WolfmanBR

Jun 30, 2024
Question: Is there any way to extract the images archives from render gallery? If so, can anyone give pointers? Thanx in advance!!!

BTW: To fuck Sally I'd throw my entire walktrough in the garbage, that's for sure!!!

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022

I've been working on canon scenes all week, some with branch-related content.

I've posed a handful of scenes of varied lengths and am currently halfway through a longer (120+ renders) scene.

To give you a sense of how much of the episode's development remains, here's a summary of what I can state after glancing through my files for episode 11.

• Eleven canon scenes need art. Most of them have completed or partial writing.
  • Two big free-roam events are almost complete. Both are lacking scenes with writing/art.
  • A smaller free-roam event is needed. It's only planned at the moment.
  • Three lewd scenes for main girls remain to create from scratch.
  • Phone content needs plenty of work. It's rather bare-bones at the moment.
  • The branches have remained mostly unchanged since last week. Except for Jill's branch, the other four branches need plenty of work. I cannot estimate how much, but this is the biggest remaining area.
  • Music/SFX needs a lot of work.
  • Mini-games are implemented and only need testing.
  • Rewards, Scenes, and Pack Quest are implemented and only need testing. Some special renders need to be placed in canon story scenes.
  • I have yet to play the majority of the episode, and things may increase the size of this to-do list. Depending on how I feel after playing the episode, more canon scenes or branched scenes may be needed.
Posed renders: 5269 (277 of which are in the render queue)

Posed animations: 306 (39 of which are in the render queue. The count is not exact as some animation files may be merged)

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
Man, my prediction was so spot on lol (https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-10-1-drpinkcake.25332/post-14759487)

5 animations rendered in a week is actually a bit better than expected.

Also, with today data plus the report from 19/07, we can see that DPC averaged 4,85 animations rendered by week, such a shit average, if only he didn't made them all 60fps.

Great report again, unfortunally it basically confirms a february release with how much work is left.

I'd say they are around 1800 statics & 65 animations that still need to be posed & rendered plus the current content in the queue.

Plus all the testing DPC still has to do, which might add some more on his to do list.

Mar 9, 2019

I've posed a handful of scenes of varied lengths and am currently halfway through a longer (120+ renders) scene.

To give you a sense of how much of the episode's development remains, here's a summary of what I can state after glancing through my files for episode 11.

• Two big free-roam events are almost complete. Both are lacking scenes with writing/art.
  • The branches have remained mostly unchanged since last week. Except for Jill's branch, the other four branches need plenty of work. I cannot estimate how much, but this is the biggest remaining area.
  • Rewards, Scenes, and Pack Quest are implemented and only need testing. Some special renders need to be placed in canon story scenes.
  • I have yet to play the majority of the episode, and things may increase the size of this to-do list. Depending on how I feel after playing the episode, more canon scenes or branched scenes may be needed.

Posed animations: 306 (39 of which are in the render queue. The count is not exact as some animation files may be merged)

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Got Dayum, this mfer! He just described three months of work and still thinks that's not everything left to do. Well, the much-awaited statistics and numbers have fallen upon us... and crushed my December soapbox along with it.
1726234176484.png

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
Man, my prediction was so spot on lol (https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-10-1-drpinkcake.25332/post-14759487)

5 animations rendered in a week is actually a bit better than expected.

Also, with today data plus the report from 19/07, we can see that DPC averaged 4,85 animations rendered by week, such a shit average, if only he didn't made them all 60fps.

Great report again, unfortunally it basically confirms a february release with how much work is left.

I'd say they are around 1800 statics & 65 animations that still need to be posed & rendered plus the current content in the queue.

Plus all the testing DPC still has to do, which might add some more on his to do list.
I wouldn't say it was spot on and think February is too pessimistic. Wouldn't be surprised if we slip out of Autumn and into Winter but when so much of what's left is writing and statics, that's far quicker than animations (of which the length we don't know, only numbers).

Peyotel

Sep 12, 2017
im sorry but i cant start the game. for few years i played this game and today i want start again and had to install the game again. my renpy folder is inside the beingadik folder. i try to cop paste the savefiles i load down from here. in the savefiles and in the renp folder. im too stupid and mabe long time out working with pc. hope anbod can help so i can pla this game. thx

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
I wouldn't say it was spot on and think February is too pessimistic. Wouldn't be surprised if we slip out of Autumn and into Winter but when so much of what's left is writing and statics, that's far quicker than animations (of which the length we don't know, only numbers).
Any non-animation task is fairly quick, the problem is the animations that always take forever to render.

If we assume that there are around 100 animations that need to be rendered (some not even posed) at a average of 5 per week that would take around 20 weeks.

Now sure, that average will probably increase to 7-8 when the statics ran out, but that doesn't change the fact that it will take months before they are all done.

Then add all the remaining task & testing and bam we are at february.

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
Any non-animation task is fairly quick, the problem is the animations that always take forever to render.

If we assume that there are around 100 animations that need to be rendered (some not even posed) at a average of 5 per week that would take around 20 weeks.

Now sure, that average will probably increase to 7-8 when the statics ran out, but that doesn't change the fact that it will take months before they are all done.

Then add all the remaining task & testing and bam we are at february.
Animations can take forever to render, but the problem is we have too much imperfect information to make any prediction with them:
- We don't know how long each file is.
- DPC keeps merging files at unknown times, making the full number inconsistent.

The "two big free-roams" are no doubt to do with the party which means dozens of bodies to pose over and over, so once that's through I get the feeling there'll be a speed-up when doing the "scenes" which usually involve up to five characters at most.

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
Animations can take forever to render, but the problem is we have too much imperfect information to make any prediction with them:
- We don't know how long each file is.
- DPC keeps merging files at unknown times, making the full number inconsistent.

The "two big free-roams" are no doubt to do with the party which means dozens of bodies to pose over and over, so once that's through I get the feeling there'll be a speed-up when doing the "scenes" which usually involve up to five characters at most.
Animations have been the bottleneck since EP 7-8, usually the last few reports are always DPC just mentioning how many are left in the queue and that testting can only begin after all are rendered.

You are right in saying that we can't know for sure how long each file is nor the exact amount left (yet) but my prediction is based on the 19/07 report when he mentioned he had 270 posed animations and he still needed around 100 more (to be posed) so the update should have around 370 animations in total.

You are also correct that after he is done with the freeroams his speed should increase a bit, yet the workload left is no joke.

That plus his known trends gives me lot of confidence in saying that the update isn't coming this year or even january.

19Castiel23

Jul 25, 2017

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
I am still confident about December. :cool:

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
Animations have been the bottleneck since EP 7-8, usually the last few reports are always DPC just mentioning how many are left in the queue and that testting can only begin after all are rendered.

You are right in saying that we can't know for sure how long each file is nor the exact amount left (yet) but my prediction is based on the 19/07 report when he mentioned he had 270 posed animations and he still needed around 100 more (to be posed) so the update should have around 370 animations in total.

You are also correct that after he is done with the freeroams his speed should increase a bit, yet the workload left is no joke.

That plus his known trends gives me lot of confidence in saying that the update isn't coming this year or even january.
I think the problem with that report is that 19/07 took place after the first major merge (so that "270" was larger by an unknown amount). So if were were to say "100" left from that point who knows how long they'll take.

Do agree that the animations have been the bottleneck for a while now (and the 60fps thing is still utterly weird to me).

I think the key at this point won't be the animations but rather this "short free-roam" and whether:
A - DPC decides to randomly feature-creep it.
B - Is it existing or new assets.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

Andolt

Nov 16, 2020
Yeah, it looks like it's coming out in December 2024. Especially with the info in the last status update about the main theme being Christmas. But it's almost confirmed that episode 3 won't be out until 2026 at the earliest.

4.80 star(s) 1,561 Votes