M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
Is that even in the "official" walkthrough? I don't think I saw it as an option. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even cover that last chapter.
The official (no quotes) walkthrough is relatively new, it came out long after ep.3. No one knows how long DPC will take to update it, but he'll certainly wait at least till all Patreon tiers have access to ep.4.

The fanmade walkthrough is pretty reliable tho, many prefer it, myself included.

Aweful

Jan 11, 2020
I used the fan made walkthrough... It's missing detailed information. I couldn't make heads or tails of it my first night in the DIKs house. It just said "talk to everybody" ... Next day/chapter/etc.

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
So... What you're saying is I should use this handy cheat mod and lower my DIK to... "average" size and get a 3way relationship and ultimately restoring my faith in future relations with Maya and Josy... That sounds like a whole story in itself and I highly doubt much content will come from that anytime soon.
Yep, that's exactly what I did. I was playing a DIK playthrough, so I used the cheatmod to switch my affinity to neutral.
There are also console commands that let you change affinity, but I don't remember them, you can search this topic for them.

I think this is another major problem with Maya+Josy situation. Many people go full DIK, because the game is all about being a DIK. And then they found themself unable to get into this relationship. I can see how that's a flaw of design for many.

Aweful

Jan 11, 2020
Yep, that's exactly what I did. I was playing a DIK playthrough, so I used the cheatmod to switch my affinity to neutral.
There are also console commands that let you change affinity, but I don't remember them, you can search this topic for them.

I think this is another major problem with Maya+Josy situation. Many people go full DIK, because the game is all about being a DIK. And then they found themself unable to get into this relationship. I can see how that's a flaw of design for many.
You, sir, make a valid point.

Reactions: klep12

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
You, sir, make a valid point.
Remember, it's not the DIK score you need to adjust, it's the affinity. It comes in the lower portion of cheatmod menu next to brawler settings.
Also, if you had sex with Josy in episode 2 and had a lewd scene with Maya at the end of episode 3, you get a much nicer option than just choose one of the girls to sleep with back in the dorm.

TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
The only reason I consider it a flaw is because this consequence should have been based on how much Josy and Maya like you, rather than how much of a DIK you are. It doesn't matter that you were nothing but nice to either of them. If you even made 1 more major DIK choice, you're rejected.

That makes no sense at all.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
This talk of wanting evil for Maya and Josy.
If I'm serious, I don't want them bad at all. I would like now, after this mess in this last EP, is that they learn about what they did wrong and stop doing shit, because it has reached the ceiling. At least seem to realize what they are doing and try to redeem themselves. If not with MC, at least between them. There's all that talk that we haven't seen their relationship since Josy arrived, but they didn't kill the huge elephant that was between them. Maybe (by the gods, so be it) will at least give a glimpse of it in the next episode, just to show that they resolved decently after that party. And, if it's for them to "be happy together," again, get out of the short list of main girls. Or get out of MC's feet, let the story stop forcing us on them. Because you can end any relationship with Sage, for example, in the middle of the game and you're done, it ends there. Now, if I am to continue to be forced on them, let at least be good for MC, after all I am playing with him not with them.

And this talk that never ceases to appear, always leading us to tragedies, "because in AL happened this, this and that". It was another game.... repeat with me: It was.... another... game.... There is no reason for any tragedy here. So far it's just a pretty comical game about a young man entering college. There are drugs, there is "prostitution", there is... But, it's an adult game, right? I don't know about you, but at my university there were a lot of people using and selling drugs, as well as girls prostituting themselves to pay their bills. And today I can say that "98%" left there very well. Alive and following their lives, at least.

Finally, I think the coming months for all of us here will be a total bore, as this last EP gave us nothing more to comment on. Some have tried theories on small sticks, and others seem to be traveling to a second dimension from so far away that they are going. But all the questions we had remain intact, nothing was shown. On the contrary, some things just got more questions. But there's not enough ground for us to base anything on with any real chance of happening. It was an entire EP on top of their story to finish that poor way. We had some small achievements with other characters, some mechanical news and that's it. And that was it...
Wanting evil for them and wanting something nuanced but ultimately negative are two very different things. A few people are outright calling for their heads but let's not throw any babies out with that particular bathwater. I've been a proponent of Maya/Josy imploding not because I hate the characters or want "evil" to befall them... I also don't want a repeat of the AL plot points.

I want variety. I don't wanna see 6-16 more episodes of rainbows and unicorns because in terms of Maya/Josy/MC we're currently where most stories end. Everyone in bed together and they all got what they want. I want a good story and from here the only way I see that (because Maya/Josy are clearly central to this plot) without some major branching plotlines, that aren't entirely feasible, or retcons is DPC capitalises on the character traits he created for these girls and lets shit hit the fan.

I want Maya/Josy to cash the cheques they've been writing storywise and not get their happy ending. If they learn from this, great! Solid characterisation. Not enough stories end with characters "resolution" being that they've learned to be better through loss. Too many stories end in everyone happy rather than everyone better people.

In fact, thinking about it, I want what amounts to the opposite of AL's twist. Al's twist was undeserving characters getting a bad ending through no fault of their own. A twist for a twists sake. I want the hammer to come down on Maya/Josy in some way because there are actually a reason for it. DPC has laid too much groundwork for these two just not functioning (Josy's ghosting, Maya's hypocrisy and vindictive texts... alll the lying, cheating and selfish manipulating. The near pathological inability to just talk to people about issues.) and to pull an inverse AL twist and have them come out entirely unscathed and happy is just...boring.

Last edited:

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
So... What you're saying is I should use this handy cheat mod and lower my DIK to... "average" size and get a 3way relationship and ultimately restoring my faith in future relations with Maya and Josy... That sounds like a whole story in itself and I highly doubt much content will come from that anytime soon.
I won't be ridiculous enough to advocate against cheats, much less in a pirating site, but the differences between your MC's alignment go beyond unblocking this or that choice. Dialogue changes, the way MC treats people change, he is a different, if familiar, character.

If you got the time, disable mini-games, polish that tab key and go for another playtrhough, with a different alignment, if only to satiate the completionist in you.

One last thing, when you write spoilers, go for
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
or YouCanAlsoWriteInHere.

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
The only reason I consider it a flaw is because this consequence should have been based on how much Josy and Maya like you, rather than how much of a DIK you are. It doesn't matter that you were nothing but nice to either of them. If you even made 1 more major DIK choice, you're rejected.

That makes no sense at all.
I agree. All girl-related choices should be based on their relationship points. This relationship points may also often come with DIK/Chick points like it currently does, but affinity shouldn't be the main point. And the affinity in the game is really inconsistent, because right now even on full DIK route you can get the most Chick girl - Jill - although you miss some scenes in the process, but you can't get the less Chick option of Maya+Josy.

Reactions: Iruna.

Aweful

Jan 11, 2020
Ah hell... I just tried that little trick to get to Chick status and I guess I let too much of the bar get cut off. Even with half the chick side cut off, at Massive Chick -20, they still won't go for the 3 way relationship... RIP.

I thought someone said even at Neutral it will work... Bug?

Edit: Also, I tried using the Spoiler deal. For some reason it doesn't show my text. So... At least I put some kind of warning in case someone gets offended or whatever.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: M.Sato

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Ah hell... I just tried that little trick to get to Chick status and I guess I let too much of the bar get cut off. Even with half the chick side cut off, at Massive Chick -20, they still won't go for the 3 way relationship... RIP.

To get that, you needed to have sex with Josy and do lewd stuff with Maya. You need their points to be high enough too.

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019

No, it's not the DIK score you need to adjust, it's the affinity. It comes in the lower portion of cheatmod menu next to brawler settings. You can be a Massive DIK, but you switch affinity to neutral and it works.

Reactions: dav3knight

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
To get that, you needed to have sex with Josy and do lewd stuff with Maya. You need their points to be high enough too.
No, having sex with Josy and doing lewd stuff with Maya is needed to be able to sleep with both at the same time in the dorm. To get accepted into a relationship with them you only need to have neutral or chick affinity.

Reactions: Iruna.

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
Is it just me or the path we need to romance Best girl Jill [ IMO, I like others as well, but she takes the cake (˵ ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°˵).] is the hardest to maintain and boring, just boring. I mean Full on CHICK is horrible just as Full on DIK. Glad to finish the fiasco with Maya and Joshi, just happy to now focus on the 3 fun one's fully.

I have a hunch what happened with Jade will bite us in the arse in future since cake left hints following jades scene with the retired teacher for a moment I really assumed she'd be the crazy this time, but I don't think she is. I just pray I'm able to have my cake and eat it and not worry of a fire or some other shit show.

Reactions: dav3knight

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
I agree. All girl-related choices should be based on their relationship points. This relationship points may also often come with DIK/Chick points like it currently does, but affinity shouldn't be the main point. And the affinity in the game is really inconsistent, because right now even on full DIK route you can get the most Chick girl - Jill - although you miss some scenes in the process, but you can't get the less Chick option of Maya+Josy.
Here is the thing: so far it was. With enough RP MC could impress Bella, sleep with Maya, mess Sage's makeup, all regardless of DIK affinity.

That DPC chose to block Maya & Josy for DIKs doesn't sound like he's saying something about those characters, but about MC's future; there might be something in store for DIK MC that requires him not to be in this relationship.

Last edited:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
So, MC shows interest in both Josy and Maya individually. They both are hesitant in starting a romantic relationship with him and explain the reasons why; one saying she is in a relationship, the other saying she has a boyfriend, while later clarifying she hasn't, but she says that with the intention of keeping boys at bay, and later assuming she is actually a lesbian. He still "pressures" them into getting involved with him, and after the revelation, that practically shocks all parties equally, it was MC who felt betrayed, when even both girls who were actually in a relationship with each other, forgave themselves, apologized to MC, and even considered adding him into their relation. And some players feel betrayed too.

I understand it's DPC's fault for creating this situation, as we aren't free to choose between the two, up to that point, and are forced into pursuing them for the plot's convenience. But now we are free to let them go, or actually accept to become part of their relationship, which existed before we entered the picture. And we don't even know, at this stage, that if it will be possible to end up with just one of the girls, the one of our choosing, in the future. There is still much content to come, and so far I'm enjoying the drama the way it is. Only if something similar to what happened in AL were to happen, I would be upset.
I mostly agree with you, because you mostly only summarized Josy and Maya from episodes 1 to 3. If they didn't act logically at least they acted according to their personalities, and that's great. But I'm afraid that's not the case for episode 4. Still I think it's safe to asume that this will not be the end of Josy and Maya drama and there will be more options for a relationship in the future, even for those who are friendzoned now. I don't think they're getting a happily ever after together in episode 4 with them still on the Scavenger Hunt. I'm for a Josy only DIK path in the future.
Here is the thing: so far it was. With enough RP MC could impress Bella, sleep with Maya, mess Sage's makeup, all regardless of DIK affinity.

That DPC chose to block Maya & Josy for DIKs doesn't sound like he's saying something about those characters, but about MC's future; there might be something in store for DIK MC that requires him not to be in this relationship.
I could agree with this, but I think he did it in a bad way. LIs should act based on our actions and our score towards them, and the MC should act based on his alignment. Forcing a DIK MC to friendzone J&M would be totally fine. Having them friendone us based on being a DIK regardless of how the MC acted towards them is bad writing.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes