lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Well then, my original point that it doesn't have to be 2 major choices in every episode (and in fact has NOT been 2 major choices for all episodes) still stands.

Your possible DIK status range is limited by major choices bar. For example, let's say you started with the CHICK route and have made nothing but CHICK major choices. By the end of Episode 3, the major choices bar would have shrunk to the point where you can't reach the Massive DIK range. From that point on, no amount of regular DIK choices going forward would push you beyond the Huge DIK status to become Massive DIK status. Effectively, it would ban Massive DIK choices because you cannot achieve Massive DIK status.
Right and that lends credence to my hypothesis that the Dik bar (I've been saying affinity for that which may have caused some confusion) will eventually be whittled down to a single block and, wherever that block happens to be, that is who the MC is. Anyone here ever move to a different city and try to reinvent themselves? You can't really do it, sure, you may fool people for a while but in the end your true personality will emerge. Your MC should, if you play the game properly rather than running multiple saves inorder to acchieve a desired result, end up withthe LI who best fits you, the player and again, as I said in a reply to Cndyrvr4lf, will leave most of us fuming because we don't have a fucking clue what's best for us.

Reactions: jackofshadows

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
My working theory is that continuing to choose the DIK side in choices would then start to take the Neutral bars away and once those are gone you can only end up being massive or minor DIK depending on your further choices. As it is right now, some dialogue or minor choice options will just be grayed out.
See and that's where I have the issue. Assholes can still be nice and you can still be a nice guy and be an ass. Nothing is that Black and White. Where are the shades of grey?

Nobody is that one dimensional

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You've never been forced to take a major choice one way or the other and these choices have only ever removed a chunk from the bar so not sure why it would add them.

Most likely it will just force you into certain dialogue choices instead of having two options to choose between in some circumstances.
That's not quite true as of Episode 5: you MUST choose to run away from Caleb if you didn't fight the jocks back in Episode 2. It would not surprise me if we see more choices being restricted by our past actions going forward.

That said, I doubt we'll be forced to pick DIK choices simply because we're out of DIK bars to lose (or visa versa). My guess is we'll just start eating away at the Neutral bars, and then the least CHICK bars if it gets that far. That, or DPC will change how the Major Choice system works at some point.

Reactions: Casmyr

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
See and that's where I have the issue. Assholes can still be nice and you can still be a nice guy and be an ass. Nothing is that Black and White. Where are the shades of grey?

Nobody is that one dimensional
To be fair, a DIK MC could still pick minor CHICK actions for roleplay reasons - things like telling Lily he wouldn't want a personal stripper or not peeping on Jill and Bella. It's only certain actions (like giving Maya a hug after you just met her or flirting with Jill's elf) that would be barred. Well, that and not being able to use the cruder DIK dialog.

I agree it would make the system more one dimensional, but given how artificial the whole status/affinity system is to begin with, I'm not sure it would make that much difference.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
To be fair, a DIK MC could still pick minor CHICK actions for roleplay reasons - things like telling Lily he wouldn't want a personal stripper or not peeping on Jill and Bella. It's only certain actions (like giving Maya a hug after you just met her or flirting with Jill's elf) that would be barred. Well, that and not being able to use the cruder DIK dialog.

I agree it would make the system more one dimensional, but given how artificial the whole status/affinity system is to begin with, I'm not sure it would make that much difference.
Only cause we all have both sides of the affinity bar right now. However, in one more episode if they continue with a 80% 2 choice per episode we potentially won't. What happens then? No one knows. I agree with you ename144 and always have as far as this issue goes. I think the affinity bar is to limiting for anything more than one dimensional life.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Only cause we all have both sides of the affinity bar right now. However, in one more episode if they continue with a 80% 2 choice per episode we potentially won't. What happens then? No one knows. I agree with you ename144 and always have as far as this issue goes. I think the affinity bar is to limiting for anything more than one dimensional life.
I don't think the lack of the one side of the Affinity track will make a difference for the minor choices. Until we're reduced to a single bar, we can still move up or down the CHICK or DIK side of the track with the -1/+1 points we earn.

Reactions: xsssssssss

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I don't think the lack of the one side of the Affinity track will make a difference for the minor choices. Until we're reduced to a single bar, we can still move up or down the CHICK or DIK side of the track with the -1/+1 points we earn.
I guess we don't agree then. How can you perform a Chick minor action with no chick side. To me my brain thinks Big DIK choice or little DIK choice, basically Huge asshole or little asshole but either way still an asshole :p

Reactions: Ugimonaa

Ugimonaa

Sep 2, 2018
Yes, but you must consider the case that you are a Massive DIK(so +20), it's pretty hard to become a CHICK, you should choose only CHICKs choices thus risking to ruin your gaming experience

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I guess we don't agree then. How can you perform a Chick minor action with no chick side. To me my brain thinks Big DIK choice or little DIK choice, basically Huge asshole or little asshole but either way still an asshole :p
I guess I see it more as a spectrum than two separate 'power sources' that meet in the middle. Even if you no longer have access to the CHICK side of the track, you can still lower the 'wavelength' of your current status (say, from Massive DIK to Huge DIK) by being nice for a minute.

Just my take. Thought I am amused by an opportunity to taunt Jill with the DIK side of the Force...

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I guess I see it more as a spectrum than two separate 'power sources' that meet in the middle. Even if you no longer have access to the CHICK side of the track, you can still lower the 'wavelength' of your current status (say, from Massive DIK to Huge DIK) by being nice for a minute.

Just my take. Thought I am amused by an opportunity to taunt Jill with the DIK side of the Force...
People are capable of extreme reactions on both sides of the spectrum. They are not limited by past choices.

A combat mos soldier (DIK) runs into the middle of a firefight to move non combatants or wounded out of harms way risking his own life(CHICK). Both in my mind would be Major choices.

The way the affinity chart works is that if you make enough DIK/CHICK Major choices you can never make another opposite choice (Major choice) ever again. Life doesn't work that way period.

Reactions: Crazymic79

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
It's a bad system no matter how you slice it and in my opinion brings nothing to the table RP didn't already cover.

I could have almost got on board if it was only influenced by huge choices with demonstrated consequences. The kinda choices that there's no doubt a rumour (and by proxy a reputation) would start. Smoking a bit of weed or defending yourself in a fight shouldn't have permanently tarnished the MC's reputation globally. Even then the system shouldn't limit your decisions, shouldn't lock you into certain behaviour but it could change other characters actions.

If the system defined the games routes it could have worked. If some choice lead to you permanently burning your bridges with Jill/Bella because you were publicly involved with drugs, prostitution and violence then losing a "CHICK" segment would be fine. Arbitrarily not letting your MC do something because he previously did something else is just stupid.

The segments are too easily influenced themselves and offer too little influence on the story making them meaningless.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
It's a bad system no matter how you slice it and in my opinion brings nothing to the table RP didn't already cover.

I could have almost got on board if it was only influenced by huge choices with demonstrated consequences. The kinda choices that there's no doubt a rumour (and by proxy a reputation) would start. Smoking a bit of weed or defending yourself in a fight shouldn't have permanently tarnished the MC's reputation globally. Even then the system shouldn't limit your decisions, shouldn't lock you into certain behaviour but it could change other characters actions.

If the system defined the games routes it could have worked. If some choice lead to you permanently burning your bridges with Jill/Bella because you were publicly involved with drugs, prostitution and violence then losing a "CHICK" segment would be fine. Arbitrarily not letting your MC do something because he previously did something else is just stupid.

The segments are too easily influenced themselves and offer too little influence on the story making them meaningless.
Right helping Steve, taking it further with Jade, etc. etc. How would anyone know? They wouldn't and yet it impacts your global reputation (nice phrase by the way). I like the way the status/mood part works but the actual affinity IMO is garbage.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019

I would agree with a system that made you forge a specific personality and then make you stick to that personality. I don't like how it was implemented in this game, though. I'm not even sure how you could implement correctly such a system or if it can be done.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Right helping Steve, taking it further with Jade, etc. etc. How would anyone know? They wouldn't and yet it impacts your global reputation (nice phrase by the way). I like the way the status/mood part works but the actual affinity IMO is garbage.
The way I’d want this to work is that RP is what it is. Do shit people like, they like you. Do shit people don’t like... they don’t like you. It’s individual for all characters and decides if they like you.

Your DIK/CHICK score is never considered by any character or any decisions in game but what it instead does is add flavour to your speech (as it already does). This is now your personality not a mystical reputation. Spend all day looking up girls skirts and other actions the game considers “DIK” and it influences your characters mannerisms. Objectify women 24/7 and that option to “compliment” Maya comes off creepy and you lose RP. This way your Chick/DIK score is used to see if your personality matches the girls and organically draws them to you. Sage would like DIK MC, Sage would want a “bad boy” so would gain RP when this system makes the MC act like a DIK. Nobody is psychic here, they only gain/lose RP based on your personality influencing how you say things.

Finally the big DIK/CHICK choices define routes and are tangibly commented on. You know how Maya/Josy reject a DIK mc using psychic knowledge of his past deeds? It wouldn’t work that way. I’d want 2-3 major choices with clear public awareness of them happening between episode 1-4 and if you pick certain choices you lose DIK chick segments... but here’s the thing, the girls use these to define their routes and inform their opinion. Take Maya/Josy. A major DIK would be rejected but they would explain why by citing those major DIK choices. Those public actions would be tailored to be reasons for the girls to leave you and/or want to be with you.

This way, act like a dick and drive CHICK girls away? They’ve got ammunition to say why they’re rejecting you in the form of your major plot line choices rather than just saying no without any justification (leading to 1000 people jumping onto the forum to ask why they didn’t get the threesome route because it’s entirely arbitrary)

Nobody is psychic, MC has a tangible personality and the girls organically align to you via that. it’s not perfect and would require careful balancing so you can’t just neutral your way into everyone’s panties but it’s a damn sight better than the Arbitrary-o-tron 3000 we have now.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I would agree with a system that made you forge a specific personality and then make you stick to that personality. I don't like how it was implemented in this game, though. I'm not even sure how you could implement correctly such a system or if it can be done.
I can't think of anyway to do it that would give a character free will.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
The way I’d want this to work is that RP is what it is. Do shit people like, they like you. Do shit people don’t like... they don’t like you. It’s individual for all characters and decides if they like you.

Your DIK/CHICK score is never considered by any character or any decisions in game but what it instead does is add flavour to your speech (as it already does). This is now your personality not a mystical reputation. Spend all day looking up girls skirts and other actions the game considers “DIK” and it influences your characters mannerisms. Objectify women 24/7 and that option to “compliment” Maya comes off creepy and you lose RP. This way your Chick/DIK score is used to see if your personality matches the girls and organically draws them to you. Sage would like DIK MC, Sage would want a “bad boy” so would gain RP when this system makes the MC act like a DIK. Nobody is psychic here, they only gain/lose RP based on your personality influencing how you say things.

Finally the big DIK/CHICK choices define routes and are tangibly commented on. You know how Maya/Josy reject a DIK mc using psychic knowledge of his past deeds? It wouldn’t work that way. I’d want 2-3 major choices with clear public awareness of them happening between episode 1-4 and if you pick certain choices you lose DIK chick segments... but here’s the thing, the girls use these to define their routes and inform their opinion. Take Maya/Josy. A major DIK would be rejected but they would explain why by citing those major DIK choices. Those public actions would be tailored to be reasons for the girls to leave you and/or want to be with you.

This way, act like a dick and drive CHICK girls away? They’ve got ammunition to say why they’re rejecting you in the form of your major plot line choices rather than just saying no without any justification (leading to 1000 people jumping onto the forum to ask why they didn’t get the threesome route because it’s entirely arbitrary)

Nobody is psychic, MC has a tangible personality and the girls organically align to you via that. it’s not perfect and would require careful balancing so you can’t just neutral your way into everyone’s panties but it’s a damn sight better than the Arbitrary-o-tron 3000 we have now.
Yeah but like you said you could do the same thing with RP or a set variable in the game. Look up skirts, Fuck around = True Maya rejects you Look up skirts, Fuck around = False Maya says yes. Simple

Dec 20, 2019
If only DPC made the game to be hardcore mode, autosaves at every decision, no manual saves. Imagine the drama you will see in this thread.

D

Deleted member 225296

Anyone knows the name of this song by any chance? It's not in the credits, has no metadata, is only played randomly as part of the mansion loop soundtrack and is stored as music/ep5/licensed_music/track3.mp3.
It sounds extremely familiar to me and it's bothering me greatly that I can't put a name to it.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes