funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Another priceless tidbit I can't wait to encounter, is when fake prof Burk discovers that his crush (Bella), is dating the MC.
Being a DIK122831.jpg

Will he fire Bella?
Or expel the MC?
Or both?

But one thing I'm convinced of, he will flip out.
Especially after calling him Gramps in Ep1.
:ROFLMAO:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Jos is still a dude's name
"Joe" is indeed a dude's name.
"Jo" is usually short for Joanne, or variations of.
But "Jos" I've never seen as either a straight up name or even shorthand.

Although with today's mentality, and people giving astral names to their kids (which ultimately just sound stupid, and most of those bearing the names tend to be snowflakes just the same). So I can't really ignore "Jos" of actually being a name for someone. But I'll bet they won't pass the drivers license test on the first try though.

I suppose at this point I'm just enjoying the clicking sounds of my keyboard. :ROFLMAO:

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
"Joe" is indeed a dude's name.
"Jo" is usually short for Joanne, or variations of.
But "Jos" I've never seen as either a straight up name or even shorthand.

Although with today's mentality, and people giving astral names to their kids (which ultimately just sound stupid, and most of those bearing the names tend to be snowflakes just the same). So I can't really ignore "Jos" of actually being a name for someone. But I'll bet they won't pass the drivers license test on the first try though.

I suppose at this point I'm just enjoying the clicking sounds of my keyboard. :ROFLMAO:
I've seen Jos (as a male name) and Joss (as both male and female). I think Jos is usually an abbreviation though (Joseph, or Johannes, for instance).

Reactions: Macky009

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I've seen Jos (as a male name) and Joss (as both male and female). I think Jos is usually an abbreviation though (Joseph, or Johannes, for instance).
Joe is also shorthand for Joseph or Joel.
Just like Dick and/or Bob is for Robert.

Johannes would shortened with a simple "Jo" with no "e".

If people are using the male spelling for a girl name,
then they're going outside the norm to try and be original, which it isn't.
It's actually lame and lack of imagination.
Most folks in the more recent generations lack imagination for new unique non-stupid sounding names. So I wouldn't be surprised if more started naming girls with guy names and vice versa.

The moral of the argument is simple, we're pretty fucked as a society.

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
Joe is also shorthand for Joseph or Joel.
Just like Dick and/or Bob is for Robert.

Johannes would shortened with a simple "Jo" with no "e".

If people are using the male spelling for a girl name,
then they're going outside the norm to try and be original, which it isn't.
It's actually lame and lack of imagination.
Most folks in the more recent generations lack imagination for new unique non-stupid sounding names. So I wouldn't be surprised if more started naming girls with guy names and vice versa.

The moral of the argument is simple, we're pretty fucked as a society.
Pretty sure Dick is typically short for Richard and Johannes is a male name so it should be Joe with an e.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Pretty sure Dick is typically short for Richard and Johannes is a male name so it should be Joe with an e.
Shit my bad, and you're 100% correct about the Richard one.

Also I didn't even know about the Johannes thing.
I've seen Joan, Joanne, and also Johane with 1 "n", and Jo-Anne all for girls. I've actually known girls with each of those variations.
Never have I heard of Johannes before. unless it's a sweedish variation of the name or some other Scandinavian country.

This is a new one for me. so I'll concede to your point. But in Canada, never seen that spelling of it before.

Reactions: Roger-a-Dale

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
Shit my bad, and you're 100% correct about the Richard one.

Also I didn't even know about the Johannes thing.
I've seen Joan, Joanne, and also Johane with 1 "n", and Jo-Anne all for girls. I've actually known girls with each of those variations.
Never have I heard of Johannes before. unless it's a sweedish variation of the name or some other Scandinavian country.

This is a new one for me. so I'll concede to your point. But in Canada, never seen that spelling of it before.
Male variant. You know like there's Michael and Michelle, Christian and Christine, Francis and Francine and so on.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi
4.80 star(s) 1,561 Votes