Mar 9, 2019
Is anyone still attempting to track numbers and statistics from the status updates? I'm trying to compare the progress of episode 11 to episode 10. I thought if anyone already has the up-to-date numbers (or a mere calculated approximation) I could ask them instead of spending time doing it myself—specifically, animations since they seem to be the common consensus of measuring development time.

Reactions: iamcomming

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Is anyone still attempting to track numbers and statistics from the status updates? I'm trying to compare the progress of episode 11 to episode 10. I thought if anyone already has the up-to-date numbers (or a mere calculated approximation) I could ask them instead of spending time doing it myself—specifically, animations since they seem to be the common consensus of measuring development time.
Well i didnt wrote down the last numbers of the last two or three DEV reports to be total precise now. But in july he has done 3700 static renders and 244 animations. Statics dont mean much, cause he does them when they are needed to finish a scene, its not something he does constantly and it doesnt have an effect on the overall dev cycle at all. The Animation-Render-queue is running 24 hours 7 days a week and setting the overall development pace. The Animations are more or less the only thing that matters to predict a release date, as you already said.

DPC was able to render a little more than 1 animation per day in the last dev cycle for episode 10. And that didnt changed. In the DEV report where DPC said he has rendered 244 animations in total, he said that there were 44 animations already posed for the queue and aimed to add about 100 animations more to it to wrap up everything for the episode. So... in july roughly 140-150 animations were left until the end... a little more than 1 animation per day in mind... that means november or december for the finishline. November is on the optimistic side, december realistic, pessimists will go for 2025. That is as precise as it gets at this point i think.

Mar 9, 2019
Well i didnt wrote down the last numbers of the last two or three DEV reports to be total precise now. But in july he has done 3700 static renders and 244 animations. Statics dont mean much, cause he does them when they are needed to finish a scene, its not something he does constantly and it doesnt have an effect on the overall dev cycle at all. The Animation-Render-queue is running 24 hours 7 days a week and setting the overall development pace. The Animations are more or less the only thing that matters to predict a release date, as you already said.

DPC was able to render a little more than 1 animation per day in the last dev cycle for episode 10. And that didnt changed. In the DEV report where DPC said he has rendered 244 animations in total, he said that there were 44 animations already posed for the queue and aimed to add about 100 animations more to it to wrap up everything for the episode. So... in july roughly 140-150 animations were left until the end... a little more than 1 animation per day in mind... that means november or december for the finishline. November is on the optimistic side, december realistic, pessimists will go for 2025. That is as precise as it gets at this point i think.
I do believe you meant his last animation count from the status update of July 19th, where he said he had 272 animations total (228 completed + 44 posed).

Happy blue screen day! I'm not affected by the global outage (so far). PCs are rendering and I'm working.

I've been writing a lot this week. I focused on writing scenes for the general story and Jill's branch. I've written the broad strokes for Jill's content now. There are a few areas left to fill in for her, but she's the branch closest to completion in terms of writing. The canon story is closing in on completion, too; it's ~80% written.

You might wonder about the rest of the branches, and I'd say the order of most to least completed goes Jill > Others > Bella >> Josy & Maya = Sage. The latter two branches need the most work, and I have plans to get to them eventually.

I think it's safe to say that most of the remaining work is branch-related.

The canon content has received much attention so far during this development cycle. While I'm somewhere around 3600-3700 renders into the development, I still have much left to do for the episode.

I currently estimate that I need four, potentially five, more lewd scenes - if you've kept up with my Status updates, you'll realize I've added a few more along the way.

The current animation count is 272 animations (228 completed + 44 in the render queue).

Episode 10 had 335 animations, meaning I'd need a maximum of 16 animations per remaining lewd scene to get the same amount for episode 11, and that's not going to happen. Given my ambition for the remaining lewd scenes and SFW animations, I can safely say that the animation count will be higher for episode 11.

We'll see how that affects the development cycle in time. This is the first development cycle in which I'm rendering everything @60fps. I can see a need for ~100 more animations to finish the remaining animation work.

I don't have a similar estimate for the remaining static render count; thousands of static renders remain.

I've started writing and working on what I assume to be the biggest free-roam event of the episode. This week, I planned the flow of it, started planning events, wrote parts of it, and dressed 60 characters.

Currently, I'm working on the environment, placing characters in their positions, and setting everything up so that I can continue writing the events. Thanks to these preparation steps, I can hammer out the art swiftly when everything is set up and written.

I'm feeling very creative with the ideas I get as I work on this free-roam event. Since the episode development started, I've had big ambitions for this free-roam event, and I've been looking forward to creating it. I aim to make it one of the highlights of the episode.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
With your confirmation of my belief that he's rendering at a rate of 1 animation per day and considering it's been 37 days - nearly 38 - since that update the current total animation count should be at least 309. Even with the increased frame rate of animations in episode 11, he seems to be keeping pace with episode 10's progress. At this time last year, he had a total animation count of 307.

Reactions: JillybeanEnjoyer

ArtMeat

Aug 30, 2021
i really want to know more about what happened to Jill's sister and mc's mom. theories abound that they are not dead..would be interesting to find out that that is the case. instead of killing character's off..bring back those we thought were dead..
and after playing Jill's route in the last update, i think Jill's mom knows the mc's family on his mother's side..
Of course they do. The house in the background of the picture of MC's mom IS Jill's country home. Jill could be MC's 1/2 sister, for all we know.

Reactions: ZWCook
4.80 star(s) 1,552 Votes