ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Well, that Maya pic is new. Haven't seen that here before.
I was going to say that. Nothing major, other than confirmation Maya will be in the library. But I'm still in favor of anything that lets the MC spend time with the LIs and get us back to establishing some sort of normal routine.

I wonder if this happens for everyone, or only those on the M/J path?

There's also this pic of Bella and Sage.
View attachment 773355

So, now we have both Maya and Sage in the library at some point in ep 6. Oh boy, looks like we are in for a game of DnG to force relationship drama. :rolleyes: I just hope this isn't the reason why it wil be the "longest episode" so far and is what the "new feature" is going to be for.
Calm down, people playing a game doesn't mean the relationship drama has to flow from in-game actions. Or even that the game is primarily about drama rather than lighthearted character building.

Look on the bright side: the Maya pic proves there will be at least some interaction with her outside the game, right?

I don't think he is having a joke, I think he's written a character who is emotionally traumatised over something that happened in her past and seems to keep others at an arms length, probably as a result of this thing that happened, and people are interpreting her behaviour as though she's some kind of emotionless psychopath.

Whatever Bella's issue is, it's not going to be that she's some axe-wielding murderer who cut down her own husband, it's going to some manner of deeply tragic and potentially traumatic event that has made her close herself off from people because she just shut herself down rather than deal with the issue in a healthy way. This happens to people and it doesn't mean they become crazy psycho-killers, they just need to confront the problem and sort through it in order to move on and accept it, which is what the MC's function will be; to help Bella get over her past trauma and to be happy again.

This is why I think that, whilst there will be some manner of Bella-only ending, an ending where you don't end up with her but you did do everything with her will still be a happy ending because she'll be grateful for having had him be there for her and make her feel good about herself again. So when the MC goes off with Sage, or M&J, or Jill, we might see a happier, lighter Bella in the epilogue whose life is better for having known the MC, and even if we see her with someone else it wouldn't feel too bad because the MC did a good thing and she deserves to find happiness with someone.
I've got it! Bella and her husband were big DnG players. They broke up after their last campaign ended in a TPK when the party picked the wrong door and ran into a bunch of traps. Bella blamed James, he blamed her, it was ugly. No wonder she's so grumpy when the nerds play in the library! It all makes sense! :p

Alright, more seriously, I agree that the MC will have the chance to help put Bella back together, but I don't think he'll be able to do that and still end up with another girl. I think he'll end up in a nebulous relationship with Bella that will be implied (or outright stated, depending on how DPC handles the epilogues) to become official once he finally graduates.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
We still have to contend with the mysterious boots that are seen in ep 5:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Seems like an odd thing to keep in a room that would essentially be a shrine to a lost child. :unsure:
Yeah, they doesn't fit much it's the only thing that makes me doubt about the baby room theory. When we see the room at the end of episode 3 those boots aren't there. It's all very strange.

The teenager room doesn't make much sense either. Why would her lock up her own room? It doesn't make any sense.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Yeah, they doesn't fit much it's the only thing that makes me doubt about the baby room theory. When we see the room at the end of episode 3 those boots aren't there. It's all very strange.

The teenager room doesn't make much sense either. Why would her lock up her own room? It doesn't make any sense.
You know whats funny? Its just a regular room. Nothing indicated otherwise. There is nothing that prevents us from coming over while she is still working and peep inside from the window. Except plot convenience :sneaky:

Reactions: Maviarab

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
So, now we have both Maya and Sage in the library at some point in ep 6. Oh boy, looks like we are in for a game of DnG to force relationship drama. :rolleyes: I just hope this isn't the reason why it wil be the "longest episode" so far and is what the "new feature" is going to be for.
Really? I mean all the speculation, and you act so surprised. Wall of text conversations, and yet somehow you were missing the obvious. I thought it was obvious, they will be all in the library and play the game, i missed a couple of days , but thought we are past this. :D and I do remember that i said, that may be just chill ,and let's see how it will play out, and let's not just get whining yet. :D

Just like the Joker did not risk losing the battle for Gotham's soul in a fist fight with Batman.
I doubt DPC will put the MC's love life to be permanent , in the hand of a board game.

Phynix

Apr 12, 2018
You know whats funny? Its just a regular room. Nothing indicated otherwise. There is nothing that prevents us from coming over while she is still working and peep inside from the window. Except plot convenience :sneaky:
That's for CHICK route, DIK MC could've simply kicked the door in and claim that he fell down the stairs. :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: flippityflop

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
I doubt DPC will put the MC's love life to be permanent , in the hand of a board game.
Not necessarily, no. But we're overdue for some "grabbed by the balls" scenarios. We've become complacent and we've been taking our uncanny luck for granted.
Time to reintroduce some suffering back into the equation! :devilish:

I'll probably get some hate for this comment, but I just find this game a lot more fun when it's dealing with that kind of adversity.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Curtains, dude. Curtains :ROFLMAO: .

It could be the biggest red herring of history and be only in our (and the MC's) mind, but at this point it would be a big disappointment.
Did you really consider your dream theory as the most likely explanation for a D&G game?

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Did you really consider your dream theory as the most likely explanation for a D&G game?
Not "most likely", but a possible explanation for the DnG preview.

I personally prefer the idea of him having a revelatory dream at the start of the episode about his current situation with these LIs over having all of them in a single room in a contrived way just to start sowing seeds of relationship drama this early on. It would likely just be a few +/- RP points with the LIs and some renders showing them giving curious looks to him and other LIs, but after everything that's happened with him in the past couple of weeks, it would be nice to just get a little breather and not have to deal with the issues of juggling so many women. But this game, whether it's short or long, wouldn't give us that and it just feels a little forced.

It's like in those TV shows, mainly sci-fi ones, where the protagonist spends most of the episode in some parallel/fantasy world with alternate/caricaturish versions of their friends and enemies, but the episode serves almost no purpose in advancing the actual plot and is primarily just used to fill space in a 24 episode season.

Last edited:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Not "most likely", but a possible explanation for the DnG preview.

I personally prefer the idea of him having a revelatory dream at the start of the episode about his current situation with these LIs over having all of them in a single room in a contrived way just to start to sowing seeds of relationship drama this early on. It would likely just be a few +/- RP points with the LIs and some renders showing them giving curious looks to him and other LIs, but after everything that's happened with him in the past couple of weeks, it would be nice to just get a little breather and not have to deal with the issues of juggling so many women, but this game, whether it's short or long, wouldn't give us that and it just feels a little forced.

It's like in those TV shows, mainly sci-fi ones, where the protagonist spends most of the episode in some parallel/fantasy world with alternate/caricaturish versions of their friends and enemies, but the episode serves almost no purpose in advancing the actual plot and is primarily just used to fill space in a 24 episode season.
I don't disagree with you. I feared that D&G would dominate the whole episode and be manily offtopic, I don't like those kind of episodes in shows. A rest/less serious scenes is always good, but I also want the story to go forward and this has a high chance of taking A LOT of time, considering Sage and the MC get to be in bed together within the game and all of that. I don't see how a dream could be anything but offtopic, a real game has at least some chances of having some character development.

Reactions: ename144

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I don't disagree with you. I feared that D&G would dominate the whole episode and be manily offtopic, I don't like those kind of episodes in shows. A rest/less serious scenes is always good, but I also want the story to go forward and this has a high chance of taking A LOT of time, considering Sage and the MC get to be in bed together within the game and all of that. I don't see how a dream could be anything but offtopic, a real game has at least some chances of having some character development.
That Sage preview is also what has me thinking this DnG game will take up a chunk of the episode, because unless the MC's character gets carried off by a troop of flying monkeys shortly after that preview image of him with Jill, Maya, Josy, and Sally, and he's taken to the highest room of the tallest tower where Sage is being held, then it's going to potentially take some time to get from that group scene to the Sage scene.

The thing about a dream sequence is that it depends how it's done. If a dream fills a whole episode of a TV show, then it's filler, but if it's like 5 minutes at the beginning of the show, or even in the middle, where it shows some of the protagonist's subconscious thoughts and feelings manifested in a troubling or slightly nightmarish vision, it gives us some insight into where their head is at at this particular moment. It doesn't necessarily advance the plot, but it can advance the character development of the protagonist if they let what they dreamt about affect their actions moving forward.

Last edited:

-VQueS-

May 1, 2020
DPC: ep6 will be more varied than ep5 was.
Fanfic writer*after seeing one preview*:
I think it might be, and now I'm starting to think that it may indeed be what takes up most of the episode.
...:KEK:
MC playing a game of DnG with 4 of the 5 LIs
Wow..:oops:I only saw Josy, Maya and Jill. Or Sally is also a love interest?:WaitWhat::LUL:
now we have 4 previews that seem to indicate the possibility of the MC playing a game of DnG
:LUL:..I only saw one.
You say the weirdest things. Almost always:KEK:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
That Sage preview is also what has me thinking this DnG game will take up a chunk of the episode, because unless the MC's character gets carried off by a troop of flying monkeys shortly after that preview image of him with Jill, Maya, Josy, and Sally, and he's taken to the highest room of the tallest tower where Sage is being held, then it's going to potentially take some time to get from that group scene to the Sage scene.

The thing about a dream sequence is that it depends how it's done. If a dream fills a whole episode of a TV show, then it's filler, but if it's like 5 minutes at the beginning of the show, or even in the middle, where it shows some of the protagonist's subconscious thoughts and feelings manifested in a troubling or slightly nightmarish vision, it gives us some insight into where their head is at at this particular moment. It doesn't necessarily advance the plot, but it can advance the character development of the protagonist if they let what they dreamt about affect their actions moving forward.
I agree a long, involved game would be a mistake. For better or worse, Episode 5 already served as a break from the action to let the MC get his groove on with damn near everyone. We need to get back to advancing the actual story. A quick DnG game can help with that by giving us time to see characters playing off each other in ways they normally don't. A long DnG session that takes up most of the episode will have a very hard time doing that.

So how involved will the game be? Hard to say. If we assume Sage's preview is within the game (plausible given that bedspread), it definitely suggests the game will have multiple scenes.

Still, a DnG game could cover a lot of ground very quickly if DPC wants it to. We don't necessarily need a detailed story that shows all the steps. We could just establish a quest only to have the PCs completely botch it right off the bat. The MC's new character gets captured and the session ends with him being executed, establishing a running gag for future sessions.

That's certainly what I'd prefer (not the scenario specifically, just that the session is fast and goofy). It does seem in keeping with Magnar's DMing style, so I'm not going to panic yet.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
DPC: ep6 will be more varied than ep5 was.
Fanfic writer*after seeing one preview*:

...:KEK:

Wow..:oops:I only saw Josy, Maya and Jill. Or Sally is also a love interest?:WaitWhat::LUL:

You say the weirdest things. Almost always:KEK:
The pic in bed with Sage is from a medieval resource pack. It could be that he bought it with other assets for D&G and used it for something real but the most likely explanation is that Sage is also playing the game. We saw her in a preview at the library too.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Josy, Maya, Jill AND Sage.
preview4.jpg preview2.jpg
It's been previously pointed out that Sage is lying on a bed from a fantasy/medieval DAZ asset.

Then you haven't been paying attention because we also have these 2 previews showing Sage and Maya in the library.
preview5.jpg discord_preview.jpg
Since we know that the Nerds play DnG in the library, these 4 previews seem to indicate a game will be played with at least 4 of the 5 LIs.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes