jadenyuki

Oct 9, 2019
Damn, I can't even remember the last time I came here. I went to Dpc patreon's page and just realized that I am not a patreon anymore, lol.

Is there any news about update's date release?

Reactions: RustyRug

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Doc Pink Cake make an interesting comment on his Patreon page:

"Most likely 4 episodes in Season 2 and there will at least be a Season 3 as well. Cheers."

So much for my idea that Episode 6 was the start of the Finale. Well, it could be still. Doc clear plans on continuing with the story for the next few years at least!
Cool. I don't see anything that make me worry, but as I expected the comments were spiraling as usual. :LOL:
I find this comment reassuring, He won't promise something far ahead without knowing what the future hold .He stick to the present and the near future. I like it, I saw to many ambitious developer, promising thing left and right, only to never achieve it.

shashaisnotgrey

Jul 13, 2019
I hope not...we're having a D&G game in this ep, if DPC put a flashback on this ep too I'll riot.

I think a codex would be a nice addition to the game, i realy want to know more about the characters, like age or year of college and relationship status.
Hey, man. That fan tag, what game is it? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Sorry for the inconvenience anyway :)

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
If you don't want to feel dejected by an "unexpected" turn in a work in progress you should stay away of it. Obviously you can always say what you think about it (and you are free to even stop supporting that project) but having in mind that your opinion won't (or shouldn't) change what the dev has envisioned.
Exactly this. While, yes, it's important for players to have a venue to voice their opinions on the game, it's even more important that DPC is able to ignore these opinions and write his story. BaDIK is not a story written by the internet, it's a story written by DPC. When you allow a creator freedom to tell their own story their own way you get Inception... you get The Lord of The Rings... you get A New Hope. When you create art by committee, you end up with Fant4stic, Suicide Squad, or Movie 43.

It's clear that Bella has a TON of fans, and most of them don't want to see anything bad happen to her... but the groundwork has been laid. She is hiding something either in her past or in that locked room that is dark and tragic. If not, then all the 'mystery' will have been a lame redirect, and the MC's comment in the library will be a giant plot-hole at best, or 'false advertising' or cowardice by DPC at its absolute worst. Just because she's got pouty lips and enormous tits doesn't change the fact that everything being fine with her would be terrible writing at this point. No... she is absoutely not going to turn out to be some kind of psycho killer like Leah... but it is going to be revealed that something bad happened in her past (either by her or to her) or that she's suffering from some kind of mental illness, or something. It has to.

If players have a problem with something like that in this game, then maybe playing a game that literally starts with a warning not to play it if you're in a bad place in your life was not the best decision?

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if DPC sees the comments from people thinking this will go the same way as AL and has a little chuckle to themselves because they've got people so on edge and expecting something dark and tragic, but they know that there won't be.
Except that there will be something 'dark and tragic' over the course of the game. It's just extremely likely that it won't define BaDIK like it did AL, as it will only be part of a much longer story. I fully expect a 'happy' ending and for most of the game to maintain its lighter tone, but just because it's a 'comedy' doesn't mean you can't have a dash of tragedy mixed in here and there as well. The lows simply accentuate the highs.

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
I'm just glad that doc gave an option to punch him in his face. There's no excuse for not hating this entitle piece of shit.
Agree, but have you got a save back up? It was very satisfying punching him but you know he's the type of snake that will use Jill against you should you be chasing her. The line he wanted to press charges speaks to that .... what will he have Jill do to smooth things over? (Yuck, I don't wanna think about that ..... :sick:)

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
Doing a replay of episode 4, I'll be curious how big an impact the option to practice or not practice Jill's song will have.

Ep. 6 seems to feature the recital. Perhaps Jill will be really nervous and MC has the option of joining her on stage to accompany her and help boost her confidence.

If you chose to practice, than the performance goes off without a hitch and Jill gets a standing ovation. If you didn't practice, the performance goes horribly and Jill is humiliated and berates MC for making a bad situation worse, leading to a massive drop in RP points with her.

If MC joins Jill on stage, it could also lead to drama with the romanced LI's (even though they all said they're ok with an open relationship for right now), with Josy/Maya showing open annoyance, Bella feeling guilty over her feelings for a much younger man who's involved with Jill, and Sage could have this inner monologue:

Sage: "Why do I feel jealous? We're just fuck buddies, nothing else. I'm just using him to get revenge on Chad...that kiss in the backyard was a mistake...so why do i feel so empty inside when I see them together on stage?"

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Quin might blackmail MC/Bella?

View attachment 836537
at most Quinn might have some suspicions about MC and Bella (suspicious of what though? They are currently not in a real relationship).
Doing a replay of episode 4, I'll be curious how big an impact the option to practice or not practice Jill's song will have.

Ep. 6 seems to feature the recital. Perhaps Jill will be really nervous and MC has the option of joining her on stage to accompany her and help boost her confidence.

If you chose to practice, than the performance goes off without a hitch and Jill gets a standing ovation. If you didn't practice, the performance goes horribly and Jill is humiliated and berates MC for making a bad situation worse, leading to a massive drop in RP points with her.

If MC joins Jill on stage, it could also lead to drama with the romanced LI's (even though they all said they're ok with an open relationship for right now), with Josy/Maya showing open annoyance, Bella feeling guilty over her feelings for a much younger man who's involved with Jill, and Sage could have this inner monologue:

Sage: "Why do I feel jealous? We're just fuck buddies, nothing else. I'm just using him to get revenge on Chad...that kiss in the backyard was a mistake...so why do i feel so empty inside when I see them together on stage?"
I've always imagined a "save the last dance" scene with a duet between Jill and MC that blends classic and modern

Reactions: SirDawcio

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Exactly this. While, yes, it's important for players to have a venue to voice their opinions on the game, it's even more important that DPC is able to ignore these opinions and write his story. BaDIK is not a story written by the internet, it's a story written by DPC. When you allow a creator freedom to tell their own story their own way you get Inception... you get The Lord of The Rings... you get A New Hope. When you create art by committee, you end up with Fant4stic, Suicide Squad, or Movie 43.

It's clear that Bella has a TON of fans, and most of them don't want to see anything bad happen to her... but the groundwork has been laid. She is hiding something either in her past or in that locked room that is dark and tragic. If not, then all the 'mystery' will have been a lame redirect, and the MC's comment in the library will be a giant plot-hole at best, or 'false advertising' or cowardice by DPC at its absolute worst. Just because she's got pouty lips and enormous tits doesn't change the fact that everything being fine with her would be terrible writing at this point. No... she is absoutely not going to turn out to be some kind of psycho killer like Leah... but it is going to be revealed that something bad happened in her past (either by her or to her) or that she's suffering from some kind of mental illness, or something. It has to.

If players have a problem with something like that in this game, then maybe playing a game that literally starts with a warning not to play it if you're in a bad place in your life was not the best decision?

Except that there will be something 'dark and tragic' over the course of the game. It's just extremely likely that it won't define BaDIK like it did AL, as it will only be part of a much longer story. I fully expect a 'happy' ending and for most of the game to maintain its lighter tone, but just because it's a 'comedy' doesn't mean you can't have a dash of tragedy mixed in here and there as well. The lows simply accentuate the highs.
Oh God don't remind me of the Fant4stic movie. The movie was major garbage, but what really irked me was how anyone thought it was a good idea putting a 4 in the middle of the name. How on earth does that look like an A? :rolleyes: :FacePalm:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I was banned on his steam board for pretty much saying that if he goes the AL route for BADAIK he would lose fans, money, and a future in this career. He got... "Sensitive". I am not trolling. I am stating a fact: If he takes Bella down the psycho path of Leah, and gives us a stupid no win choice for Maya and Josy, he will definitely lose out in the long and short run. AND if he gets "Butthurt" by hearing opinions of people, then that is his issue. Oh and I have paid for the game..

If on the other hand he sticks to the GENRE he advertised before making the game in his announcements, it will be golden. HE definitely has humor and an eye for the renders. He has talent. I hope he doesn't squander his 15 minutes of fame in some kind of psychological melodramatic screw the pooch moment for this great game. I played AL 2 x... I will not play it again. Doesn't suit me to suffer in gaming. Real life has enough of that. Let's hope he knows that as well.
Very well said. I've said the same as you multiple times on both the AL forum on Steam as well as BAD forum on Steam. So far I haven't been banned (don't really give a shit if I am, either) - nothing wrong with people having opinions. If this game ends in an emotionally devastating fashion like AL, I am out for future DPC games. And I've bought AL on Steam, BAD on Steam, and even backed his Patreon for about 6 months at the $15 tier. As you mentioned, hopefully he doesn't decide to tempt fate and push forward with that type of conclusion this time around...

I personally do hope that it turns out she's secretly a good person because people who sell drugs and are involved in prostitution aren't always bad people, even if what they're involved with can cause harm to others. The vast majority are victims of circumstance who resort to such things due to extenuating circumstances, who feel like this sort of thing is their only option to get out of or deal with a certain situation. As I've mentioned before, I've dealt with people like that in the past and many of the ones I met were some of the nicest, friendliest, and most down-to-Earth people once you get to know them outside of and away from that life.

So that's why I hope that Quinn isn't a bad person because, based on my own experience, not everybody who does those things is bad and I feel like Quinn is one of those victims of circumstance.
Ya my hope is the same as yours (just don't want it to be snatched from our hands at the end, lol) - I think Quinn has one of the best bodies in the game. Definitely would like to learn more about her motives.

Crystaldom

Feb 14, 2020
I'm just glad that doc gave an option to punch him in his face. There's no excuse for not hating this entitle piece of shit. He is the type of guy to rent a girl on a date and later press charges on her for stealing his virginity. I'm 100% sure he would brag about how big the size of his dick is and the fact that's he isn't is a dead giveaway, this man is rockin a solid two inches, that melon ain't cut deep enough lmao
I had to avoid that in my main route. Hitting that prick will mess things up with Jill in the long run. When the time is right, He'll get whats coming to him... the watermelon too!

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes