Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
So he can do 3 scenes for Madame including writing, coding, renders and animations in up to 4 days (maybe as little as one day), but a few static renders for Maya will take 2-3 days, I know he'll be creating a new environment for the special renders but it still makes little sense that it would take the same amount of time as three full scenes take. The Madame scenes clearly take longer than he said they do in the Q&A.
Depends on what he as already in the pipeline and what not.

Lets get back to January 5th, where he said he has already rendered 63 animations and posed 85.

Which is impossible to do in 2 weeks no matter if those animations are long or short... So its obvious he had something done in advance even before episode 10 was released.

Scenes like "Madame" or other lewd scenes are kinda perfect for that. He already knows before he even has a total picture of the upcoming episode if he wants to create this or that lewd scene for some characters (or other scenes and things). So he can make them or something for them in advance. (for example... the cathy and jade dream lewd scenes in the early episodes were done at once. He just released them bit by bit)

And it is in fact a really HUGE difference if he has to create the evironment too or if it already exists. Its not that much work to add just the characters into an already existing environment. Its a little more than "copy and paste"... creating the whole background and evironment does take time. Changing already existing environment is pretty easy too.

All in all, it really depends on what he already has in store, what he can "reuse" and what he has to create from scratch.

I dont get the obsession with the special renders... but its nothing new that DPC likes to create stuff from scratch even for pointless things... the "creating" part of the creative process is something he enjoys VERY much. Doesnt matter what it is about... so its not that surpising that he makes that much effort only for some maya special renders. And i think he needs this kind of work just to distract himself from the average "hamster wheel"

I watched a little how the creating process runs via DAZ and other tools... its fascinating how FAST you can create several static renders in a row if the environment is already there. Its just some mouseclicks here and there adjusting the pose of the models and so on... i watched a video maybe 2 years ago where a DEV from a renpy game posed about 50 static renders in less than an hour (the video was of course fast forwarded). And than he started to create a bedroom with a lot of stuff in it... it took him 20 hours just to create this room without anything else. So yeah it is "plausible" why he needs so much time for the special renders... but... it really doesnt matter does it? Its just a couple of days. And he isnt doing that many special renders anyways... for him its just for fun. Lets give him that.

To me its totally pointless why he does so much effort only for special renders... creating a whole scene only for that with a special made environment and so on... but... yeah thats DPC to you. If he has fun creating something, he will, even if its pointless to anybody else.

*Edit* oh back to the DEV report... kinda forgot it... So static renders all over the place. Kinda curious how many he has done already... the big scene he has finished was about 400 renders big he said... btw... done in less than 2 weeks. So yeah, static renders are not the bottleneck for a DEV cycle at all. It seems like he doesnt have the right mind to code and write these days... its art art and more art. Well, at least he has done enough writing to do the art for 4 other scenes, thats something... Overall, the DEV reports doesnt gave away any numbers to work with, which is annoying... but if you read them it looks like DPC is making A LOT progress, but... only numbers will tell. And that he is holding back those numbers concerns me a little...

2 months now... he should be at about 1000 static renders and about 100 animations rendered to be on track for a maybe 10 months release... and, dont know... it doesnt look like it.

Last edited:

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
So he can do 3 scenes for Madame including writing, coding, renders and animations in up to 4 days (maybe as little as one day), but a few static renders for Maya will take 2-3 days, I know he'll be creating a new environment for the special renders but it still makes little sense that it would take the same amount of time as three full scenes take. The Madame scenes clearly take longer than he said they do in the Q&A.
He can't give his real numbers, DPC doesn't want people to make calculations about his work. This is pure capitalism, brother. I'm not going to judge DPC for that I would do the same. :HideThePain:

• Haha
Reactions: The Dick

TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022
I watched a little how the creating process runs via DAZ and other tools... its fascinating how FAST you can create several static renders in a row if the environment is already there. Its just some mouseclicks here and there adjusting the pose of the models and so on... i watched a video maybe 2 years ago where a DEV from a renpy game posed about 50 static renders in less than an hour (the video was of course fast forwarded). And than he started to create a bedroom with a lot of stuff in it... it took him 20 hours just to create this room without anything else. So yeah it is "plausible" why he needs so much time for the special renders... but... it really doesnt matter does it? Its just a couple of days. And he isnt doing that many special renders anyways... for him its just for fun. Lets give him that.
whats the name of dev on youtube?

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023

This week, I worked on the big scene I mentioned in the last update. I'll be able to finish it this weekend and move on to something else.

I've planned the theme and every render of Maya's Special Render set, and I will pose that after I finish up with the current scene. I usually need 2-3 days to create the art and code for the special render sets these days. For her set, I'll need to create a vibrant custom environment. It will be fun!

After that, I will continue working on art for another scene. As a whole, it will be another full week of static renders on the schedule.

Checking my code and dialogue, I see that I've been very busy with making art. I only have four fully written scenes for which I can create art before I need to get back to writing.

Poll news
A cosmetic poll for Sage will start tomorrow. Usually, I have one or two favorites among the options, but for this one, I'm torn between all of them. So, I'll leave the final decision with you. Sign up as a +$10 patron (DIK tier and above) to participate.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake​
The scene I started working on yesterday will need ~400-600 renders to complete - it's massive.
At least we know he finished the big 400-600 renders scene he announced in the last status update.
400-600 renders in a week is very fast.
Which actually supports the theory that this big scene takes place at Bella's house. Well, either that or it's DIK mansion, where it looks like the showdown to find the traitors has begun.

Reactions: TREXrg

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
whats the name of dev on youtube?
dude, it was 2 years ago, i just followed some link out of a reddit post, i dont even know the game (what i know is that its abandoned) i was just interested on how this work looks. But you can find several videos on how creating stuff with DAZ and company so you can easily get a grasp of how complicated some things are and how easy others.

oh, and it was NOT on youtube, iam not 100% sure if i remember correctly but i think it was on dailymotion. but doesnt matter anyways... as i said, there are tons of videos where people create stuff with DAZ. I would have posted the link if i would remember anything about it... was really funny to see how 50 renders were created in 2 minutes fast forward an real time was about an hour... :D

Last edited:

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Madams' boobs are perfection so naturally it would take longer to create the one, true, only goddess in the game :love:

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
I hope the shit with Maya's debt will be on ice for a while. Give us more frat politics, less minigames I'm not gonna touch anyway and of course I just wanna "fix" Lily and hatefuck Sallie.
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Scorn.
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes