leonmale

Jun 17, 2020
Anyone knows the name of this song by any chance? It's not in the credits, has no metadata, is only played randomly as part of the mansion loop soundtrack and is stored as music/ep5/licensed_music/track3.mp3.
It sounds extremely familiar to me and it's bothering me greatly that I can't put a name to it.
It's instrumental version of the Italian song "Bella Ciao"

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
[...]Your DIK/CHICK score is never considered by any character or any decisions in game [...]
Maya and Josy ep. 4 library scene. They check your affinity directly, not your actions.
I can't think of anyway to do it that would give a character free will.
It would be to restrict free will according to the personality you've been stablishing. But I don't think that such a system is possible. Maybe it is.
Which it's not on the game's music menu, like all the others afaik.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
It would be to restrict free will according to the personality you've been stablishing. But I don't think that such a system is possible. Maybe it is.
Wouldn't matter to me. The whole point of a game is I get to make choices. Define my own actions/Define who I am. Why would I play a game where the game plays me not the other way around?

Reactions: xsssssssss
D

Deleted member 225296

Thank you very much. I knew I'd already listened to this song many times in the past but couldn't put a name to it.

Which it's not on the game's music menu, like all the others afaik.
It's only called within one place from the code.
Code:
        elif loopMansionMusic:
            randomswamp = renpy.random.choice( ("music/ep5/licensed_music/track4.mp3", "music/ep2/freedom.mp3","music/ep2/marty.mp3", "music/ep5/licensed_music/track3.mp3") )
            renpy.music.queue(randomswamp, channel="music", loop=False, fadein=0, tight=True)
And I believe loopMansionMusic is only set true at certain parts of the preps mansion.

The mp3 has no metadata storing the title of the song and DPC, for whatever reason, decided to hide all references for the songs stored within the licensed_music folder; none of them seem to be credited or named.

Dec 20, 2019
Anyone knows the name of this song by any chance? It's not in the credits, has no metadata, is only played randomly as part of the mansion loop soundtrack and is stored as music/ep5/licensed_music/track3.mp3.
It sounds extremely familiar to me and it's bothering me greatly that I can't put a name to it.
Here's a list for you.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Dec 20, 2019
Thank you very much. I knew I'd already listened to this song many times in the past but couldn't put a name to it.

It's only called within one place from the code.
Code:
        elif loopMansionMusic:
            randomswamp = renpy.random.choice( ("music/ep5/licensed_music/track4.mp3", "music/ep2/freedom.mp3","music/ep2/marty.mp3", "music/ep5/licensed_music/track3.mp3") )
            renpy.music.queue(randomswamp, channel="music", loop=False, fadein=0, tight=True)
And I believe loopMansionMusic is only set true at certain parts of the preps mansion.

The mp3 has no metadata storing the title of the song and DPC, for whatever reason, decided to hide all references for the songs stored within the licensed_music folder; none of them seem to be credited or named.
Makes me wonder where he got that version from. I tried a quick search in youtube and this version is not coming out at the top.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-5-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-3685227

second episode:

Maya: THE PROBLEM (i think in this way i find some enemy... :D) she is the classic "damsel in distress", unable to face any difficulty, always hidden behind someone. in this way all her relationship are somethng unhealthy, with her father, with her brother (they don't look so close), with MC to which she lies practically half the times she speaks to him, with her great love Josy (she thought it's over because she didn't hear her on the phone in a while...), with her big sister Quinn, against which she is a ragdoll

she is not owner of any oh her decision, only Josy could save her from Quinn... in every situation she appears weak and pleading. begore she was MC's shadow, now Josy's one

Maya's bad ending: her worst enemy is herself, any destabilization could bring the world down on her, probably the most immediate danger is the free tuition, keeping in mind alla the problems near the HOT. To get her to the end of the story, josy and MC will have to continuously support her
yesterday I forgot an important example of the unhealthy relationship between Maya & Josy: the escape after meeting with Josy' s father. Josy asked to keep her company, to watch over her in this situation, but Maya can't handle envy and leaves, without explanation

weak and pleading

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
The explanation comes later... and there's no envy, just sadness in regards of her own relation with his father.
That's literally envy. Not going to support your girlfriend when she's going to have a tough conversation with her father? Maybe she suffers anxiety too, but that's not an excuse either...

M&J don't seem to make that good of a couple to me, honestly.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
That's literally envy. Not going to support your girlfriend when she's going to have a tough conversation with her father? Maybe she suffers anxiety too, but that's not an excuse either...

Maya was present until everyone thought it would be a difficult discussion. By the time she fled, it was clear that Josy had all her father's support.

Reactions: Mormont

Laurelin

Apr 3, 2020
So I've done the accounts (maybe I've forgotten some points here or there, but not so much I think...) with the help of Scrappy Mode, and we have the following results at the end of episode 5 :
Max Josy RP : 21, with a great majority of "Neutral" decisions (some of them gets a dtype<1 however)
Max Maya RP : 28, with a great majority of "Neutral" decisions (some of them gets a dtype<0, or -3<dtype<2)
Max Jill RP : 21, with a great majority of "Neutral" decisions (some of them gets a dtype<0 however)
Max Bella RP : 20, with a great majority of "Neutral" decisions
Max Sage RP : 16, with a great majority of "Neutral" decisions (some of them gets a dtype>0 however)

So the Neutral affinity seems to suit with every main girl.

Note that even on the Josy/Maya route, both can't have max points (some choices give points at one or the other, but not both).
Idem for Jill/Bella.

However, it is clear that DIK affinity gives us more sexual content, particularly with the side girls.

Laurelin

Apr 3, 2020

Maybe you're right, but it could have been another explanation : it was clearly a happy moment for Josy, and Maya wouldn't want to ruin it...

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
It seems pretty obvious that their relationship did have problems, meeting each other again can make things better for a while but at the end of the day both of them were willing to cheat on the other. I seriously doubt we're gonna keep a three way relationship going this game, and I don't see the author resorting to killing one since it would be expected, so the logical point is their relationship continues to strain and eventually you have to choose.

However, it is clear that DIK affinity gives us more sexual content, particularly with the side girls.
Does seem a bit lopsided at the moment. Considering most of the major decisions feature you escalating things (like fighting people or pulling 'pranks' that go too far), I can see it having more of an impact later on... But right now all you get is extra money since you won't be buying whores.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Maya was present until everyone thought it would be a difficult discussion. By the time she fled, it was clear that Josy had all her father's support.
I don't remember it properly then. If she left when it was clear he supported her then it sounds even more like envy (and/or anxiety).
Maybe you're right, but it could have been another explanation : it was clearly a happy moment for Josy, and Maya wouldn't want to ruin it...
It could be that too. Anxiety can do that to a person, it can make you incapable of doing anthing.
It seems pretty obvious that their relationship did have problems, meeting each other again can make things better for a while but at the end of the day both of them were willing to cheat on the other. I seriously doubt we're gonna keep a three way relationship going this game, and I don't see the author resorting to killing one since it would be expected, so the logical point is their relationship continues to strain and eventually you have to choose.
I think they may break up at some point. Probably with, but it may be even without MC's interference.

Konasuba

Jun 29, 2019
So what's the difference between 5.0 and 5.1? is it necessary to download the 5.1 update? I'm asking because i tried playing it after installing 5.1 and my old saves wouldnt load. I'd appreciate is anyone could help me out.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The explanation comes later... and there's no envy, just sadness in regards of her own relation with his father.
an envious person would say that: "i'm happy for you, but i wanted that for me"

Maya is first of all weak , and this lead her to be insecure and envious

Laurelin

Apr 3, 2020
So what's the difference between 5.0 and 5.1? is it necessary to download the 5.1 update? I'm asking because i tried playing it after installing 5.1 and my old saves wouldnt load. I'd appreciate is anyone could help me out.
5.1 is just bug fix. So, you can take 5.2, wich is fixing some bugs of the 5.1 bug fix :p !!

Laurelin

Apr 3, 2020
an envious person would say that: "i'm happy for you, but i wanted that for me"

Maya is first of all weak , and this lead her to be insecure and envious
Remeber too that many of her problems (particularly about his relation with Josy) came because of his father... If his father was as "cool" as Josy's one, her couple has very likely gone better from the beginning and Maya would'nt be in this situation...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes