sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
She might but with the way Jill is and how close she is with Bella I'd be surprised if she told us much about Bella and her personal life.
It depends on your playthrough. If you're living with someone else, little or nothing might be said on Jill's side. But I guess either Bella will mention the MC is staying with her, or the MC will mention/confirm that himself, which will open more dialogue options. So that gives the opportunity for the MC to ask Jill how well she knows Bella if she feels uncomfortable or looks confused when she finds out the MC is shacking up with Bella.

Also be aware that Jill is getting involved more and more in the MC's business...

If he was the mastermind he would be taking one hell of a risk by fucking students either that student could use that against him or they could, in turn, get caught out by someone else now would a mastermind risk all of that by fucking his students.
Considering how he risked Jade's wrath just telling her he messed around anyway with some students and tried to get permission with Bella, it wouldn't surprise me. He clearly doesn't give two fucks and feels unfulfilled so clearly he presumes he can get away with his bad behavior.

Reactions: chociar666

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
There was a lot of clues considering Maya+Josy,there was also couple of lines that didn`t fit(about Josy being in a long distance relationship and college being relativly close and Maya living near the college),hence many of us dropped that idea but it turned out those lines were not that important :LOL:
Frankly the Maya + Josy back story is full of holes. Nevermind the long distance relationship, how did they even meet, or associate closely enough to start one, which is implied to have been at least a conventional one(i.e. not long distance) for a time.
Josy has lived within biking distance of the MC for years. Long enough that she's gotten to hate Tommy, who would have been mostly away at B&R for at least 3 years by story start. That they didn't know each other at least peripherally until going to the same summer job breaks my SOD. Their home town is small enough that the nearest 'small college' and one with a slim selection of courses at that is a train ride away. They should have gone to the same high school. And the town seems remote enough that everybody would know of everybody else his/her age even if they don't ever interact. Including social pariahs. If only for the fact that even a relatively small population would have a pariah.
Which brings us to the actual relationship itself next. How did they even meet? Maya is implied to have gotten flak from her dad because of her relationship with a girl, presumably Josy. Except that just runs into Josy having lived in the same town as the MC for the past several years and Maya herself having mostly lived with her family several hours away.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
So, about "dark events":

We thought Troy could be either Chad's BF or a possible lone gunman (cause of his personality) - I doubt DPC will go that dark but who knows?

More probable thing? Derek doing something dangerous and end up paralyzed, overdose - but since that couldn't be connected with main characters, that wouldn't be so controversial.

Possible suicide attempt? Bella's backshadowing is close to that.

Also, I think there are much more to Maya's and Derek's family than we know so far.

We still don't know almost anything about Jill - it could be really nasty after 0.4 or 0.5.

So - just pick your poison.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Frankly the Maya + Josy back story is full of holes. Nevermind the long distance relationship, how did they even meet, or associate closely enough to start one, which is implied to have been at least a conventional one(i.e. not long distance) for a time.
Josy has lived within biking distance of the MC for years. Long enough that she's gotten to hate Tommy, who would have been mostly away at B&R for at least 3 years by story start. That they didn't know each other at least peripherally until going to the same summer job breaks my SOD. Their home town is small enough that the nearest 'small college' and one with a slim selection of courses at that is a train ride away. They should have gone to the same high school. And the town seems remote enough that everybody would know of everybody else his/her age even if they don't ever interact. Including social pariahs. If only for the fact that even a relatively small population would have a pariah.
Which brings us to the actual relationship itself next. How did they even meet? Maya is implied to have gotten flak from her dad because of her relationship with a girl, presumably Josy. Except that just runs into Josy having lived in the same town as the MC for the past several years and Maya herself having mostly lived with her family several hours away.
Exactly. 0.3 is a disaster but people like it cause they don't really read into the story. I'll probably drop this game after 0.4 if some of the plot holes won't be fixed.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Ah, yes - another theory that isn't disputed or confirmed yet.

Sage is yandere and she'll do something terrible to Chad's GF/BF or even to him.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Why would it be a plot hole?
Early on when Maya is showing campus to MC, she'll show him Tybalt and she'll tell that he's a president of ANO and that his parents are very rich and giving big donations to college every year.

Now, if Burke and Jade are his parents: why would they donate to college where they work? How could they be so rich? Why Maya wouldn't say his parents are professors - moreover, she is attending Jade's classes.

Remember, Maya is local. She would know all that.

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
How did Maya and Josy met is not a plot hole,it`s an information we don`t have yet,they could have met online,on a summer camp,on a trip ... many possibilities.
However Josy and Mc meeting for the first time in the store is a bit of a problem,though the story does not give us detailed information about how big this town is,how many high schools there are how many people live there and so on.When our(no matter how reasonable) assumptions are not reflected in the story - it`s not a plot hole,it`s just our assumptions not being met or author making different ones.

Those aren`t the things I really have a big problem with,it`s a fictional world that rules itself with the rules that the author made,that`s OK,what isn`t OK is when those established rules would be broken or bent to have the outcome desired without logical progress.When characters change without having an arc that would explain those changes or finally when the audience is given contradictory informations.

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
Exactly. 0.3 is a disaster but people like it cause they don't really read into the story. I'll probably drop this game after 0.4 if some of the plot holes won't be fixed.
It's an obvious plot hole that most of us let slide tbh. It was Josy's only way for DPC to get her in the college, so I suspect people who theorized Maya and Josy were together were thinking that too.

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
I am not a fan of retrospective storytelling (dunno if I just made it up), basically I hate flashbacks explaining crazy twists. It's a cheap way to do something crazy and unexpected so people are easily surprised. I hated it in Acting Lessons, and I would hate it here. So I hope that we get a bare minimum of things like that. I just don't like it when you explain things after the fact, instead of setting it up and slowly (or fast, it depends on the story) bulding it up to the climax.

Also when we get the explanation after month or more waiting, it's no longer that interesting, because you make up a ton of theories in your head and the explanation you get then might be something that you didn't want it to be or hyped yourself for, or it's not as good or interesting than you or other fans came up with. So all the hype might just lead to disappointment.

It's obviously hard to remember a lot of things, since the updates are spread over longer periods of time and a lot of things happens in one update, so you forget any hints that could have been thrown your way in the previous updates and then when a twist happens, it feels sudden and forced, even though it might not be so. I myself didn't see Maya/Josy coming, because there was nothing to my knowledge that would suggest something like that and suddenly it's a big deal, and I don't really think it really is such a big deal MC made it out to be. I mean, he finds out about this and immediately runs to a friend looking for a safe haven?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I dont think the Maya/Josy stuff is a plot hole, its just unknown information. I think the most likely scenario is they met online. People who are gay/lesbian in religious towns (we dont know if this town is, but at the least Mayas dad is) dont openly flaunt it. Josy's relationship with Tommy doesn't seem to good either, maybe he and his mom (or dad, whichever one got with Josy's mom/dad) are also against lesbian/gay relationships. You can go to the same school with someone who is in the same grade and not interact with them much if at all. Mayas dad found out about it which caused it to end, perhaps even Tommy ratted on them which could also explain why he and Josy dont get along.

Reactions: stardust1994

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Also be aware that Jill is getting involved more and more in the MC's business...
That she certainly is the thing is if Jill was to find out about Bella and the MC how would that go down would she confront Bella about it? or let it go? It could be quite the situation we have with those two would make the Maya and Josy situation look minor to this.

Looking at that made me wonder one thing: why is there picture of Tybalt on their dresser? Is Tybalt their son?
We don't know he could be but there is also talk that he could be just the nephew. :unsure:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I dont think Tybalt is their nephew, why would they keep a picture of their nephew on the dresser? I think its likely he is adopted. His parents (who are/were) wealthy college donors died and Prof. Burke (who appears to be quite powerful, not a standard professor) and Jade adopted him because of what his parents did for the college. Its possible Maya wouldn't know about this, Tybalt seems to be the type that wouldn't tell anyone his personal information. Really, no one seems to know this so I think its the likely scenario.

Reactions: Walter Victor
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes