shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024

I've been working on canon scenes all week, some with branch-related content.

I've posed a handful of scenes of varied lengths and am currently halfway through a longer (120+ renders) scene.

To give you a sense of how much of the episode's development remains, here's a summary of what I can state after glancing through my files for episode 11.

• Eleven canon scenes need art. Most of them have completed or partial writing.
  • Two big free-roam events are almost complete. Both are lacking scenes with writing/art.
  • A smaller free-roam event is needed. It's only planned at the moment.
  • Three lewd scenes for main girls remain to create from scratch.
  • Phone content needs plenty of work. It's rather bare-bones at the moment.
  • The branches have remained mostly unchanged since last week. Except for Jill's branch, the other four branches need plenty of work. I cannot estimate how much, but this is the biggest remaining area.
  • Music/SFX needs a lot of work.
  • Mini-games are implemented and only need testing.
  • Rewards, Scenes, and Pack Quest are implemented and only need testing. Some special renders need to be placed in canon story scenes.
  • I have yet to play the majority of the episode, and things may increase the size of this to-do list. Depending on how I feel after playing the episode, more canon scenes or branched scenes may be needed.
Posed renders: 5269 (277 of which are in the render queue)

Posed animations: 306 (39 of which are in the render queue. The count is not exact as some animation files may be merged)

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
That's quite a useless list of shit that hasn't been done yet. What about a list of shit that has been done as well, so you know, we can gauge fucking progress?

I can write a list of shit I haven't done too:
  • I haven't paid for this year's DPC subscription.
  • I haven't started on my own game.
  • I haven't impregnated any women for a while.
  • I haven't won the lottery.
  • I haven't had a threesome lately.
  • I haven't completed last week's office work.
  • I haven't completely lost interest in this game yet.
Yeah. So expect a release... I haven't worked that out yet. :rolleyes:

always86

Mar 19, 2020

I've posed a handful of scenes of varied lengths and am currently halfway through a longer (120+ renders) scene.

To give you a sense of how much of the episode's development remains, here's a summary of what I can state after glancing through my files for episode 11.

• Two big free-roam events are almost complete. Both are lacking scenes with writing/art.
  • The branches have remained mostly unchanged since last week. Except for Jill's branch, the other four branches need plenty of work. I cannot estimate how much, but this is the biggest remaining area.
  • Rewards, Scenes, and Pack Quest are implemented and only need testing. Some special renders need to be placed in canon story scenes.
  • I have yet to play the majority of the episode, and things may increase the size of this to-do list. Depending on how I feel after playing the episode, more canon scenes or branched scenes may be needed.

Posed animations: 306 (39 of which are in the render queue. The count is not exact as some animation files may be merged)

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Well he has progressed even more slowly than the lowest estimate.

On July 19th (Week 32) he had 228 completed animations. This was estimated as 5.89 completed animation per week since week 4. Had he been progressing at that rate there would be 275.12 animations completed. We have 267 (306-39). This suggests an average of 4.9 since week 32. We are now in week 40. Technically this cycle has an average of 6.7 since week 1. However if we count from week 4 we have 204 completed animation at an average of 5.6 a week. (The reason to count from week 4 as this avoids anything rendered before the release of the rpevious episode. )

I think he said he was going to aim for 40 or 50 more than the previous episode let's say 375 for the sake of arguement. At an average of 4.9 that will mean animation completion week 62 or February 14th. Plus beta testing means a relase last week of February or first week on March.

However I think some of what will have slowed this process down is he has essentially had a system working on still renders for much of the last few weeks. So we could go back up to the 5.89 average once the stills queue is done. That would mean completion some time between week 58 and 59, 17th-24th January. With beta testing it could mean a Valetines day release 14th February. That is what i'd bet on at this point.

If we take the average of 5.6 from week 4 to 40 then completion would be week 59-60 or January 24th to 31st. Either way I think it is safe to presume Feburary at the earliest. And at least a further 9 weeks development over the previous episode, which itself was 9 weeks longer than the one before which in turn was 12 weeks more than the one before.

The only way I can see it being earlier is if he decreases his animation estimate, or if his systems can rattle through the queue more quickly once the work on stills is completed. Next time he says renderings 60 fps on the new cards is quicker than 30fps on the old ones know this is bullshit. To prove this we can look at episode 9. On the 3090's at 30fps he had 303 animations completed on week 40. The week he confirmed beta testing. 33 more animation on the older cards at the lower frame rate.

1726247532478.png

SuperW

Nov 16, 2022
Please tell me people are at least starting to give him shit on the Patreon page for how long this is going, instead of splitting up Chapter 11 or whatever into multiple parts.

Hinterhälter

Oct 13, 2019

On July 19th (Week 32) he had 228 completed animations. This was estimated as 5.89 completed animation per week since week 4. Had he been progressing at that rate there would be 275.12 animations completed. We have 267 (306-39). This suggests an average of 4.9 since week 32. We are now in week 40. Technically this cycle has an average of 6.7 since week 1. However if we count from week 4 we have 204 completed animation at an average of 5.6 a week. (The reason to count from week 4 as this avoids anything rendered before the release of the rpevious episode. )

I think he said he was going to aim for 40 or 50 more than the previous episode let's say 375 for the sake of arguement. At an average of 4.9 that will mean animation completion week 62 or February 14th. Plus beta testing means a relase last week of February or first week on March.

However I think some of what will have slowed this process down is he has essentially had a system working on still renders for much of the last few weeks. So we could go back up to the 5.89 average once the stills queue is done. That would mean completion some time between week 58 and 59, 17th-24th January. With beta testing it could mean a Valetines day release 14th February. That is what i'd bet on at this point.

If we take the average of 5.6 from week 4 to 40 then completion would be week 59-60 or January 24th to 31st. Either way I think it is safe to presume Feburary at the earliest. And at least a further 9 weeks development over the previous episode, which itself was 9 weeks longer than the one before which in turn was 12 weeks more than the one before.

The only way I can see it being earlier is if he decreases his animation estimate, or if his systems can rattle through the queue more quickly once the work on stills is completed. Next time he says renderings 60 fps on the new cards is quicker than 30fps on the old ones know this is bullshit. To prove this we can look at episode 9. On the 3090's at 30fps he had 303 animations completed on week 40. The week he confirmed beta testing. 33 more animation on the older cards at the lower frame rate.

View attachment 4029835
It seems you really have a lot of time...

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017

View attachment 4029835
If DPC want to keep doing his 60fps animations he really should upgrade his hardware next year, the RTX 5090 should be out by march/april, thats the only way to keep updates in a 12 month cycle if he intends to keep this up.

Also, great post as usual, but I really wonder wtf happened in the weeks 1-4, those average a speed of 15+ per week.

Even if there weren't any statics in the way and the animations were very simple that's simply too much.

If only he could keep half that number for a few weeks...

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
I'm going to guess that the two big free roams are christmas and the new year's?

Ngl tho. I much prefer the peaceful one on one times with the girls individually. Imagine you celebrate Christmas along with Bella at her house with Jill. And then you ho ho ho them together under the Christmas tree with a ribbon tied to your red nosed reindeer.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I'm going to guess that the two big free roams are christmas and the new year's?

Ngl tho. I much prefer the peaceful one on one times with the girls individually. Imagine you celebrate Christmas along with Bella at her house with Jill. And then you ho ho ho them together under the Christmas tree with a ribbon tied to your red nosed reindeer.
In regards to the euphemism you're using,
if your "reindeer" has a red nose,
you might wana see a healthcare professional.
:ROFLMAO:

Vaassaa

Feb 17, 2018
I'm just kinda sad this is taking so long, because when it came out the graphics were fucking amazing and now I can't even like the game much, because it looks so outdated.

Still a 9/10 on a bad day, but...

Chalk boss

Aug 31, 2024

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Put yourself in his shoes. You have a hobby and it brings in a good and stable income. You don't work in a studio and there is no investor or producer who would force you to release a game as soon as possible. You enjoy your life and you are in no hurry. Yes, there are a huge number of fans who don't like it, but you've already banned all the disgruntled ones, and there are so many left that you can quietly let a few thousand subscribers go.
For him, game development is like a computer game, he enjoys the process itself. I assume also that he devotes not so much time, but 5-6 hours a day.
But really there is little to enjoy here, because he appears to have finally lost the slightest control and when he finishes the game many of us will be retired, lol.
I don't believe he will be able to keep the game interesting for the next five or seven years.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022

For me it looks more like a Panty party AND a Christmas party in one episode (smaller and bigger one). The New Year party is reserved for EP12, I suppose.

And since DPC mentioned that he is working on canon scenes and content, there will be a plenty of space for regular scenes out of the parties (e.g. free-roams). This particular free-roams won't be longer/bigger than EP9 party anyway. And according to episode size and renders/animations number episode have plenty of space to include such 2 big free roams w/o limiting the rest of content. Another hint - DPC said that he is done with Jill branch content, but have a lot to do with the rest of branches. If episode was planned for the whole free roam(s) as it was with EP9, then I doesn't sound plausible. Because most of such scenes and content would be easier to done at the same time and together.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
I'm just kinda sad this is taking so long, because when it came out the graphics were fucking amazing and now I can't even like the game much, because it looks so outdated.
I think you need to take the rose tinted glasses off because in season 1 everything looked like it was under a bright spot light. The game was never next gen level graphics lol but it's a step above most AVN games:

43v4zy.jpg

It wasn't till about Season 2 Episode 6 or 7 the lighting in the game suddenly became more dynamic and he started upping the quality of models... Like Camilla has gotten blacker as the game goes on:

Untitled-1.png
Untitled-2.png

4.80 star(s) 1,561 Votes