SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
Maybe that's the idea. I mean now Maya does have someone else to go for the threesome with her. We are thinking about it being with the MC, but nowhere it says it needs to be with a guy involved. Maybe they just go for a third girl, or... Some random dude as well, who would say no to Josy and Maya? Besides, imagine the drama.

Neither the MC needs Maya for his goals. The Teacher will probably be Jade anyway, the other? Sex in a public space? Sage almost bang him in the middle of a party, if she REALLY wants to spite Chad, she could do it.

I'm more interested in learning more about Bella and Jill in the next update, and loved the idea about Bella's husband being dead. Maybe the MC saw a picture of him and imagined the guy in a drunken haze. But... After last episode i'm thinking it's probably something a lot worse. It was almost like the game was telling the player to not pursue Bella.
What the game tells you, is that when you open a door, you change everything. You reveal the secrets and dive into a different path of history.

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Maybe that's the idea. I mean now Maya does have someone else to go for the threesome with her. We are thinking about it being with the MC, but nowhere it says it needs to be with a guy involved. Maybe they just go for a third girl, or... Some random dude as well, who would say no to Josy and Maya? Besides, imagine the drama.

Neither the MC needs Maya for his goals. The Teacher will probably be Jade anyway, the other? Sex in a public space? Sage almost bang him in the middle of a party, if she REALLY wants to spite Chad, she could do it.

I'm more interested in learning more about Bella and Jill in the next update, and loved the idea about Bella's husband being dead. Maybe the MC saw a picture of him and imagined the guy in a drunken haze. But... After last episode i'm thinking it's probably something a lot worse. It was almost like the game was telling the player to not pursue Bella.
We're not gonna see Maya and or Josy have sex with another guy, and Maya needs MC's help for her tasks more than he needs hers.

Awwjammit

Apr 23, 2019

This is a link to Punk Rock Flu by The Friday Prophets on YouTube (the theme song of Being a Dik). Funnily enough, there are two threads in the comments about Being a Dik! I say we blow up the comments with stuff about the game!

Reactions: yngve

yngve

Oct 28, 2018
I hope they don't do more forced pledge ''goals'', neither of them, cause I like them

Idk what other options they have (you got to pay for college in the u.s.? it's unavoidable? poor people are forced to this or they are out? that's scarier than the theories about Bella here)

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
I hope they don't do more forced pledge ''goals'', neither of them, cause I like them

Idk what other options they have (you got to pay for college in the u.s.? it's unavoidable? poor people are forced to this or they are out? that's scarier than the theories about Bella here)
I think the alternative option is to apply for a tuition, earning it through your school results or standing out as an athlete. I don't know much about her education system. An American would answer you better on this subject.

Reactions: yngve

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
Frankly the Maya + Josy back story is full of holes. Nevermind the long distance relationship, how did they even meet, or associate closely enough to start one, which is implied to have been at least a conventional one(i.e. not long distance) for a time.
Josy has lived within biking distance of the MC for years. Long enough that she's gotten to hate Tommy, who would have been mostly away at B&R for at least 3 years by story start. That they didn't know each other at least peripherally until going to the same summer job breaks my SOD. Their home town is small enough that the nearest 'small college' and one with a slim selection of courses at that is a train ride away. They should have gone to the same high school. And the town seems remote enough that everybody would know of everybody else his/her age even if they don't ever interact. Including social pariahs. If only for the fact that even a relatively small population would have a pariah.
Which brings us to the actual relationship itself next. How did they even meet? Maya is implied to have gotten flak from her dad because of her relationship with a girl, presumably Josy. Except that just runs into Josy having lived in the same town as the MC for the past several years and Maya herself having mostly lived with her family several hours away.
Isn't that a lot of assumptions on your part? I live withing biking distance of thousands of people I don't know, and it's mostly a rural area. Sure, I know many people there, but the vast majority I don't know, including some of my closest neighbors. And where did you get the idea that they only had one school!? I'll go play once again and try to pay real close attention, to see if I spot any information on that regard. It's easy to get distracted by other things in the game! :p

About Josy and Maya living relatively far from each other and still knowing each other, and ending up having a relationship: I don't see a problem there, either. I've met some of my friends while away from my area. In some events like sport competitions, concerts, conventions, etc. And have you ever heard about the internet!? You don't really need much imagination to find ways where they could have met. Plus, they could have met through their parents or whatever. Imho, it's much more restricting assuming they should only know people nearby.

And don't confuse lack of information for it being a plot hole. If Dr. Pink Cake explained every little detail, you wouldn't have much space for using your own imagination, nor would there be any mysteries. And the volume of redundant and irrelevant information would make it a really fucking boring game, imho. I'd rather prefer the attention focusing on the main plot and the character relations, and the veil over the mysteries surrounding the characters being lifted progressively.

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
So, about "dark events":

We thought Troy could be either Chad's BF or a possible lone gunman (cause of his personality) - I doubt DPC will go that dark but who knows?

More probable thing? Derek doing something dangerous and end up paralyzed, overdose - but since that couldn't be connected with main characters, that wouldn't be so controversial.

Possible suicide attempt? Bella's backshadowing is close to that.

Also, I think there are much more to Maya's and Derek's family than we know so far.

We still don't know almost anything about Jill - it could be really nasty after 0.4 or 0.5.

So - just pick your poison.
I can see Troy having more relevance later in the game, than the one he currently has. So far, he "only" influenced MC in searching for a new dorm, what ended up forcing him to join the DIKs. The only thing we know about his background is that he is a former Jock, and that he has issues against them and vice versa. Other than that, he only had a mild influence on how Bella perceives MC
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I also thought Troy could be the gunman in one of my feared and imagined "dark events". He could ending up killing people, or being persuaded to stop the attack before it even starts, or killing himself instead, depending on MC's actions throughout the game.

Derek doing something silly and dangerous is also possible. And maybe we could also prevent it like we could do with Liam, from AL, since they are so similar in personality and plot relevance.

About Bella, much is still unknown, so maybe we'll be able to get more relevant information about her in the next update. Especially since MC can choose to go to her when searching for a place to stay. That part where MC goes into narrator mode when they meet that last time in the library, really spooked the shit outta me.

There is much more to Maya and Derek's family than we know, for sure. MC even hinted he recognized their father from somewhere before and I don't remember ever seeing him until that point, which means it probably is from events not shown in the game, so far. Maya was about to tell MC something more about that regard, before being interrupted by the unexpected visitor.

About Jill, though, I don't think she will be a danger to MC in a Leah kind of way. Maybe she could pose some kind of threat to him in an indirect way, like Tybault going nasty on MC. I can see her becoming attached to him, maybe even obsessed, and maybe even trying to control him a little bit, and trying to change his ways. But I think she genuinely cares for other people, and for that reason alone, that invalidates her as a psychopath type of character.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
There is much more to Maya and Derek's family than we know, for sure. MC even hinted he recognized their father from somewhere before and I don't remember ever seeing him until that point, which means it probably is from events not shown in the game, so far. Maya was about to tell MC something more about that regard, before being interrupted by the unexpected visitor.
I think I've figured it out. It's in Episode 2, if the MC goes back to Maya's room after the party (for 'movie night'). She shows the MC some photos. Her father is in the one at their graduation, where the father has his arm proudly around Derek, and is ignoring Maya.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes