Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
I guess it would be a very DPC thing to do, misdirect everyone into thinking Lynette is connected to the Royces... but then it's actually Bella who knew her. And godmother or not, it would feel like a knockoff incest route, considering her age and relationship to Lynette. The quote unquote next best thing.

Ehhhh. Bella already has this whole thing going on with James, some dark secret, being MC's teacher, I don't think we need to add this as well. I actually don't really want to call her "mommy" either, it feels like it trivializes their relationship. Makes it more carnal than romantic. Bella vs Jade, basically.
The whole "mommy"/pseudo incest is not why I'm into the idea. The whole point of godparents is the duty take over raising a child should something happen to the parents. A duty Bella has unknowingly neglected for 19 years. The guilt trip would be intense. I mean she literally used the phrase "Didn't your mother teach you..." The irony of that reaches whole new levels if it was actually Bella's job to teach him those things in Lynn's place.

Better Cock Spock

Engaged Member
Jul 29, 2017
The whole "mommy"/pseudo incest is not why I'm into the idea. The whole point of godparents is the duty take over raising a child should something happen to the parents. A duty Bella has unknowingly neglected for 19 years. The guilt trip would be intense. I mean she literally used the phrase "Didn't your mother teach you..." The irony of that reaches whole new levels if it was actually Bella's job to teach him those things in Lynn's place.
A godparent is not the same as a legal guardian, despite typically being conflated in fiction. An orphan would not automatically go to their godparents, even though it could happen.

However, Neil and Lynette weren't married, she didn't have a will, and she ran away from her life to be with Neil. I don't think she ever thought about naming anyone a godparent or legal guardian. Maybe if she survived, then it would've come up.

Besides, even if Bella was legally made MC's guardian, Neil is still alive. She could still be in their lives, but there's no legal obligation.

Macky009

Formerly 'Mackey32'
Oct 29, 2020
How so MC's dad is alive so the so called duty your talking is non-existent because one of the two parents is alive. Also if something happen to both parent. The one who will be responsible to the child is the closest blood relative not the Godparent unless they specify to the will of the parents that the child will be taken care of by a specific godparent

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Bella is supposed to be mc's godmother but without knowing it? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
Don't get so caught up on legality guys. You'll turn into emotionally blind sociopaths. All Bella needs to feel guilty about it is an old letter from Lynn where she tells Bella she is running away with Neil, that she was pregnant and wanted Bella to be godmother.

That doesn't make Bella legally bound to do anything. Just like churches, priests and ceremonies don't mean jack shit without legal documents.

The point is that Bella would feel like she let Lynn down.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Don't get so caught up on legality guys. You'll turn into emotionally blind sociopaths. All Bella needs to feel guilty about it is an old letter from Lynn where she tells Bella she is running away with Neil, that she was pregnant and wanted Bella to be godmother.

That doesn't make Bella legally bound to do anything. Just like churches, priests and ceremonies don't mean jack shit without legal documents.

The point is that Bella would feel like she let Lynn down.
In fact Bella needs some guilt, she has too carefree a path :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: Better Cock Spock

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Is Bella finally gonna kiss another woman? Because if so I really need to catch up on my Bella save.

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
Wait, WHAT???

Is it on the fucking Jill path, because of Bianca, but then why Bella? I am confused....
It might be on the Bella path where you've dated Jill before but then broke up with her to continue your relationship with Bella, that way the MC has met Bianca already before but you're still on Bella's path.

4.80 star(s) 1,552 Votes