Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
You've heard it from the Dude Himself, guys.

SO STOP DREAMING OF SHORTER DEVELOPMENT CYCLES. THERE IS NO GOING BACK

1 YEAR IT IS
Well, I wasn't so adamant. We don't know all of his development plans, but rendered 63 animations at 60fps is a pretty good run.
But yeah, the best we can expect is September.
Anyway it's good that he himself realizes that 60fps is a judgment call and found a way to reduce rendering time( probably he just reduced the number of samples or something like that).

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
He can't not have Madam scenes until the prize membership runs out. I do think that maybe Madame could be replaced. But who would that be?
Gee, I dunno... how bout... the other strippers? MC even directly asks someone (Nicole maybe?) at some point "as a VIP member, can I fuck strippers?" So, while acknowledging that MC already has Nicole and Lily on lockdown, how about replacing Madame with some more scenes with Rose and Sandy? Or the bartender? Who doesn't want to give it to Brandi with an I? Who doesn't want to make Tommy cry by ruining Tania for him? Plenty of options to utilize that VIP card, but DPRRC can't put his ego aside and give the people what they want.

19Castiel23

Jul 25, 2017

Happy New Year!

I hope you've all been doing well over the holidays. I've had a great time with family and friends while intermittently working.
I've been looking forward to January as it's time to start the episode 11 development for real.
I've been dabbling with parts of it during the release month, but my focus has been managing the release, fixing bugs, writing the guide, etc. But it's time for the first Status update of Episode 11, so let's dig in and bring you guys up to speed.

Walkthrough
First, the official guide was updated this week, including the episode 10 walkthrough.
If you missed it, it's available .

Episode 11 development
I started the development by planning the episode with flowcharts and other tools. In this area, I'm working on putting the events I want in the episode in order and building the overall episode flow.
Because I want to stay as effective as possible and utilize my hardware to the max, immediately after planning most of the lewd events, I put planning on hold and started working on those events.
I've been writing lewd scenes and posing some static renders, but I've mostly been focusing on posing animations to get a good head start on the development.
I'm currently up to 85 posed animations, with 63 of those animations fully rendered - and yes, that's a lot this early on.
Aside from a handful of previously completed animations rendered at 30 fps for Brawler, I'll continue to render at 60 fps during this development cycle. I hope you enjoyed those animations in episode 10 as much as I did.
I've been investigating a sweet spot for rendering speed and quality to make 60 fps animations viable with my current hardware, and I believe I have found it. Render speeds are looking good, and I will continue to monitor this process and tweak it throughout development.
Static renders aren't a priority early in development, so they aren't worth mentioning today.
Going forward, I plan to continue working on lewd scenes and posing animations to increase the render queue. I've started working on the 6th lewd scene of the episode, and it will be one of the bigger ones.

Polls
I have decided and prepared upcoming polls for the episode. You can look forward to new cosmetic polls and special render polls.
The special render polls are extra interesting this time, as you will decide the order of the main girl sets for episodes 11 and 12 simultaneously.
You will also decide on another girl for the other girls' special render set - Zoey won this poll for episode 10.
As I need your votes to be able to work on some scenes, there will be cosmetic polls early on in the development. A cosmetic poll for Jill will be live tomorrow. Sign up as a +$10 patron to participate.

Q&A event
The annual Q&A post will be published next month, and the post where you can ask your questions about my game development and games will go live on Sunday.

I'm looking forward to sharing this new development cycle with you.
Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
See you in December 2024 for the 11th episode:D

Reactions: Ottoeight

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
BTW
63 animations fully done is already around 19% of Ep 10’s 335 total animations, and the total of 85 animations posed (63 rendered) is 25% of that 335.

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
BTW
63 animations fully done is already around 19% of Ep 10’s 335 total animations, and the total of 85 animations posed (63 rendered) is 25% of that 335.
Oh you poor soul, you are indeed new here i hate to break it to you , but it will be late 2024 and i mean at least Dec late.

from Ep8 froward the thing you can see is the animation takes around 250-350 mostly, renders however never slow down he needs more and more renders so buckle up he will take his time .

Reactions: KaiserST

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
BTW
Easy there tiger, you must be new if you are still that hopeful lol.

Jokes asides, that was a promising report, by focusing first on lewd animations (the lion share of the rendering work) DPC is actually working smart.

Of course we still dont know how many animations there will be, using the last episodes as reference helps, but we never can know for sure the real number up until some weeks before release.

However, the report also reveals what I and many others were fearing. 60FPS animations are going to be the new standart and that's a terrible decision. What remains to be seen is how many of the animation will still be 30fps, but I dont expect much of them in episode 11, some 30% at most.

Either way brace yourselves my friends, a new cycle of waiting begins, lets just hope there won't be many bad news this time around.

Fun fact, in the first for Episode 10, DPC also had 85 animations posed, but only 37 completed versus 63 now.

And just to remember, I'm betting on a December release.

Also, I hope someone picks the questions from here for the Q&A, I have a few that I would love hearing DPC's answers.

Oh you poor soul, you are indeed new here i hate to break it to you , but it will be late 2024 and i mean at least Dec late.
Definitely new here lol

But not to worry, eventually we all learn to lose hope when dealing with DPC.

I'd be happy if it's really December. I'm afraid there will be no update in 2024 :/
Depending on how DPC goes, this is a real risk...

PereFourreAss

Sep 30, 2020
Well, I wasn't so adamant. We don't know all of his development plans, but rendered 63 animations at 60fps is a pretty good run.
But yeah, the best we can expect is September.
Anyway it's good that he himself realizes that 60fps is a judgment call and found a way to reduce rendering time( probably he just reduced the number of samples or something like that).
The rendering speed will stay the same I think, what will make a difference is the branching. The MJ route will take a shift at some point, and the others route will have Nora, Nicole, Riona and Lily take bigger roles. I'm afraid December is the optimistic bet now

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Of course we still dont know how many animations there will be, using the last episodes as reference helps, but we never can know for sure the real number up until some weeks before release.
not even DPC knows now. but there will always be a couple to add
However, the report also reveals what I and many others were fearing. 60FPS animations are going to be the new standart and that's a terrible decision. What remains to be seen is how many of the animation will still be 30fps, but I dont expect much of them in episode 11, some 30% at most.
unfortunately, DPC had announced it. i don't know whether a reaction so negative that he would change his mind was realistically to be expected, unfortunately, in the event, there was not.

Reactions: KaiserST

Cervixpunch

Feb 10, 2019
Gee, I dunno... how bout... the other strippers? MC even directly asks someone (Nicole maybe?) at some point "as a VIP member, can I fuck strippers?" So, while acknowledging that MC already has Nicole and Lily on lockdown, how about replacing Madame with some more scenes with Rose and Sandy? Or the bartender? Who doesn't want to give it to Brandi with an I? Who doesn't want to make Tommy cry by ruining Tania for him? Plenty of options to utilize that VIP card, but DPRRC can't put his ego aside and give the people what they want.
Worse thing about Madame is even if you ignore that she's easily the least popular girl she offers nothing that Tania, Rose, Brandi or Sandy couldn't do so why did we even need her to be made? All of them while minor characters exist outside the VIP room and know MC. They also don't look like a lubed up reptile granny which is always nice.

She looks disgusting and offers nothing to the story or as a character. Yet he insisted on putting work into her this episode. It's either incredible arrogance not to realize he shat the bed when he decided on her or a rich patron commissioned her and he didn't disclose it. The fact she wasn't replaced but doubled down on is baffling to me.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Kinda need to give more than that for someone to be able to help you.

If you used scrappy mod at some point that's likely the issue. Game is set up to look for it.
He does not really have to give more info. We all know exactly what is happening to him just like the millions before him. People are pretty tired of hearing the same shit over and over again. So people tend to start ignoring posts like that. He should stop using crappy mods simple as that.

Reactions: Ekzou and El Rav
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes