dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
He said choices, not the mini-games outcomes. Winning or losing the mini-game is not a choice. It's definitely a material for some cosmetic differences throughout the playthrough - more or less (tennis - less, mansion restoration - more). But it would be ridiculous if this somehow affects the plot and the canon story. For example, with mansion mini-game and outcome, DPC would have to create a major branching for EVERY current one. But we already seen very minor effect of this mini-game outcome in EP10.
Yes, DPC wrote about decisions. It is the player's decision whether he has turned off the mini-games, whether he lets the MC learn or whether the MC cheats. Think along these lines. They are the player's decisions.
DPC can't technically branch the plot and story core for such minor stuff and moments. It would result in multiplying everything else by such particular sub-branches count. It's impossible and not needed as well. LI branches and different permutations between them as well as some of the major/minor choices - yes, that's what you will probably get and will be able to mix and should get a particular result in the end. Game LI branches and their interference is already quite complicated, why you think he will multiply it all with something insignificant like mini-games outcomes?
DPC has already incorporated the results of mini-games into the story. Why are you ignoring that? Example: villa renovation. Can Rusty keep his car or not? This results in different stories in retrospect.
Why? All branching and outcomes as well as future potential endings - all based on variables. It's how games and other similar software works. You can only check what game remembers and what not. But you can't tell what is significant and may turn the story in one or another way or just have some major consequences, or it will be used just for cosmetics and so on (like changing a couple of lines in dialogue here and there or/and a couple of renders).

Both tennis matches (in EP4 & EP7) outcomes are recorded (win/lose) and transferred into Season 3:

ep4_wonTennis
ep7_wonTennis

But it doesn't mean that it may become a serious point and could turn the story in 180 degree at some moment. Most probably it will be used as dialogue/render changer in some future episodes, where MC would play tennis again (or maybe talk about it with somebody - girls, their parents, his friends, whoever else). Nothing more here. Same goes for fights. But here you can choice to fight or not to fight (not always, but in half of situations) and fights have 2 outcomes - you win or you lose. This is also recorded in different variables.

Just don't separate all this, your theories, etc from game engine, programming language and other limitations and so on.
You just don't understand it. DPC can twist and turn his story as he pleases. You are far too fixated on the existing code and forget that with every new EP, new lines of code are added that build on the older variables and can lead to completely different results in the story.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In EP1 MC mentioned that his father doesn't have a very good memory. So in this example - MC remember when it happened while his dad is not.
Yes, you're right that the MC said in EP1 so that his father has a bad memory, but you forget that in EP10 the MC says that his father is the smartest person he knows. Neil also remembers well that the MC was a female ghost and other embarrassing situations. Ever thought about whether Neil intentionally has a bad memory when it comes to Lynette and her family because the MC shouldn't know all the details.

In EP10 the MC says that his father must have intentionally left out the detail about Lynette being naked.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kpyna

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
You need to learn to read between the lines. DPC said it's a special branch, not a Main Girl or Others branch. Yoga Girl is indeed special, and deserves her own branch.

Cheat on her? Never. That's why God created multiple saves :WeSmart:
Multiple saves? Heresy!!!!! All your saves must be used only in Isabella :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Let's see "special" candidates (No MG no Others): Sally (nerd girl, right?), Deaf girl, Jill's friend, Jill's mother, Elena, Traitor girl, Jenny... The chances are so-so, but there are worst options, I agree in that

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Well to be fair, he never did share weekly data with all the posed statics/animations so it's the same thing every since I started doing my predictions, so this isn't a new tactic.
:cautious:
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-10-1-drpinkcake.25332/post-8646429

Work completed:
  • 2815 renders (2694 renders produced, 121 in the render queue)
  • 205 animations (179 animations produced, 26 in the render queue)
  • 13 songs
  • 2 sound effects
  • 23747 written lines of code for story + free roam events. It's the biggest episode in terms of content, based on this number alone. Episode 8 had 22055 lines of code, 7% less by this standard.

Reactions: Derek's Brother

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
Multiple saves? Heresy!!!!! All your saves must be used only in Isabella :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Let's see "special" candidates (No MG no Others): Sally (nerd girl, right?), Deaf girl, Jill's friend, Jill's mother, Elena, Traitor girl, Jenny... The chances are so-so, but there are worst options, I agree in that
The special branch is obviously for Amelia.
1728681477069.png

• Haha
Reactions: Znar26

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017

1728681501338.gif
How small you are :HideThePain:

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
I want to ask a serious question to the veterans of the game... Can anyone remember the rough dates of release of each chapter?

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
The concern on Tommy's face when he said that Tremolo cannot know that Vinny threatened him with a real gun, gave him some plus points in my book. He's a bro when he wants to be.
He likely just don't want to get in to shit , since MC said, call the police

Leconcombre

Sep 18, 2022
Hey everyone!

I’ve just finished putting together a complete compilation of mods for the game Being a DIK, including both the original game and the mods pre-installed. This compilation covers versions 0.8.3 and 0.10.1.

I know it can be a hassle to download each mod and different parts of the game separately, so I’ve bundled everything into one convenient package to save you time. You can now get the full experience without the need to search for every individual mod or file!

Here’s the download link (for now only for the 0.8.3, I'll update my post when the 0.10.1 is ready):

Bootyman92

Jun 25, 2022
The new math game is based on logical reasoning. Not even anything to do with actual math. More like following instruction for cooking rice. Again, not that difficult.
How you sound:

That being said, the garbage part of it is the descriptions. Who wants to spend their brainpower on a game designed to make your other brain active :BootyTime:

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
The concern on Tommy's face when he said that Tremolo cannot know that Vinny threatened him with a real gun, gave him some plus points in my book. He's a bro when he wants to be.
He likely just don't want to get in to shit , since MC said, call the police
I don't believe it. I am 100% agreeing with Chip.

flying-pig.gif

Tommy's concern about Tremolo finding out the gun is real is about saving his own ass and the trouble Tremolo will cause if he does find out. If he was real bro, he'd let Tremolo know it was a real gun, so he can be wary.

4.80 star(s) 1,545 Votes