ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
He isnt a "good christian" (and they are usually the worst anyway *cough*), he's just doing this stuff in his misguided dedication for his wife, shes the religious one, he's just trying to make her dreams (grandkids) come true. I even get the feeling he doesnt care at all about maya's sexuality but feels like its his obligation to his wife to shove maja in a different direction (which is of course wrong and misguided).

And of course the way he treats maya sucks badly and is abusive but he became that way because its just too much shit to handle for him in his life like derek explains. This guy is just broken and he needs help (like therapy) instead of a beat down imo.
I don't care why he became that way, Maya and Derek suffer the same way, but they together as a family would be more stronger, instead he is toxic and ruining everything.

Reactions: ciberma7865

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
This is normal considering Maya's past. Maya learned from her father that men cannot be trusted. The MC solves this blockage for Maya. This distrust has grown over the years and cannot be eliminated in just a few months. But Maya is opening up more and more.

Josy didn't have this disadvantage.
True Maya has been through hell because of her father, but does have Derek but honestly Josy has been through a lot as well but at least her father didn't abuse her

Reactions: dalli_x

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
For me that's weird that Maya still treat Patrick good and even feels something for him. She panicked when MC hit Patrick and became worried about him. She too kind.
The pragmatic approach is clear to me - Patrick is useful because he takes care of Helen and is the only one who earns money in the family. But I can’t understand this emotional attachment to him; with Derek it’s even more pronounced. Guys, your father has turned into a monster.

• Angry
Reactions: Darg

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Assistance needed! I used to play on my pc till it broke now i want to play the new update on android, but i really don't feel like playing the first two seasons again. Can anyone tell if there is a way of getting persistent and save files for the latest update on android.
correct me if iam wrong... there wasnt an official android version. The one for season 1+2 is fanmade as far as i know and not continued for season 3.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
True Maya has been through hell because of her father, but does have Derek but honestly Josy has been through a lot as well but at least her father didn't abuse her
I doubt that Josy life is all Miss Sunshine. Every character is damaged in this game one way or another, Josy just simply didnt get the spotlight yet to explore it.
it took us 10 episode to finally see the whole picture with Derek and Maya

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
For me that's weird that Maya still treat Patrick good and even feels something for him. She panicked when MC hit Patrick and became worried about him. She too kind.
The pragmatic approach is clear to me - Patrick is useful because he takes care of Helen and is the only one who earns money in the family. But I can’t understand this emotional attachment to him; with Derek it’s even more pronounced. Guys, your father has turned into a monster.
well, abused victims often try to find excuses for their abusers especially if they are family related persons.
Derek crying at the end , said everything I needed to know

ciberma7865

Jan 13, 2020
I doubt that Josy life is all Miss Sunshine. Every character is damaged in this game one way or another, Josy just simply didnt get the spotlight yet to explore it.
it took us 10 episode to finally see the whole picture with Derek and Maya
We do know that Josy as a lot of anxiety, about her height and how people see her in general. With ep 10 we are now sure that she "hide" a part of her past (she doesn't want to show old photo of herself)

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
well, abused victims often try to find excuses for their abusers especially if they are family related persons.
Derek crying at the end , said everything I needed to know
Stockholm Syndrome. Quite possibly a defensive reaction of one’s own mind.

I have more respect for Derek after this update... although he acts a little cringe in other ways.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
We do know that Josy as a lot of anxiety, about her height and how people see her in general. With ep 10 we are now sure that she "hide" a part of her past (she doesn't want to show old photo of herself)
that's not what I get form it, but sure. :ROFLMAO:

Raphael77

Aug 14, 2017
Stockholm Syndrome. Quite possibly a defensive reaction of one’s own mind.

I have more respect for Derek after this update... although he acts a little cringe in other ways.
Is always easier to judge when standing from the outside with our own standards and life experiences, "things have to work like that", but you're not really at the best spot to view the whole situation. you only get one family, you don't know everything that happened, how it evolved, no one is ever perfect and indeed you can tend to relativize and balance things out, it's no stockholm syndrome, as derek himself says at the end, he "doesn't except you to understand", but is not as easy as a black or white answer

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
He's clearly religious as is shown him praying and "talking" with his "entity" in his job. Actually, in the end of Episode 10, it looks like his wife has lost faith.

But I agree with second part ("And of course..."). Imagine being like this for about 15 years...
It was shown in the beginning (as helen was still well) that he wasnt religious at all while she was. His prayer wasnt really sincere and more like a last hope action as he felt entirely hopeless at this point imo. And him carrying on the torch of being religious is imo not really his own belief and more the devotion for his wife.

There isnt much left of the woman he loved in general, the woman he loved was deeply religious and careing, while helen nowadays has lost faith and tells him stuff like he wasnt her true love (try to cope with that while sacrificing your whole life for someone..) due to her sickness.

I may relate to him and his struggels kinda, my grandmother was a sweet and careing women too until she got dementia, afterwards she became really mean to her two daughters (my mom and aunt) which was really hard to cope with for them even knowing its the sickness speaking. And enduring something like that every day for 15 years? That just destroys you, maybe thats why i give him some slack (like maja and derek do too).

I really liked the mc's neutral direction. Shouting at patrick is fine and maybe even helps to make him realise his abusive behavior towards maya being confronted with it by someone from outside. While punching him .. yeah nah ..

C0atal

Jan 24, 2022
How does one bring up the Console?
To open the Console in Ren'py press CTRL+O and select commands could be used to change variables, etc
but it must first be enabled in the ren'py system files that the game uses, as it is off by default
to enable this you need to open the game folder, and you will see a ren'py folder, open this and you will see a 00console.rpy file open this, in notepad if you have nothing else, or ideally Atom so it understands the script
scroll down and you will see:
# If true, the console is enabled despite config.developer statement being False.
config.console = False

change this to True, and save the file, and the console will then be enabled

but an easier method for most people i think would be to use a save file editor like last moments here on f95

"https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-save-editor-v1-6-1-last-moment.6456/

you can simply open any existing save and change details, in this case to deactivate minigames, type "mini" into search, and untick search filters, there are 2 minigame variables just change them both to false, from true and apply changes
then reload the save and the minigames are gone
can also be used to change affinity/relation points, and money amounts

Valithor

May 2, 2017
There's actually some skill/tactics involved in manipulating your chances and AP gain. E.g. one very effective strategy to win is to use "Focus" command for a number of rounds, to significantly raise your chance of landing even the basic hits, and then instead of Rest you'd need for the more advanced moves repeatedly using Distract to absolutely destroy your opponent's chances to hit anything.
Imho taunting is the best strategy. Open with arc, taunt the shit out of your opponent and use the free ball. (I usually leave them below 50% on arc, and then alternate between focus taunt and rest), never lost with this strat, i fell like taunt is a bit too strong. (Or I'm being lucky)

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I think differences between each paths are marginal this time. After choosing one path (girl/girls) it lacks "this thing" which was there since beginning, freedom maybe. Sticking to one path causes much less casual interaction with other girls (which earlier was leading to sex in most scenarios) and this takes a lot from the story. Earlier because of whoring around MC talked with a lot of people, it was more alive to me, now being faithful to one there is barely any interests in others life like theirs lifes are exclusive for chosen path. I don't see reason not to visit Bella or check HOTs house with Sage or Camila or whoever. I understand being faithful or whatever but it doesn't seem we cannot interact with any other girl we choose and it doesn't need lead to sex. We can just be casual friend right?
This is, unfortunately pretty typical for VNs which make the player choose their RO eventually -- the "common route" features all potential candidates and has a lot of interactions with everyone, and then once the player chooses it is like you say, other characters largely disappear, and the route becomes limited to just the chosen character.

I have similar dislike for it, although BaDIK at least for the time being isn't so bad in this regard, with Isabella/Jill and Josy/Maya interactions (plus the whole Maya Mission Impossible plot) no matter what path the player is on.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes