ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Go play the intro again. Patrick's acting the way he is for one reason, and he stated the reason. For the love his his wife and the promise he made to her to look after the children. Also, autoimmune diseases are not STDs.

Having a wife, and losing her is far more devastating that most people can imagine. I know, I lost mine to cancer. I would have done anything for her (and did). You never get over that sort of loss. I cried for a solid year and a half, and still do sometimes. That intro really hit me hard, emotionally as I totally understood his character and the way he acted the moment I watched that. He loved his wife a lot, he would do ANYTHING for her. He misses her and he made a promise to her he is doing his best to fulfill in the way he thinks is right. Does he over-react and make mistakes? Perhaps. Depends on your point of view. But the WHY, is crystal clear when you watch that intro.

I hope they don't have many more scenes like that anyhow, I needed tissue after that. This caused me to have more respect and even like Patrick a little as I now understand his character a lot more.
so , you would abuse your own children and force them to live their life in a way that you demand it, just because your love for your wife.:unsure:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Go play the intro again. Patrick's acting the way he is for one reason, and he stated the reason. For the love his his wife and the promise he made to her to look after the children. Also, autoimmune diseases are not STDs.

Having a wife, and losing her is far more devastating that most people can imagine. I know, I lost mine to cancer. I would have done anything for her (and did). You never get over that sort of loss. I cried for a solid year and a half, and still do sometimes. That intro really hit me hard, emotionally as I totally understood his character and the way he acted the moment I watched that. He loved his wife a lot, he would do ANYTHING for her. He misses her and he made a promise to her he is doing his best to fulfill in the way he thinks is right. Does he over-react and make mistakes? Perhaps. Depends on your point of view. But the WHY, is crystal clear when you watch that intro.

I hope they don't have many more scenes like that anyhow, I needed tissue after that. This caused me to have more respect and even like Patrick a little as I now understand his character a lot more.
You are right there nothing a guy wouldn't do the save his wife but Patrick loses control of himself and panic's which sadly leads to him abusing/ hurting Maya. Very sorry for your loss

Reactions: dalli_x

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
You are right there nothing a guy wouldn't do the save his wife but Patrick loses control of himself and panic's which sadly leads to him abusing/ hurting Maya. Very sorry for your loss
He is a human garbage and using the "love" as an some kind of excuse for his behaviour. Zero sympathy. It's like killing a bunch of innocent people,. in the name of god

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018

And that's why BaDIK stands out from most NSFW games in here. Pat is an antagonist for Maya's questline - and yet his motives are understandable. He has a human side to him and isn't a bad guy for the sake of it.
Steve Burke is shown as your variation of midlife crisis - he has his motives and, in a way, you can get his point.

The only dude that I can't get so far is Vinny - just a crazy dog barking at the moon. Maybe there will be some kind of backstory to him aswell unless DPC wants to make him completely despicable variation of Joker for the story.

Some dudes may argue that "instead of this shit we could've gotten another couple of sexual scenes", but I'm all for them.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
And that's why BaDIK stands out from most NSFW games in here. Pat is an antagonist for Maya's questline - and yet his motives are understandable. He has a human side to him and isn't a bad guy for the sake of it.
Steve Burke is shown as your variation of midlife crisis - he has his motives and, in a way, you can get his point.
with his logic , we could make some excuse for hitler too:rolleyes:. Oh, he just had bad childhood, may be his mother beat him:LOL:
but between the two of them Burke and Patric , Mayas's father is the worse;)

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
He is a human garbage and using the "love" as an some kind of excuse for his behaviour. Zero sympathy. It's like killing a bunch of innocent people,. in the name of god
Patrick is totally in the wrong it is evil shit what he is doing to Maya but it feels like he is panicking and doesn't know how to handle it

Reactions: Vill3m

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
with his logic , we could make some excuse for hitler too:rolleyes:. Oh, he just had bad childhood, may be his mother beat him:LOL:
but between the two of them Burke and Patric , Mayas's father is the worse;)

Nobody says that these dudes are good guys, chill) It's just that they are made as believable and human-ish)
Perspective is what matters, mate.
DIKs, for example, can easily be viewed as complete morons from different side. Just as MC, Rusty or even Tybalt can come off under different light if you try to see things at their or their rivals' point of view.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Nobody says that these dudes are good guys, chill) It's just that they are made as believable and human-ish)
Perspective is what matters, mate.
DIKs, for example, can easily be viewed as complete morons from different side. Just as MC, Rusty or even Tybalt can come off under different light if you try to see things at their point of view.
they are :LOL: (y)

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021

My sincerest condolences,
and i know absolutely know what it is,and what it feels like to see people suffer from cancer,
and to lose them.The loss feels enormous and you can't stop thinking about them.

But nothing in the world justifies abusing or mistreating your children,
they suffer from all this too,you only drive them away from you even more.

Whatever situation you may be in,
illness,poverty,addiction...
absolutely nothing justifies child abuse,
i have no respect,understanding or compassion for such people in the world.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes