Dec 20, 2019
I don't know where you went to college, but even in a music conservatory I spent 4-10 hours a week in the library. There is NOTHING strange about a college student being in the library. It would be far more strange if Sage (and everyone else on campus) didn't know who Bella was, except maybe the Tri-Betas who have their own library. And if Sage is close to graduating, she's doing her homework. This isn't junior high.
Library is a place where we can hangout with air conditioner, look at chicks, sleep, chit chat. Ah good times....

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Library is a place where we can hangout with air conditioner, look at chicks, sleep, chit chat. Ah good times....
Or, in a conservatory, look at scores you can't find anywhere else and you can't photocopy because they are too big. At least, that's what it was like 25 years ago.

No women in music school back then. The year I started, I think out of 1200 students there were 20 women (can you say sausage-fest?). It started getting better through the ninties (thanks in part to Sarah McLachlan and the whole Lylith fair crowd, which I have to tell you is saving the music instrument world these days! Don't kid yourself, representation matters.), though I think by the time I left it was still 4-1 or so. These days the numbers are at least 50-50, and maybe even going the other way, because while all the boys were playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band, a growing number of women were learning to play.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017
I think there are some comparisons in this thread that aren't really fair. Erotic games content is not mass market - it's almost the exact opposite of that. Premium products (and it's hard to describe DPC's work, which is some of the best in the genre, as anything else) in a niche industry are always going to be more expensive.

Running a business is expensive. And hiring help isn't as simple as you might make it out to be. I am a programmer myself, and I have at times considered dabbling in creating or modding games as a way of developing my skills (for example, python is not currently a language I have any work in, so I could develop some python skills by working on a ren.py game). But there's a big problem with doing that: Most programming work is open source, and the way you demonstrate your abilities to employers is to let them look at your actual code.

You can't do that with adult games content; the games aren't open source to begin with, and "here's an XXX rated game I worked on" is not really a conversation you can have when interviewing for a conventional job. That makes it a lot harder for either DPC or someone he hired to commit: No matter how good a creator or programmer DPC is, it's going to be hard for him to move into another industry if this doesn't work out, and it's going to be hard for him to hire someone at a market rate when they're producing work they can't really put on their resume - he's gonna have to pay a premium for that.

It's just a thing you have to accept that if you're consuming this kind of product, and frankly especially if you're doing so in a world where something like F95zone exists so people who want to not pay for your content WILL be able to get it for free - if you want to support it, you're gonna pay more than you do for a commercial title, and you're doing so explicitly in order to keep that work in production.

Now, maybe DPC could find someone more easily now, when people might be willing to take more adventrous employment choices in a US economy that's dealing with significant contraction, but it remains the case that you're going to have some vision-sharing issues, and that a great creator is not necessarily a great manager, leader or communicator. It's DPC's product, and there's no requirement that someone working with him agrees with his choices, but being able to communicate with subordinate programmers and give them feedback on what you do and don't like about their code is a skill, and it's not one all programmers have - many experienced programmers pass on leadership roles to remain senior developers explicitly to avoid having those kinds of responsibilities, and others get jammed into those roles due to lack of interest and do a shitty job and alienate members of their teams.

To be honest, it's hard to blame someone who is financially dependent in not only the short but the long term on their products success having some resentment and unhappiness with a website that freely pirates the shit out of their content. That anyone can come here and get his work (and, indeed, will probably be able to get his new update as soon as he releases it to his top-level patrons, much less the general release) for free is a real threat to his long-term economic stability, and he's taken an enormous personal risk by committing to this, because he'll have to explain the gap in his resume even if he doesn't choose to share the work with a future employer if he ever gives up (and, probably, in order to demonstrate his skills he will have to find someone willing to look at his work on adult content, which will significantly limit his options, probably to within the games industry generally; you're not gonna be able to show the codebase of Being a DIK to Amazon or Google and get a job there! They couldn't even review and discuss your work among the hiring group w/o violating company policies!)

If you enjoy this game (or any game, but especially the ones from the best creators who are doing this as their full-time jobs), you should probably whine less and be more appreciative that the creator has taken a rather significant risk in their personal life by making a commitment to making content you like.
f95 zone is a double edged sword for content creators. As an up and coming developer it's a great way to promote your product and create a fan base. 4000 pages on this forum is evidence that DPC not up and coming. He's already a developer, and despite this site maybe creating an increased interest in his early work, it has now become a leech instead (especially since his game is on Steam). I make sure to support the developers I like, especially as I hope to be one myself someday soon. It'd be impossible to quit my job, even if I was making 10x what I currently make (one can dream), all it would ultimately be is practical skills in python and supplemental income!

Reactions: Kuraii

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Sort of a weird question but I just started and the graphics do not look anything like in the screen shots. Never had this issue idk if its my monitor or what. Also as far as game mechanics go, should I maintain a balance between being a dick and nice or go full dick since its the title of the game?

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Sort of a weird question but I just started and the graphics do not look anything like in the screen shots. Never had this issue idk if its my monitor or what. Also as far as game mechanics go, should I maintain a balance between being a dick and nice or go full dick since its the title of the game?
Depends on what kind of game you want. Start by doing what feels right, and go either full DIK or full CHICK on your second playthrough. You get different opportunities depending on your choices, but they aren't so much better or worse, just preferences.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Depends on what kind of game you want. Start by doing what feels right, and go either full DIK or full CHICK on your second playthrough. You get different opportunities depending on your choices, but they aren't so much better or worse, just preferences.
CHICK doesnt sound nice though Lol

always86

Mar 19, 2020
half of the points you have listed are not for all routes, and in any case many of them do not seem particularly important, but that is not the point of the reasoning.

why the relationship, the jealousy between people who already know and interact in reality should develop better through a game of D&G?

Does Jill get more jealous if MC saves Maya from a dragon, than if she sees them hugging around?

to me it seems evident that it is mainly fan service, then certainly something useful to the story will be there
Firstly, with the exception of the Jill x Maya sex And picnic And Cathy sex scene, I think everything on in this chapter was available on all three paths. Secondly name an episode where ‘more’ happened. Not everything has to be a huge progress. 1 or 2 big moments plus lots of smaller moments is typically what makes an episode.

As I said D&G is a soft interaction. It potentially allows the characters to be competitive in a way similar to if they were playing a sport together. Or doing Yoga. Vying for the MCs attention, and yes getting jealous if they don’t get it, or he seems to favour someone else. The point wouldn’t be for a cat fight to be triggered, but instead for relationships to be explored in a subtle, fun, different setting.

View attachment 765603

Episode 6 - Preview #5: Isabella & Sage
This pandering seems to be getting out of hand and becoming more glaring as the game advances.
Yeah, I really can't even blame people for voting with their dicks on this one. If DPC wants this game to be taken seriously and not be treated as just another bust-a-nut simulator, out of place and out of character outfits shouldn't be in these polls to begin with. We already have special renders for those urges.
The cosmetic polls DPC does are almost completely pointless for this very reason because it's always a case of "skimpiest outfit wins" and there's no way DPC doesn't know this before conducting the poll so it therefore becomes something of a superfluous exercise because they're essentially leading their Patreons into voting for it.

It sometimes makes me wonder if DPC is actually the one who wants the skimpiest outfit but he makes these polls so that if anybody were to complain about it being too skimpy, he can deny most of the responsibility by basically saying, "hey, I didn't choose it, my patrons did".

This is what it competed against, btw.

Of these, I'd have said the top of #2 and the trousers of #3 would've been the best outfit as it's a bit more appropriate, but there was no way #3 wasn't going to win.
Agree with you all. The option with most skin on display will always win, which is a bit frustrating because I think 1 or 2 are much more in keeping with her character.

I had this interaction on the poll for this Outfit;

0F07E9CE-5186-4B85-BED5-4124A86E0069.jpeg

Having said that of course, she does wear a crop top at work in one of the earlier episodes. I just think that white one looks terrible.

Reactions: Real Kreten

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
CHICK doesnt sound nice though Lol

It isn't mean to be nice. At least to me it's saying you are a wussy / sissy / wimp / goody-two-shoe . Not really a "chick magnet".
I get why he did it because of the rhyming and the style of the game, but really the DIK/CHICK path choices are really just choosing between being a gigantic frat bro and a like relatively normal, reasonably nice dude who is also in a fraternity and does fratty stuff. An example of the way that DIK or CHICK affinity changes the MC's dialogue on complimenting girls from "Wow, you look great in that" to "wow, that's hot", often with the kinds of results you'd expect based on the temperment of the girls.

There's very little stuff in the game only available to one affinity or the other, though some relationships are much harder on the DIK path, it also has a few extra casual sex scenes. You can do everything with DIK affinity as long as you correctly recognize the situations and girls with whom the MC should tone it down a bit. CHICK affinity loses out on a few one-off casual sex type scenes, and in return has a dramatically easier time winning over the non-party girl types. Said CHICK character can still choose to do all sorts of fratty stuff with his fraternity when those girls are not around. Most importantly, I think, there's no situation in the game where a CHICK character is less popular or less accepted by his fraternity, and you can be both a CHICK character and the most accomplished pledge in the history of the frat at the same time without very much difficulty.

The game is fun on both paths and IMO the girls are well enough designed that it's worth playing both. From the beginning, I'd take a look at the 5 major LI characters (Josy, Maya, Jill, Isabella and Sage) and decide which one you want to focus your playthrough on to choose whether you want to go DIK or CHICK first. CHICK makes the first 4 easier, and DIK makes the Sage relationship easier, but again, either can do both (but a DIK character has to be particularly careful in their interactions with Jill and Isabella).

Honestly overall the game will play best if you don't max out either scale. Everything that specifically looks for whether you are MASSIVE DIK or a MASSIVE Chick is actually a downside, though there are some benefits at HUGE (mostly HUGE DIK). In general, neutral/CHICK affinity will get one result, and DIK will get a different one, almost entirely based on the way the MC changes his phrasing of certain statements. DIK characters will make more blatantly sexual compliments to girls when complimenting them (eg wow, that's fucking hot instead of wow, you look great, etc), and will make meaner and somewhat funnier jokes when you choose joke options. You can pretty quickly get a sense as to which characters would like each approach, and if you simply don't try to do those things with characters that won't like the style you're committed to (eg don't compliment Jill as a DIK character), things go fine.

Last edited:

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
What’s stopping DPC from increasing their fundraising goals so that they can hire a team? This seems to be a very ambitious project. Have they ever spoken about this?
I would say greed, he's now at a point that he earns so much that he could open a game studio and hire ppl and still have a shit load of money... the lame excuse answer that he gave on his Q&A is just that a lame excuse, doing this form passion yeah passion with steam release too cuz patreon wasn't enough :ROFLMAO: you just have to read post #2 on this thread to realise what kind of a dude he is, don't get me wrong his games are one of the best if not the best but he as a person, yeah i have my doubts...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I would say greed, he's now at a point that he earns so much that he could open a game studio and hire ppl and still have a shit load of money... the lame excuse answer that he gave on his Q&A is just that a lame excuse, doing this form passion yeah passion with steam release too cuz patreon wasn't enough :ROFLMAO: you just have to read post #2 on this thread to realise what kind of a dude he is, don't get me wrong his games are one of the best if not the best but he as a person, yeah i have my doubts...
surely he is jealous of his work, and it seems legitimate to me.

then moving from working alone to working in a team is not easy, and in the immediate future it would lead to a worsening of working times, if DPC is not convinced it is difficult for him to even try

as a player the only thing that worries me is that BADIK will not be concluded, if it takes 2 years or more it is a secondary problem

Reactions: ThePresident451

Phynix

Apr 12, 2018
I wouldn't call it a lame excuse. If you know what you want out of your game and story, it's better to do it on your own instead of hiring someone and having to explain all the details every single time, or worse, have to redo it yourself eventually. Some also want him to work with other devs, which in my opinion will only lead to conflict of interests sooner or later. Personally, if i were DPC, i would do it by myself as well. Not everyone enjoys babysitting others.

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
I wouldn't call it a lame excuse. If you know what you want out of your game and story, it's better to do it on your own instead of hiring someone and having to explain all the details every single time, or worse, have to redo it yourself eventually. Some also want him to work with other devs, which in my opinion will only lead to conflict of interests sooner or later. Personally, if i were DPC, i would do it by myself as well. Not everyone enjoys babysitting others.
Dude you make him look like he's the greatest game developer in the world and he know it all, you realise that are ppl way more experienced and who know more about game developing who in fact i think it would only help this game to get better, it's all about team work afterall not about "babysitting" cuz DPC didn't invented the weel, c'mon think...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes