vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Or a simpler explanation - the situation is somewhat similar to Josy's.

Burke is the father of Tybalt. After Tybalt was born, Burke met Jade while working at the college, cheated with her, got divorced from Tybalt's rich mom, and re-married Jade. Tybalt blames Jade for the parents' divorce and never like Jade. Jade being a somewhat dominant and possessive type (as shown in the argument scene and classroom sex scene), doesn't like the fact that Burke already has a son neither. Tybalt's biological mom remarries as well and is the rich one donating to the college every year.

This alternative explanation answers...
  • How Tybalt's parents are donating to the college every year.
  • Why Jade would throw Tybalt's picture first in the argument with Burke.
Now, to stretch this relatively simple and realistic theory further into the "Are you kidding me? That's too much coincidence!" territory, what if Jade is Josy's biological mom? That after her own divorce, she met Burke and remarried him?
Now, honestly, if this would happen, I don't know what would be worse: all those inconsistencies and plot holes or soap-opera-subpar story writing.

And even if we're going into "The Bald and Beautiful" theory, we would have plot holes - cause soap operas aren't really known for logic.

Why would Burke's ex, rich and influential, allow her son anywhere near Burke and Jade?
Why would she allow Tybalt to go on B&R?
Why would Tybalt want to have anything with his cheating father cause he's obviously a rich snob and I doubt Burke's ex left half of her wealth to her cheating husband?
Why would she donate money to the college of her cheating ex-husband?
And - back to Maya - she would still mention that at least Tybalt's father is a professor - maybe even dean of B&R?

To repeat myself - I really don't know which option would be worse... :rolleyes:

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
So the best way to explain Tybalt`s resemblence to Jade is to ignore it? :LOL:
I think Tybalt is related to Jade but not necesserly Stephen but given Tybalt has his last name he has to be Jade`s son and Stephen`s step-son.Even with adoption I would have to ignore resemblence thing again.

Jade throws all 3 pictures,she just took whatever was closest to her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
The familiar paranoias of history surpass the extremes.

Tybalt is a loser and piece of shit (family genetics). Spoiled child without moral and disrespectful. Perverted, manipulative and elitist. He is doomed to his family misery, to be a coward and bad person. The closest thing that boy will have as a girlfriend will be what he hides in his drawer.

Josy already explained what happened to his family. There is nothing that leaves the door open to any theory.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
I honestly don't see any resemblance between Jade and Tybalt other than the hair color.

The biggest hole in Tybalt being a known son (adopted/step or natural) of Jade & Stephen, as vir_cotto stated, is that the first thing anyone/everyone at the UNI will mention when talking about his parents is that he is the son of the dean/faculty (not that he's rich). It is by far the most interesting point of reference (if you've been to a school where one of the kids is the child of a teacher or the headmaster.) It's also highly unlikely that Bella would not mention this once in the many times she talked about Tybalt to MC and/or Jill.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
I honestly don't see any resemblance between Jade and Tybalt other than the hair color.

The biggest hole in Tybalt being a known son (adopted/step or natural) of Jade & Stephen, as vir_cotto stated, is that the first thing anyone/everyone at the UNI will mention when talking about his parents is that he is the son of the dean/faculty etc. (not that he's rich). It is by far the most interesting point of reference (if you've been to a school where one of the kids is the child of a teacher or the headmaster.) It's also highly unlikely that Bella would not mention this once in the many times she talked about Tybalt to MC and/or Jill.
Yeah - and I don't know why that should be a secret. DPC could have nice little story where Maya would say how his parents are professors and players would have fun guessing his parents.

Instead, we have this situation and another illogical story element.

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018

The biggest hole in Tybalt being a known son (adopted/step or natural) of Jade & Stephen, as vir_cotto stated, is that the first thing anyone/everyone at the UNI will mention when talking about his parents is that he is the son of the dean/faculty (not that he's rich). It is by far the most interesting point of reference (if you've been to a school where one of the kids is the child of a teacher or the headmaster.) It's also highly unlikely that Bella would not mention this once in the many times she talked about Tybalt to MC and/or Jill.

Bella hates Tybalt, a lot

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I think the scene with Jade and Burke when they are talking about Bella changing her mind and likely rejected having a threesome with them perhaps Bellas husband got word about that and walked out on her and she has been in denial ever since that he would come back to her. :unsure:

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017

We can make the exact same point about him being a naphew of a teacher,yet no relation whatsoever is mentioned but we do know they are related and he has the same last name so it`s impossible no one noticed.

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
I think the scene with Jade and Burke when they are talking about Bella changing her mind and likely rejected having a threesome with them perhaps Bellas husband got word about that and walked out on her and she has been in denial ever since that he would come back to her. :unsure:

True, I forgot that scene.. One of the reasons she should hate that family.

Reactions: Mormont

GGGRRRE

Mar 9, 2018
It could also explain the cafeteria scene when Jade and Cathy join Bella and the MC you can tell even then Bella starts to look uncomfortable and eventually leaves so there could be some sort of resentment there.
She leaves once Burke turns up after chatting to Jade and Cathy, I thought the uncomfortableness came from Him, not the two ladies, she was surprised at his academic choices etc.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
We can make the exact same point about him being a naphew of a teacher,yet no relation whatsoever is mentioned but we do know they are related and he has the same last name so it`s impossible no one noticed.
Once you get to nephew (or even more distant), I'd say it becomes less noteworthy as a gossip item, but we're splitting hairs here. As I am not one of the proponents of the nephew theory though, I'll let those that do answer.

PS. Where do we learn Tybalt's last name btw? Not doubting it, I just can't remember when it came up.

R0ck1n

Sep 4, 2019
Frankly the Maya + Josy back story is full of holes. Nevermind the long distance relationship, how did they even meet, or associate closely enough to start one, which is implied to have been at least a conventional one(i.e. not long distance) for a time.
Josy has lived within biking distance of the MC for years. Long enough that she's gotten to hate Tommy, who would have been mostly away at B&R for at least 3 years by story start. That they didn't know each other at least peripherally until going to the same summer job breaks my SOD. Their home town is small enough that the nearest 'small college' and one with a slim selection of courses at that is a train ride away. They should have gone to the same high school. And the town seems remote enough that everybody would know of everybody else his/her age even if they don't ever interact. Including social pariahs. If only for the fact that even a relatively small population would have a pariah.
Which brings us to the actual relationship itself next. How did they even meet? Maya is implied to have gotten flak from her dad because of her relationship with a girl, presumably Josy. Except that just runs into Josy having lived in the same town as the MC for the past several years and Maya herself having mostly lived with her family several hours away.
Ah, thank you! I was afraid I was the only one who thought that. They must be the 2 people with whom the MC has spent the most time in recent weeks/months, and we only have the information now? I can understand they are a little ashamed and they prefer to hide their relationship, but damn it's the 21st century! Everyone seems to know except you. I loved this update, but no I have difficulty in accepting this end of episode.
cry.png

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes