Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I'm criticizing lack of any characterization after three full updates.
This is what people are missing, of all the girls she has the least in terms of characterization and DPC must have his reasons for that so far she has been the cleanest in terms of all the other girls having secrets and Jills if she has any could be the biggest of them all.

WRONGS

Jan 14, 2018
You missed the point. I don't badmouth Jill - I'm criticizing lack of any characterization after three full updates.

But people - like always - just looking at models and that's enough for them. Ah, well... Nothing new.
Nah. Physically, Sage would be the one I find the hottest. I just don't like her personality.

What I'm saying is that Jill has been very clearly characterized. It's just that Doc hasn't shown a dark side on her backstory, while the other ones have. But that doesn't make her less interesting.

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
Nah. Physically, Sage would be the one I find the hottest. I just don't like her personality.

What I'm saying is that Jill has been very clearly characterized. It's just that Doc hasn't shown a dark side on her backstory, while the other ones have. But that doesn't make her less interesting.
First ep was about Josy and MC's relationship and a little college shit (Jill barely had scenes)
Second ep was about Maya and the parties (Jill barely had scenes again)
Third ep was about Hell Week (Jill had a scene or two and Josy had none)
we barely know Jill if we wanna compare her content with other LIs and their content in the first 3 episodes.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017

Yeah, we clearly didn't play the same game. Nice and pretty, pretty and nice, loves music, hates bullying - that's not characterization. That's lack of characterization.

WRONGS

Jan 14, 2018
Yeah, we clearly didn't play the same game. Nice and pretty, pretty and nice, loves music, hates bullying - that's not characterization. That's lack of characterization.
But... you just listed four character traits. And then you tell me they're not valid because... why?
You could literally do the same with all the other characters. Moody librarian dead husband. Lesbian 1 nice pretty. Lesbian 2 dumb brother.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Strange thing about Josy... she had a crush on MC, she wanted to have sex with him (i turned her down) then when she said that she's coming to B&R and can she crash with us, i told her that i was in a room with a another girl, but she wasn't disappointed at all, she was totaly OK with it, strange... :unsure: maybe she just likes to fool around, boys or girls, who knows? :)
I had sex with her, and she did look a bit dissapointed, like "well, it's not like we're officially dating or anything", (I'd check the exact dialogue, but I can't right now). So she probably thinks we had sex with Maya too, even if we went to Quinn's.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheFinder

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
But... you just listed four character traits. And then you tell me they're not valid because... why?
You could literally do the same with all the other characters. Moody librarian dead husband. Lesbian 1 nice pretty. Lesbian 2 dumb brother.
I listed THE ONLY four things we know about Jill - and one of those four is physical appearance. I could write essays about any other love interest - including Sage, even though she is not that well developed LI.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
You’re taking these things at face value assuming they’re going no where. She’s primed for characterisation which is an infinitely better way of doing it than raw exposition or having people dump their life story on the MC the moment they meet.

What exactly is her relationship with Bella? Why is bullying such a trigger for her? Why does she hide her love of music and hate playing for people What’s the plan for this charity or whatever cause it was she’s starting?

I agree at the moment she isn’t overwhelmingly fully characterised but an absence of that doesn’t make her a one dimensional character model. He’s clearly gearing to towards something and when she gets screentime the game will be all the better for it. These questions he’s primed will pay off with all the characterisation she deserves.

I personally am finding Maya way to quick to spill her secrets and get all up in the MC’s business. It’s unrealistic to me. So far Jill is one of the more realistic characters in this. In my opinion.

Reactions: thedude and Deoku

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
I personally am finding Maya way to quick to spill her secrets and get all up in the MC’s business. It’s unrealistic to me.
I actually talked to people that were quick to tell me their secrets or their problems i dunno why me but that's a normal thing and it differs from one to another, not everyone spill their secrets right away and not everyone don't spill their secrets right away, easy as that.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
You’re taking these things at face value assuming they’re going no where. She’s primed for characterisation which is an infinitely better way of doing it than raw exposition or having people dump their life story on the MC the moment they meet.

What exactly is her relationship with Bella? Why is bullying such a trigger for her? Why does she hide her love of music and hate playing for people What’s the plan for this charity or whatever cause it was she’s starting?

I agree at the moment she isn’t overwhelmingly fully characterised but an absence of that doesn’t make her a one dimensional character model. He’s clearly gearing to towards something and when she gets screentime the game will be all the better for it. These questions he’s primed will pay off with all the characterisation she deserves.

I personally am finding Maya way to quick to spill her secrets and get all up in the MC’s business. It’s unrealistic to me. So far Jill is one of the more realistic characters in this. In my opinion.
That's the basis for a good characterization. It's a start, but there has to be a lot more, we know more about every other girl right now. I hope there's more soon about her, right now she's lacking development.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
I had sex with her, and she did look a bit dissapointed, like "well, it's not like we're officially dating or anything", (I'd check the exact dialogue, but I can't right now). So she probably thinks we had sex with Maya too, even if we went to Quinn's.

she doesn't look like she is :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017

So, what's your point? You didn't refute anything I said.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I agree with the lack of jill content to build up her as a character for now

But just like with Josy we will definatly get more content and character growth

We only at episode 3 guys like come on, There are plenty episodes left to fleshout certain characters and loose ends

Cant expect everything at once, Otherwise we would be waiting 6 months to fill a episode with every character update in that game dwl

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I agree with the lack of jill content to build up her as a character for now

But just like with Josy we will definatly get more content and character growth

We only at episode 3 guys like come on, There are plenty episodes left to fleshout certain characters and loose ends

Cant expect everything at once, Otherwise we would be waiting 6 months to fill a episode with every character update in that game dwl
I'd like to see how he is going to do the next update with that cliffhanger it has to be mostly about Maya and Josy right? I'd imagine a bit of backstory on them but then you have Jill and her upcoming date which has to be big we need to find out more about her. Then you have Bella and her ending how will that play out what did her ending mean :unsure: Then you have Sage who really needs to end this saga of her and Chad time to split up already and move on.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
I'd like to see how he is going to do the next update with that cliffhanger it has to be mostly about Maya and Josy right? I'd imagine a bit of backstory on them but then you have Jill and her upcoming date which has to be big we need to find out more about her. Then you have Bella and her ending how will that play out what did her ending mean :unsure: Then you have Sage who really needs to end this saga of her and Chad time to split up already and move on.
And you have three branchings - which means either very short content for every LI or long content for one of the branches and nothing for the other two.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Like I said in one of the previous posts.. that I am pretty sure that this update probally be around the closing of hell week that be one of the main things alongside the whole Josy &Maya situation to give more story and charcter to Josy

And your rite with the Jill date I expext that to happen as well in this coming update

Anything beside that would probally be minor things but if ur rite and that extra stuff with Sage and such happens as well then I expect this update to be the biggest one yet and we will be probally looking at a longer release date perhaps because of it and we will be looking at a mid December release maybe first week of December depending on the rendering situation of his two computers.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes