Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Josy on the poly route requires Chick Affinity but she also liked it when you drew dicks on Steve's employee of the month picture so she's more of a Dik than she let's on. And Bella may also be more of a Dik than we've seen in the present day based on the flashbacks. Is she pretending to be more straightlaced than she really is or too sad at her husband's absense to be herself?

It's a good mechanic actually because it rewards players who play their way. Let's say players decide early on to pursue Sage and, based on that decision, make every Dik choice available against their better judgement. Those players get punished for it, especially the ones who, if they preffered choices, would end up with her.
Yeah but Sage as suggested by Tommy doesn't apparently like drugs and that's a DIK choice. I know the "Bella comes around" variable is not all based on Chick actions. Some of it is classes and other stuff that are minor choices.

Just think that while systems like affinity and RP might affect the Girls it might be more than one, both, or a combination of all factors that affect a successful ending with the LI of choice

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
The Neutral path works for every girl and so far seems like the best route for those who want to hedge their bets and get the most out of all the main LIs.

Neutral or CHICK affinity is required for M&J, not just CHICK. Josy doesn't seem to mind a bit of playful banter and joking which is what the drawing on Steve's picture was, so I'd say she's more of a Neutral girl since she seems to prefer nice guys but doesn't mind getting a little naughty from time to time.
She is but my hypothesis is the Affinity of the LIs as they currently stand aren't fixed, any more than the MC's is. Think of it like this, Sage is a 1, Maya is a 5 and Bella, Jill and Josy are 3s at the start of the game. All those positions will move 1 to 2 places by the end of the game based on their interactions with a roughly alligned MC.

MC taking the actions of a 1 will never get Maya, MC taking the actions of a 5 will never get Sage because in both cases they'll be put off from the start. MC taking the actions of a 3 can get either of them and change their affinity, bringing them to the centre. Or he could be a 1/2 or a 4/5 and corrupt/purify the 3s. And the actions with one LI will affect others so Josy would become a 2 on the poly route or a 4 on the solo route, Jill might become more Dik-like as Bella slowly reveals her old badass self and reliquishes her semi-parental role. Sage would probably shift toward the centre as Quinn's actions were revealed to her

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Not by Ep 8 by the end of Ep 6 if we continue with 2 choices per Ep. Here is a screen shot of my affinity at the end of Ep 5 on my Pure Dik Major choices run. View attachment 698773 I'm probably going to have to start making Chick choices just so I can take Chick actions at some point here very quickly. Mathematically if he continues at the same rate through all of this we will be stuck with only 2 boxes by Ep 12. Either stuck in Neutral or in Massive DIK/CHICK
Not every episode has to have 2 major choices. For example, I think Ep3 had only one.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
The Neutral path works for every girl and so far seems like the best route for those who want to hedge their bets and get the most out of all the main LIs.

Neutral or CHICK affinity is required for M&J, not just CHICK. Josy doesn't seem to mind a bit of playful banter and joking which is what the drawing on Steve's picture was, so I'd say she's more of a Neutral girl since she seems to prefer nice guys but doesn't mind getting a little naughty from time to time.

That game did basically punish players for playing the field and not being faithful, which could be seen as somewhat DIKish behaviour, so it will be interesting to see if people who go that way in this game will be dealt a similar hand at the end.
That was a good thing of AL. In some other games I tend to do the same and it feels like I'm missing content for no good reason...

The thing about AL is that after some point character development seemed to end and you would have to deal with what you had at the moment. It would make sense if major choices completely stopped or at least were reduced from now on.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
There wasn't one. DPC released a preview image a couple of days ago and info on a render poll today.

It will be interesting to see what happens after ep 6 because, based on Cndyrvr4lf's screenshot, if there are 2 more major choices in ep 6 and they make them in favour of DIK, then all CHICK nodules are gone, so what will will happen with major choices in ep 7? Will the game just automatically make the major DIK choice, or will choosing the CHICK choice add a nodule back on to the CHICK side? :unsure:
There is nothing to stop bar from shrinking further in one direction. There are 3 levels of DIK - DIK, huge DIK, massive DIK. In theory one could keep choosing the DIK option until one is only the most massive of a massive DIK.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
That game did basically punish players for playing the field and not being faithful, which could be seen as somewhat DIKish behaviour, so it will be interesting to see if people who go that way in this game will be dealt a similar hand at the end.
The disparity in the LI Dik-Chick scale makes me think that player will be able to freely play the field more in the DIK path.

Ugimonaa

Sep 2, 2018
Anyone know when the new episode will come out? I'm too excited to see what will happen next, even if in my opinion DrPinkCake ends every episode with too much suspense left.
(I apologize if I made some grammatical errors but English is not my native language)

raptr

Aug 30, 2018
This is no doubt my favorite game atm but holy shit chapters are short. Thought with this corona situation this chapter was gonna be longer and that and it's been the shortest one. Am sad. But goddamn love the game.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I stand corrected. But Ep4 only has one - rooftop weed.
Yep but all the rest have had 2.
The disparity in the LI Dik-Chick scale makes me think that player will be able to freely play the field more in the DIK path.
Yeah so far the only path to (maybe) eliminate girls is the DIK one with the Maya/Josy Poly but it kind of looks like it just splits them into 2 separate paths in Ep5. Speculation on that but still.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah but Sage as suggested by Tommy doesn't apparently like drugs and that's a DIK choice. I know the "Bella comes around" variable is not all based on Chick actions. Some of it is classes and other stuff that are minor choices.

Just think that while systems like affinity and RP might affect the Girls it might be more than one, both, or a combination of all factors that affect a successful ending with the LI of choice
Sure, all those things will matter, eg. higher or lower RP might affect the degree that a particular LIs affinity can shift. Everything I'm suggesting assumes DPC is to some extent punishing metagaming. A couple of posts ago I posited a 5 point scale for where the LIs start and where they might end up; now I would like to posit a 7 point scale for us as players, 1 being massive Dik, 7 being massive Chick. I don't a tiny number of the people in this thread would, if they were making choices for the MC based on their own values, end up 1s or 7s. A larger number would end up as 2s or 6s but the vast majority would be 3s, 4s and 5s (I reckon I'd be a 4 or 5)

Trying to act outside of your actual preferences will see you end up with the worst girl for YOU, the player of the game whereas, for most of us, we'll get the person who best fits who we are as people (and be fuming about it :LOL:)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Anyone know when the new episode will come out? I'm too excited to see what will happen next, even if in my opinion DrPinkCake ends every episode with too much suspense left.
(I apologize if I made some grammatical errors but English is not my native language)
Likely October.

This is no doubt my favorite game atm but holy shit chapters are short. Thought with this corona situation this chapter was gonna be longer and that and it's been the shortest one. Am sad. But goddamn love the game.
Episodes 1-4 on a first time playthrough should take at least an hour each, and ep 5 may have felt short because of the long free-roams, but it still takes a fair bit of time to get through the first time around.

So not really sure how anyone could call these episodes "short" when playing them properly. :unsure:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
There is nothing to stop bar from shrinking further in one direction. There are 3 levels of DIK - DIK, huge DIK, massive DIK. In theory one could keep choosing the DIK option until one is only the most massive of a massive DIK.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those kind of decisions restricted by status and not affinity? I mean, requiring you to be at least DIK or massive DIK or whatever and not banning massive DIK choices if you have made too many CHICK major decisions.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Sure, all those things will matter, eg. higher or lower RP might affect the degree that a particular LIs affinity can shift. Everything I'm suggesting assumes DPC is to some extent punishing metagaming. A couple of posts ago I posited a 5 point scale for where the LIs start and where they might end up; now I would like to posit a 7 point scale for us as players, 1 being massive Dik, 7 being massive Chick. I don't a tiny number of the people in this thread would, if they were making choices for the MC based on their own values, end up 1s or 7s. A larger number would end up as 2s or 6s but the vast majority would be 3s, 4s and 5s (I reckon I'd be a 4 or 5)

Trying to act outside of your actual preferences will see you end up with the worst girl for YOU, the player of the game whereas, for most of us, we'll get the person who best fits who we are as people (and be fuming about it :LOL:)
I would be 1-3 by your scale, I really am a sarcastic asshole :cool: As to your last one that's just simple human nature. We always want what we know we can't/shouldn't have :LOL:

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those kind of decisions restricted by status and not affinity? I mean, requiring you to be at least DIK or massive DIK or whatever and not banning massive DIK choices if you have made too many CHICK major decisions.
I could be wrong but I believe there have been actions/choices that are affected by both in game. Example - Wearing helmet the first time requires DIK or Neutral affinity and getting in the hot tub with Heather, Melanie and Sarah requires Major DIK Status

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
It will be interesting to see what happens after ep 6 because, based on Cndyrvr4lf's screenshot, if there are 2 more major choices in ep 6 and they make them in favour of DIK, then all CHICK nodules are gone, so what will will happen with major choices in ep 7? Will the game just automatically make the major DIK choice, or will choosing the CHICK choice add a nodule back on to the CHICK side? :unsure:
You've never been forced to take a major choice one way or the other and these choices have only ever removed a chunk from the bar so not sure why it would add them.

Most likely it will just force you into certain dialogue choices instead of having two options to choose between in some circumstances.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yep but all the rest have had 2.
Well then, my original point that it doesn't have to be 2 major choices in every episode (and in fact has NOT been 2 major choices for all episodes) still stands.

Your possible DIK status range is limited by major choices bar. For example, let's say you started with the CHICK route and have made nothing but CHICK major choices. By the end of Episode 3, the major choices bar would have shrunk to the point where you can't reach the Massive DIK range. From that point on, no amount of regular DIK choices going forward would push you beyond the Huge DIK status to become Massive DIK status. Effectively, it would ban Massive DIK choices because you cannot achieve Massive DIK status.

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
My working theory is that continuing to choose the DIK side in choices would then start to take the Neutral bars away and once those are gone you can only end up being massive or minor DIK depending on your further choices. As it is right now, some dialogue or minor choice options will just be grayed out.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes