E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
Josy: "Don't worry...I can always stay with a friend or something."

That is what Josy says to the MC whichever answer he gives to her about staying in his dorm. I don't see any ambiguity there. She needs to find another place to stay.That's it.

The MC is not going to give her directions off-screen or otherwise, after he has told her that he already has a roommate. He doesn't WANT her showing up, while he's living with Maya, at least until he has a chance to talk to her. And Josy has accepted not being able to stay with him, so she's not going to ask him again.
I don't think I ever said that MC gave her directions off-screen. I just mentioned it because there were other people talking about it and I didn't want to discard the idea entirely, even if I don't believe in it much. I just think she was there because of MC and that she could have been aware that was his dorm by other means. But she being there for Maya is also plausible, if Maya either didn't know about it, simply forgot she was coming then, or Josy arrived earlier than expected.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Just as long as we get to make these actual choices but I think the problem for a lot of us we still have that AL mindset on our mind and we are always thinking what if he just copies the ideas from his previous game, but something has to give in the next update or to were we can distance ourselves from some of the girls that we don't wish to pursue.
Most authors have a recurring theme (even Shakespeare almost always gives the protag a really bad relative or close advisor), but with only 1 completed work in the bag, we can't really say that a dead LI is DPC's thing (and I doubt he will go that route again), but in many ways AL was a straight up tragic love story in the classical sense (with almost no kinks in it) so some tragic/bittersweet outcome for some of the characters is almost certain.

We also often overlook some other darker stuff in AL due to the DIAF event. e.g. MC has the option to outright murder Melissa's dad if we so choose via forced drug overdose. What happens if we get that opportunity with Tommy or to get rid of Maya's dad in some way? That'd be kind of fucked up.

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
Wait, why is that apocalyptic? I'd help dye her hair and her pubes if she'd do anything in return (like carrying MC's babies) :p
Interesting view. In your interpretation she's asking to help her change or mantain her hair color?

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
What happens if we get that opportunity with Tommy or to get rid of Maya's dad in some way? That'd be kind of fucked up.
Not against the Tommy idea tbh although the rate he is going he will end up doing that himself, as with the Dad well he seems to be a real piece of work but I think just getting Maya away from him will be punishment enough.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Interesting view. In your interpretation she's asking to help her change or mantain her hair color?
I interpreted it as you meaning maintain (although her eyebrow color suggests she is a natural to me), but either way, I'm fine with it :LOL:

Do you guys think we are gonna meet even more new characters, or every profile in our phone is all the characters there are gonna be?
This is an interesting question. Mechanically, the bios are listed in alphabetical order (not in order of appearance in the game) with those yet to show up having pre-reserved spaces marked with a "?"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now that all bios are unlocked and the last spot taken by a "Z" it would appear that that's all. If so some ramifications:

- No spot left for James to come back into the game
- Real drug mastermind is someone on your phone
- No new potential LIs will be introduced

That said, some minors e.g. Envy, Maya's dad etc. don't get a bio so there could yet be some newbies and/or we get another page on the phone when season 2 arrives.

yngve

Oct 28, 2018
And that is the thing,both Derek and Maya are "normal",with Derek being crazy(good crazy),those are not kids of a "TYRANT",they`re not closed or repressed.I don`t see signs of abuse or even enforcing his will on his children,in them.
All we know is that Maya does not feel accepted,she`s bi and her father is religious,how far his problem with it goes,is a guess and my personal guess is that it`s nowhere near as far as forumites make it.
But goin totally Mindhunter is fun

I guess there may be more signs than being closed or repressed in a girl who as been abused, but Idk

Lol0012

Jul 10, 2018
You have to delete some cheat detector files, just follow the instructions in the cheat mod thread. I've done it and it works ;) Btw. My problem resolved itself when the fight with chad triggered, hope you'll get it to work as well.

edit. Here are the instructions

1. Download unren and place it into your Being a DIK folder
  2. Run unren and pick option 9)All of the above
  3. Go Into Being a Dik\game folder and delete the scripts.rpa file if it doesn't exist skip this step
  4. Go into Being a Dik\game\scripts\misc and delete both cheat_detection files
  5. Go into Being a Dik\game\saves and delete the persistent file
  6. On Windows press windows key+R, a window will pop up type into it %appdata%
  7. Find the folder Renpy then the Folder Being a DIK (order by date) and delete the persistent file
  8. Extract the mod to the folder where you Installed Being a Dik
thx

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
I interpreted it as you meaning maintain (although her eyebrow color suggests she is a natural to me), but either way, I'm fine with it :LOL:

This is an interesting question. Mechanically, the bios are listed in alphabetical order (not in order of appearance in the game) with those yet to show up having pre-reserved spaces marked with a "?"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now that all bios are unlocked and the last spot taken by a "Z" it would appear that that's all. If so some ramifications:

- No spot left for James to come back into the game
- Real drug mastermind is someone on your phone
- No new potential LIs will be introduced

That said, some minors e.g. Envy, Maya's dad etc. don't get a bio so there could yet be some newbies and/or we get another page on the phone when season 2 arrives.
Maybe the bio system will be expanded or revamped to accommodate many other characters. And maybe the last empty spot could be replaced by a spot in any other place. Let's suppose A new character called "Anna" would come into play and have significant relevance in the game. She would occupy the slot between MC and Anthony, according to the alphabetical order, pushing all the other characters to the next slot and the last empty spot would disappear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mormont

Richard012

Jan 15, 2018
Best game I played... and I seriously doubt that will be surpassed. Well choosen the characters and the brawler game had a serious improvement. To that adding the social network feature keeps the game more complete.
Great job by the Dev, wich I give much more credit because it's an one man show. I'm waiting for the ep 4, in the mean time i'm experimenting the Acting Lessons game.

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
For me, guys like him are just a waste of oxygen and any idiot who sniffs nail polish as a last resort tells you all we need to know what kind of a waste of space that he is. Plus he just has a face you want to punch.
Well I don`t want to punch his face :p I can`t recall him doing anything to deserve this,that`s why I asked;)
I`m sure he is going to be some sort of obstacle on Josy path but for now he didn`t give me a reason for hostility

Lol0012

Jul 10, 2018
You have to delete some cheat detector files, just follow the instructions in the cheat mod thread. I've done it and it works ;) Btw. My problem resolved itself when the fight with chad triggered, hope you'll get it to work as well.

edit. Here are the instructions

1. Download unren and place it into your Being a DIK folder
  2. Run unren and pick option 9)All of the above
  3. Go Into Being a Dik\game folder and delete the scripts.rpa file if it doesn't exist skip this step
  4. Go into Being a Dik\game\scripts\misc and delete both cheat_detection files
  5. Go into Being a Dik\game\saves and delete the persistent file
  6. On Windows press windows key+R, a window will pop up type into it %appdata%
  7. Find the folder Renpy then the Folder Being a DIK (order by date) and delete the persistent file
  8. Extract the mod to the folder where you Installed Being a Dik
bro how to open developer console?

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Well I don`t want to punch his face :p I can`t recall him doing anything to deserve this,that`s why I asked;)
I`m sure he is going to be some sort of obstacle on Josy path but for now he didn`t give me a reason for hostility
Yeah I just don't trust him at all he would sell you out at any given chance just for the promise of drugs, the whole Josy situation will be interesting to see how that plays out will he be bothered about it I wonder?

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
Yeah I just don't trust him at all he would sell you out at any given chance just for the promise of drugs, the whole Josy situation will be interesting to see how that plays out will he be bothered about it I wonder?
I`m not so sure,I think he takes the DIKs stuff seriously.
For sure there will be some bumps on the way to Josy from now on,why else make Tommy,the VP of the frat we are applying to,her step brother? ;)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: E.l.l.0 and Mormont
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes