Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Josy really felt...weird in this episode. If you meet of with her on the M/J path she pretty much doesn't even mention Maya while Maya is all "this feels weird without Josy. So I guess the story well be, that Josy is more in love with the MC and at some point dump Maya.
It has always been like this (unpopular opinion, but this is why I've personally never liked Josy): Josy always seems so eager to forget about Maya to be with MC. This is even more noticeable if MC is the one who reject them. After the prep party, is Josy who vocally says she can't stop thinking about him. During the HOTs party, she's the one who keeps blatantly flirting and saying MC she thinks they would have worked together. In this last update, even if MC is in a relationship with Sage or Jill and she knows it, she wears lingerie if MC choses to spend Friday night with her, and again mentions she can't forget about him.

Maya might not be a majority favorite, but despite still having feelings for MC, she lets him be happy and never persues him as aggressively as Josy, cause Maya actually cares about her feelings and she also wouldn't want to intrude in his relationship if he's taking. As a matter of fact, if MC spends Friday night with her and confesses he still has feelings for her, Maya gets upset and tells him she's with Josy and he shouldn't be telling her those things.

IMO Josy didn't felt weird, it's just that it's more evident the way she has always felt.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
It has always been like this (unpopular opinion, but this is why I've personally never liked Josy): Josy always seems so eager to forget about Maya to be with MC. This is even more noticeable if MC is the one who reject them. After the prep party, is Josy who vocally says she can't stop thinking about him. During the HOTs party, she's the one who keeps blatantly flirting and saying MC she thinks they would have worked together. In this last update, even if MC is in a relationship with Sage or Jill and she knows it, she wears lingerie if MC choses to spend Friday night with her, and again mentions she can't forget about him.

Maya might not be a majority favorite, but despite still having feelings for MC, she lets him be happy and never persues him as aggressively as Josy, cause Maya actually cares about her feelings and she also wouldn't want to intrude in his relationship if he's taking. As a matter of fact, if MC spends Friday night with her and confesses he still has feelings for her, Maya gets upset and tells him she's with Josy and he shouldn't be telling her those things.

IMO Josy didn't felt weird, it's just that it's more evident the way she has always felt.
Maya sure enough behaved a lot more like a grown up, yes.

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
Because Tiffani and Katie are almost the same character ( ). :LOL:
Maybe it's my presbyopia, but I don't see such a resemblance. I mean, they could be based on the same basic asset, but the customizations tells them apart quite strongly.

Anyway... I love them both :HideThePain:

flosliwa

May 10, 2018
Really great update... Can't say more than that. It's a bit weird because graphically speaking, some really push this far away from what DPK delivers right now. So ok not even more the best renders so far but the storytelling... This is the point where IMO he goes so far... I remember the first time I played Acting Lessons, it was my first real "something" with a VN novel. He's pushing the storytelling so far, it's just incredible. You believe in the characters, they could be your friends ! I've played all routes so far, they all have their own interests, legacies, impact on the story(ies). So ok... Now each time we pretty have to wait for a year to get the next update, but I really believe it worths it... Amazing job, thanks for that !

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Josy really felt...weird in this episode. If you meet of with her on the M/J path she pretty much doesn't even mention Maya while Maya is all "this feels weird without Josy. So I guess the story well be, that Josy is more in love with the MC and at some point dump Maya.
Yes, because Maya was not drunk this time :p . She don't care about whether Josy is there or not in episode 8 and 9, when she was drunk:whistle:.

Reactions: blabla0991

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I have two Jill paths; one’s CHICK and one’s Neutral. I did the CHICK path a few days ago and am now doing the Neutral one to see what’s different. Very, very little is… except now Tremolo has the option to go ’shrooming instead of giving the antidrug lecture.

View attachment 3165718

Too bad I already know he doesn’t get the chance to nail her in her elf outfit. That would’ve rocked.

The other big disappointment is Beer Pong. It could’ve been the most awesome mini-game ever, because there are so many potential trash-talk things Tremolo could say, or distractions he could throw out there, and all of them hilarious. Or attempts at encouragement… or sarcasm poorly disguised as encouragement. Instead it repeats itself. It’s like DPC decided, “Well, college parties have beer pong, so it should make an appearance… but nah; this has become tiresome; everybody likes ‘math’ games better anyway.” Ugh.

Oh, but you get the potential “reward” of a naked girl? Big whoop. All Tremolo needs to get a naked girl is to tell every single girl who’d risk getting naked for Beer Pong, “Hey, wanna hang out in my tent?” Then off come the panties, and in goes the pink torpedo. His only real challenge is talking them into anal, and we already know which of them is down to offer brown.

Well, off to explore the Magic Kingdom again.
Basically, the biggest difference in this episode between neutral and chick is that the best choice with Patrick is the chick one. Same in episode 9 when the best choice with Oscar and Josy was the chick one.

That's why I think that even though you can date Jill, Maya&Josy being neutral, the best outcome is the chick one.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Yes, because Maya was not drunk this time :p . She don't care about whether Josy is there or not in episode 8 and 9, when she was drunk:whistle:.
They still were together at the same party though. This time one is at home while the other two have fun.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
This depends on how the father sees you. On the paths I had been nice in the past (when you met him in Mayas dorm for the first time), you get the documents. On my "massive DIK"-paths the father discovers the missing key, gets it back before you leave the house and you end the episode without the documents.

There are two different ways to end e10: with or without the documents.

Edit: I'm not sure which decision in the past leads to this exactly, I just guess that the first impression back then may be the factor if he mistrusts you and checks for the key or if he didn't check so you can turn around and go back for the documents. But on my 7 paths I ended like 4 times with the documents and 3 times without them at the end.
If you have dik alignment when you meet him in Maya's dorm he won't like you: you have to be neutral at least.

As usual, the lesson DrPinkCake always want to give us players is that you reap what you sow. So, Quinn fans, you're warned!

camube

Jun 4, 2022
You can turn 'em off (except for the garbage collecting game because that's the way for DPC to torture us). Even if they're turned on, just type on the console "minigames = False" (case sensitive).

But, even so, I got bored after one replay because (except for Jill's) there's nothing but chit-chat or scenes that I can see in the gallery unlocked.
I don't want to replay from the beginning to make multiple playthrough of "no minigames". I didn't have the foresight that DPC would go this far for minigames.

can i ask how do you go to console? And does it have the possibility of breaking next episode?

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
They still were together at the same party though. This time one is at home while the other two have fun.
excuse, excuse, episode 7, is the same too, neither of them mention the other when you pick to hang out with one of them, well Actually Josy mention Maya more often than Maya mentioning Josy , even in this episode Josy is like " oh you need to do everything to help Maya "

oh and btw, in episode 5, if you choose Josy, she mention that may be we should go back to Maya, she is waiting , , while Maya is all like, " I will tell Josy later, right now I'm drunk and Horny "

suddenly people started to antagonising Josy for some reason and it's starting to piss me off. oh bruh-hu Maya dad is an asshole poor Maya, like we didnt know any of it, she just a valmart version of Mellisa from Acting Lessons. :p :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: blabla0991

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
If you have dik alignment when you meet him in Maya's dorm he won't like you: you have to be neutral at least.

As usual, the lesson DrPinkCake always want to give us players is that you reap what you sow. So, Quinn fans, you're warned!
Nah, i easily got the documents being a huge dik, just be polite to him, dont let him catch you upstairs and dont punch his face and your gucci anyway

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Nah, i easily got the documents being a huge dik, just be polite to him, dont let him catch you upstairs and dont punch his face and your gucci anyway
Well, honestly, you have to be a huge moron (a massive dik?) if you punch him and/or let him find you upstairs.

I really don't like MC as a massive dik.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Josy is more in love with Mc and one will dump Maya my guess 11 or 12, I might had misunderstood you she does say do it for Maya
In J/M's relationship journey, both of them are in love with the MC. Remember: if you played correctly, all three will be in agreement at the end of EP9, so there will be no competition between them.

However, we learn that Josy has had a long-standing crush on the MC because she has an old Rooster picture of the MC on her phone. How old is the rooster avatar? Maybe Maya has that old avatar picture of the MC too?

In EP9, the MC can ask Maya what picture she is masturbating to, and Maya then asks Josy the same thing. Both prefer to drink. Then in EP10 the MC discovers his old rooster avatar picture on Josy's phone. Both have had a crush on the MC for a long time. Where did she get the MC's old avatar picture? The MC stayed in touch with Zoey through Rooster while she was in San Diego. That's why they have the image. They followed Zoeys and the MC's Rooster Clucks.

I'm just wondering if Maya got her piercing done in San Diego? Maybe the piercing was Emma's?

I noticed something else that is very strange.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I noticed something else that is very strange.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:eek:
There is nothing strange about this, You can tell Josy in episode 5 you prefer a bit of bush, and this is her surprise to MC, that is why this scene has 2 variant, it's a nice thing finally from DPC

Bootyman92

Jun 25, 2022
I see that a lot of people here still dismiss Patrick (Maya's father) as absolute scum, but after this episode my view of him became much more sympathetic. We learned he took care of his whole family (chronically ill wife and two children) almost by himself for many years, which must have been extremely hard and tiring. This experience would certainly break many people. Even though it doesn't change the fact that what Patrick does to Maya (trying to control her adult life, using physical force against her) is wrong and shouldn't be allowed, saying simply that he is 'a scum' is just plain stupid. This entire situation is very hard to judge objectively.

Certainly Maya, even though she is a victim, doesn't make things better with her behavior. She seems to be completely oblivious to the hardships of her family and just cares about being validated and supported in every way. She is ungrateful for the things her father suffered for many years for the family's well-being. She never tried to work to support herself financially. She takes money from her father (who supports the entire household by himself) to pursue a dream career by studying social work in college, but at the same time opposes his efforts to influence her way of life. Adulthood doesn't work that way. Either you become independent economically and then have the ability to shape your own future - or you accept financial dependence on your family, but then you should accept that the family supporting you will have some leverage over you and can make demands. Stephen Burke rightfully pointed that out to Maya in Episode 9 when he suggested maybe she should drop out from college for now, seek a job, work to become independent and then return for education.

Maya's father certainly abuses his power over her, but it doesn't change the fact that Maya acts like a irresponsible, ungrateful moron. Her only actual skill is playing the victim.
I'm going to clash your view on Maya with this:

Yes, Patrick is a dedicated family man, who has given a lot for his family. And given the difficulty of their situation with Helen's health, I can definitely sympathize that it is not easy for him.

However, his approach to his relationship with Maya is completely wrong. Coercing his daughter into obeying him because they have opposing beliefs on her relationship is very damaging.

As a Christian myself, I don't judge same sex relationships because it is not my place to.

Maya isn't a spoiled brat who's insisting on having her way and being coddled with every decision she makes. She's a good daughter who has a dream to assist others through the social work she is studying towards. She's also a daughter who has a complicated relationship with her father because she is afraid of him. The one person who is meant to be a safe place for her, and protect, guide and love her is forcibly controlling towards her simply because he doesn't agree with her sexuality. She can't trust him with anything she's feeling or going through because she is afraid that he will judge and hurt her for that. And that is a seriously miserable relationship for a parent and child to be in.

No parent has the right to forcibly impose their beliefs or way of thinking on their child. Parents have the responsibility to raise and guide their children to the best of their ability to be capable adults, because there will be a day where their children will have to go on without them. Not to mention, I'd feel terrible if my own child couldn't trust me, because that speaks volumes about the kind of parent I'd be.

Patrick needs to realize that if he continues to go down this path, his relationship with Maya will always be fractured and complicated. And there is a definite possibility that should Maya gain her independence, their relationship will be severely limited. I've seen instances like this happen and it's something the parent always comes to regret.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes