Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
But here is the kicker, she did give the guitar right away, she could have easly kept it as leverage(because you know, thats how leverage works :FacePalm:), yet the moment she saw he was distressed she gave it back. The MC just kept his word to help her.

Stopped reading his post after that and just assumed he is either troll baiting, or a moron.
Second option. People with the thinking “the person is bad because she committed one minor offense” quite a lot.
I also think it was DPC's idea to initially show Sage as a spoiled brat, gradually revealing her good side, but he softened the character.

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
Just read through what DPC wrote a few days ago. Do you see what DPC is up to?

"Yes, you are correct about how branching works. I view it as looking at a tree and Episode 1 is at the bottom of the tree. As you move up along the tree, you see branches, and when you've reached the top of the crown, you're at the end of the game.
The further into the game we get, the longer it takes to account for all branches and choices, and that's indeed the main reason the episodes are this big by now. I must be mindful of how choices affect the story and where to restrict player choice/freedom, but I also had the vision of making a game where choices truly matter."

What do we learn on the first pages of the game in EP1? So that the MC tells us his story. The only question is, what does his story include? We play that out to a certain extent through our decisions.

You write so that the mini-game doesn't influence the background story and the story, but you actually provide proof that the mini-game has changed something in the story. Your words "Jill is only impressed if you win. And she reassures you if you lose.".

Let's take the example of the Royce Villa, formerly Lynette's home. The MC has the picture and many wondered why the MC doesn't ask Jill about it. But it's quite simple. If the MC doesn't have the date with Jill, he'll never see the villa in person. But of course, if you play multiple paths and can't tell them apart, questions like that arise. Branches and twigs. You can only play one branch, which then ends in the branches that are on that one branch and not on any other branch.

We know that there will be multiple endings for the game. What we don't know is whether these endings will only apply to the LIs or also to the MC's family tree. The story is told, but it's not over yet. I really think that very little is predetermined by the MC and one is that Lynette is his mother.

Don't start with code.

Tremolo never said anything about amnesia. What if he can't remember, amnesia is like that. With partial amnesia you can remember parts of your past and not parts. I just think it's odd that there might be a small hint of partial amnesia.

Neil: "I know a guy who can do the job. Luis. He owes me one. I helped him build his lodge in White Creek, remember?
MC: "Yeah, I remember. That’s when you taught me how to install wood panels."
Neil: "Do you remember how to do that? You were what? 13?"
MC: "Almost 15. It was the summer you let me drive your work van in the forest."
Neil: "Right. Haha, the dent is still there."

Neil asks his son if he remembers, giving his son's age as a prefix. However, the MC remembers that he was almost 15. The only question I have is whether Neil remembers correctly or the MC.
I'm pretty sure if I can't remember nothing of my childhood, I will say "hey, I think I have amnesia... Dad, what's the reason I can't remember my childhood" and if I only have partial amnesia I will say "hey, dad who is this old person I met ten years ago who was taking me to a class tennis" (there are examples, no facts)

As I said before, my bet is the Occam's razor, so I don't think DPC bring us a complicated telenovela (we are talking about the author of the "Tybalt's blackmail" plot, so don't get your expectations too high)

conspiracy.jpg

No offense, mate. You really deserve some credit because you have worked hard in your theory (y)(y)(y)(y)

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
But here is the kicker, she did give the guitar right away, she could have easly kept it as leverage(because you know, thats how leverage works :FacePalm:), yet the moment she saw he was distressed she gave it back. The MC just kept his word to help her.
'Right away'.
Synonymous with 'immediately'.
As in; before you do anything else.
Using it as leverage to obtain a promise and then giving it back is not 'immediately'.

Someone that doesn't understand that should probably be careful with words like

Second option. People with the thinking “the person is bad because she committed one minor offense” quite a lot.
I also think it was DPC's idea to initially show Sage as a spoiled brat, gradually revealing her good side, but he softened the character.
First option.
"You never get a second chance to make a first impression."
Note that all the points I originally listed were from early in the story.
In other words... she left a bad first impression.
Doesn't mean she is inherently bad. Just means that I was considerably less them impressed with her behavior in the MC's early encounters with her.

Reactions: Vill3m

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
First option.
Doesn't mean she is inherently bad. Just means that I was considerably less them impressed with her behavior in the MC's early encounters with her.
It makes even less sense, judging people by first impressions in a short period of time is wrong, you don't have time to get to know the person. Sage became LI#1 for me not by first impressions but by the development of the game when she grew as a person and I got to know her better. Bella was of little interest to me, now she is number 2, and on the contrary, having sympathy for Josy in the early game, I lost her.
"Don't judge a book by its cover"

anonnyscouse

Engaged Member
Jul 25, 2020
'Right away'.
Synonymous with 'immediately'.
As in; before you do anything else.
Using it as leverage to obtain a promise and then giving it back is not 'immediately'.

Someone that doesn't understand that should probably be careful with words like

First option.
You are contradicting yourself. If you're judging Sage by first impressions then you judge her by the cafeteria scene, not by the guitar returning scene.

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
You are contradicting yourself. If you're judging Sage by first impressions then you judge her by the cafeteria scene, not by the guitar returning scene.

Let's think about MG's first impression, ok? (As I just started a new run yesterday, It is still fresh in my memory)

Isabella: in they library after Magnar warns you, even choosing about asking about the library card, she is just the ice queen
Jill: She helps you after the wedgie, smiling you and being adorable
Josy: In this case i will use the first conversation they have in the game... She is funny, easygoing and she asks you to take her home
Maya: The best first impression, she gives you the tour, explaining about fraternities, joking and smiling
Sage: The first time you meet her, she sits in front of you, angry and sad with her boyfriend and you have to walk on eggshells the whole talk

The order using first impression (being as much impartial I can) would be: Maya, Josy, Jill, Sage and Isabella... How many people in this thread has as Maya as favorite and Sage number four?

I think you can't form a full opinion about the girls until episode 4 (the Maya/Josy debacle and Isabella/Sage offering asylum are key points in the story) but if you want to guide for first impressions in your run, it's up to you

anonnyscouse

Engaged Member
Jul 25, 2020
Let's think about MG's first impression, ok? (As I just started a new run yesterday, It is still fresh in my memory)

Isabella: in they library after Magnar warns you, even choosing about asking about the library card, she is just the ice queen
Jill: She helps you after the wedgie, smiling you and being adorable
Josy: In this case i will use the first conversation they have in the game... She is funny, easygoing and she asks you to take her home
Maya: The best first impression, she gives you the tour, explaining about fraternities, joking and smiling
Sage: The first time you meet her, she sits in front of you, angry and sad with her boyfriend and you have to walk on eggshells the whole talk

The order using first impression (being as much impartial I can) would be: Maya, Josy, Jill, Sage and Isabella... How many people in this thread has as Maya as favorite and Sage number four?

I think you can't form a full opinion about the girls until episode 4 (the Maya/Josy debacle and Isabella/Sage offering asylum are key points in the story) but if you want to guide for first impressions in your run, it's up to you
Exactly, the person I was replying to was stating that they dislike Sage based on their first impression of her, but then focuses on a scene which isn't even her first scene, so it looks like he is just disliking her and trying to find a reason to justify the dislike.

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
Exactly, the person I was replying to was stating that they dislike Sage based on their first impression of her, but then focuses on a scene which isn't even her first scene, so it looks like he is just disliking her and trying to find a reason to justify the dislike.
Exactly, as I said in previous posts my favorite is Sage. She is hot and sexy but more important you can watch how much she grows emotionally and she many hidden good traits, smart and brilliant for example... In the other side, the first scene with Maya is like "I'm love with her, she is the chosen one" but after that... the drama, her worst enemy

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Honestly, I just don't get the whole 'charade' of trying to understand why someone doesn't like your preferred character. We're all different. If I tell you I can't stand Sage, justifying why is irrelevant. And watching you trying to "straw-man" someone into justifying why he's wrong in your opinion, ends right at that point. It's your opinion. you like Sage! Good for you! I'm happy for you. And no amount of you making up excuses why you think she's better won't change mine or anyone else's opinion if they don't feel like looking at her through whatever lens you see her through.

So again, I don't get why this level of strawmaning is necessary. One could say "grow up! Because, who gives a shit?".
:cool:

The Krogan Dude

Sep 26, 2023
Honestly, I just don't get the whole 'charade' of trying to understand why someone doesn't like your preferred character. We're all different. If I tell you I can't stand Sage, justifying why is irrelevant. And watching you trying to "straw-man" someone into justifying why he's wrong in your opinion, ends right at that point. It's your opinion. you like Sage! Good for you! I'm happy for you. And no amount of you making up excuses why you think she's better won't change mine or anyone else's opinion if they don't feel like looking at her through whatever lens you see her through.

So again, I don't get why this level of strawmaning is necessary. One could say "grow up! Because, who gives a shit?".
:cool:
Don't try to have a mature debate with this guy. He and his pals have polluted this thread for months with their waifus war. Until the moderation started to take actions. :whistle:

4.80 star(s) 1,546 Votes