anonnyscouse

Engaged Member
Jul 25, 2020
Honestly, I just don't get the whole 'charade' of trying to understand why someone doesn't like your preferred character. We're all different. If I tell you I can't stand Sage, justifying why is irrelevant. And watching you trying to "straw-man" someone into justifying why he's wrong in your opinion, ends right at that point. It's your opinion. you like Sage! Good for you! I'm happy for you. And no amount of you making up excuses why you think she's better won't change mine or anyone else's opinion if they don't feel like looking at her through whatever lens you see her through.

So again, I don't get why this level of strawmaning is necessary. One could say "grow up! Because, who gives a shit?".
:cool:
The difference here is that it's not trying to strawman someone for not liking a character. The conversation came from him criticising someone for liking Sage, not someone criticising him for not liking Sage. And then he proceeds to state that you shouldn't like Sage because of a bad first impression from the guitar scene, when that's not even where you'd get a first impression of Sage from.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Honestly, I just don't get the whole 'charade' of trying to understand why someone doesn't like your preferred character. We're all different. If I tell you I can't stand Sage, justifying why is irrelevant. And watching you trying to "straw-man" someone into justifying why he's wrong in your opinion, ends right at that point. It's your opinion. you like Sage! Good for you! I'm happy for you. And no amount of you making up excuses why you think she's better won't change mine or anyone else's opinion if they don't feel like looking at her through whatever lens you see her through.

So again, I don't get why this level of strawmaning is necessary. One could say "grow up! Because, who gives a shit?".
Well, this should work both ways than is it not ? You don't like a certain character, good for you, none give a shit why you not like it, why people spend so many time to hate on them, oh yeah for trolling. :whistle:

One could say "grow up! Because, who gives a shit?". :whistle::coffee:

BeingADIK 2024-04-16 02-51-27-15.jpg
:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: I'm Canadian bub

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
The difference here is that it's not trying to strawman someone for not liking a character. The conversation came from him criticising someone for liking Sage, not someone criticising him for not liking Sage. And then he proceeds to state that you shouldn't like Sage because of a bad first impression from the guitar scene, when that's not even where you'd get a first impression of Sage from.
Well, this should work both ways than is it not ? You don't like a certain character, good for you, none give a shit why you not like it, why people spend so many time to hate on them, oh yeah for trolling. :whistle:

One could say "grow up! Because, who gives a shit?". :whistle::coffee:
So what?

362b2469b86c009f6a9bc1f0a0ef0086c53a51b29b9837f3f432f2c0f3a70c16-2262293524.jpg

Oh, and Chip, you're usually funny, but you'll have to do better to bait me with that lame "whataboutism".
You won't succeed in changing the narrative. My reply remains the same;
-So what?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
'Right away'.
Synonymous with 'immediately'.
As in; before you do anything else.
Using it as leverage to obtain a promise and then giving it back is not 'immediately'.

Someone that doesn't understand that should probably be careful with words like

First option.
"You never get a second chance to make a first impression."
Note that all the points I originally listed were from early in the story.
In other words... she left a bad first impression.
Doesn't mean she is inherently bad. Just means that I was considerably less them impressed with her behavior in the MC's early encounters with her.
Yes, right away when he mentioned his father gave it to him aka as soon as she realized he wasnt lying and the guitar was his, because before that she didnt know where Chad got the guitar from.
Do you want me to fire the game and post the screenshots, or admit that you are doubling down on semantincs because of ego alone. This is you.
1000006301.gif
I swear, its like I said to another person earlier today, you come with already preconceived opinions about characters, glance over the text, then fill in the blanks to reinforce your biases.

I am not going to quote myself, so second option it is.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
So what?

View attachment 4119215

Oh, and Chip, you're usually funny, but you'll have to do better to bait me with that lame "whataboutism".
You won't succeed in changing the narrative. My reply remains the same;
-So what?
Well,, I did bait you to respond to me,:p.:ROFLMAO:

But, your take is a bit condradictonial to me, Let's say as you said, you say you don't like Sage and you justify why not. But also as you said, no amount of response would change your mind.

But my question then, why the fuck you even bother then to say your opinion if you not looking for a conversation or response. You obviously want others to know your opinion otherwise, you would not even write it in the first place if that would not be the case.

so, I'm kind of confused, you obviously don't give a fuck about someone else opinion, it does not effect you, but somehow you feel the need to share your opinion.

at least in this "theoretical conversation " what you used as a base for your take

oh btw
2c677eb8-d009-4fd0-979e-8a6a9259c834_text.gif
:giggle:

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Whether it's wrong or not, it's human nature. And everyone does it. Doesn't mean everyone acts out on it. But like it or not, "humans will human". Denying that is simply living in a mirage.
Part of people following this, not everyone ofc, doesn't make it right.
And like Annon correctly mentioned, guitar scene is not even a "first impression".

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
Relax, guys... I'm basically new here but I can say there are three types of users in the thread:

- the funny type: they post just for fun and when they "argue" with you, you can also laugh with them
- the logical type: they try to defend their favorite (or criticize against their hated girls) giving reasons, but trying to be respectful as much as possible
- the fanatic type: two options: with them o against them. Period. Choose

In my posts I'm trying to be the second type, with some funny touch if possible. None of all of us is perfect neither can be respectful the 100% of the time, but at least the vast majority of the users try to be... So, guys, let's keep the good work, ok?

And remember the old phrase: "Don't feed the troll"

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Honestly, I just don't get the whole 'charade' of trying to understand why someone doesn't like your preferred character. We're all different. If I tell you I can't stand Sage, justifying why is irrelevant.
It's relevant in the sense if their "reasons" for disliking the character turn out to be just their own stupidity, i get to point and laugh. And who doesn't like free entertainment? :whistle:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No. It appears all main girl paths are locked after ep 8, so you're either in or out of their path depending on the choice you make that episode.
So far, it might be a way later, since there is the cheating stat involved and Maya and Josy are still a pair despite heavy hints of solo relationships, I doubt the Doc will have you end alone if you fuck up your ep8 relationship, or if you didn't commit to anyone then.

There is also the route where you pick Bella after dating Jill and if you kiss her she keeps the picture, it has to lead to something.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
So far, it might be a way later, since there is the cheating stat involved and Maya and Josy are still a pair despite heavy hints of solo relationships, I doubt the Doc will have you end alone if you fuck up your ep8 relationship, or if you didn't commit to anyone then.

There is also the route where you pick Bella after dating Jill and if you kiss her she keeps the picture, it has to lead to something.
:unsure:
This guy killed love interests in his previous game and somehow you don't think that cheating your love interest, is actually can leading to a Bad end where MC is fucked and left alone at the end ? :LOL:

anonnyscouse

Engaged Member
Jul 25, 2020
So doesn't it work the other way? As you say you can dislike a character without having to put up with people jumping on you for not liking them and trying to force you to justify your dislike. By that logic you should also be able to state you like a character without someone jumping on you for liking the character? Surely that means that Geralt was also allowed to state that he likes Sage without the other person jumping on his post and telling him that he's not allowed to like Sage?

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

> 'I dislike Sage because I dislike redheads' Nothing I can argue against that, its his taste and his opinion.
> I disliked Sage because she did x, y and z when in reality none of those happen in the game is not an opinion anymore.

Is this easy enough to grasp, or do I need to bring out the sand box and draw it?

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Well,, I did bait you to respond to me,:p.:ROFLMAO:

But, your take is a bit condradictonial to me, Let's say as you said, you say you don't like Sage and you justify why not. But also as you said, no amount of response would change your mind.

But my question then, why the fuck you even bother then to say your opinion if you not looking for a conversation or response. You obviously want others to know your opinion otherwise, you would not even write it in the first place if that would not be the case.

so, I'm kind of confused, you obviously don't give a fuck about someone else opinion, it does not effect you, but somehow you feel the need to share your opinion.

at least in this "theoretical conversation " what you used as a base for your take

:giggle:
But you don't accept his reasons for not liking your LI. That's where your reasons don't fit anymore. Instead of just saying "ok you don't like her" and leaving it at that, and moving on.

Someone posting their opinion doesn't necessarily require confrontational knit picking. Because then, whether you realize it or not, it turns into a proverbial pissing contest.

And there's nothing contradictory about my reply at all.
Trying to make you realize it doesn't matter by saying "so what", doesn't leave much to confusion.

You've been plenty entertaining in the past. And I'm sure you'll be plenty entertaining in the future, so, go ahead, you do you.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
> 'I dislike Sage because I dislike redheads' Nothing I can argue against that, its his taste and his opinion.
> I disliked Sage because she did x, y and z when in reality none of those happen in the game is not an opinion anymore.

Is this easy enough to grasp, or do I need to bring out the sand box and draw it?
Looking like everyone arguing now, maybe option 1 was right? :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,546 Votes