always86

Mar 19, 2020
Re the previous discussion:

DPC has changed a lot during the last year or two. When he made AL he was a chippy friendly fellow who had a good sense of humour, but now when he has gone pro he's become much more tense. Understandably as Patreon support is his only income. I like to play poker for fun with friends, but it poker were my profession, I'd probably be tense and salty all the time as well. I haven't been on his discord in months, but back then he was stressed out a lot. Not of people in general, but because he set his bar so high that he has to deliver magnificent updates whatever the cost.

And about the $75 renders etc, he got really paranoid about those leaking, and towards this forum in general. The high-tier renders are requested by the paying patrons as a special reward and not for public use. AFAIK the high-tier patrons have a gentleman's agreement not to post the pictures or other awards to the larger public.

And no. He does not follow or read anything in this thread.
I initially got the game on Steam. I really loved it so I joined his Patreon. I then, discovered this forum/ thread. I’m still a Patreon at $10 a month, and in a episode launch month I will go to $25 again. if we get 2-3 chapters a year i’m paying $150-165 a year. That’s more than I paid for Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU2 combined. I’m not complaining about that, just giving an example of someone who puts a bunch of money in DPCs pocket who also uses this forum. I don’t have an issue with the $75 posts staying hidden, honestly if I were spending that much I wouldn’t share either.

Dude is making a lot of money from this game and more and more patrons are coming each day. I don't see a reason to be salty about this thread. This is free adverstising for his game and a lot of people become patrons because they discovered his game right here.

Fighting the internet is dumb. The once powerful music industry learned a very hard lesson about this in the 2000s. DPC could be smart and and think more about his actions before he faces similar problems.
Yeah he’s currently over 7200. He must be one of the most popular games, certainly Must rank high up on adult games, not to me mention the top 20 rank on Steam which is kind of incredible.

I don't think DPC is hostile to this site, but Patrons who pay high subscription fees want to feel they are getting what they pay for. This site is the reason I became a patron so the advertising is true, but I'm not a $75/month patron and it's easy to understand he wants to make them feel it's worth spending that much to support him.

Many developers get burned out either because they lose interest or get tired of the criticism. Having a developer that wants to finish projects and make them seem complete is worth supporting to me. I didn't like Acting Lessons, but even after the harsh criticism DPC still finished it with 22 possible endings.

While it is sad to here the developer is more stressed out I feel the product is of very good quality overall, obviously it keeps us engaged with thousands of pages full of people speculating, arguing, or cheering for their favorite parts of the game or characters.

While there are things DPC could do to alienate fans and patrons I don't see not leaving personal messages on a pirate site as acting in a hostile manner.
One of the issues is that with success come expectations. People accept the time lines, though start to get impatient nearer a release. One step the adult game industry will need to find a way to take is improving timelines and quality. 7000+ Patreons has got to be making him $35k a month at a minimum. (I imagine his average sub is somewhere between 5-10).

That reaches a point where you could hire someone else on 5k a month and still be making $20k plus yourself after Patreon cuts. I appreciate that comes with it’s own stress, but there are plenty of talented 3D modellers Or even programmers out there who haven’t been able to find their own success. This could ultimately reduce his stress and speed up production.

Yes and no. Some of us still believe that the Almighty one might still lurks in here from time to time, absorbing mountains of our ridiculous garbage ideas, and secretly making #futajill, #KRJ, #psychobellaa reality.

Sometimes it would be stupid just to ignore precious resources freely available no? Unless that person has some principles to stick to.
I’d be surprised if he didn’t come here. I’ve visited his discord and it’s not like he interacts much on there (he’s busy I get it). This is a pretty Good resource for opinion on the current state of the game and the direction things are going.

gdpe359

Jun 20, 2018
Seriously though...
The Steam forum is just sad. Even DPC's presence there can't change that.
I never been on his Discord, so I don't know how the situation is there.

F95 gets crazy sometimes...
... okay, it gets crazy most of the time. But there's no other place I'd rather discuss this game than here.
Since I'm a dirty pirate that only lurks on this forum, care to explain why the Steam forum is sad? Do you mean that very little people are discussing on Steam?

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
Since I'm a dirty pirate that only lurks on this forum, care to explain why the Steam forum is sad? Do you mean that very little people are discussing on Steam?
As much as possible about the season was discussed, until the 2nd season does not come out the steam forum will be half dead.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

I've done a fair deal of everything this past week. It started out with a few days of coding and I almost finished a new feature that I've been working hard on.

Actually, there's more than one new feature this episode, but that's something I'll leave you to discover.

I've moved on to writing and posing static renders and animations again. I need to get back to focus on writing dialogue this upcoming week to be able to have material to pose for soon.

I still have plenty of animations left to do and dialogue and static renders are almost neck and neck. It's a stressful period right now, but I'll pull through in time.

This is the current render and animation count:

1714 static renders + 68 animations

Some other nice preliminary stats for the episode, there will be at least:

-15 new licensed songs

-10 new CC0 songs

In poll news, there's an ongoing poll for "Special renders: Main girl". At the moment, it's a split poll where Sage is in the lead in the $10 poll and Isabella is in the lead in the other polls.

When tallied, Isabella is in the overall lead. The poll ends next week, so I'll report the results in the next status update.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
That reaches a point where you could hire someone else on 5k a month and still be making $20k plus yourself after Patreon cuts. I appreciate that comes with it’s own stress, but there are plenty of talented 3D modellers Or even programmers out there who haven’t been able to find their own success. This could ultimately reduce his stress and speed up production.
Apparently not in DPC's case, he doesn't trust anyone else so can't abide the idea of farming his work out.
Most patreon pages with this many patreons don't work solo anymore. They have 3-8 people that work actively on the project. Do you still work alone or do you get any help from employee/friends? Anf if you do, in which field? (Music,design,story,rendering...) If not, are you planning to recruit people?

Yes, many creators team up to create games. Those creators truly amaze me, because I could never do that. I get help with proofreading and beta testing, which alleviates a lot before release. Everything else I do on my own and I love every single bit of game development!

I'm not looking to recruit people for any parts of the game development. I will continue to do this gig solo until the day I stop doing it. I don't want to rely on someone else to match my workflow and high demands. I also fear that it could potentially ruin the vision I have for the game. Also, I wouldn't be a good boss, I would micro-manage way too much and that could actually end up hurting my productivity. I think the end-product would suffer if I brought more people on board, because this is a product of passion; what I'm doing right now I'm devoting the majority of my life to, for a foreseeable future.

Reactions: Hurensohn Heigl

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Apparently not in DPC's case, he doesn't trust anyone else so can't abide the idea of farming his work out.

Yes, I remember reading that, but frankly the more popular he get’s the less reasonable that is. I don’t want to see a decline in quality, and I understand if he enjoys doing all the aspects himself, but at the moment he isn’t making the best Use of his resources in my opinion.

At the very least I’d like to see him do more with his resources. I know at one point he was going to include voice acting if he earned enough. He talked about hiring someone to do 2d hand drawn art of the characters. That never materialised.

Miskatonic81

Aug 2, 2020
They're not that active and certainly not as spicy. There's a big thread ranking top girls and then a ton of threads asking when season 2 comes out lol

• Haha
Reactions: BenMeiffert

Dec 20, 2019
Seriously though...
The Steam forum is just sad. Even DPC's presence there can't change that.
I never been on his Discord, so I don't know how the situation is there.

F95 gets crazy sometimes...
... okay, it gets crazy most of the time. But there's no other place I'd rather discuss this game than here.
They're not that active and certainly not as spicy. There's a big thread ranking top girls and then a ton of threads asking when season 2 comes out lol
It's not much difference here in happy crazy wonderland. You will see 1/3 asking for updates, tiermakers popping up once in a while, 1/5 fanatics praising and worshiping the cake and the rest us spicy crazies. But at least we have the crazies here right? Where else can we unload our insanity but here? We're doing for health reasons.

Meanwhile in other threads you see 1/3 deserters (those shouting abandoned), 1/3 whiners (asking for updates and entitlements), 1/4 devs actually being active (bantering, taking feedback, answering questions, showing appreciation) and the rest miscellaneous.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
He had to sit and get models for, pose and then render each of those photos. There's no way he didn't put some thought into them. These aren't random assets he's got and thrown into a scene like the newspapers and such to flesh out the world. These are specific, custom, renders with specific models for a younger Jill, Bella and what appears to be her sister.

Chekhov's gun in most media is one thing, but in a game where you have to hand craft every inch of every scene it becomes exceptionally relevant.
I disagree here with this. Has he spent a lot of time on them specifically? Yes. Does he do this with a lot of other pointless stuff? Yes. Does that in itself neccessarily mean anything? No it really doesn't at times. Besides, if you're good with graphical editing anything is possible. I do this myself with my own stuff. No need to make custom complex models and render them.

This is the difference with DPC to anyone else and why the game is so popular. Detail. Details matter. There are some great VN's around, good quality renders, good writing. But take a really good close look at them. You know what's missing in a kitchen scene? Living room scene? Outdoor scene?

Detail.

Now I understand why, I've said before, we can't all afford to have/run 5 dedicated pc's churning out 100 renders a day in optimal quality...he can...he does and therefore you can afford to spend that little extra on small details that ultimately, hugely differentiate you from the what is a distinctively average crowd. Sure any dev could have a complex scene, then render all the different sections seperately to save on render time...but they don't. They have empty scenes...

Effort for that extra detail makes all the difference regardless of whether it's a photo or a potted plant that isn't needed.

Last edited:

PaulGaul

Aug 9, 2017
Yes, I remember reading that, but frankly the more popular he get’s the less reasonable that is. I don’t want to see a decline in quality, and I understand if he enjoys doing all the aspects himself, but at the moment he isn’t making the best Use of his resources in my opinion.

At the very least I’d like to see him do more with his resources. I know at one point he was going to include voice acting if he earned enough. He talked about hiring someone to do 2d hand drawn art of the characters. That never materialised.
This is his work ethic. We have to live with that. Compared to multiple other devs, he is still lightyears ahead in how he works & communicates.

Afaik he asked whether community wants voice acting which he was able to add knowing that it will increase development cycle timeframe more. Consensus was that his patrons can live without it.

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
-This one is another blink. BUT, this time she gets a steamy gawk at MC's chest before she blinks. So, +1 DIK.
ep3_isa_confront52_blink1.jpg
On this one, I think Bella is lost with her thoughts and she doesn't stare or anything. She's thinking why and how she likes MC, and then there's the kiss.

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
I read some theorys about Jill and Bella I've never heard before, how do you guys know about this? Staying with Bella at the end of episode 3 would be my guess, am I right?

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I disagree here with this. Has he spent a lot of time on them specifically? Yes. Does he do this with a lot of other pointless stuff? Yes. Does that in itself neccessarily mean anything? No it really doesn't at times. Besides, if you're good with graphical editing anything is possible. I do this myself with my own stuff. No need to make custom complex models and render them.

This is the difference with DPC to anyone else and why the game is so popular. Detail. Details matter. There are some great VN's around, good quality renders, good writing. But take a really good close look at them. You know what's missing in a kitchen scene? Living room scene? Outdoor scene?

Detail.

Now I understand why, I've said before, we can't all afford to have/run 5 dedicated pc's churning out 100 renders a day in optimal quality...he can...he does and therefore you can afford to spend that little extra on small details that ultimately, hugely differentiate you from the what is a distinctively average crowd. Sure any dev could have a complex scene, then render all the different sections seperately to save on render time...but they don't. They have empty scenes...

Effort for that extra detail makes all the difference regardless of whether it's a photo or a potted plant that isn't needed.
But there’s a difference between an asset flip and a specific character recreated.

Bella’s axe and boots could easily be meaningless detail. He bought the models, dumped them in the world and wrote some text. Easy and potentially meaningless in all the ways you described above.

The photos required much more effort to source models, pose, render and then add to the world as Polaroids before rendering a second time with the MC holding them in a specific manner that covers text DPC added.

Im not saying these are certainly a central plot element or whatever but as far as “extra details” go this is above an beyond any other detail in the game. Guy re-uses the same newspaper every time someone’s holding one. Most books are duplicates and the buildings are assets used in most western VN’s. Half the men in the story have the same model with different wigs on. Most of the cast have the same skin imperfections because he’s only got a handful of textures.

Small detail exists in the game world but when someone puts more care and attention into posing a unique polaroid than he did choosing the models for half the game I would say balance of probability would indicate its more than just a background detail.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
I read some theorys about Jill and Bella I've never heard before, how do you guys know about this? Staying with Bella at the end of episode 3 would be my guess, am I right?
Well, you have to try the three paths to see the bigger picture. As funny Derek is, his path is honestly the least revealing one. If you don't stay with Bella, she barely appears in ep4. So yes, you have missed some hints of her relationship with her husband. Nothing about Evil Jill, Auntie Jill, Futa Jill theories though. :cautious:

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
Well, you have to try the three paths to see the bigger picture. As funny Derek is, his path is honestly the least revealing one. If you don't stay with Bella, she barely appears in ep4. So yes, you have missed some hints of her relationship with her husband. Nothing about Evil Jill, Auntie Jill, Futa Jill theories though. :cautious:
Yeah I will try the Bella path, just finished the one with Sage cause I wanted to know why she's so popular and gotta say she has much going for her

Reactions: flippityflop

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
His discord is now patrons only, which is actually how I found this site to begin with because I was craving discussion about his games.
Whilst I can't speak for DPC's Discord, the level of conversation on other Discords isn't anywhere close to what it's like here on this site, and I'm not just talking about this thread, but the threads of those other games too. It's just a lot of inane banter and constant memeing, and that's even with games that have deep, interesting stories worthy of good discussion like Leap of Faith, Radiant, Connected, and Where The Heart Is.

So I imagine it's probably the same for the BaDIK Discord, and whilst DPC doesn't necessarily need to see people having deep discussions about their game since they're going to do whatever they're going to do, in-depth, constructive feedback like what is posted here regularly can be useful and it's a shame that they don't even lurk to see what people are saying.

While there are things DPC could do to alienate fans and patrons I don't see not leaving personal messages on a pirate site as acting in a hostile manner.
It's not necessarily a hostile act, but from what I've seen others say about him who were here when it all went down is that he does seem to dislike this site, possibly because the people criticising him didn't pay for his game and he doesn't like that. But even though this thread may not have as many people on it as there are members of his Discord (the majority of which I'd wager are never active on the Discord), I'd say that the level of discussion here is such that it is worthy of their attention and it doesn't matter if they don't leave messages via their official profile, but even just knowing they look in from time to time would be OK.

So what you guys are saying is... Senpai won't notice us? :cry:
Basically, yes

One of the issues is that with success come expectations. People accept the time lines, though start to get impatient nearer a release. One step the adult game industry will need to find a way to take is improving timelines and quality. 7000+ Patreons has got to be making him $35k a month at a minimum. (I imagine his average sub is somewhere between 5-10).

This "industry" is made up of several dozen individuals working mostly by themselves on games that don't exactly follow any kind of set, regulatory guidelines, especially when it comes to how they number their different versions, so I don't see exactly how they can take any such "steps" to improve things when it's not a unified "industry" that can band together and improve anything in a collective way.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
It's entirely possible that someone else besides Jill made those photos, and as such could have had any number of reasons to put their last name on it. It's also entirely possible that's it's not a reveal at all and DPC had to put the MC's thumb somewhere and it made the most sense to obscure the writing on that photo. I'm not saying it's impossible he put that much thought into a random photo most players won't pay attention to, just that it's not guaranteed that who Jill's family is means anything at all. I think stuff like who leaked the Cathy photo, the reason for Bella's husband leaving and MC's mom are things DPC has put a decent amount of effort into building up reveals to, but Jill's sister or really any family member is unlikely to move the needle all that much (imo). We know she comes from a rich family, who that rich family ends up being might not even be Jill's drama point.
Even if someone else did make them and wrote Jill and ‘Val‘ Royce on them that still doesn‘t explain why the name would need to be obscured. In that moment the MC doesn’t know anything about Jill. In a way in would have been better for him to of seen the picture, know Jill has a sister and then find out she died.

We know her family is the Royce’s it’s revealed in episode 5. these Photo’s are 100% a clue to something. No chance DPC renders and designs 2 Polaroid’s with no significance. That clue could be that Jill is a Royce. It could be she had a sister and that clue could be something yet to come.

DPC has put lots of clues and things hidden in plane site so far. Simple things like the HOTs coming out of the toilets in cafeteria. A set of feet behind a van. The safe being uncovered in Rusty’s room. The ‘soldier‘ at Bella’s. Very little in BADIK is for no reason. It might be red herring, it might have a wider meaning, but things like this are designed to make you wonder.

BTW I’m hanging my hat on this theory, Camila fucks Rusty, Riona steels the laptop while he is distracted, posts the photo. Rusty panics and runs out of the room, Quinn sneaks in and attempts to steal money from the safe.

This is his work ethic. We have to live with that. Compared to multiple other devs, he is still lightyears ahead in how he works & communicates.

Afaik he asked whether community wants voice acting which he was able to add knowing that it will increase development cycle timeframe more. Consensus was that his patrons can live without it.
Agreed he is one of the very best in the genre.

I’d like VA I think it‘s the next step in taking these types of games to the next level. That said it might be tough to find enough good voice actors willing to make adult content like this.

This "industry" is made up of several dozen individuals working mostly by themselves on games that don't exactly follow any kind of set, regulatory guidelines, especially when it comes to how they number their different versions, so I don't see exactly how they can take any such "steps" to improve things when it's not a unified "industry" that can band together and improve anything in a collective way.
I under stand that it is a group of self employed people at the moment. But adult games are growing in popularity at a rapid rate. Those few dozen people are generating hundreds of thousands of dollars a month in revenue. Not to mention something like Subverse that made £1.6m For its development.

My point was really that in order to advance, they need to do more and push the envelope. DPC is a leading light at this in terms of quality, but could deliver more with the money he is making

Last edited:
Reactions: Minengeschoss
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes