Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Weird how DPC still hasn't posted a preview for Episode 11, at this point in the last dev cycle he was already on preview number 2.

How else could this thread produce the usual high quality content if there isn't new to be analysed/discussed.

/s

It's always funny to look back and see how much we got right/wrong with the info the previews from Episode 10 gave us, for example no one could guessed Bella's preview was her playing beer pong, also Nora ass was a subject of heated debate (I guessed right btw)

Can't wait to get the first preview and start the process, the update will take months to get done, so might as well try make some predictions while we wait.

By the way, I'm betting on Quinn getting the first preview.

8cgraz.jpg

SagePage

Jan 10, 2024
The way I see it, is different children need different methods. Treat it as...as a team. Someone needs long talks, someone needs to be yelled at, someone needs to be praised all the time. If you overdo the soft parent part, you may end up with spoiled brat - look at the damn schools in USA where kids openly confront teachers 20+ years older with "come at me bro", if you overdo the strict dad part - you may end up having a kid with broken childhood hating on you.
Maya's dad is in the wrong, obviously. His point of view is understandable, though - he wants his kids to apply to some standards. Too bad that his kids are no longer teenagers who need guidance.
That last part is what makes what he does so particularly shitty, he's trying to exert a control he should not have anymore. Maya is an adult not a toddler or child. Part of parenting is losing control if it wasn't you'd be 22 years old doing what your mum tells you. Once your kid gets to 18 their life is their's to decide and you may not like or agree with the choices they make but they are the ones that get to make them. By the time she'd graduate she'd be in her 20s that is WAY beyond when a parent should be getting a controlling say in someone's life. Patrick's behavior in this is ridiculous.

What Patrick is doing has nothing to do with parenting. He's threatening an adults access to higher education to exert control of her life. On top he also loses his temper and hurts her not because she did anything at all but he's simply angry and lashes out.

It should not need to be said that blackmailing someone with their future as the leverage is simply cruel. When the character used their own child's trust in them to get that leverage the character is a proper cunt sob story or no. Every fucker has a sob story of some sort.

I'm kinda surprised Patrick = cunt is even a discussion tbh.

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
I don't know what you guys are talking about here.
Bruises... Since when did people become so worried about bruises?
When I was a kid, my dad whipped me so that I couldn't sit up for a week, and I slept on my stomach.
But it was well deserved.
I've learned those lessons.
And damn it, I love my dad, and I'm grateful to him for everything.
Depends on context. This isn't the same as spanking a kid. Maya is an adult, she doesn't live under his roof anymore, and Patrick is no longer responsible for her behavior. He shouldn't be putting his hands on her at all.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
You are all too quick to judge Patrick. Maybe he was defending himself? Maya was distracting him by her sinful ways and Quinn was about to taser him right before MC showed up.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Immoral... define... what is immoral and wicked? Because using that definition... especially considering biblical implications, one could say that Maya and Josey are "evil" in what they are doing from Maya's father's perspective.

My point is, there's two sides to this story, and you seem fine with applying these definitions to the father ONLY and not Maya and Josey.

When you apply moral standards, try and do it EQUALLY to EVERYONE involved.

Anyhow... try and remember that this is JUST A GAME.
From the way you describe it, Patrick would be a sociopath, if not a psychopath. That's not even that far-fetched. Outwardly and in the presence of uninvolved people, Patrick behaves like the perfect father and husband. But when no uninvolved person is present, he shows his true colors.

Ergo, Patrick knows very well that he is doing something wrong and therefore his actions are premeditated. Such people can be very dangerous.

Of course there are two sides to the story. We understand how Patrick became this way and we also feel sorry for what happened to Helen. But that still doesn't justify how Patrick treats his children. That's what's immoral.

Don't start religiosity because I don't like religion. These are all just hypocritical writings written by old men in the past to maintain their power. True faith does not need religion and the God I believe in will not punish a person just because he is in love. It doesn't matter whether it is a homosexual or heterosexual love. Love is love.

Reactions: Gacktoer and GoWFO

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
From the way you describe it, Patrick would be a sociopath, if not a psychopath. That's not even that far-fetched. Outwardly and in the presence of uninvolved people, Patrick behaves like the perfect father and husband. But when no uninvolved person is present, he shows his true colors.

Ergo, Patrick knows very well that he is doing something wrong and therefore his actions are premeditated. Such people can be very dangerous.

Of course there are two sides to the story. We understand how Patrick became this way and we also feel sorry for what happened to Helen. But that still doesn't justify how Patrick treats his children. That's what's immoral.

Don't start religiosity because I don't like religion. These are all just hypocritical writings written by old men in the past to maintain their power. True faith does not need religion and the God I believe in will not punish a person just because he is in love. It doesn't matter whether it is a homosexual or heterosexual love. Love is love.
Bro, you can't forget that Derek defends his father's actions. ALL of us saw the look Derek gave when we asked him about knowin the shit goin on. I know all Derek's fans are probably going to come down on me with facepalms and shit, but it's true. I didn't like Derek before and now, I actually hate him.

• Angry
Reactions: Mtmtmt007

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Bro, you can't forget that Derek defends his father's actions. ALL of us saw the look Derek gave when we asked him about knowin the shit goin on. I know all Derek's fans are probably going to come down on me with facepalms and shit, but it's true. I didn't like Derek before and now, I actually hate him.
Of course, Derek defends his father. Maya also immediately said to the MC so that her father didn't hit her. But it happens again and again IRL to make victims excuse the actions of perpetrators. Especially when it comes to family members. Why is that? Because there is a psychological dependency. Maya, Derek and Helen have an existential dependency on this. That's the only reason Patrick has control.

Such people need someone outside to help them. At BaDIK it is the MC for Maya and Derek. You yourself wrote and it is also written so that Derek can defend his father. But the MC becomes more of a father to Derek than Patrick is the moment he hugs him.

36 Ninjas

Feb 27, 2018
I don't think it's this simple, Derek doesn't defend his actions he knows it's wrong and even tells you:

1705368311360.png

You have to remember Derek is also a victim here, anywhere near the realm of how much Maya suffers but still a victim none the less. You see this kind of thought mentality with a lot of abuse victims that there has to be a "Good reason" their abusers do the things that they do. In Derek's case it's not that his Dad is a bad person(even though he is) it's just "he's like that because of stress" when you view people through rose tinted goggles all red flags just look like flags.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Of course, Derek defends his father. Maya also immediately said to the MC so that her father didn't hit her. But it happens again and again IRL to make victims excuse the actions of perpetrators. Especially when it comes to family members. Why is that? Because there is a psychological dependency. Maya, Derek and Helen have an existential dependency on this. That's the only reason Patrick has control.

Such people need someone outside to help them. At BaDIK it is the MC for Maya and Derek. You yourself wrote and it is also written so that Derek can defend his father. But the MC becomes more of a father to Derek than Patrick is the moment he hugs him.
Yeah. The only help I gave was knockin Patrick on his ass. I can give more of that type of help if needed. They say that when you're sick, you need to take your medicine every 4 - 6 hours. I got plenty of medicine for him. :ROFLMAO:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I feel bad for Maya's dad with regards to his wife. However, he was deceptive with regards to the college money and he's excessively grabby with his kiddo's - keep your hands to yourself dude. If he had conditions for the college money, he should have been up-front about it, that way Maya could make her own decisions and perhaps get herself in ridiculous debt with college loans.

So far, from what we know of the story, Patrick is guilty of deceiving his kids and thus entrapping them financially and he's guilty of hurting Maya's arm by grabbing her during arguments. While I feel bad for the stress he's under taking care of his sick wife, this does not excuse this behavior.

He is hereby ordered to rescind the previous (and probably illegal) loan agreement with his children, and is ordered to co-sign legal loan agreements for the rest of their college needs.

judge dredd.gif

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
And all I needed was to sleep 4 hours to miss the most interesting part. :LOL:
I’ll say right away - Night Hacker is not a troll, this is the last thing he would do, since I know him. It’s just that his opinion is in the minority, and here too, I can't agree with the majority of what is written. I understand that Patrick is a broken man - the love of his life is slowly dying before his eyes and this has greatly affected his mental state.
But this is not a reason or justification for making your daughter’s life hell, threatening to ruin her life by depriving her of an education...for such selfish reasons as “I want Helen to see her grandchildren.” Your children are not your property, Patrick, they are independent individuals, especially since they are almost adults, and you don't have any moral rights for superiority over them, keeping your finances under control. This is blackmail and abuse.
No matter how hard it was for him, he had a choice in this situation. Be a worthy father, a support and moral guide for your children, set a good example of what kind of person you should be in a difficult situation. But Patrick betrayed Maya and put a knife in her back. Moreover, he is not a very smart person. Now about his homophobic views from the Middle Ages. "Okay, I'll blackmail my daughter into dropping out of college, force her to break off her relationship with Josy and she will stop being a lesbian and become straight." - Patrick, are you serious? Well, you are:
tumblr_898fe61787ee466ef17aec22fe88c651_6bb56c55_540.gif
Yes, in many ways his views have changed on this situation, and it is not surprising that he does just that. I know deeply religious people, they usually try to impose their reality on other people and can be a nightmare for their family members. Another argument for good measure that Patrick is an unworthy person.

Whatever it may be, Patrick’s children see that dad is a bad example. Derek is in college for his sister, not living for himself. Maya, no matter how hard Patrick tries, turns out to be his complete opposite. In one of the routes, when you break up with M/J, she says that "I can't control another person's feelings. That would be terrible and that's not the path I'll take."
Patrick did everything wrong in raising his children. When your children are 5 years old, you can completely control them because they are not capable. But when they're almost 20, you have to accept their choices and respect them. If you don’t agree with something, you can discuss it with them and consult. But if you think that adult children can be placed under total control using financial leverage, this is very wrong.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
This has to be trolling and if not, please don't procreate.
Don't worry, you'll be happy to know that my late wife and I could not gave children. If you're lucky, I'll die a horrible death alone because I disagreed with you on a game.

Anyhow, there's good reason why I avoid these discussions. I'll stick to fan art (by the way, I just posted my scene subset of Patrick, my hero, in the fan art thread :p )

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Yes, in many ways his views have changed on this situation, and it is not surprising that he does just that. I know deeply religious people, they usually try to impose their reality on other people and can be a nightmare for their family members. Another argument for good measure that Patrick is an unworthy person.
I don't think the problem is that Patrick is "religious" the problem is he is a very bad Christian if he even is one he should be showing his daughter love even if you disagree with her choices. Patrick told MC you can't judge me that is one of the stupidest things someone can say, you can and should judge someone actions and by Patrick actions he's awful person

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I don't think the problem is that Patrick is "religious" the problem is he is a very bad Christian if he even is one he should be showing his daughter love even if you disagree with her choices. Patrick told MC you can't judge me that is one of the stupidest things someone can say, you can and should judge someone actions and by Patrick actions he's awful person
Well, this is like an addition to the problem, his views. The icing on the cake. Patrick thinks that he has the moral superiority, to do anything and treat his daugher like shit, because he considers himself a victim. And God will forgive everything. “You can’t judge me,” yes, that’s exactly the moment. Hypocritical bastard.

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
I don't think the problem is that Patrick is "religious" the problem is he is a very bad Christian if he even is one he should be showing his daughter love even if you disagrees with her choices. Patrick told MC you can't judge me that is one of the stupidest things someone can say, you can and should judge someone actions and by Patrick actions he's awful person
I agree But he Just toke what he want from the Religion Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others but he didn't take it all he just toke the first Do not Judge :LOL: and the rest left it simple so he Judges his Daughter action even if she's wrong The Verse Clear Who are you to Judge but if we come to personality he wasn't like this he Loved his Wife because she was that Type of women who say Thank you, Lord, For I can Walk And see and hear and Have roof over my head but she Change and he Try to take this Candle To light it With Hope But his way is Off Mark Simple Like man wanted to light the Candle instead he light the house :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Darkwen
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes