this development cycle!

Big or small donations, you guys who stick with me throughout these development cycles are the MVPs.

I hope you will enjoy the upcoming episode.

Love

Dr PinkCake
Here's the song. I'm not a big fan of that dirty lo-fi sound.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

Special Announcement
Today, I'm pleased to announce a collaboration with a punk rock band named Dirty Toy Company.

Dirty Toy Company has graciously provided songs for Being a DIK, and their song "Over the Horizon" will be the title song of Being a DIK - Season 3 going forward.

With a punk rock sound, full of heavy and melodic riffs with attitude, I'm proud to shine a spotlight on them in the game and have them elevate it with their music.

On top of "Over the Horizon", you will also hear their songs "Stand and Fight" and "Burn You Down" in the game - starting Episode 10.

You can support them by giving them a follow or stream on Spotify - all their social media links can be found .

Beta testing

Bugs and typos are being found and fixed, and they have an extensive checklist of things to test.

It's too early to say how things are going, as they've only had their hands on the episode for a couple of days and have just scratched the surface.

Patch information
The full game .zip file (v0.10.0) will be roughly 12 GB and the patch hovers around 5 GB.

The patch will only work on v0.9.0/v0.9.1 releases - meaning that if you only have episode Interlude, you must download the full version.

If you don't know how to patch or if this will be your first Patreon release, I'd recommend downloading the full version, with episode 10, when it releases.

If you are patching, make backup copies of your game before patching. Never patch Season 1 & 2 with Season 3 files. Doing this will corrupt your game. Treat Season 3 as a separate game, and you will avoid these problems.

I only listed the new content in this section. The full changelog will be included in the release.

-- Changelog v0.10.0 --

5868 renders

335 animations

8 2D-art pieces

4 2D-art animations

31 songs

65 sound effects

As this was the final status update for episode 10, my next communication with you will be the release date announcement. It will be a December release, and I will be able to announce the date sometime this month, so stay tuned for it.

Big or small donations, you guys who stick with me throughout these development cycles are the MVPs.

Love

Dr PinkCake
The important thing is that Josy looks the Best out of the Band:love::devilish:

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
This might be unpopular opinion, but I really fucking hate punk rock/indie rock music. Then again, I am a huge hiphop head. Ep 9 was so refreshing with more dance/rap tracks. I get it the vibes and all, it's inspired by early 2000's coming of age american movies, but I honestly don't know any college kids who listen to rock these days
I love punk rock, but I don't like that dirty sound. Also, I've heard enough music that I can hear the guitars not strumming and the guitars not hitting the drum.
If it wasn't for that kind of playing, I wouldn't listen to that kind of music.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
What episode is this?
Ugh, my memory not being what it used to be and my horrible save page naming, I'll say with mild certainty this is Episode 2. I'd say about mid way. That scene is where Bella brings you back to her place for lunch after playing Tennis doubles with her, Jill and Tybalt, if you're on hers or Jill's path. Or at the very least friendly with either of them and haven't kissed Cathy in Bella's car. If you're a full DIK and have made DIK choices towards Bella, I don't think that scene will be available either.

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022

Special Announcement

Beta testing

Patch information

-- Changelog v0.10.0 --

5868 renders

335 animations

8 2D-art pieces

4 2D-art animations

31 songs

65 sound effects

Love

Dr PinkCake
When he said "Over the Horizon" i almost expected to hear the Samsung ringtone when starting EP 10.

JosephH151

Apr 25, 2023
Ugh, my memory not being what it used to be and my horrible save page naming, I'll say with mild certainty this is Episode 2. I'd say about mid way. That scene is where Bella brings you back to her place for lunch after playing Tennis doubles with her, Jill and Tybalt, if you're on hers or Jill's path. Or at the very least friendly with either of them and haven't kissed Cathy in Bella's car. If you're a full DIK and have made DIK choices towards Bella, I don't think that scene will be available either.
I'm not sure, but I remember that hangout. She is wearing a black top in it, so it's not that one :unsure:

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

Special Announcement

Beta testing

Patch information

-- Changelog v0.10.0 --

5868 renders

335 animations

8 2D-art pieces

4 2D-art animations

31 songs

65 sound effects

Love

Dr PinkCake
Well, well, well. Seems like be overcomed by a pig game was the motivation left to finally finish this absurd dev cycle:p

Last edited:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I'm not sure, but I remember that hangout. She is wearing a black top in it, so it's not that one :unsure:
Yeh I wasn't sure to begin with. I haven't revisited these chapters for a while now. Nice catch though.

As soon as I read your post, I realized the scene I'm talking about, MC leaves the room naked about to fool around with Bella upstairs. So yeh. That scene could actually be earlier than what I mentioned.

JosephH151

Apr 25, 2023
Yeh I wasn't sure to begin with. I haven't revisited these chapters for a while now. Nice catch though.

As soon as I read your post, I realized the scene I'm talking about, MC leaves the room naked about to fool around with Bella upstairs. So yeh. That scene could actually be earlier than what I mentioned.
I just happened to find the image file called ep4_bella_study25.jpg. So EP4 :) But I don't remember the plot of the scene. Probably "staying with Isabella" route.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
Very interesting that he was able to establish a colab with a band. Smart move by them for sure unlike a certain other band. I think mid December is more likely than the first. Beta testing always reveals so many new and fun ways to break a game.

Reactions: UntitledParadox

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
I'll be optimistic again (I don't learn lessons :ROFLMAO: nor in a hard way nor on practice).

EP11 - September '24 release :HideThePain: If it was me 9 months ago I would say July, but no, DPC killed the most dare optimist in me.

Little explanation:

1. DPC went for a 2 weeks vacation this year.

2. DPC did a full upgrade of his rendering rigs AND added some new ones, all this almost took time, because he did that on himself. Buying, rebuilding old PCs / building new PCs, installing OS, testing them, copying all settings, setting up software, testing again, etc tooks a lot of time even if you are expirienced. Let's guess it was around and minimum 2 weeks too, in overall.

3. He still worked on new mini-games for a whole remaining S3 EPs and I bet most of them will remain in S4 as well. He didn't do a lot of mentioned above for EP9 and during EP9 dev cycle, except the party planner. Let's guess that it also took from 2 to 4 weeks of development.

If EP10 release date will be set at Dec, 1 then it means that current 10th Episode was in development for 11 months (16-Dec-23 was the EP9 release and we subtracting the 2 weeks vacation time from dev cycle).

Now I don't really believe that the disappeared need to develop new mini-games, as well as increased hardware performance can help a lot. Because the first is leveled by the ever-increasing complexity of coding and tracking all branches of the story, and the second, as it turned out, is leveled by 60 fps animations. I have no doubt that he will do 90% of the animations at 60 fps in all the following episodes, with the possible exception for sfw animations. In general, all lewd scenes at least. But still, the lack of the need to mess with mini-games and the well-established rendering capacities and capabilities and the lack of the need to do anything with hardware are encouraging and inspires some optimism. In fact, he can now really fully concentrate on creating a new episode. Therefore, all other things being equal, and if he does not decide to make 6500-7000 renderings and 400 animations for EP 11, then 9 months sounds dope and logical.

Be a realist, hope as optimist, prepare for worst as pessimist :HideThePain:

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
I'll be optimistic again (I don't learn lessons :ROFLMAO: nor in a hard way nor on practice).

EP11 - September '24 release :HideThePain: If it was me 9 months ago I would say July, but no, DPC killed the most dare optimist in me.

Little explanation:

1. DPC went for a 2 weeks vacation this year.

2. DPC did a full upgrade of his rendering rigs AND added some new ones, all this almost took time, because he did that on himself. Buying, rebuilding old PCs / building new PCs, installing OS, testing them, copying all settings, setting up software, testing again, etc tooks a lot of time even if you are expirienced. Let's guess it was around and minimum 2 weeks too, in overall.

3. He still worked on new mini-games for a whole remaining S3 EPs and I bet most of them will remain in S4 as well. He didn't do a lot of mentioned above for EP9 and during EP9 dev cycle, except the party planner. Let's guess that it also took from 2 to 4 weeks of development.

If EP10 release date will be set at Dec, 1 then it means that current 10th Episode was in development for 11 months (16-Dec-23 was the EP9 release and we subtracting the 2 weeks vacation time from dev cycle).

Now I don't really believe that the disappeared need to develop new mini-games, as well as increased hardware performance can help a lot. Because the first is leveled by the ever-increasing complexity of coding and tracking all branches of the story, and the second, as it turned out, is leveled by 60 fps animations. I have no doubt that he will do 90% of the animations at 60 fps in all the following episodes, with the possible exception for sfw animations. In general, all lewd scenes at least. But still, the lack of the need to mess with mini-games and the well-established rendering capacities and capabilities and the lack of the need to do anything with hardware are encouraging and inspires some optimism. In fact, he can now really fully concentrate on creating a new episode. Therefore, all other things being equal, and if he does not decide to make 6500-7000 renderings and 400 animations for EP 11, then 9 months sounds dope and logical.

Be a realist, hope as optimist, prepare for worst as pessimist :HideThePain:
I think exactly the same, but I believe ep11 will come out in December. The title theme of ep11 will probably be Christmas and New Year's Eve and there's no way I believe he'll release an episode on January 1 or 3. That's ridiculous.
But about ep 12 I'm sure it will come out in January 2026.

iggy.

Mar 24, 2022
Since beta started few days ago, let's say on Nov 13th, I hope Dec 1st is the release date. There is a lot of content, and I hope they wont discover major issues/bugs that break the game. My prediction is he will announce the episode on Nov 27th.

Reactions: Kpyna and KaiserST
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes