Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
music is ok i guess... more than 11 months dev-shedule is not. Ill still pay for the episode, but it has to be really good, cause ep9 was not. Ep11 has to be done sooner, a lot sooner. for about 4500 renders i would say, it has to be about 8 months. i would be fine with 9 months if render count would be 5k and animations are about 250-300, but 11 (this time its near 12) months or more is just way too long, even 9 months is not good but considered that every dev increased their shedule without adding much more content to their games (or give out less) its kinda fair to give him that.

But anyway, EP10 has to deliver on so many things, cause ep9 was really not my thing, and looking bad to most optinions, iam not alone here. Overall ep9 was not much more than a huge filler episode. EP10 needs to make up for that. If ep10 cant deliver here, i dont think i will pay for ep11 again.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
But anyway, EP10 has to deliver on so many things, cause ep9 was really not my thing, and looking bad to most optinions, iam not alone here. Overall ep9 was not much more than a huge filler episode. EP10 needs to make up for that. If ep10 cant deliver here, i dont think i will pay for ep11 again.
The way people keep talking, 10 will be the same as 9. One big freeroam minigame. If they're right, I'll be done after all these years. 9 was simply horrid.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
That is the complete Season 3 so far and in a time when games often reach sizes of 50...100...150...200 GB...12 is like an update for a lot of these games. :HideThePain:
You can bet the whole Season 3 will be more than 20 GB.

I'll be optimistic again (I don't learn lessons :ROFLMAO: nor in a hard way nor on practice).

EP11 - September '24 release :HideThePain: If it was me 9 months ago I would say July, but no, DPC killed the most dare optimist in me.

Little explanation:

1. DPC went for a 2 weeks vacation this year.

2. DPC did a full upgrade of his rendering rigs AND added some new ones, all this almost took time, because he did that on himself. Buying, rebuilding old PCs / building new PCs, installing OS, testing them, copying all settings, setting up software, testing again, etc tooks a lot of time even if you are expirienced. Let's guess it was around and minimum 2 weeks too, in overall.

3. He still worked on new mini-games for a whole remaining S3 EPs and I bet most of them will remain in S4 as well. He didn't do a lot of mentioned above for EP9 and during EP9 dev cycle, except the party planner. Let's guess that it also took from 2 to 4 weeks of development.

If EP10 release date will be set at Dec, 1 then it means that current 10th Episode was in development for 11 months (16-Dec-23 was the EP9 release and we subtracting the 2 weeks vacation time from dev cycle).

Now I don't really believe that the disappeared need to develop new mini-games, as well as increased hardware performance can help a lot. Because the first is leveled by the ever-increasing complexity of coding and tracking all branches of the story, and the second, as it turned out, is leveled by 60 fps animations. I have no doubt that he will do 90% of the animations at 60 fps in all the following episodes, with the possible exception for sfw animations. In general, all lewd scenes at least. But still, the lack of the need to mess with mini-games and the well-established rendering capacities and capabilities and the lack of the need to do anything with hardware are encouraging and inspires some optimism. In fact, he can now really fully concentrate on creating a new episode. Therefore, all other things being equal, and if he does not decide to make 6500-7000 renderings and 400 animations for EP 11, then 9 months sounds dope and logical.

Be a realist, hope as optimist, prepare for worst as pessimist :HideThePain:

I forgive you
because you're still a greenhorn user (compared to us oldtimers).

See you at Xmas 2024.

Back on topic of the next update.

I wonder where all the "where's the abandoned tag" trolls now?
hmmm??
Where are you fags now? Nothing to say?
Yeah, that's what I thought, stay under your fucking bridges!
:ROFLMAO:
Come on, no one ever thought it.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
You can bet the whole Season 3 will be more than 20 GB.
That would be what? Ep. 12 in two years? The 60 FPS animations probably didn't help with this, but outside of that an render is a render. If you don't want to have it in crappy quality it will just have a certain size, not much DPC can do about that outside of making the game smaller.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
The way people keep talking, 10 will be the same as 9. One big freeroam minigame. If they're right, I'll be done after all these years. 9 was simply horrid.
Nah bro, dont get negative so close to the end of the long wait. Looking at all the previews, Ep10 looks to be much more alike to Ep1-8 than 9.

I think the earliest we could get another episode like 9 is in Season 4.

Hang in there, in 2-3-4 Weeks you'll know. (y)

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Actually, Bella's dead baby theory is a good one.

The basic idea is that James left after after a miscarriage/died in childbirth. Which would be a huge stressor on a marriage.

So the locked room is a nursery Bella keeps locked up. The stress of losing a child broke them up. That would explain why she keeps talking about James as if he's alive, he didn't just go out for a pack of smokes and kept going.

It would also explain why Jill and Bella are BFFs, they went to a support group together, since Jill also lost her sister. It would also explain why those two are so tight, despite differing personalities.
WRONG! Jill is tight because she’s a stuck up virgin and Bella is tight because she hasn’t fucked/touched herself since James took his micropenis and left.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

All right, here we go. It's time for the final status update for episode 10.

Special Announcement
Today, I'm pleased to announce a collaboration with a punk rock band named Dirty Toy Company.

Dirty Toy Company has graciously provided songs for Being a DIK, and their song "Over the Horizon" will be the title song of Being a DIK - Season 3 going forward.

With a punk rock sound, full of heavy and melodic riffs with attitude, I'm proud to shine a spotlight on them in the game and have them elevate it with their music.

On top of "Over the Horizon", you will also hear their songs "Stand and Fight" and "Burn You Down" in the game - starting Episode 10.

Please show our new Maggot brothers a warm welcome to the DIK family.

You can support them by giving them a follow or stream on Spotify - all their social media links can be found .

Beta testing
Beta testing started this week. Testers and proofreader are hard at work.

Bugs and typos are being found and fixed, and they have an extensive checklist of things to test.

It's too early to say how things are going, as they've only had their hands on the episode for a couple of days and have just scratched the surface.

Patch information
The full game .zip file (v0.10.0) will be roughly 12 GB and the patch hovers around 5 GB.

The patch will only work on v0.9.0/v0.9.1 releases - meaning that if you only have episode Interlude, you must download the full version.

If you don't know how to patch or if this will be your first Patreon release, I'd recommend downloading the full version, with episode 10, when it releases.

If you are patching, make backup copies of your game before patching. Never patch Season 1 & 2 with Season 3 files. Doing this will corrupt your game. Treat Season 3 as a separate game, and you will avoid these problems.

Preliminary Changelog v0.10.0
I only listed the new content in this section. The full changelog will be included in the release.

-- Changelog v0.10.0 --

Added Episode 10 that includes

5868 renders

335 animations

8 2D-art pieces

4 2D-art animations

31 songs

65 sound effects

Regarding the release date announcement
As this was the final status update for episode 10, my next communication with you will be the release date announcement. It will be a December release, and I will be able to announce the date sometime this month, so stay tuned for it.

Thanks for your tremendous support and interest during this development cycle!

Big or small donations, you guys who stick with me throughout these development cycles are the MVPs.

I hope you will enjoy the upcoming episode.

Love

Dr PinkCake
Josy look realllly fucking sexy :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I don't think so. We've seen too many previews done in different locations.
The only thing to be afraid of is a lot of dialog. He will probably use dialogs to stretch the gameplay.
I prefer dialogue to freeroam/minigames. I have the minigames turned off for a reason.

As long as the dialogue has a fair number of choices and different permutations I'm overall fine with that.
100% agree.

Nah bro, dont get negative so close to the end of the long wait. Looking at all the previews, Ep10 looks to be much more alike to Ep1-8 than 9.

I think the earliest we could get another episode like 9 is in Season 4.

Hang in there, in 2-3-4 Weeks you'll know. (y)
I am hanging in there. I'll only throw in the towel if it's the same as 9 or worse.

Jul 14, 2023
So...Chapter 10, it seems like a topic of discussion...so I'm going to throw in a curveball! Dark Cookie has possessed DPC and convinced him that delaying the updates and the game...will make him shitloads of money on his Patreon site.
However, maybe DPC has decided to remake the game from scratch...tabula rasa and all that! All the major gaming developers are doing it...Capcom have literally reinvented themselves remaking their Resident Evil back catalogue!
If DarkCookie has possessed him though, I am going to contact William Peter Blatty and see if he knows any good Jesuit Priests who can do exorcisms!

Reactions: hakuna-matata
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes