Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
agree. such an important character cannot be optional in the playthroughs.
She could still be important (theoretically), but her scenes can't have much impact outside of minor dialogue changes here and there on that. So having 3 scenes with her (that are totally disconnected to anything else) really makes no sense either way.

DanR.

Jan 18, 2018
Is anyone else having problems with any of their saves being used and not going past the first question the doctor asked in the beginning of episode 10? nothing I do, it just closes the whole game.

Do I need to restart entire new game from 8.3?

DoodTheDude

Jun 19, 2020
Hello,

It's been a few patches already that I can't open Mixed or 2D Rewards (game crashes, can't ignore the crash).

Does anyone know a fix please?

Log:

Rich (BB code):
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 22, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 180, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 181, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 187, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 187, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 22, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 180, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 181, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 187, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 187, in <module>
  File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.10.0
Thu Dec 14 16:11:35 2023

Reactions: cameddie

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Making the most intimate,deepest love in the highest spheres.. :giggle::giggle:
If there is no one for you,a hole is a hole..
screenshot0011.png
screenshot0012.png

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
I think so too, it has to be him. The Style of his clothing is similar to what we see from the grandfather in the beginning.

Even if he's not the one, im pretty sure the grandfather is watching the mc from afar. Lynette's Diary was some kind of message imo, it never made any sense to me to get a inheritance 19 years later. The grandad will acknowledge the mc sooner or later, hes the only thing his daughter left behind.

And to be fair its somewhat reasonable for the granddad to hold some kind of grudge against neil. How long did Lynette and Neil know each other? A year or 1,5 years max or am i wrong?

He didnt wanted his daughter to be with neil, she did it anyway, got immediatly knocked up and died durign childbirth, its very tragic for everyone involved including the grandfather.

Another question: What happens on the dates with Sage and Quinn if Rusty has to sell his car? Do they walk on foot or take the bus? :D
And I can imagine that if the MC is on Jill's path, the Grandad will meddle. He'll want to ensure his grandchild stays with the blue bloods. Queue all sorts of Drama as the Grandad interferes with their new relationship via the Royce family. Bonus points if he declares who the MC is in front of Tybalt

Reactions: dav3knight

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Like i said

Like i said, i lowered difficulty and yes i did tutorial but when actually fighting, even against Troy, it just goes too fast. I just can't hit keys that fast on my keyboard. I never was a fast typer so im a bit slow i guess
That's strange, because I don't think it's any faster than the old brawler game with the same basic mechanics, and you seem to be fine with that. All the changes were really around the peripherals, not the core game control itself. Unless you fell into the trap of not clicking the difficulty a second time to permanently to lower the difficulty, then well, unfortunately joke's on you.

elumiknotty

Jun 30, 2023
Is anyone else having problems with any of their saves being used and not going past the first question the doctor asked in the beginning of episode 10? nothing I do, it just closes the whole game.

Do I need to restart entire new game from 8.3?
There's a fix file that's been shared probably 10 times in this thread, as recently as last night. Just check back a few pages.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Any way to turn off the flashing colored lights from the party? they still running on all my saves into episode 10
In the console, paste this line "hide screen dance_filter_screen" without quotations.

The lights are stuck on if you leave the dance floor using fast travel. If you're still at the Halloween party, if you leave the dance floor using the arrow or go into Tommy's room behind the curtain, they will turn off.

Reactions: halfbaked

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
The flashback to summer at the lake with Derek and Lynn (end of Episode 3) doesn't support the view that solo paths would be a disaster. Josy and Maya had known each other for a long time--plenty of time to get together if they were likely to fall deeply in love--yet Josey's plan was to move away from Maya and never see her again.

As for Maya, she didn't feel much sexual tension with Josy. When Josey kissed Maya for the first time in Maya's tent, Maya's reaction is shock. She asks, "What are you doing?"

This is just one example. There is plenty of evidence that Josy and Maya, like many young women who need to feel more secure in their lives at a particular time, are lovers by convenience.

Josy is clearly crushing on MC in a way that she never has with Maya. The fact that Maya at first comes across as a lesbian should be no surprise. After the way her father has treated her, a combination of deprivation of affection and strict control over her life, it's no wonder that she is afraid of intimacy with men when the VN starts. Her primary male role model was a source of fear and self-loathing. That does not mean she is not sexually attracted to men. Now that she's experienced a man who is caring (the MC), she appears to be learning that her primary attraction is to men, not women.

In short, Josy and Maya got we they needed out of their relationship while they were both going through a difficult time in their lives (stress of going or not going to college for Josy and Maya's family life). Moving on seems just as likely as any other outcome.

I agree, additionally we never really see any displays off passion or love between the two of them when not on the trouple path. They feel more like fwb's at best. Josy at least will break up with Maya on the others route next ep im sure about it and she thinks in a different way about him than about Maya.

But even on the trouple path its kinda obvious isnt it? They talk about how its not true that the mc simply has two girlfriends yet at the camping party lewd they switch places, one is having fun with the mc while the other one stands guard, they seemingly dont even think about the mc standing guard while they have fun with each other.

The same at the ep9 end talk, they dont even question or talk about how often they had fun with each other, its all about how often each of them had fun with the mc, they are entirely focused on him.

An earlier comment talked about how everything would have been different for the maya and josy relationship if they could meet everyday and have wild sex and cuddles. Yet even at college it seems like they are not doing any of that or at least not very often and to be frank, their communication seems to really suck.

How long were josy and maya even a couple? It doesnt feel like they really had a (mature) relationship at any point at all.

halfbaked

Aug 26, 2020
In the console, paste this line "hide screen dance_filter_screen" without quotations.

The lights are stuck on if you leave the dance floor using fast travel. If you're still at the Halloween party, if you leave the dance floor using the arrow or go into Tommy's room behind the curtain, they will turn off.
Appreciate it, that was driving me crazy.

Reactions: hunterashton21

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
I agree, additionally we never really see any displays off passion or love between the two of them when not on the trouple path. They feel more like fwb's at best. Josy at least will break up with Maya on the others route next ep im sure about it and she thinks in a different way about him than about Maya.

But even on the trouple path its kinda obvious isnt it? They talk about how its not true that the mc simply has two girlfriends yet at the camping party lewd they switch places, one is having fun with the mc while the other one stands guard, they seemingly dont even think about the mc standing guard while they have fun with each other.

The same at the ep9 end talk, they dont even question or talk about how often they had fun with each other, its all about how often each of them had fun with the mc, they are entirely focused on him.

An earlier comment talked about how everything would have been different for the maya and josy relationship if they could meet everyday and have wild sex and cuddles. Yet even at college it seems like they are not doing any of that or at least not very often and to be frank, their communication seems to really suck.

How long were josy and maya even a couple? It doesnt feel like they really had a (mature) relationship at any point at all.
It is easy for discussions of topics like this can slip into sounding like these are real people with real emotions. No, the M&J relationship simply whatever DPK decides it is from moment to moment.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
It is easy for discussions of topics like this can slip into sounding like these are real people with real emotions. No, the M&J relationship simply whatever DPK decides it is from moment to moment.
Who tf is DPK. I keep seeing you say that. Do you mean DPC?

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Are you dense? Mentioning that were talking about a fictional story in an avn, youre really some kind of prohpet arent you? We talk and interpret the hints dpc gave us about the fictional couple josy and maya. Are you able to comprehend it now?

Reactions: ffive
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes