iamcomming

Apr 22, 2024
Well... Except Riona. She's been kinda pissed off with Quinn lately and will be even more after the kidnapping (unless Quinn dies *).
Rio has a speaking with Quinn about Quinn dont humiliate Rio as with tommy. looked like they make peace. i can imagine after this kidnapping, they will leave this whole drug stuff and ignoring each other

The lowest point between Quinn and Riona was the slap, which is very old stuff, though. Now it depends on how the kidnapping issue will be resolved, we'll see. Vinnie as villain catalyzes much of the responsibility, and unless Quinn decides to do nothing, hide the kidnapping and leave Riona to her fate, she likely will play a role in freeing her
i dont think Quinn have option to hide this. if mc like Rio, he will wondering where is she, why not answer her phone. if she is missing, should he call the police? if Quinn say no, than he should ask why? oh wait, but mc is dumb. ok Quinn can hide it very well:ROFLMAO:
about the slap, i think the humiliate is worse than the slap for Rio. Quinn probably not consider Rio as a friend, Quinn personality "first of all what about myself" type Rio will be just second thought.
Rio have problems about Quinn how treats her. as she said to Cammy. and maybe it will be very stereotype, but i think the japanese culture admits the honor specialy highly, so the slap is one thing, but the emotional damage worth more

Quinn will likely hide the kidnapping for now, maybe she tells the MC is her route. Either way their relation will be very shaken.
i think she will want deal with it herself at first and only later will "ask" help from mc and/or maybe tommy (because it is about vinny)
Surely Quinn will hide the kidnapping; she has no reason to make the news known to those who do not already know about her affairs. But the question is will she alone or with others rescue Riona, or will the poor girl have to go it alone. I believe the former, the latter would be an undying guilt
I was thinking, the obvious choice would be to ask Tremolo for help, but then I remembered there's a path he's not friends with Quinn. Thinking further -- never played because I like Riona --, there may be a path in which you completely ignore both Quinn and Riona, and MC's reaction when he hears the kidnapping news would be "who?"

Anyway, since this is obviously a canon event to all paths, I think it's still the obvious choice to have the MC in it -- it wouldn't make too much sense to watch it in 3rdP/God's POV. How Mr. DPC will solve the issue when the MC is not their friend, it's his problem...

I just hope there won't be an Acting Lessons style Sophia's choice scene. Not really a good thing when at first; it would make me die from cringe if it happens a second time.

EDIT:

Well... It may be so, but I don't think money's the issue here... He may ask for the money as a symbolic gesture and punishment, but I think what Vinny wants is to get rid of Quinn messing with his business. Also, though your money solution makes sense in the abstract, I think it would be such a simple solution that would kill all the drama. Besides, if there's one path wherein someone was injured or even killed and another where nothing like that happened, it will create such a mess in the game's development... Please, don't give Mr. DPC any ideas to delay his updates even more...

PS: yeah... I know it worked in Acting Lessons, but then were just one or two chapters 'till the end... Imagine five or six chapters like this...
well, we lost Mona, so we can lost Rio too. my favorite is Rio so it will be sad for me, but no matter, the fact, there is a way for losing her.
maybe dpc want deal with the whole kidnappen stuff on eazy way. going to vinny and buddy (i hope it is the name of the partner of Quinn's father) and they will just speaking and dealing like the hots should party with diks or alfas. :ROFLMAO:
dpc just end the Jill route with some mc's inner thought what is very cheap. dpc can just giving a scene about Quinn go to vinny and come back with Rio. like when Quinn's stuff got stolen so she have to sell the stuff on 2x price. mc not really have anything to do with it. if he is on Maya and Jojo path, Quinn refuse the help with the blood.

Reactions: The Dick

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
i dont think Quinn have option to hide this. if mc like Rio, he will wondering where is she, why not answer her phone. if she is missing, should he call the police? if Quinn say no, than he should ask why? oh wait, but mc is dumb. ok Quinn can hide it very well:ROFLMAO:
Quinn doesn't have to hide it for weeks ... a couple of days at most, time to work it out.

it's thanksgiving, many are away, back with their families, if she said Riona is away too I don't think it would raise as much concern. Mc himself will be gone a couple of days in his hometown.

She can warn Mc, maybe Tommy, but she would never tell Sage, for example, it would only create more problems

TheBigWater

Sep 24, 2019

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Bro, she's just stoned as fuck. Loot at her eyes. She smoked all the weed she had
I know that in the earlier episodes she looks strung out all the time, but that's not really the impression I get here, especially since Quinn basically shoves MC's cock in her ass. But IIRC it doesn't change anything going forward, so maybe I'm just misreading her body language.

iamcomming

Apr 22, 2024
Quinn doesn't have to hide it for weeks ... a couple of days at most, time to work it out.

it's thanksgiving, many are away, back with their families, if she said Riona is away too I don't think it would raise as much concern. Mc himself will be gone a couple of days in his hometown.

She can warn Mc, maybe Tommy, but she would never tell Sage, for example, it would only create more problems
yea, totally sure she wont tell Sage.
i am not sure about Quinn can save Rio in a few days. maybe dpc want the Rio saving for season3 ending
i hope not

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
wow for me in each episode the free roam parts are the most fun and exciting im surprised so many ppl don't like them.
I don't mind the free roams once (could live without them at all, but once is doable). But if you're playing multiple paths and have to go through them many times (for me 10), they get very annoying.

Reactions: Riaman and Cedrog

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
yea, totally sure she wont tell Sage.
i am not sure about Quinn can save Rio in a few days. maybe dpc want the Rio saving for season3 ending
i hope not
Save Rio at the end of Season 3??? That'll be like two months later in the game. Even a week would be too much time. Plus why the hell would Vinny keep her for an extended period of time, that would tell him Quinn doesn't give a fuck and Rio is useless as a bargaining chip. This demands an immediate response, the only real variable is if you and Quinn are close, to determine how long she'll take to tell you (ASAP or after Thanksgiving weekend at most).

I've said it before, this plot point is way too big for a story like this. I know Acting Lessons has poisoned any hope that DPC can tell a story without some sudden, dark twist, but kidnapping Rio and actually going as far to injure, torture or even kill her would have the entire game come to a grinding halt. A lot of people don't care about Maya and her contract issue, but everyone is forced to deal with it no matter what. Killing Rio—or anyone—will be received similarly, which makes something like this rather pointless beyond shock value and retreading old territory.

Riaman

Nov 27, 2020
It will come out in 2025, with each EP he is adding 800 more renders, maybe it has more animations than the last EP.
This is how branching works, each newer episode has more and more variations. It is ridiculous to compare older streamlined episodes with newer branched ones with various outcomes based on past choices. I always throught it would be either December 2024 or January 2025.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
This is how branching works, each newer episode has more and more variations. It is ridiculous to compare older streamlined episodes with newer branched ones with various outcomes based on past choices. I always throught it would be either December 2024 or January 2025.
By the time we get the penultimate episode, DPC will have created an entire universe to account for all the branching. And then that's when he announces the Being a DIK remaster before he finishes the last episode :HideThePain:

RK - Milf

Apr 30, 2023
Damn we need loki to fix those branches

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
But is it that branched? And, even if so, is it more branched that it previously was? OK... From ep. 1 to 3, it was more or less linear, but, episode 4, for instance, there are some common scenes but almost half of it is branched in 3 -- Sage, Derek, and Bella paths. Than, from ep. 5 onwards, there was already a Maya & Josy branch separated from the rest (at least for me, who was playing the others, but it's, at least, a double branch). There were also scenes that, even if you could get them in the same path, you have to play twice because they were mutually exclusive -- like sick Sage/Jill's date. Even when the scenes were not branched, there were always moments alone with a single girl, like, the Sage moment, the Jill moment, and so on; the difference now is you have to play the game 5 times to get all the scenes.

This "branching" in the episode 8 was an illusion; another master trick of the great psychologist Mr. DPC to have an excuse for increased development time. Take ep. 4, for instance: it was developed in ~4 months. OK, it has almost half of renders and animations of newer episodes, but, doing a gross calculation, newer episodes could be developed in 8 months.

And the newer episodes are not that complex compared to the complexity of the past. Take ep. 9, for instance, an endless freeroam with flashbacks with minor variations. Then, in each path, you have some moment with your loved one -- oh, my god! This is so complex! But it's not. The difference, in the past, is you could do all the scenes in the same freeroam -- or not, because it was already branched! So, nothing changed except for a subjective psychological illusion that things are more complex now than in the past (and a change in development time, of course...).

(And, no, I won't do a map of all the branching since ep. 1 to prove my theory... Everyone believes what everyone wants to believe... That's what I believe. Of course, there's an increase in complexity *in every game* as time passes by, but the idea that there was an increase in complexity -- more than the normal -- from ep. 8 onwards is an illusion.)
What has got more complex is the dialogue/pathing/variables after Ep8. Trying to make sure that the main storyline stays sensible and true no matter what path your own. Example if you are talking to the HOTs, some dialogue will be different whether you are with Sage or Lily or noone. But, surely in nearly all of the cases the render would be exactly the same (I'm not a Dev, so I could be wrong). But, he wouldn't have to do 5 different renders of the same scene.

DPC actually does change some of that dialogue to reflect your choices, which really helps with the immersion and why so many people love it. Unlike some other Devs, where the main storyline has barely anything different no matter which girl you're with and feels really disjointed.

But this has been the case since we had to choose, I don't believe there has been any significant rise in complexity since that point. (No more than any other AVN where choices matter anyway).

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Not everything has to be a twist, Ruin Johnson, a lot of time the most likely outcome is the right choice. It will also be the perfect moment to do it because it will be a tragedy in the lost potential, her and MC relationship just about started, the MC still hasn't completed the quest to make her squirt, her relationship with Quinn was not resolved one way, or another.

Her possible demise has more weight in how it affects the rest of the cast. Where does Quinn go after the fact? How does a MC that was romancing her vs a MC that is just friendly with her reacts? Does Sage find out about some of the things going behind her back and now blames herself for not noticing them sooner to 'save' Riona? Is Camy so depressed that her old friend Mona comes back and tries to reach out to her?

There is plenty of narrative value, not excluding elevating Vinny above the rest of the villains in the game, its just that I don't see DPC going the murder a LI route again after the shitshow he created the last time.
I see it the same way as you. DPC has already hinted at it. The MC player has to make a choice.

Riona is kidnapped, the MC tells Derek to get Maya to safety and the MC Storyteller said who doesn't want to keep someone they love safe. That generates 3 possibilities.

1. The MC helps Riona.

2. The MC helps Maya

3. The MC doesn't help either of them.

That looks a lot like Branch dependency to me.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes