Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I'll be optimistic again (I don't learn lessons :ROFLMAO: nor in a hard way nor on practice).

EP11 - September '24 release :HideThePain: If it was me 9 months ago I would say July, but no, DPC killed the most dare optimist in me.

Little explanation:

1. DPC went for a 2 weeks vacation this year.

2. DPC did a full upgrade of his rendering rigs AND added some new ones, all this almost took time, because he did that on himself. Buying, rebuilding old PCs / building new PCs, installing OS, testing them, copying all settings, setting up software, testing again, etc tooks a lot of time even if you are expirienced. Let's guess it was around and minimum 2 weeks too, in overall.

3. He still worked on new mini-games for a whole remaining S3 EPs and I bet most of them will remain in S4 as well. He didn't do a lot of mentioned above for EP9 and during EP9 dev cycle, except the party planner. Let's guess that it also took from 2 to 4 weeks of development.

If EP10 release date will be set at Dec, 1 then it means that current 10th Episode was in development for 11 months (16-Dec-23 was the EP9 release and we subtracting the 2 weeks vacation time from dev cycle).

Now I don't really believe that the disappeared need to develop new mini-games, as well as increased hardware performance can help a lot. Because the first is leveled by the ever-increasing complexity of coding and tracking all branches of the story, and the second, as it turned out, is leveled by 60 fps animations. I have no doubt that he will do 90% of the animations at 60 fps in all the following episodes, with the possible exception for sfw animations. In general, all lewd scenes at least. But still, the lack of the need to mess with mini-games and the well-established rendering capacities and capabilities and the lack of the need to do anything with hardware are encouraging and inspires some optimism. In fact, he can now really fully concentrate on creating a new episode. Therefore, all other things being equal, and if he does not decide to make 6500-7000 renderings and 400 animations for EP 11, then 9 months sounds dope and logical.

Be a realist, hope as optimist, prepare for worst as pessimist :HideThePain:
I was just as optimistic as soon as I came here. But reality turned out to be full of disappointments, and I no longer rely on optimistic forecasts, knowing the DPC. He will always come up with something new to add, something that can be “improved” - not in the direction in which it is necessary. So you need to set aside at least a year for a new cycle.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Real talk, the band would look a lot better if it was Sage and the HOTs instead of the main girls.

The only girl other than Sage who looks like they belong is Josy.
I mean...the obvious idea was that they would be the main LIs and not top pick the women from the game who would fit better into a punk band. Don't make a science out of it. :KEK:

Reactions: ChipLecsap

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
I was just as optimistic as soon as I came here. But reality turned out to be full of disappointments, and I no longer rely on optimistic forecasts, knowing the DPC. He will always come up with something new to add, something that can be “improved” - not in the dire
ction in which it is necessary. So you need to set aside at least a year for a new cycle.
Just thinking about the quality of the beer bottles turns me on!

How are you not like this? Perfectionist DPC making the beer bottles perfect
1700245161119.png

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I was just as optimistic as soon as I came here. But reality turned out to be full of disappointments, and I no longer rely on optimistic forecasts, knowing the DPC. He will always come up with something new to add, something that can be “improved” - not in the direction in which it is necessary. So you need to set aside at least a year for a new cycle.
At least you youngins will be around long enough to grow old and frustrated with this. Dpc's great grandkid will probably finally say: "Fuck this shit!" and finally finish the game.

• Haha
Reactions: 19Castiel23

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Just thinking about the quality of the beer bottles turns me on!

How are you not like this? Perfectionist DPC making the beer bottles perfect
View attachment 3094148
Don't forget about the animation of opening a beer bottle at 60 FPS :LUL:
At least you youngins will be around long enough to grow old and frustrated with this. Dpc's great grandkid will probably finally say: "Fuck this shit!" and finally finish the game.
I probably will be 40 when this game ends.

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
The big wine and champagne bottles those are sexy
scene: darkwen pulls josy into an empty room at the preps party.
josy: no, im not doing that, youre crazy lol
darkwen:im telling you, put the bottle between your legs, and pop off into my mouth, it will be soo sexy
josy: omg, youre serious.............i need to talk to maya about this throuple thing.

lmao jk dark

• Haha
Reactions: Darkwen

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Dude...

Look again at the numbers.

5868 renders

335 animations

8 2D-art pieces

4 2D-art animations

31 songs

65 sound effects

Its a shit ton of content, it's worth the download size.

I really hope you are wrong lol
I mean, what's an extra week at this point? At least we can say it'll be before Ep 9 released last year ... right?:oops:
This might be unpopular opinion, but I really fucking hate punk rock/indie rock music. Then again, I am a huge hiphop head. Ep 9 was so refreshing with more dance/rap tracks. I get it the vibes and all, it's inspired by early 2000's coming of age american movies, but I honestly don't know any college kids who listen to rock these days
I'm the same way but it's not too bad. I think of it as a break from what I usually listen to. Plus growing up on those kinds of movies because of all the older siblings, cousins, etc. I had makes me feel nostalgic.
The way people keep talking, 10 will be the same as 9. One big freeroam minigame. If they're right, I'll be done after all these years. 9 was simply horrid.
Nah, say it ain't so. Giant free roams are just a nightmare. I was already reaching my limits with Ep 7's Hot Party and Ep 9 just obliterated my will to even replay it.

Reactions: KaiserST

crabboid

Sep 7, 2019
It has been ages since I’ve messed with this game (I’m talking a couple of years), but my antennae perked up recently when I heard someone say that Sage has a mom, so I thought I’d check back in here.

MILFs are my favorite in WEGs, so I was wondering how true this is, and how far (if at all) you can get with this hypothetical character.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
A quick cut scene would have been perfect. Zoey seems to be a cool character and I expected her return from drama purposes. We didn't need a story dedicated to her and her meth head, hepatitis, disease ridden, vermin infested friends.
i agree :KEK:

mz.gif

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
scene: darkwen pulls josy into an empty room at the preps party.
josy: no, im not doing that, youre crazy lol
darkwen:im telling you, put the bottle between your legs, and pop off into my mouth, it will be soo sexy
josy: omg, youre serious.............i need to talk to maya about this throuple thing.

lmao jk dark
I was thinking of that photo of Kim Kardashian when she pops open a bottle and there a glass on her ass, Josy can pull that off :love: :love: :love:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: chuck69

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Nah, say it ain't so. Giant free roams are just a nightmare. I was already reaching my limits with Ep 7's Hot Party and Ep 9 just obliterated my will to even replay it.
Just what people are saying. The HOTs party was a pain, but 9 was a nightmare. Not to mention on my path of choice, there was no payoff. At least 99.9% of people had a lewd time. Me? I got squat, except breaking Derek's heart and punching two idiots.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: allanl9020142
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes