DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
I would accept that if the game lasted long enough to give us grandkids too.
DPC Presents: Being an Old DIK
You laugh but I would not be surprised if this is his actual current plan.
Dude seems comfortable with extending the development times long enough so that this year he will go well beyond the 1 year mark, he could really be trying to make badik his magnum opus, no matter how long it takes which I can't help but respect, creatively speaking.

But the thing left to figure out is whether this strategy is compatible with his long term financial goals, it's inevitable that BADIK becomes extremely outdated some time in the future, if he's still working on it by that then it'll certainly be interesting to see if/how he'll adapt.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
You laugh but I would not be surprised if this is his actual current plan.
Dude seems comfortable with extending the development times long enough so that this year he will go well beyond the 1 year mark, he could really be trying to make badik his magnum opus, no matter how long it takes which I can't help but respect, creatively speaking.

But the thing left to figure out is whether this strategy is compatible with his long term financial goals, it's inevitable that BADIK becomes extremely outdated some time in the future, if he's still working on it by that then it'll certainly be interesting to see if/how he'll adapt.
That's too grand a plan. For one, it would essentially mean he'd be shackled to a single project for the rest of his life. He'd experience burnout long before the halfway point, and abandon it.

Two, these long dev times are not conducive to a decades-spanning game. Like you said, advancements in technology will make the early parts of the game look even more ancient. The better his setup, the more ambitious he gets with scope. 60 FPS is completely unnecessary right now, just imagine if he doubles it again, maybe goes up to 4K resolution for the game.
Look at current TV, and how many years pass between short 10 episode seasons. It would be even worse for BADIK.

Three, the branching would become unfeasible. The college setting keeps the story focused, but once that's gone one of two things will happen: either he sticks with every single path and creates individual stories for everyone, with no unifying element, and the development expands exponentially. Extremely unlikely, especially if he stays a one man team.
Or he prunes the branches, forcing all the stories—no matter how disparate they've become—to converge and start back at square one. Everyone is doing post-grad work. They get jobs at the same place. They move in together. Something happens where the majority of the cast still see each other on a daily basis, stay in the same area, and romance is still blossoming all over the place. A reboot, in other words.

There's more to consider, but I don't want to spend an hour writing my thoughts on this. It's just not likely this is an actual consideration.

Reactions: Riaman

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
That's too grand a plan. For one, it would essentially mean he'd be shackled to a single project for the rest of his life. He'd experience burnout long before the halfway point, and abandon it.

Two, these long dev times are not conducive to a decades-spanning game. Like you said, advancements in technology will make the early parts of the game look even more ancient. The better his setup, the more ambitious he gets with scope. 60 FPS is completely unnecessary right now, just imagine if he doubles it again, maybe goes up to 4K resolution for the game.
Look at current TV, and how many years pass between short 10 episode seasons. It would be even worse for BADIK.

Three, the branching would become unfeasible. The college setting keeps the story focused, but once that's gone one of two things will happen: either he sticks with every single path and creates individual stories for everyone, with no unifying element, and the development expands exponentially. Extremely unlikely, especially if he stays a one man team.
Or he prunes the branches, forcing all the stories—no matter how disparate they've become—to converge and start back at square one. Everyone is doing post-grad work. They get jobs at the same place. They move in together. Something happens where the majority of the cast still see each other on a daily basis, stay in the same area, and romance is still blossoming all over the place. A reboot, in other words.

There's more to consider, but I don't want to spend an hour writing my thoughts on this. It's just not likely this is an actual consideration.
Maybe a sequel - Being A DIK - The Golden Years. They all end up in a retirement home together. :unsure:

lkforever

Apr 24, 2017
Just started this masterpiece. (how tf I missed this all these years!?)

And I have a queston for lore-keepers here. Аt the end of the fourth episode there is a major choice related to Josy&Maya. If they rejected me (because of my high DIK value) and we remained just friends, is it possible to change their decision in the future so that the three of us can be together? Or in a pair with one of them? If yes how far this can happen?
And also what is your opinion, which path is more interesting, to be friends or threesome with them?

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017

And I have a queston for lore-keepers here. Аt the end of the fourth episode there is a major choice related to Josy&Maya. If they rejected me (because of my high DIK value) and we remained just friends, is it possible to change their decision in the future so that the three of us can be together? Or in a pair with one of them? If yes how far this can happen?
And also what is your opinion, which path is more interesting, to be friends or threesome with them?
There's a possibility, there's seeds planted here and there but nothing more yet. Maybe soon.

Throuple forever :giggle:

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023

It may be an option in the future, but at the moment, no.

Feb 19, 2021

I wish not to spoil anything for you. Just keep playing on your own to find out. It's much better that way. ;)

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016

He already said he'll take a break after badik, perhaps even a permanent one, so it might actually be THE project of his life.
At this pace it's quite possible he takes almost a decade to finish the rest of the game.
It doesn't seem absurd to think he might even take longer than that if he keeps his current behaviour.

I mean, just do the math, he took 2 and a half years to finish S1 and 2, then one of the reasons he gave to make the interlude was to take a breather from the main stuff, but then he's already well over 2 years into developing S3 and still has at least another year and some to finish it.

So I admit I do find your talk about being shackled to badik and burning out a bit silly, not because I don't think it can't happen, but because if it happens it's not like it was some completely unforseeable scenario.
While I still think he's one of the creators I trust the most to finish his game, I no longer put it past him to abandon the project whereas a couple of years ago I'd laugh at the idea.

Reactions: Riaman

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
He already said he'll take a break after badik, perhaps even a permanent one, so it might actually be THE project of his life.
At this pace it's quite possible he takes almost a decade to finish the rest of the game.
It doesn't seem absurd to think he might even take longer than that if he keeps his current behaviour.

I mean, just do the math, he took 2 and a half years to finish S1 and 2, then one of the reasons he gave to make the interlude was to take a breather from the main stuff, but then he's already well over 2 years into developing S3 and still has at least another year and some to finish it.

So I admit I do find your talk about being shackled to badik and burning out a bit silly, not because I don't think it can't happen, but because if it happens it's not like it was some completely unforseeable scenario.
While I still think he's one of the creators I trust the most to finish his game, I no longer put it past him to abandon the project whereas a couple of years ago I'd laugh at the idea.
Believing yourself to be capable of a long-term commitment isn't something anyone can do. Actually trusting your resolve and abilities is different than being arrogant enough to think it'll be easy for you. DPC could probably commit to a decade at most, and "could" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that statement.

It's easy to be passionate about something, it's hard to remain passionate. Staying with BADIK for as long as possible is work unto itself, separate from the actual work.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Hey MiltonPowers, I was getting the clip of the preps walking and checked out the rest of the video and found something interesting. It's the movie that's playing during the Halloween party, the one everyone except Maya is ignoring.
1000077598.gif
Am I going insane from simping, or is this who I think it is? :love:

Side note, it's weird how impressive this completely unnecessary animation is. It's more fluid and properly paced than the majority of the game. Plus that fucking titty jiggle when she hits the bookcase ;)

4.80 star(s) 1,549 Votes