OhTheLove

Jun 5, 2020
The problem is that, even doing all of that (not helping her is a mean move considering you were the 'cause' of the problem and, if you haven't done anything with her, you should be willing to confront her father and tell him the truth to help your friend, but ok), the MC still thinks in Josy as a love interest. He's still having doubts in his inner thoughts. Is terribly similar to what happened with Megan in AL. You could neglect her, you could tell Liam she was not your type, yet you still kept creeping on her while sleeping, you still hugged and kissed her at home and decided to explore your feelings together (spa scene). What feelings, man?

I don't want them to dissappear from the game, I get they are important and I don't mind being friends with them, but please don't force me into situations when I'm making clear decisions against them. Also, I still don't understand all the drama. If everybody cheated with each other, is that really a problem? It just means you 3 feel attracted, there's no need to overreact like they did. Why feel betrayed when all of you have done exactly the same with the same people? It's a glorious, almost ideal situation, yet DPC decides it's a terrible thing and waits a whole episode to let us sort things out. It could have been done much earlier, even the same night Josy appeared in the dorm. I don't get it, honestly
The drama from my point of view made perfect sense for these reasons. Josy was honest with the MC about her relationship status and her feelings for him so he knew exactly what he was getting into so him feeling betrayed was more of him just lashing out at her because of the situation (that the girls he had feelings for were dating).

Maya was actually at fault because she wanted them to be honest with each other and yet she chose to hide the fact that she was in a relationship with someone else (in my playthrough I was honest with her about Josy). So the MC's reaction made a lot of sense since it was a lot to take in and since I also started gravitating towards Maya (because Jill was in a relationship) it made the emotional impact of this scene all the more satisfying. That's why Maya makes more of an effort to reconcile with MC (as compared to Jill who at least told him how it is without the specifics, which also made sense considering what they were going through) since she knew she messed especially after the Hots initiation thing as well.

Looking forward to how it plays out. Isabella in my books is still best girl, she stole the throne from Josy and Jill is a very close second.

Diavel

Apr 2, 2018
Okaaaaay...
Theory time....
Bella is a psycho Murderer.... she has problems connecting with people because she doesn't want to be found.... now Why do I say this you ask???
Because she is still married with a guy that no one knows where he is at... and she doesn't seem to be looking for him.... because of course she knows where he is....BEHIND THE LOCKED DOOR... DUM DUM DUUUUM!!
and she still has a psychological demented connection to that marital status and that's why she keeps the ring and all of the pictures of them down.... XD
(I'm an ass XD)

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The drama from my point of view made perfect sense for these reasons. Josy was honest with the MC about her relationship status and her feelings for him so he knew exactly what he was getting into so him feeling betrayed was more of him just lashing out at her because of the situation (that the girls he had feelings for were dating).

Maya was actually at fault because she wanted them to be honest with each other and yet she chose to hide the fact that she was in a relationship with someone else (in my playthrough I was honest with her about Josy). So the MC's reaction made a lot of sense since it was a lot to take in and since I also started gravitating towards Maya (because Jill was in a relationship) it made the emotional impact of this scene all the more satisfying. That's why Maya makes more of an effort to reconcile with MC (as compared to Jill who at least told him how it is without the specifics, which also made sense considering what they were going through) since she knew she messed especially after the Hots initiation thing as well.

Looking forward to how it plays out. Isabella in my books is still best girl, she stole the throne from Josy and Jill is a very close second.
Maya's character is truly mistreated by DPC.

the scene after the grinding, is one of the saddest in the game, she waits for MC in the dark, without even the courage to speak to him, to apologize to him, it is one of the few occasions when MC can be really rude (when he asks her if she is in the dark to be able to grind on him again ..), she confesses to have been used, but even worse than to have been made fun of by Quinn. and the only motivation of all is the hope of obtaining a free tuition, which besides being far from reaching, there are also reasons to doubt that it is real ..

she jeopardizes her relationship with MC, that from friendship is becoming something more, for an economic question, with very few assurances.

also the fact that the only solution she finds to give up paternal support for college is to be Quinn's puppet, does not support her. how to rely on the lottery ...

Last edited:

julezzz

Dec 17, 2019
Just got to the big reveal. I don't understand how the MC can be mad and feel betrayed when he's not in the position to do so.

Mofo has been fooling with plenty of girls up to this point, so he's not completely "honest" either.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Just got to the big reveal. I don't understand how the MC can be mad and feel betrayed when he's not in the position to do so.

Mofo has been fooling with plenty of girls up to this point, so he's not completely "honest" either.
MC is angry with Maya who lied to him repeatedly (99% sincere..), towards Josy initially he is mostly afraid of having lost two important girls for him at the same time. when in the bathroom Josy speaks about "a mistake", MC can only be wounded.

MC was not and could not be loyal to anyone, MC is an "affair" for Josy, and the story with Maya gets serious that evening ...

Last edited:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018

He's young, young people are stupid sometimes.

I've hypothesised that, not to having a mother, being bullied and having no friends for most of his life he's emotionally immature for his age and is getting, at almost 19, the kind of crushes most people have when they're 13.

D

Deleted member 2552672

Couldn't be that annoyed but you'd be pretty fucked off and confused if two girls you were seeing that said they were single turned out to be seeing each other having not mentioned that ever. Especially when one of them (Josy) travels hours to visit you at college.

Reactions: JohnDelfino

Diavel

Apr 2, 2018
Couldn't be that annoyed but you'd be pretty fucked off and confused if two girls you were seeing that said they were single turned out to be seeing each other having not mentioned that ever. Especially when one of them (Josy) travels hours to visit you at college.
Josie didn't say she was single... quite the other way around, she admitted to be in a troublesome one....
If anything Maya withheld the information that she was in a relationship... but she herself didn't know what was to happen of it so she was still trying herself to understand wha she was going through at best, and considering she was a Lesbian at heart she is conflicted for the feelings she has for the Mc?!?!?

Reactions: OhTheLove

julezzz

Dec 17, 2019
Josie didn't say she was single... quite the other way around, she admitted to be in a troublesome one....
If anything Maya withheld the information that she was in a relationship... but she herself didn't know what was to happen of it so she was still trying herself to understand wha she was going through at best, and considering she was a Lesbian at heart she is conflicted for the feelings she has for the Mc?!?!?
I thought Maya mentioned she was in a complicated girl/girl relationship as well; that's how we knew her father disapproves. Plus, she told the MC to not get attached to her.

This misunderstanding does bring some teen-romance movie nostalgia though haha
Interesting to see the two girls may get jealous seeing the MC with the other girls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diavel

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Except that Josy says she's "in a relationship", not that she's single. Maya's the only one who didn't say she was currently in a relationship.

I thought Maya mentioned she was in a complicated girl/girl relationship as well; that's how we knew her father disapproves. Plus, she told the MC to not get attached to her.
She finally mentions to the MC in ep 3 that she's only ever been with a girl, but not that she's in a relationship right now and that's also when we find out about the Dad situation.

She told the MC in the very first episode that she lied about the boyfriend thing because she felt it would make him not be attracted to her but he tells her it's "too late" for that because he already is.

Kailadan

Mar 25, 2020
I freaking love this game. The characters, the writing, the music... I love it all. I've played through it far too many times, and then I replay it tons more every time an update hits. Very recently, I finally sucked it up and played Acting Lessons... and it rocked me to my very foundation. I won't go into details on what all it was that shook me so hard with that game, because it's absolutely an amazing game that I feel that fans of this game should play at least once. However, the events of that game have made me a bit... paranoid.

I don't remember the exact line, but at one point in Being a DIK, the MC mentions something along the lines of if he knew then what he knows about Isabella now, he would have walked away and never looked back. You see, Jill is my favorite girl, with Isabella being a close second. After playing Acting Lessons, I suddenly feel like I have PTSD and keep seeing signs of a... certain redhead in my two favorite girls. Like I said earlier, paranoid.

That anticipation of the other shoe dropping has me hooked, and I simply can't pull away. I've found myself giving a damn about all of these characters, and I have sooo many questions burning a hole in my mind, even about side characters! Why was Heather in a wheelchair in the intro to episode 5, and is that the same one on top of the DIK's mansion? Just how deep of a hole has Quinn dug, and how many people are going to get stuck in it with her? Is Nick hiding something from the rest of the DIK's, or is he just stuck in the past? Will Arieth ever get her crabs taken care of, or will she continue on and infect the entire school?

...I freaking love this game.

Slytherin͏

May 23, 2020
MC has to have a Charisma Aura of 100, because Jill - one of the hottest girls on campus - basically falls in love with him at first sight...
I guess she's still confused... She's just strongly attracted to MC atm but she's falling for him.

julezzz

Dec 17, 2019
I am loving the apps Rooster and Swyper. Reading the social media posts and adding comments are fun.
That Ida chick on Swyper... has to be a catfish...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes