wholef'nshow

Mar 9, 2020
I think I maybe internalised too much of this game because what really hit me was this feeling of heartbreak. It really felt like the MC was falling hard for both of them, and I was right there with him because I found both of these girls to be both hot and likable. He was also grappling with having to choose one over the other but he didn't want to lose either of them, and neither did I, and the prospect of losing both of them if they reconciled and got back together hurt like hell. This concern that whatever feelings they had for the MC would just have been fleeting because of their vulnerable states and would be forgotten about when they were together again was tough.
Same: heartbreak. The same feeling to me. When the MC was in that room and turned his back going away i felt really, really bad. And personally I'm not sure I can forgive Maya and Josy for that.

Mostly Riona. I wouldn't mind if most of the girls died right now but with Riona I'm really excited to see where her character and the relationship with her and the MC goes. I think a Riona or maybe Quinn spinoff game would be really interesting.
We Have Hope!
Ok, now I want that spin-off! xD

Playing the game numerous times and the scene when MC confronts Maya after the grinding scene and cumpetition, and her sole defense was literally "MuH FrEe TuItOn" that killed her character for me, not even taking the whole relationship nonsense with Josy into account.
That's the point! Always childish excuses. And that weird smile on her face like "oh, you can't understand, but I know how complicated life is!".
Fuck you lady!

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I agree with most of your reasoning and despite that i left them on friendly terms, because it felt wrong to me to become a third wheel on their relationship, if the opportunity arrives to start a romance just with Maya again i will definitely go after her.
Yeah, even though I stayed with them I still feel that way. The flashback, the scene in the dorm where Josy uses their inside joke to ease some of the tension, and then their declarations of love at the end make it apparent that these two have very deep feelings for one each other and right now they both seem to just be wanting to explore their feelings for the MC because they don't run quite as deep yet but want to see if they can get deeper. This is what creates that uneasy feeling that they might get over those feelings and leave the MC high and dry.

A big part of me feels like I would have preferred it if they hadn't gotten over the betrayal and hurt feelings so easily. After they admitted to each other that what the MC had said about each of them being involved with him was true, they could have been, like, "what does this mean for us?", but neither of them knows. They admit they're not mad but aren't completely sure how they feel about the whole situation. Maybe Maya would ask Josy is she still loved her and she would say she does, but that she also has feelings for the MC and Maya would say she does too. This way the MC could step in with his Dad's mantra about "following your heart" and be the linchpin, the focal point of the threeway relationship because Maya and Josy would only be getting back together because of their shared feelings for the MC, and this might have taken away some of that "third wheel" feeling.

Also, if you choose to stay with them, it would've been nice if the three of them had had a conversation the morning after they slept together in order to go over things a bit more and really get an idea on where exactly Josy and Maya stand with regards to how they feel about the MC, or even if the MC took each one of them aside to speak to them individually about it. I feel like that's something that needs to happen and I hope it will happen in Episode 5, but it would've been good to have it happen then rather than going from being in bed with them to drinking beer with Derek the next morning.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If Maya and the MC were building a relationship together then it doesn't matter if she thought it was over he still has the right to know she is already with someone even if she didn't say it was with a girl. Josy thought her relationship was already over but still told the MC before anything happened.
I too think Josy was more willing to end the relationship than Maya was, but I get the feeling that it's because Josy has been in relationships before and is more easily able to let go when things aren't working out, whereas this was Maya's first real relationship and it was with her high school crush who was also a close friend. That kind of thing is difficult to get over, especially for someone like Maya who finally had a girlfriend and was able to be who she was. Maya wasn't willing to let go of her relationship with Josy but also wanted to pursue things with the MC, so she was in state of relationship limbo.

I know it might seem like she was unfairly leading him on by not telling him, and it sucks when someone does that, especially if they reconcile with their kinda ex-partner, but I can still understand why she did what she did and can somewhat forgive it even if it does sting a bit.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Same: heartbreak. The same feeling to me. When the MC was in that room and turned his back going away i felt really, really bad. And personally I'm not sure I can forgive Maya and Josy for that.
Even staying with them, that feeling is there. Those declarations of still loving each other were like a dagger to the heart because it makes you question if their feelings for the MC were all that genuine and if they'll be strong enough to make this threeway relationship work, if they could feel as strongly about him as they do for each other and that there would be no jealousy or favouritism, with someone preferring one of them over the other.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I wonder how many times this Maya and Josy topic has been discussed just as much as those kids and their waifu wars I reckon :KEK:
Considering it's probably the biggest relationship plotline of the story so far, and it can be quite an emotional rollercoaster, I'd say it's fairly justified to talk about it at length. Also, for new players like myself, this is still a fresh, new discussion topic for us.

Reactions: Queckor

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Considering it's probably the biggest relationship plotline of the story so far, and it can be quite an emotional rollercoaster, I'd say it's fairly justified to talk about it at length. Also, for new players like myself, this is still a fresh, new discussion topic for us.
It's not new it's been discussed to death and picked over with a fine-tooth comb you could go back over the past 100 or so pages and find it being discussed. Of course it wasn't exactly spammed back then either.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It's not new it's been discussed to death and picked over with a fine-tooth comb you could go back over the past 100 or so pages and find it being discussed. Of course it wasn't exactly spammed back then either.
for new players like myself, this is still a fresh, new discussion topic for us.
It's new for me and will always be new for every new player that plays this game and wants to talk about it.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes