Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
And that's why BaDIK stands out from most NSFW games in here. Pat is an antagonist for Maya's questline - and yet his motives are understandable. He has a human side to him and isn't a bad guy for the sake of it.
Steve Burke is shown as your variation of midlife crisis - he has his motives and, in a way, you can get his point.

The only dude that I can't get so far is Vinny - just a crazy dog barking at the moon. Maybe there will be some kind of backstory to him aswell unless DPC wants to make him completely despicable variation of Joker for the story.

Some dudes may argue that "instead of this shit we could've gotten another couple of sexual scenes", but I'm all for them.
Vinny seems the easiest to understand. He's a drug dealer who only cares about himself and looked for the quick buck. He uses intimidation as way to protect his interests.

But yeah, this is why I like this. Good stories, well developed character personalities. I don't want another game with every other scene just pure sex. I love a good story first and foremost, like a good movie where you see sex scenes where appropriate (maybe a little more often in VNs but you get the point). That opening scene with Patrick losing his wife hit me hard, I literally broke down in tears as I went through that with my own wife in 2021, where I watched her deteriorate rapidly. Cleaned up after her etc. She would apologize for what I was going through, and I would tell her that it didn't bother me, I loved her and would do anything for her. From her diagnosis to her death was FOUR MONTHS. Crazy fast. Dead after almost 37 years marriage. Never had children though, but I totally understand Patrick now and think he is very well written. I actually respect his character more and like him a little now.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Go play the intro again. Patrick's acting the way he is for one reason, and he stated the reason. For the love his his wife and the promise he made to her to look after the children. Also, autoimmune diseases are not STDs.

Having a wife, and losing her is far more devastating that most people can imagine. I know, I lost mine to cancer. I would have done anything for her (and did). You never get over that sort of loss. I cried for a solid year and a half, and still do sometimes. That intro really hit me hard, emotionally as I totally understood his character and the way he acted the moment I watched that. He loved his wife a lot, he would do ANYTHING for her. He misses her and he made a promise to her he is doing his best to fulfill in the way he thinks is right. Does he over-react and make mistakes? Perhaps. Depends on your point of view. But the WHY, is crystal clear when you watch that intro.

I hope they don't have many more scenes like that anyhow, I needed tissue after that. This caused me to have more respect and even like Patrick a little as I now understand his character a lot more.
I didn't read in the game that Helen has an autoimmune disease, but rheumatoid arthritis. It is written so that Helen's immune system is not the best. That does not mean she has an autoimmune disease.

The causes of rheumatoid arthritis have not yet been clarified. Congenital (genetic) factors play a role in the tendency to develop rheumatism. Viruses and certain bacteria are suspected of triggering rheumatism. Other environmental influences also play a major role. Above all, studies have shown that smoking increases the risk of developing the disease. In addition, the disease is often more severe in smokers. Therapies are less effective for them. The role of other risk factors, such as harmful substances at work, is much less clear.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to your wife. I can also empathize with what Patrick is going through. But my father was in a similar situation to Patrick and he didn't behave so badly towards my sister and me personally. In my opinion, parents should always put their children's welfare before their own.

Maya herself says to the MC that she doesn't want to burden her mother Helen with her problems. Do you seriously think that Helen would approve of what her husband Patrick is doing to Maya and Derek? I highly doubt that. I think it's more likely that Helen wants her children to be happy.

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
Vinny seems the easiest to understand. He's a drug dealer who only cares about himself and looked for the quick buck. He uses intimidation as way to protect his interests.

But yeah, this is why I like this. Good stories, well developed character personalities. I don't want another game with every other scene just pure sex. I love a good story first and foremost, like a good movie where you see sex scenes where appropriate (maybe a little more often in VNs but you get the point). That opening scene with Patrick losing his wife hit me hard, I literally broke down in tears as I went through that with my own wife in 2021, where I watched her deteriorate rapidly. Cleaned up after her etc. She would apologize for what I was going through, and I would tell her that it didn't bother me, I loved her and would do anything for her. From her diagnosis to her death was FOUR MONTHS. Crazy fast. Dead after almost 37 years marriage. Never had children though, but I totally understand Patrick now and think he is very well written. I actually respect his character more and like him a little now.
The whole Maya subplot has overstayed it's welcome, though=/
It's kinda obvious that her story will end with her dad being in peace with her and having a long talk with kids - DPC could've gone to unknown depths of darkness with a possibility of him taking his own life depending on players' choices, but that would've been way too big of a gut punch for the game of this kind.

The main question is though: do you guys think someone dies when we get a complete story or nah?

Reactions: Igor_Bielobereg

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I didn't read in the game that Helen has an autoimmune disease, but rheumatoid arthritis. It is written so that Helen's immune system is not the best. That does not mean she has an autoimmune disease.
She has an autoimmune disease...

screenshot0007.jpg

The doctor mentioned that he could use treatments which they used for arthritis... not that she had arthritis...

screenshot0008.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jimbro and dalli_x

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
She has an autoimmune disease, it's why she was in a wheelchair later and ultimately died...
No, she did not. She is still alive, although Death would be a relief for her, because it's gonna keep geting worse,. Honestly Patrick is actually in a worse situation, than just simply losing his wife, because he has to see a slow death sentence for her, and he can't do anything about, it.

But none of this is an actual excuse for him to treat his children the way he does, its actually makes him a fucking trash, and not a Victim, everyone else is the Victim becasue of his actions, Helen, Maya and Derek.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disease
True enough, my little sister has that. But in the game, he simply mentions that he has treatments he uses for arthritis that may work for her. But it absolutely says that she has an auto-immune disease that effects a few things.

Last edited:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Again, I don't see the abuse. Our opinions differ. Remember, this is just a GAME... I understand his character a lot, and even respect him a little. Doesn't mean I agree with his methods. But it's far from abuse.

As far as his children, if they want daddy's money and daddy's support, they should do as daddy says or get a job. Welcome to the real world kid.
seems like you would been a wonderful father

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
You call it abuse, I see it as him having certain morals, whether we agree with them or not, and protecting what he sees as the wrong choices that may ruin his daughters life. It's hardly abuse. Maybe he's a tad over the top, but no where near abuse.

Anyhow, welcome to a difference of opinion. I have no respect for people who do not respect other people's opinions and thing everyone who doesn't think like they do are somehow abusive. That's ridiculous!
I wanted understand you,
but if you don't understand what it is like to have bruises,
trying to hide them from the outside world,psychological abuse by your parents,:FacePalm::FacePalm:
(I'm not a fan of Maya,but i completely understand her character,and why she is like that !!)

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
True enough, my little sister has that. But in the game, he simply mentions that he has treatments he uses for arthritis that may work for her. But the fact that she ends up in a wheelchair and ultimately is bedridden and dies, shows whatever it is, is much worse.
Derek tells MC she has rheumatoid arthritis. And she isn't dead at the end of Chapter 10, she's laying down after dinner.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You call it abuse, I see it as him having certain morals, whether we agree with them or not, and protecting what he sees as the wrong choices that may ruin his daughters life. It's hardly abuse. Maybe he's a tad over the top, but no where near abuse.

Anyhow, welcome to a difference of opinion. I have no respect for people who do not respect other people's opinions and thing everyone who doesn't think like they do are somehow abusive. That's ridiculous!
Not abuse? Hmm Let me see if I can explain something from my old brain. I'm old so sometimes the shit I say can be taken as hostile or aggressive, hopefully it doesn't come out that way for you.

I agree that Maya's dad wasn't beatin the shit out of her, I think if he had been, everyone would agree that it was abuse. But he's not doin that. What he's doin, is worse. Now, this is just some old dude's opinion, who isn't politically correct. What he's doin is emotional and mental. Maya stated it in first season when she broke down(If you push her). About how someone is tellin her that everything she feels is wrong. That she needs to be a certain way. NOT the daughter I want.(He may not have said those exact words to her. But it's how she feels) THAT shit right there, is emotional and mental abuse. Let that sink in for a bit.

With that said, let's explore what happened the night they tried to get the contracts. Maya's dad was yellin at her, causin her emaotional distress, he then grabbed her wrist and she told him he was hurtin her. He didn't give two shits and still held onto her. THAT is the moment it became physical abuse.

I'm not tryin to force you to believe how I believe on this, but I do hope it makes you take a step back and reassess the situation. Or maybe I wasted my time tryin to explain how I and others see it. But I gave it the old college try.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
:

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.

You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer’s hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.

litbnwo

Jan 19, 2023
I played this game a year ago until I reached the end. I just saw that the game has been updated. I don't even know if it's worth playing again. I have already forgotten a lot. It would be perfect to be from the future when the game is finally finished. Someone in the future will be very lucky to be able to play a game that we've been waiting years for updates. I'm probably saying this with irony, but will the next update come out next year, maybe with GTA 6?

And seriously, I want to ask those who have already played the updated version, is it worth playing now? How long can you continue playing from the last update to this one?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

You're writing about Patrick's moral values here. He is welcome to have them and to pass these values on verbally to his children. But it's still up to Maya and Derek to decide whether or not to adopt these moral values for themselves.

Let's get to the point. My dad used to give me a pat on the back of the head when I fucked up as a teenager. But Maya and Derek didn't fuck up and yet Patrick gets rough with them. Maya only fell in love with one girl (Josy). But it's not enough for Patrick to be rough. No, he also exerts psychological pressure. He threatens Maya's future if she doesn't move on from her love Josy. That is blackmail. He is massively restricting Maya's personal development. That is abuse. There is no excuse for that.

Look at Patrick's face. It's not the face of a desperate husband and father, but a face filled with hatred. Patrick is losing control of himself and if Maya doesn't get out of it, it's going to get worse and worse for Maya.
screenshot0001.png
This no longer has anything to do with morality.

Last edited:

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
Not abuse? Hmm Let me see if I can explain something from my old brain. I'm old so sometimes the shit I say can be taken as hostile or aggressive, hopefully it doesn't come out that way for you.

I agree that Maya's dad wasn't beatin the shit out of her, I think if he had been, everyone would agree that it was abuse. But he's not doin that. What he's doin, is worse. Now, this is just some old dude's opinion, who isn't politically correct. What he's doin is emotional and mental. Maya stated it in first season when she broke down(If you push her). About how someone is tellin her that everything she feels is wrong. That she needs to be a certain way. NOT the daughter I want.(He may not have said those exact words to her. But it's how she feels) THAT shit right there, is emotional and mental abuse. Let that sink in for a bit.

With that said, let's explore what happened the night they tried to get the contracts. Maya's dad was yellin at her, causin her emaotional distress, he then grabbed her wrist and she told him he was hurtin her. He didn't give two shits and still held onto her. THAT is the moment it became physical abuse.

I'm not tryin to force you to believe how I believe on this, but I do hope it makes you take a step back and reassess the situation. Or maybe I wasted my time tryin to explain how I and others see it. But I gave it the old college try.

The way I see it, is different children need different methods. Treat it as...as a team. Someone needs long talks, someone needs to be yelled at, someone needs to be praised all the time. If you overdo the soft parent part, you may end up with spoiled brat - look at the damn schools in USA where kids openly confront teachers 20+ years older with "come at me bro", if you overdo the strict dad part - you may end up having a kid with broken childhood hating on you.
Maya's dad is in the wrong, obviously. His point of view is understandable, though - he wants his kids to apply to some standards. Too bad that his kids are no longer teenagers who need guidance.
Edit: in the end, it's your typical "do ends justify means" question. Pat's goal is commendable, his methods - yup, they suck)

Reactions: Ostap Bender
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes