Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
It's such an unfortunate flaw in an otherwise great game and is entirely avoidable had things been implemented differently. The depth of feelings displayed by MC, Maya, and Josy would land much better in ep 4 if every player had had to go back to Maya after the DIK party and almost have sex with Josy and Maya because these are the most crucial scenes in developing those relationships. Players could still not offer to help Maya or say the right things to Josy on the date, but those scenes need to be seen to understand why the characters feel the way they do.

Bella's another example as you and ename144 have said, not just with the scenes in ep 4 and 5 but also the scene in ep 3 that was important to see that is also avoidable. So here we have a situation where the MC can not have gone to see Bella in the library or stayed with her and got that lewd scene, but still comes on hot and heavy with her in ep 5 which seems inconsistent because you can easily not have seen how that relationship has built up to this point.
Yeah for such a huge cast and a big game it seriously has some flaws as far as it's depth. To many scenes that should be mandatory can be avoided. As players we can miss so much backstory that it makes it seem like logic gaps in the game. Meh nothing is perfect. Overall its still a good game, especially in comparison to others, it just has some flaws that seriously detract from the overall implementation of it.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
The affinity debate will never die just like the M&J debates will never die. :ROFLMAO: They're the most divisive parts of the game and will always people ranting about them.
And it's especially annoying because nobody who complains about it actually understands how it's supposed to works precisely because it's designed to prevent players from manipulating the points to get an outcome they, rather than DPC, intends; that's why RP is hidden too.

My best guess, as I've said before, is that the LIs all have their own Affinity bar that is far more locked in the the MC's and our actions are to zero him in one of their Affinities. Allignment ought to affect whether MC's words match his actions so that, for example, Maya will find an MC who spends all his time doing dumb frat shit and hanging out at The Pink Rose disingenuous. RP seems like it could be a useful endgame stat that might allow the MC to overcome a bad allignment, eg, ending up as a Massive Dik when, in order to get the good Sage ending, you need to be a Major Dik.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
How the hell did I miss that? Also has DPC posted the next in the beach series after Camila?
It's within the status update.

It's been a mixed week workwise. I've written more of the dialogue and posed some static renders.

I've added sound effects and music to completed parts of the episode, done some playtesting and further planning of the development.

PCs have mostly been rendering animations and they have been working on some longer animations.

1320 static renders and 60 animations are completed.

I have a lot left to write, code, pose and render. I've made a list of scenes that I want in the episode and even though I've written ~7500 lines of main dialogue code (Best compared to episode 5 main dialogue file 9074 lines), I have much left to write.

I think we're heading for the longest episode to date, which is really exciting but also means that the wait will be longer.

I'll continue to give you updates to the best of my abilities.

As thanks to all patrons for helping me reach 7000 patrons, I'm currently posting daily wallpapers in a special render series I call "Beach fun".

These special renders will also be included in episode 6. I'm using this status update to give you the daily render of Sally.

View attachment 743635
View attachment 743636

In poll news, the winner of this week's cosmetic poll for Sage is option number 1:

It will be featured in episode 6.

A new cosmetic poll for Josy will start shortly. It will be the final cosmetic poll for the episode, but not the final poll.

Dr PinkCake

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
To be fair you kinda can If you assume alignment means campus rep. Being a DIK makes you the bad boy, Being a chick makes you a good guy, both of which attract different type of girls.
reputation matters to those who don't know you. it is right for them to have prevalence. but for those who know you it doesn't make sense.

if Bella doesn't trust MC initially, that's fine, he's a DIK and has presented himself in the worst way ...

Maya and Josy trust MC so much that they want to clarify with him (then they don't, but in theory they see each other for that), Maya asks him for another chance.
at this point, however, they remember that MC has a bad reputation and they don't feel like risking ...

stuff that actually ends up with MC in jail

Vyacheslav Grinko

Nov 9, 2018
I just finished the whole game so far and im very impressed with this game it reminded me like playing Life is strange that kind of game or Bully but with an awesome MC and character developing and many options through the game what can i say this game is a masterpiece i hope it never ends !!!!!

Reactions: ThePresident451

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017

It's been a mixed week workwise. I've written more of the dialogue and posed some static renders.

I've added sound effects and music to completed parts of the episode, done some playtesting and further planning of the development.

PCs have mostly been rendering animations and they have been working on some longer animations.

1320 static renders and 60 animations are completed.

I have a lot left to write, code, pose and render. I've made a list of scenes that I want in the episode and even though I've written ~7500 lines of main dialogue code (Best compared to episode 5 main dialogue file 9074 lines), I have much left to write.

I think we're heading for the longest episode to date, which is really exciting but also means that the wait will be longer.

I'll continue to give you updates to the best of my abilities.

As thanks to all patrons for helping me reach 7000 patrons, I'm currently posting daily wallpapers in a special render series I call "Beach fun".

These special renders will also be included in episode 6. I'm using this status update to give you the daily render of Sally.

View attachment 743635
View attachment 743636

In poll news, the winner of this week's cosmetic poll for Sage is option number 1:

It will be featured in episode 6.

A new cosmetic poll for Josy will start shortly. It will be the final cosmetic poll for the episode, but not the final poll.

Dr PinkCake
I really wish he would take on some help 5+ months an update is just crazy to me. I know quality takes time i just really think it would benefit him if he had some sort of help.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I really wish he would take on some help 5+ months an update is just crazy to me. I know quality takes time i just really think it would benefit him if he had some sort of help.
No it would not, and he already explained it why. :)

Most patreon pages with this many patreons don't work solo anymore. They have 3-8 people that work actively on the project. Do you still work alone or do you get any help from employee/friends? Anf if you do, in which field? (Music,design,story,rendering...) If not, are you planning to recruit people?

Yes, many creators team up to create games. Those creators truly amaze me, because I could never do that. I get help with proofreading and beta testing, which alleviates a lot before release. Everything else I do on my own and I love every single bit of game development!

I'm not looking to recruit people for any parts of the game development. I will continue to do this gig solo until the day I stop doing it. I don't want to rely on someone else to match my workflow and high demands. I also fear that it could potentially ruin the vision I have for the game. Also, I wouldn't be a good boss, I would micro-manage way too much and that could actually end up hurting my productivity. I think the end-product would suffer if I brought more people on board, because this is a product of passion; what I'm doing right now I'm devoting the majority of my life to, for a foreseeable future.
as a player, as a customer, I get you, it is suck to wait, i feel the same. but in the end of the day it is better this way for the game :) . I must say i really like how DPC handel his product. no stupid poll about what content you want to see, not letting others tell him what to do how to do, and it's clearly beneficial for him.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Apart from the story and relationship inconsistencies, I'd say they're doing just fine on their own. Most devs can't manage to do 1320 renders and 60 animations of their quality in just over a month.

Also, there has only been one update that took almost 5 months and that was ep 4, and it only took that long because of the branching paths, every other episode has been around 3-4 months, including ep 5.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
when times get longer, the fear, I think common to all of us, is that at some point the game remains incomplete

and in this kind of game it is quite common

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

JohnDelfino

Mar 27, 2020
Will there be any content with Ashley, the short red hair girl? She is the only HOTs that is not a total slut, beside Maya and Josy of course. From the look of it she is just a side character but we have sex with most of other HOTs like Camila, Sarah, Riona...etc except Ashley. Derek can go fuck himself. I want the short red hair girl:(
You can't do that to your bro.
It would have been much better if M&J's decision to dump the MC would be based in actions (going back to Maya after the party, promise to help her, have sex with Josy...) instead of on pure affinity.
It is based on both.

Reactions: flippityflop

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
there wont be another update this year imo
1320 renders and 60 animations in just over a month since they fully started development, plus they've already started to code the game and add sound effects, music, etc.

Another month like this and they'll have 2640 renders and 120 animations and be further along in the episode development.

As this episode is being billed as "the biggest", let's say we get another month like this and the total rises to 3980 renders and 180 animations, AND they've been coding as they go. It would probably just take another few weeks to a month to finish and polish before release which would put us at the end of October for ep 6, and even if it doesn't, there are still 2 months left in the year.

So tell us again why the update won't be out this year. :rolleyes:

Reactions: rogokin
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes