Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Well, this is like an addition to the problem, his views. The icing on the cake. Patrick thinks that he has the moral superiority, to do anything and treat his daugher like shit, because he considers himself a victim. And God will forgive everything. “You can’t judge me,” yes, that’s exactly the moment. Hypocritical bastard.
I agree But he Just toke what he want from the Religion Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others but he didn't take it all he just toke the first Do not Judge :LOL: and the rest left it simple so he Judges his Daughter action even if she's wrong The Verse Clear Who are you to Judge but if we come to personality he wasn't like this he Loved his Wife because she was that Type of women who say Thank you, Lord, For I can Walk And see and hear and Have roof over my head but she Change and he Try to take this Candle To light it With Hope But his way is Off Mark Simple Like man wanted to light the Candle instead he light the house :ROFLMAO:
Totally and that is the problem Patrick is judging Maya in a way he should not yet doesn't think anyone can judge him if he really understood what that verse meant he would realize how wrong he is. Patrick is a hypocritical basted but hopefully his end won't be as bad as Missy father from AL though I have my fears

Reactions: JoeAngel

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Totally and that is the problem Patrick is judging Maya in a way he should not yet doesn't think anyone can judge him if he really understood what that verse meant he would realize how wrong he is. Patrick is a hypocritical basted but hopefully his end won't be as bad as Missy father from AL though I have my fears
It looks like the Bailey family is following a negative scenario. Helen is getting worse and has already written a farewell letter, and when this happens, Patrick will be completely broken.

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
you know Part of me Feel Shamed I already Judged the A*****e and Picked to Punch him
Maybe one of his Wife Dream was to See Her Granddaughter and that's why he act the way he act who knows

Reactions: Darkwen

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
It's NOT abuse. She has a way of life that goes completely against his beliefs. There's no way in hell he could, or should support her in any way, shape or form. She believes what she is doing is okay, he does not. He's not about to go against his beliefs of right and wrong. He is not abusive, and he is not wrong for believing differently whether you like it or not. I may not 100% agree with him, but that doesn't make his beliefs wrong or his refusal to support something that goes against his beliefs abuse in any way shape or form.

I know you seem to think that if the whole world doesn't believe as you do that it is abuse, but that is simply not the case. Someday you will grow up and learn that... maybe.
He doesn't have to support her way of life, in that we are in agreement. But he has no excuse for being deceptive to gain financial control over her school life. He should have just said "I'll pay for your school if you live a *insert religion here* life - once you step out of that I'll stop paying for school." Then she could have said, "Okay, dad, I'll just get my own school loans." or went along with his conditions.

He also really doesn't need to be grabbing anybody. Everybody should remain hands-off when having disagreements, there's no excuse for a man grabbing a woman unless he's defending himself or somebody else who can't defend themself - generally.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
On a totally different note, I have really been enjoying this episode. Had a few emotional moments myself as I am now a sap that way. The MC's parents situation with his mother dying and leaving his father alone, really hit home. Bella's husband now gone, I assume dead really hit home... Patrick's situation with his wife... same deal... man, I hope all the "people losing their spouse" stuff ends SOON.

The renders and animations have been nothing short of amazing and I see now why this episode took so long, wow.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
There's no trick. Maya's parents have strict beliefs they cannot go against. They believe that lifestyle is wrong and harmful and so he is doing everything he can to stop her from what he sees as her harming herself. Whether you agree with him or not is not the point. Understanding his motives is what is important. According to what he believes to be right and wrong, she is very much in the wrong, whether you or I agree doesn't matter. In the real world, people have different beliefs, and your beliefs to not overrule someone else's.

Now is he right in how he does it all? Possibly not. It depends upon your point of view, doesn't it? Is it abusive? I don't think so. All indications are that this is not a loan either, if you read the text. Time will tell.

In the real world, if you tried to force your morals on me, I would rip your fucking head off.

Just try and remember, in the end, it's just A GAME.
You just kinda repeated some points you made earlier and didn't address that he deceived his daughter into believing he was unconditionally paying for her school. Then he used that leverage to control her. That's not okay. Now, if you have an actual counter point to this, I'm interested in that.

And yes, we're discussing a fictional story with fictional characters and they pose a moral question and predicament that's relatable and it's something that could happen in real life. This is why many people relate to Maya's predicament and take her side in the story.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
There's no trick. Maya's parents have strict beliefs they cannot go against.
strict beliefs my ASS. :ROFLMAO:
BeingADIK 2024-01-16 08-19-09-90.jpg
He is a Fake fraud, selfis asshole .

and whether you like it or not, the Writer of the Game call him an Abuser:cautious:
BeingADIK 2024-01-16 08-21-29-70.jpg
BeingADIK 2024-01-16 08-21-32-18.jpg
BeingADIK 2024-01-16 08-22-09-73.jpg
BeingADIK 2024-01-16 08-22-11-80.jpg
so, even though this is " JUST A GAME " . Well, The Game's lore, canon Story, written by the Game's Developer, said that He is Abusing his Children and he is an Abuser.:cool:

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
strict beliefs my ASS. :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 3267194
He is a Fake fraud, selfis asshole .

and whether you like it or not, the Writer of the Game call him an Abuser:cautious:
View attachment 3267196
View attachment 3267197
View attachment 3267198
View attachment 3267199
so, even though this is " JUST A GAME " . Well, The Game's lore, canon Story, written by the Game's Developer, said that He is Abusing his Children and he is an Abuser.:cool:
Shit! Because of the picture above, you revealed the whole essence, well, you can’t do that! how well it started... :ROFLMAO:

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Here's the thing, how I see things. I have no intention of picking sides in this argument, since even tho I love Night Hacker for his contributions in the Fan Art world, I can't say that I agree with him.

In my own right, I am an old fart at 34. On the other hand, NH has been in a relationship almost as long as I have been alive.

Does NH, and in turn Patrick have values that do not apply with the majority, yes.
I don't agree with him, but I get it. Because I myself am at a crossroads of a shift in culture. I am too becoming the "old grumpy guard" in today's world. Example wise, I believe there are only 2 genders(not counting in genetic abnormalities and defects). Hot take in 2024, I know. But, that is my personal belief and neither am I gonna force my opinion on someone, nor will I waste talking about it in a debate. Because for me there being 2 genders is like 2+2 always being 4. Nothing to talk about. But, while I believe there are only 2 genders, I look at sexuality as a more broad thing. So I am all cool with gay/lesbian ppl. I have gay friends. Hell, I ask for Chad route all the time xD So I am "modern enough" to have the "Gay is OK" values.

That's where Patrick, and in a silly way NH come in.
Hate it or love it, they are products of a bygone era.
But I also believe that in said era, family values were a bit better.
So while I don't agree with NH, I can respect where he's coming from.
And speaking of bygone eras, I do have a daughter. And while my personal views are that there are only 2 genders, I must thread carefully since the kid I am raising will look at GenZ as old farts, who knows what will be normal than. And finding the right balance between my daughter's and my normals/moral values is surely going to be a goliath task.

Only difference I think is that I am "modern enough" to bend my moral values for my kids happiness.
While NH, and in turn Patrick, are not.

I come from an era where gay was being normalized, NH/Patrick come from an era when the KKK was normal :KEK:

P.S. Just sharing my opinion on this whole drama, not gonna be replying to replies.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I think what you missing here, is that may be other also can relate to this story and experienced actual Abuse, and than they see a guy who constantly defend it, and say its not a big deal.

and seriously no offense, but losing his wife, is not even close to the situation patric ( and his family ) is in, not to mention, as I said, may be an actual abused victim, might can realte more to the actual abuse story.

Whereas his story as sad as it is, not even close to those, who actually experienced abuse like Maya and Derek.
between the two side, I side with the latter one.
As you can see, I'm on Maya and Derek's side. I understand perfectly well that they are victims of abuse from the mentally unstable Patrick. All I'm saying is let's remain civil. :)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
In my opinion you are mistaken. Patrick is not a religious extremist, he is not even a particular believer. Helen is the one who believes, Patrick only does so reflexively. Considering what is pointed out, it seems that Patrick's great worry is that Maya will not give Helen the grandchildren she so desires, who does not have much time to see this dream of hers realised. Usual DPC patheticism

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
As you can see, I'm on Maya and Derek's side. I understand perfectly well that they are victims of abuse from the mentally unstable Patrick. All I'm saying is let's remain civil. :)
We are, but I can't balme soprano31 for his outburst. (y)
and it's not like the night guy stopped pushing the buttons :cautious:, he could have feel, that this topic don't do him any favor, and now he is crying in the fan-art topic, complaining how toxic this place is, becasue his views are challanged:whistle:.

But ITS Only a Game:whistle::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: moonhowler1972
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes