vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
I dont think Tybalt is their nephew, why would they keep a picture of their nephew on the dresser? I think its likely he is adopted. His parents (who are/were) wealthy college donors died and Prof. Burke (who appears to be quite powerful, not a standard professor) and Jade adopted him because of what his parents did for the college. Its possible Maya wouldn't know about this, Tybalt seems to be the type that wouldn't tell anyone his personal information. Really, no one seems to know this so I think its the likely scenario.
His parents donate money every year - not "his parents donated money every year".

It's even possible Tybalt is not related to Burke and Jade but Burke, asslicker, is keeping the photo of the student cause his parents donating so much money.

my "That guy over there is Tybalt, their fraternity president."
my "Every year, his family donates a lot of money to B&R. It's always a big deal in the local newspapers."

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
If he is, that's another plot hole. Also, Jade is most definitely isn't his mother. Mother wouldn't throw a photo of his son.

More likely - nephew.
See this threw me off as well when Maya mentioned the rich parents. Why didn't DPC just have Maya say: (''His parents are rich and put money in the college. But they live on the other side of the country, so he's staying with his Aunt and Uncle here''.)?

It's believable as long as you tell the reader beforehand. He either forgot or didn't think it was important enough to cover up. It's not good enough for someone to say 'Well, we don't know the full story, the rich family might be responsible for the Dik's drugs and Mansion' etc would make no sense. Considering real drug lords try not to get involved in kids problems when they send them to school while still providing for them in some way it's not believable unless the whole family are a bunch of psychopaths...

Eurgh too much thinking:

source.gif

MRG101

Aug 2, 2019
Early on when Maya is showing campus to MC, she'll show him Tybalt and she'll tell that he's a president of ANO and that his parents are very rich and giving big donations to college every year.

Now, if Burke and Jade are his parents: why would they donate to college where they work? How could they be so rich? Why Maya wouldn't say his parents are professors - moreover, she is attending Jade's classes.

Remember, Maya is local. She would know all that.
Didn´t click the first time in my head. Will be interesting.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hmmm
But Tybalt`s last name is Burke,while he looks nothing like Mr.Burke and a bit like Mrs.Burke(the hair especially),why would a naphew take his uncle`s last name?
Cause he could be a paternal uncle.

I know what is the problem here. In most languages, you have a different word for mum's brother and for dad's brother but in English it's uncle for both.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
My own initial thought was that Stephen had an affair with Tybalt's mom. Jade/Stephen/the mum has this knowledge but neither Tybalt's "father" (who doesn't have to be Stephen's brother, could be a third cousin for all we know), nor Tybalt know this.

Reason? Jade chose Tybalt's picture to throw first when confronting Stephen about his infidelity. What better item to throw than the very embodiment of that infidelity.
Hole in theory: Pretty brazen for Stephen to display that picture and for Jade to tolerate its presence.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
As I said before, if they're really his parents, that would be the final nail in the 0.3 coffin and my plot-hole hunt.
For someone who, presumably, wrote the whole story beforehand, this story looks way too much incoherent and illogical.

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
As I said before, if they're really his parents, that would be the final nail in the 0.3 coffin and my plot-hole hunt.
For someone who, presumably, wrote the whole story beforehand, this story looks way too much incoherent and illogical.
Or more likely he changed his mind from his first plan, thought it would be more interesting if Tybalt had parents more involved in the drama than 'silent' rich donors to the college and forgot to tie up the loose ends.

Nice work Dirty Harry.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Or more likely he changed his mind from his first plan, thought it would be more interesting if Tybalt had parents more involved in the drama than 'silent' rich donors to the college and forgot to tie up the loose ends.

Nice work Dirty Harry.
If that was the only loose end. Unfortunately, it's far from it.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
My own initial thought was that Stephen had an affair with Tybalt's mom. Jade/Stephen/the mum has this knowledge but neither Tybalt's "father" (who doesn't have to be Stephen's brother, could be a third cousin for all we know), nor Tybalt know this.

Reason? Jade chose Tybalt's picture to throw first when confronting Stephen about his infidelity. What better item to throw than the very embodiment of that infidelity.
Hole in theory: Pretty brazen for Stephen to display that picture and for Jade to tolerate its presence.
Or a simpler explanation - the situation is somewhat similar to Josy's.

Burke is the father of Tybalt. After Tybalt was born, Burke met Jade while working at the college, cheated with her, got divorced from Tybalt's rich mom, and re-married Jade. Tybalt blames Jade for the parents' divorce and never like Jade. Jade being a somewhat dominant and possessive type (as shown in the argument scene and classroom sex scene), doesn't like the fact that Burke already has a son neither. Tybalt's biological mom remarries as well and is the rich one donating to the college every year.

This alternative explanation answers...
  • How Tybalt's parents are donating to the college every year.
  • Why Jade would throw Tybalt's picture first in the argument with Burke.
Now, to stretch this relatively simple and realistic theory further into the "Are you kidding me? That's too much coincidence!" territory, what if Jade is Josy's biological mom? That after her own divorce, she met Burke and remarried him?

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
Bellas melons>Tybalt's melons.
Or a simpler explanation - the situation is somewhat similar to Josy's.

Burke is the father of Tybalt. After Tybalt was born, Burke met Jade while working at the college, cheated with her, got divorced from Tybalt's rich mom, and re-married Jade. Tybalt blames Jade for the parents' divorce and never like Jade. Jade being a somewhat dominant and possessive type (as shown in the argument scene and classroom sex scene), doesn't like the fact that Burke already has a son neither. Tybalt's biological mom remarries as well and is the rich one donating to the college every year.

This alternative explanation answers...
  • How Tybalt's parents are donating to the college every year.
  • Why Jade would throw Tybalt's picture first in the argument with Burke.
Now, to stretch this relatively simple and realistic theory further into the "Are you kidding me? That's too much coincidence!" territory, what if Jade is Josy's biological mom? That after her own divorce, she met Burke and remarried him?
WTF :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes