Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Relationship points should be use because it makes sense, and many games uses the system. The affinity is something new and although I agree that it can be used to guide the alignment of the character, it shouldn't hamper plot like Jill shower scene. The status, to me is redundant since we already have the affinity system.
Right two systems to control MC/Character interactions and neither one really does what it should.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
This was addressed just two pages ago, maybe do some leg-work yourself and then you don't have to wait for some random to decide to reply?
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-5-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-3880349

She isn't necessarily in that locked room.

Sage says she was avoiding her father, so she may have been on the move the whole time and unknowingly moved past the MC at some point while he ducked into a room.

You don't see several other HOTs as they're moving around the building either (Camilla, Lily, Mona etc.), DPC mostly only puts them on screen when he wants the MC to interact with them during this freeroam.
I don't know, this topic is hard without going for metagame explanations. Two people moving in around have it easier to find each other, specially through the stairs, the easiest way is hide in a room. I doubt Sage's father will go looking around (does he ever know she's there?) and DPC went as far as to put two locked rooms in the house.

The meta explanation is that people who we aren't supposed to find aren't around. Mona and Camila probably went back to their place, and I don't remember what Lily does afterwards. But Sage doesn't have to be anywhere technically. But still, Two rooms...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Relationship points should be use because it makes sense, and many games uses the system. The affinity is something new and although I agree that it can be used to guide the alignment of the character, it shouldn't hamper plot like Jill shower scene. The status, to me is redundant since we already have the affinity system.
in my opinion affinity measures the "reputation" of MC. actions themselves that lead to a certain affinity do not matter

if MC is considered Dick, the most sensitive, most educated people will not have confidence in him, they won't take him seriously.
on the contrary if MC is considered Chick the most casual people, who are looking for fun, will consider him unsuitable, boring...

but even considering the affinity, it always makes little sense to have the prevalence over RP.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I don't know, this topic is hard without going for metagame explanations. Two people moving in around have it easier to find each other, specially through the stairs, the easiest way is hide in a room. I doubt Sage's father will go looking around (does he ever know she's there?) and DPC went as far as to put two locked rooms in the house.

The meta explanation is that people who we aren't supposed to find aren't around. Mona and Camila probably went back to their place, and I don't remember what Lily does afterwards. But Sage doesn't have to be anywhere technically. But still, Two rooms...
Just guessing.....

Mona goes to her dorm and Camilla follows her to talk to her.

Lily goes to Pink Rose cause the comments in Rooster.

Jan 23, 2020
That's also another problem the game has. None of the alignment shit really matters past chapter 1. It seemed like Bella was only going to be available going down the CHICK path because you got -Bella points for choosing a DIK action but that mostly changed starting from chapter 2. They need to make half of these relationships only be available if your on 1 side or the other. Take Jill for an example, if your actions were really dickish throughout the game she shouldn't even want to date you but as the game currently is as long as you say the right things at the right time none of that matters.
Jill can't see your game stats, tho.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dec 20, 2019
in my opinion affinity measures the "reputation" of MC. actions themselves that lead to a certain affinity do not matter

if MC is considered Dick, the most sensitive, most educated people will not have confidence in him, they won't take him seriously.

on the contrary if MC is considered Chick the most casual people, who are looking for fun, will consider him unsuitable, boring...
You are right, the affinity debate happened many many pages ago and I agree it measures "reputation". But I still feel that we don't need both affinity and status. Status is redundant and having them both confuses many players, as can be seen from all the "how to get Jill's shower scene" questions.

Dec 20, 2019

This brings us back to the question: Is eccentric guy Sage's father or Jill's father (because we know he's looking for his daughter)? WHO IS SAGE'S FATHER? Dun dun dun!

I'm sure there are some holes in the house that we haven't explore. I say this because out of such a huge mansion, I only see 2 toilets (Tybalt's and the one MC flooded) and 1 huge bathroom (HOT bathtub scene). Remind me there are others that I failed to mention.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You are right, the affinity debate happened many many pages ago and I agree it measures "reputation". But I still feel that we don't need both affinity and status. Status is redundant and having them both confuses many players, as can be seen from all the "how to get Jill's shower scene" questions.
sorry, I missed that discussion.

but precisely the problem remains that in relationships with a character MC's reputation cannot count more than MC's RP with her.

it's okay that affinity has prevalence towards characters with whom MC has interacted a few times.
for example with Bella at the beginning it's okay that affinity prevails, with Maya and Josy in the DIK library not

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Just guessing.....

Mona goes to her dorm and Camilla follows her to talk to her.

Lily goes to Pink Rose cause the comments in Rooster.
Comments on rooster? I don't know what you mean.

But those three don't worry me. The thing is if we should be worried about Sage, that and the call during the free roam where we were looking for the laptop. What was that "frat stuff"? Just setting this party with the preps or something else?

The most plausible thing is that in ep. 4 Sage was setting this party and in ep. 5 she isn't around because DPC doesn't want us to find her. It's those two locked doors what doesn't quite fit and make me suspicious.
This brings us back to the question: Is eccentric guy Sage's father or Jill's father (because we know he's looking for his daughter)? WHO IS SAGE'S FATHER? Dun dun dun!

I'm sure there are some holes in the house that we haven't explore. I say this because out of such a huge mansion, I only see 2 toilets (Tybalt's and the one MC flooded) and 1 huge bathroom (HOT bathtub scene). Remind me there are others that I failed to mention.
Yeah, if anything she seems to be locked on what should be the penthouse's bathroom alone. At least there should be a bathroom per floor, not counting private bathrooms inside bedrooms. But besides that it looks like we explored the whole house.

I think it's Sage's because of two things, both of them comment on the other, and Jill didn't say anything about her parents being there and because redhead :ROFLMAO: .

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Right like ename144 said in reference to Bella scenes Ep4 and Ep5. We miss those relationship building scenes but the game doesn't adjust to whether we saw them or not. We still see the same scene regardless when we get there but without seeing the building scene. It makes it seem like a huge jump that doesn't make sense without the previous scene. Breaks immersion because it seems flawed.
It's such an unfortunate flaw in an otherwise great game and is entirely avoidable had things been implemented differently. The depth of feelings displayed by MC, Maya, and Josy would land much better in ep 4 if every player had had to go back to Maya after the DIK party and almost have sex with Josy and Maya because these are the most crucial scenes in developing those relationships. Players could still not offer to help Maya or say the right things to Josy on the date, but those scenes need to be seen to understand why the characters feel the way they do.

Bella's another example as you and ename144 have said, not just with the scenes in ep 4 and 5 but also the scene in ep 3 that was important to see that is also avoidable. So here we have a situation where the MC can not have gone to see Bella in the library or stayed with her and got that lewd scene, but still comes on hot and heavy with her in ep 5 which seems inconsistent because you can easily not have seen how that relationship has built up to this point.

The affinity debate will never die just like the M&J debates will never die. :ROFLMAO: They're the most divisive parts of the game and will always have people ranting about them.

Last edited:

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
sorry, I missed that discussion.
but precisely the problem remains that in relationships with a character MC's reputation cannot count more than MC's RP with her.
To be fair you kinda can If you assume alignment means campus rep. Being a DIK makes you the bad boy, Being a chick makes you a good guy, both of which attract different types of girls.

Last edited:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
It's such an unfortunate flaw in an otherwise great game and is entirely avoidable had things been implemented differently. The depth of feelings displayed by MC, Maya, and Josy would land much better in ep 4 if every player had had to go back to Maya after the DIK party and almost have sex with Josy and Maya because these are the most crucial scenes in developing those relationships. Players could still not offer to help Maya or say the right things to Josy on the date, but those scenes need to be seen to understand why the characters feel the way they do.
It would have been much better if M&J's decision to dump the MC would be based in actions (going back to Maya after the party, promise to help her, have sex with Josy...) instead of on pure affinity.
In Lily's rooster, Nicole and Rose commented and I think Nicole asked Lily to go back to Pink Rose for the Tequila? And I cannot quite recall but I think Lily commented that she will bail out back to Pink Rose after the "Tequila session".
I should check that, I though I had read all. Thanks.

Jan 23, 2020
Neither can Maya/Josy but they react to it just fine. I agree with you but....

I just feel that the game is inconsistent in what and when it reacts to certain things.
And indeed I hated that part and the drama before that... :LUL: But the rest of the game is more than satisfying, to me. I don't expect a masterpiece... It's a very good game, full of freakin' beautiful models, very entertaining, very funny... I can't ask more. Only a genius would master every single aspect perfectly, all by himself... I'm almost relieved DPC has some flaws! :KEK:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes