funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
So doesn't it work the other way? As you say you can dislike a character without having to put up with people jumping on you for not liking them and trying to force you to justify your dislike. By that logic you should also be able to state you like a character without someone jumping on you for liking the character? Surely that means that Geralt was also allowed to state that he likes Sage without the other person jumping on his post and telling him that he's not allowed to like Sage?
Most on here do it in gest. As for Geralt, most people are either just joking or poking fun at him. He's proven more than once to be able to take a joke. Same goes for Quinn lovers and Maya preachers. Hell I think the LI that gets the most heat is either Josy or Quinn simps. Karamba has taken records amount of flack because of Quinn.

But if chiming in and saying "so what" to defuse the convo gets this reaction, hey have at it.
I'm off to get baked. Because you know,
-so what.
:cool:

Chalk boss

Aug 31, 2024
> 'I dislike Sage because I dislike redheads' Nothing I can argue against that, its his taste and his opinion.
> I disliked Sage because she did x, y and z when in reality none of those happen in the game is not an opinion anymore.

Is this easy enough to grasp, or do I need to bring out the sand box and draw it?
I'm guessing most people dislike Sage just because she cheated on Chad with MC. Although the game avoids this, many take it too personally, forgetting that netori is a pretty popular trope in AVN.
Sage's character isn't perfect( like all characters in the game), she has a lot of weird moments.
First of all, I have a hard time explaining Sage's obsession with Chad. She literally turns into a stalker. Okay, that's one way to bring t MC closer to Sage, but overall, it's not explained in the game in any way. Chad literally treats her like she's nothing, and what does she do? She starts stalking him. Sage must have been madly in love with Chad, but there's not a line in the game about it. Sage was so deeply in love with Chad that she put up with his indifference and lack of sex for years. Probably DPС didn't say so explicitly so as not to hurt the fans' feelings.
I think the whole Chad stalking line is poorly written.
Second, of course, is the fact that she has Quinn next to her, who has made the sorority house a brothel. I think in the future DPС will make it look like Sage suspected Quinn was doing something like that, otherwise Sage is turning into a blind fool. She might not have noticed, but isn't it weird that Quinn has different people over all the time? Like, what's Sally doing there? What kind of business could Sally and Quinn have? Riona and Quinn fought a lot in her room, Sage could just hear them yelling through the wall or walking by.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
But you don't accept his reasons for not liking your LI. That's where your reasons don't fit anymore. Instead of just saying "ok you don't like her" and leaving it at that, and moving on.

Someone posting their opinion doesn't necessarily require confrontational knit picking. Because then, whether you realize it or not, it turns into a proverbial pissing contest.

And there's nothing contradictory about my reply at all.
Trying to make you realize it doesn't matter by saying "so what", doesn't leave much to confusion.

You've been plenty entertaining in the past. And I'm sure you'll be plenty entertaining in the future, so, go ahead, you do you.
You kind of ignoring my take, which I admit coming from a different angle. But my point is, you basic arguing against the whole point of a forum. Why you feel the need to share your opinion ? Keep your opninon to yourself if you not care about what others think .

so to simply help me understand, you expect , to be allowed to say a shit, but you expect that others should not say anything back to you at all. then would not been just make more sense to keep shit to youself.

You putting out there something on a forum, a place for conversation people will react to it. if you don't want that that A, you can keep it to yourself, of B, Ignore the response, sure.

but you basically judging others for having a conversation on a forum. A place that meant for this, in the first place. to people share their opinion.

you basically saying , why this 2 dude talk with each other they should grow up. :LOL:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
You kind of ignoring my take, which I admit coming from a different angle. But my point is, you basic arguing against the whole point of a forum. Why you feel the need to share your opinion ? Keep your opninon to yourself if you not care about what others think .

so to simply help me understand, you expect , to be allowed to say a shit, but you expect that others should not say anything back to you at all. then would not been just make more sense to keep shit to youself.
At this point, you can think whatever you like Chip. But you came off half cocked almost insulted that someone got some facts wrong. And even after the other person conceded to getting some facts wrong it hadn't changed his opinion on said topic, it just kept going.

but you basically judging others for having a conversation on a forum. A place that meant for this, in the first place. to people share their opinion.
We're here because instead of simmering down a notch about a stupid topic, someone rather escalate trying to prove he's right about one misunderstood detail someone else had. And now trying to pin it on me for saying "chill out this shit doesn't matter".
Sound about right to you?

*passes you the spliff*
Don't forget it's 2 toke pass.

• Haha
Reactions: 7thOmen

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Most on here do it in gest. As for Geralt, most people are either just joking or poking fun at him. He's proven more than once to be able to take a joke. Same goes for Quinn lovers and Maya preachers. Hell I think the LI that gets the most heat is either Josy or Quinn simps. Karamba has taken records amount of flack because of Quinn.

But if chiming in and saying "so what" to defuse the convo gets this reaction, hey have at it.
-so what.
I don't mind jokes and I try to treat everyone the same way, but not everyone has a great sense of humor and sometimes jokes turn into waifu wars, people going ultradefensive, for example Josyposting got out of control earlier this year, went into a war with personal attacks and uncontrolled memeing (I'm partly to blame for this, I threw some coal into Josyposting's fire, that's true), and Jill's posting after Ep.9 scared some of her fans away from the thread, just like before with the jokes about goblins and raccoons.
And I don't mind jokes or negative opinions about Sage at all, thing is: lines of that guy is a bullshit which is not true.
Look at the comment above, Chalk boss writed about Sage/Chad relationships - more solid. It is unhealthy obsession from Sage, or just poor writing. I'm thinking about the first, since Stephen mentioned that his daughter is "passionate about things".

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Placing Quinn as Judas was genius work! However, having Yoga Girl as Simon or Bartholomew (I forget) is unexpected. I expected her to take Thomas's spot considering your passion for her. Hehe "passion".
I didn't plan anyone's spot except for Quinn as Judas :HideThePain: And the MGs are naturally at the center.

-so what.
I don't mind jokes and I try to treat everyone the same way, but not everyone has a great sense of humor and sometimes jokes turn into waifu wars, people going ultradefensive, for example Josyposting got out of control earlier this year, went into a war with personal attacks and uncontrolled memeing (I'm partly to blame for this, I threw some coal into Josyposting's fire, that's true), and Jill's posting after Ep.9 scared some of her fans away from the thread, just like before with the jokes about goblins and raccoons.
And I don't mind jokes or negative opinions about Sage at all, thing is: lines of that guy is a bullshit which is not true.
Look at the comment above, Chalk boss writed about Sage/Chad relationships - more solid. It is unhealthy obsession from Sage, or just poor writing. I'm thinking about the first, since Stephen mentioned that his daughter is "passionate about things".
I miss Darkwen :cry:

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
  • Sad
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
At this point, you can think whatever you like Chip. But you came off half cocked almost insulted that someone got some facts wrong. And even after the other person conceded to getting some facts wrong it hadn't changed his opinion on said topic, it just kept going.

We're here because instead of simmering down a notch about a stupid topic, someone rather escalate trying to prove he's right about one misunderstood detail someone else had. And now trying to pin it on me for saying "chill out this shit doesn't matter".
Sound about right to you?

*passes you the spliff*
Don't forget it's 2 toke pass.
But,
" so What ? "
Right ?
:LOL:

This is like how it's basically played out right ?
User1 : I like Sage
User2 : you should not She Suck,
User1 : Defend sage,
back and forth between user 1 and 2

User3 came in : Why these these 2 arguing, I don't get it , they should not do it because here is my opinion why the should not do it

user4 : Start conversation with User 3, about User1 and User2, waht I would conclude with a final question what my previous comments lead to.

In the end of the day, so what ? if User1 and User2 arguring, why it's bothering you ?! :LOL:.

ironically you had a comment couple of post before. Human will be Human, that is why.

if someone dislike Sage, and someone else, come to her Defense.

Then, So what? :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Macky009

Oct 29, 2020
It makes even less sense, judging people by first impressions in a short period of time is wrong, you don't have time to get to know the person. Sage became LI#1 for me not by first impressions but by the development of the game when she grew as a person and I got to know her better. Bella was of little interest to me, now she is number 2, and on the contrary, having sympathy for Josy in the early game, I lost her.
"Don't judge a book by its cover"
There is a saying "First impression lasts".

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
Sage's character isn't perfect( like all characters in the game), she has a lot of weird moments.
First of all, I have a hard time explaining Sage's obsession with Chad. She literally turns into a stalker. Okay, that's one way to bring t MC closer to Sage, but overall, it's not explained in the game in any way. Chad literally treats her like she's nothing, and what does she do? She starts stalking him. Sage must have been madly in love with Chad, but there's not a line in the game about it. Sage was so deeply in love with Chad that she put up with his indifference and lack of sex for years. Probably DPС didn't say so explicitly so as not to hurt the fans' feelings.
I think the whole Chad stalking line is poorly written.
It is most likely because DPC doesn't want to show the main LI's having sex with characters other than the MC, even if it happened in a flashback.
1728593298753.png
1728593318874.png
I really enjoyed reading the cope on the subreddit back in the day about this, where they truly believed that Chad and Sage have fucked many times before and just suddenly stopped when the MC entered the picture. They tend to give DPC a lot more credit for his writing than he actually deserves, even if he's the best when it comes to AVN standards. It's just that they can't really back up their headcanon stuff that they always come up with and will instead downvote your comments whenever you bring it up.
It's part of the basis for why Sage is written as a horny nymphomaniac, because she apparently hasn't fucked anyone at all before the MC came over to B&R. That's probably also why she says at the preps' party that guys usually don't reject her if you aren't Sage's fuckbuddy yet and why she tells the MC that he's her "only release" without elaborating much further, yet there's no context provided by the story as to how her and Chad's prior relationship was with the plotline mostly consisting of them being very close to breaking up without Sage wanting to accept it and then finally them breaking up. The only little bit we've gotten is seeing in a flashback how Chad didn't seem to really give a shit about her (not that much has changed between them in that regard either) and for some reason Sage being head-over-heels into him. It's a poor excuse to avoid complaints from people.

Second, of course, is the fact that she has Quinn next to her, who has made the sorority house a brothel. I think in the future DPС will make it look like Sage suspected Quinn was doing something like that, otherwise Sage is turning into a blind fool. She might not have noticed, but isn't it weird that Quinn has different people over all the time? Like, what's Sally doing there? What kind of business could Sally and Quinn have? Riona and Quinn fought a lot in her room, Sage could just hear them yelling through the wall or walking by.
It's one of the more idiotic plot points in the entire game on Sage's behalf, that's for sure. She would've noticed it sooner or later, there's no question about that at all unless she's just incredibly ignorant which doesn't really line up with her character development consistently. But to not notice anything over the course of many years? Yeah, it's DPC being a crybaby about it and wanting to do it his initially planned way regardless of whether it reasonably aligns with the rest of the story's progression. There are many moments in Being a DIK which are illustrative of his personality when it comes to this. It's the same reason he hates criticism, be it constructive or not, because he knows that players notice these things the same way he does (he's not dumb, just childish) but because of his ego and being blinded by it, he doesn't want to accept that what he's originally written is not always the best path to go and that he could change some things up as he goes along with his writing.

Reactions: Ahrimy

redbone89

Jul 20, 2017
With all the waifu wars going on lately, I gotta express my possibly unpopular opinion on the subject:

None of the girls look that great a lot of the time, and I personally think they are getting progressively worse looking.

They used to look cartoony and that worked because they were more caricatures, and less weird looking humans.

Now that DPC has been striving for more detail and realism, they're starting to look like freaks for some of the time. :eek:

At the beginning Josy was cute. She was mean to be cute. She was that cute girl at work that you have a crush on.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But what is she now?

For all the shit we give Jill, the very first time we met her, she immediately gave off school goddess vibes.
But now... She doesn't even need to smile to look like a total fucktard!

In the beginning Maya looked fun, and she was fun:
But now... She's bordering on unrecognisable.

Quinn in the very early episodes was never portrayed as beautiful, because she was meant to be more intimidating, but she always looked her best whenever the mc caught her off guard:
And while she's probably better looking now days, those subtle moments with the mc don't convey anywhere near as much emotion as they used to:

When Sage first showed up, sure her hair might have been stringy, but she was the hot chick with big tits and a sexy face. I mean this was the first time we saw Sage:
But lately...

I've never been a Bella fan, although I am intrigued to find out her "issues", but at least when we first met her, she looked like a good looking 36 year woman.
Where as now!

So yeah, I'll concede Bella and Quinn are looking better, but the rest are going backwards!. And I reckon overall the characters expressions, which to me was a huge positive in the game, are not as appealing... :unsure:
I agree with you with evreything you wrote except i dont agree with you about Bella... her deign has also become little uglier... :/ but overall DPC has mad all girls diffrent aint it shows
Skärmbild 2024-10-10 234125.png

redbone89

Jul 20, 2017
4.80 star(s) 1,545 Votes